[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ridley Scott is now shit-tier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: sddefault.jpg (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
21KB, 640x480px
What in the fuck was this?

Like Angry Joe said...it should have been called Alien: Michael Fassbender.

It's like Ridley Scott is trying to ruin his legacy. I dare say it, but Prometheus was better.

I say let Blomkamp make his now...it can't be worse than this stupid bullshit.
>>
>>83095893
Prometheus was Ridley Scott's creation. The writing was shit, that's about it.

Alien: Covenant was Fox trying to fix something that wasn't broken.
>>
>>83095893
pleb
>>
>let blomkamo make it

I would rather micheal bay make it
>>
>>83095925

Alien 3 was superior to Alien Covenant.

That's pretty fucking bad.
>>
Yeah I'm pretty pissed we got this crap instead of the original Prometheus based trilogy and the Niel blokamcpt movie
>>
>>83095893
So was the xenomorph only in this because of studio interference because that's what it seems like. I think the neomorph was originally planned to be in the whole movie instead of abandoned out of nowhere in favor of the xeno.
>>
>>83095989
>oh no the aliens have finally landed
>in CHINA
>>
Ridley Scott was ALWAYS shit-tier. I'm convinced that Alien and Blade Runner were great in spite of Scott, not because of him. He's a fucking hack, and almost all of his movies suck ass.
>>
>>83099546
Legend is pretty solid too.
>>
File: 1471957733648.jpg (144KB, 618x597px) Image search: [Google]
1471957733648.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
>>83095893
>now
>>
>>83095893
He got old and out of touch like Lucas.
>>
>>83095893
I think Angry Joe loves Aliens more than Alien and if so that says a great deal about his disappointment. I think the Xenomorph is improved by not being a mere insect with queen/hive or being a random space parasite contracted by giant elephant creatures.
>>
>>83099795
I don't think that's true. Not only does he avoid giving answer's to questions better left to personal interpretation he scales back and humbles his universe by making it more human centric.
>>
>>83099864
Honestly, I always fucking hated the idea of the Xenos being "genetically engineered weapons".

Just give a full blown Giger planet out in the deepest, darkest reaches of space where all kinds of freaky ass shit lurks, including the Xenos.
>>
Movie was pretty good, don't care what faggots like mad joe have to say.
>>
>>83095893
Blade Runner is next
>>
>>83099952
I don't think they are weapons. If you look at humanity in the alien universe they apper to be the primary component of a malfunctioning von neumann probe and the aliens are like the fail safe.
>>
Prometheus was shit. Only plebs think it was setting up deep questions. An Engineer rips of a robots head and smacks an old man with it.

Scott is senile. Also, Alien isn't that great.
>>
>>83100137
>Only plebs think it was setting up deep questions.
You are supposed to ask the questions and give the answers yourself. The movie goes out of it's way to NOT think for you.
>>
>>83095893
>et Blomkamp make his now.
Blomkamp it's a fucking hack and one trick pony. He wouldnt have fared better desu.
>>
>>83099546
>>83099662
Scott is a complete hack who had a talent of surrounding himself with people far more capable than him.
His movies look great because of great directors of photography and great art direction.
Everyone loves blade runner for the visuals. Not for what a snoozefest it is.
>>
>>83095893

Holy fuck though, the movie starts great like the Prometheus, ending falls so goddamn short.

Stay the fuck away from the franchise Ridley.
>>
>>83100546
What a load of bullshit.
>snoozefest
You have got to be kidding me.
>>
>>83095893
>let Blomkamp make his
ohhh that could be fun
>>
File: images.jpg (125KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
125KB, 720x1080px
>>83095893
>Ridley Scott is now shit-tier
>now
>>
>>83100867
Ridley did nothing wrong.
>>
Have you seen the interviews he's given lately? He's clearly a barely functioning drunk that's fucking ruined his brain.
>>
>>83100796
That movie was a fucking drag
>>
>>83095925
Stop making excuses for Ridley. He was entirely responsible for both movies sucking so much
>>
File: sqdfbhLittle Caprice.jpg (905KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sqdfbhLittle Caprice.jpg
905KB, 1920x1200px
>>83100137
>Alien isn't that great.
>>
>>83095893
>Like Angry Joe said
Who the fuck is Angry Joe?
>>
>>83101031
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFqBTSvBPAU
Blade runner was one of the few films to improve on the original novel and was definitely not a drag to watch. The scenes were the Andies interact with humans are very tense. You learn that they massacred a ship full of humans just prior to landing on the planet and then you have that interview.
>>
>>83095893

I liked covenant
>>
>>83101144
What did you think of the Alien? I actually found it's movements very interesting and didn't think I would like it in comparison with the older style imposed by those rubber/latex suits.
>>
>couldn't handle the Ridley hackery

top patrish
>>
>>83095893
>Angry Joe
Stopped right there.
>>
>>83095893
>it should have been called Alien: Michael Fassbender.

Like that's a bad thing
>>
>angry joe

Why do we let /v/ermins post here?
>>
>>83101411
Probably because they are legion in number and always angry.
>>
>>83100867
He was never good. Alien was literally all Giger and Vanlint.
>>
>>83101342
>>83101411
It sucked before his review it sucks after. fact.
>>
>>83100094
Why do you think that? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>83104697
A seeder ship is a type of von neumann probe where colonization proceeds exponentially and given the relative emptiness of the universe I don't think the engineers are establishing a galactic civilization but they are spreading. The danger in such probes is that they will malfunction and grow like a cancer, destroying the galaxy. I think the idea fits perfectly with the overall bio-mechanical theme of the alien universe and fits the tone. In short human/engineers are part of a expanding system of self correcting probes. Humans being "fallen" beings are actually free so long as they can avoid the xenomorphs and engineers.
>>
>>83105680
Pretty interesting. Thanks anon
>>
>>83105680
Also you would expect the self destruct mechanism to still exert its influence on humans and their technology. David is likely the embodiment of this need to self terminate.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.