[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

Apologize
>>
>>83090600
Why are they copying stargate aesthetic?
>>
>>83090600
I haven't seen this. What did I think of it?
>>
For what? I thought it was kino.
>>
Gerald Butler really needs a new agent
>>
>>83090625
because american education on Egypt history consists of Stargate
>>
>>83090717

>you will never read aloud your book report on ancient egypt about how Captain O Neil and Lt Carter beat Ra and end it off with a hearty JAFFA KREE
>>
Haven't seen it but I heard the action scenes were breddy gud, also SJW butthurt so +1
>>
>>83090844
it's basically the exact same as the mummy returns, a lighthearted adventure romp through a fantasy version of ancient egypt that drowns in too much bad CGI, only in this decade you're now supposed to hate it because the cast is too white and cheesy fun isn't allowed unless you're marvel I guess
>>
>>83090600
It was quite funny and good. Actors are awesome, story is somewhat weak, but nothing too serious.
The only thing that bugged my mind was that the all knowing god was a nigger
>>
>>83090669
The minotaurs were sexy. Anubis was kinda hot too I guess. Probably not worth sitting through the rest of the bullshit movie for, though.
>>
>>83090669
for a mindless action flick its great.
>>
>>83091172

Anon, do you like the works of Rov?
>>
>>83090957
>it's basically the exact same as the mummy returns
>Proyas was just going for cheesy fun g-guys
>procedes to chimp out at critical response as if he expected accolades for his great epic tale
yeah no
>>
>>83091369
>Proyas was just going for cheesy fun
if you can't see that that's very obviously what GOE is trying to be, you may have actual severe autism
>>
We were ancient royalty and such.
>>
Unironically kino
>>
If this came out in 2003 everyone would have loved it.
>>
File: who.jpg (16KB, 314x236px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
16KB, 314x236px
>>83091244
>>
>>83091627
The sfx look about that dated yeah
>>
>>83091841
There's still hope for you yet. Don't make the same
mistake I did.
>>
File: anubis.jpg (72KB, 727x523px) Image search: [Google]
anubis.jpg
72KB, 727x523px
>>83091914
Anon pls, at least give me the basic gestalt of who or what it's about
>>
>>83090600
It was fun movie, had good concepts like gods literally greater than men, Ra literally having a boat which dragged the sun in heavens, and Hathor being sexy as fuck (but she could have bigger boobs, I give you that). Journey through the afterlife and the judgement was very well done, and backstory of Hathor having a "Sekhmet curse" was a nice tip for all people who know something about Egyptian religion.

Story is bland, of course, and acting is very lacking. I hate popular portrayal of Set as some kind of "Egyptian Satan" when in reality it was he who saved the Sun from Apep every fuckin' day. Osiris and Isis could have been done better, especially Osiris' killing. Thot was shit, however the Sphinx scene was at the same time well done and funny.

Also, "I'm the goddess of love. If I won't do that, I'm nothing" was a beautiful line.

I'd give this movie 5/10, but in the scale of my personal fun 7/10.
>>
>>83090600
I unironically liked this.
>>
>>83092406
>when in reality it was he who saved the Sun from Apep every fuckin' day
In fairness, that was given a nod with Set being told that the trials were to prepare him for taking over Ra's job and being boss.

He just didn't want to fight a giant demon snake, was lazy.
>>
>>83092406
>I hate popular portrayal of Set as some kind of "Egyptian Satan" when in reality it was he who saved the Sun from Apep every fuckin' day

to be fair, the Egyptians themselves took him down that road. in the first millennium BC, Set was generally equated with Apep and he was identified with the foreign rulers (Persians, then Greeks) who threatened to defile Egyptian culture (identified with Osiris who was murdered by Set)
>>
It has one one of the most laughable vfx of the decade
I'm glad I saw this clusterfuck on the big screen
>>
wasn't Abbey Lee in this as a snake-riding warrior or something?
>>
>>83095175

She could ride my snake alright
>>
The nigger genius was sjw tier but i guess it's americans doing american things.
>>
>>83095367
>The nigger genius was sjw tier

didn't he get tricked though? some genius. also stop whining about SJWs, it just makes you sound like a fart.
>>
>>83095403
Well we are discussing the movie and i am talking about something that imo made it worse, i don't care if it's not pc or makes me sound "like a fart".
>>
>>83095367
I mean yeah, the God of Wisdom is probably going to be pretty smart.
>>
File: green screen.png (584KB, 803x361px) Image search: [Google]
green screen.png
584KB, 803x361px
No
>>
File: 1495541914761.jpg (20KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1495541914761.jpg
20KB, 211x246px
>black guy is a GENIUS?? SJW CRAP!
>Gerard Butler in a role meant for WE WUZ?! White washing!!

You just can't win.
>>
>>83095534
I'm not sure what Im' supposed to be looking at here
>>
>>83095728
Butler's role wasn't meant for WE WUZ, egyptians were not niggers nor arabs.
>>
>>83095914
Missing the point
>>
>>83095914
Exactly.
>>
>>83095955
I understand your point but if we start passively accepting the rewriting of history we will have everyone was black except nazis in 20 years.
>>
>>83096089
Again, missing the point. and also falling for the sjw bait that the original post was mocking
>>
File: 5e2.jpg (35KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
5e2.jpg
35KB, 554x439px
>>83096089
>make a point about how both sides of the political shit coin will never be satisfied, because politics
>you respond to the sjw rhetoric at face value and start parroting braindead /pol/tard remarks, outing yourself as a retard
>>
File: 1464672090085.jpg (73KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1464672090085.jpg
73KB, 499x499px
Unironically had fun
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.