[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this kino? Pretty comfy if you ask me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 225px-Longposter[1].jpg (18KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
225px-Longposter[1].jpg
18KB, 225x346px
Thoughts on this kino?

Pretty comfy if you ask me
>>
Only watched the first half, but I know it's waiting for me.
>>
Yeah, it's a personal favorite. Hayden's performance is exemplary, the score is beautiful and whimsical, chill aesthetic.
>>
Elliott Gould is a joke and I'm not ever watching this.
>>
Robert Altman is probably the most underrated filmmaker of all time. And yes, this is comfy 70s noir kino.
>>
>>83081480
1.5/5. Load of garbage. The ghost of Bogey and Robert Mitchum should have beat the crap out of Elliott Gould and Altman. The only thing that made it even watchable was all the normal Altman looneyness and odd characters. But it definitely should not be considered a Phillip Marlowe story. Fuck this movie and fuck this thread.
>>
I didn't "get" this film. Everything about it I shoulda liked, but it did nothing for me. I love the book, and they really butchered the writer character.

Score is GOAT tho.
>>
>>83081568
What's your problem with him?
>>
>>83081692
I don't find that he has even a scintilla of talent as an actor.
>>
>>83081480
It's okay with me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKNo8yzXxyM

Interrogation scene really won me over. The way Marlowe just plays with the cop and all the guy can muster is "f-fag! fag!" is gold
>>
>>83081674
Mitchum was still alive dimwit
>>
>>83081674
Altman loved how the script deviated from the book and had Marlowe do something very out of character. He refused to do the movie unless he could use that ending. and actually, it was written by the same woman who wrote the screenplay for The Big Sleep.
>>
>>83081884
Mitchum would be aided by the ghost of Bogey. This is clear by the fact that the singular "ghost" was used. It's not ambiguous and is perfect English.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.