[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5158.jpg (129KB, 736x1099px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5158.jpg
129KB, 736x1099px
What the FUCK was his problem?
>>
>>83081124
The world
Literally
>>
>>83081124
He's a nihilist
>>
>>83081124
nothing. he was the only sane one in the whole group.
>>
>>83081149
Explain
>>
>>83081178
The world/society was the biggest joke of all because in reality we're still fucking animals no matter how much we try to dress ourselves up
>>
>>83081124
He was a comedian that didn't tell any jokes.
>>
File: 1488237469314.jpg (63KB, 864x746px) Image search: [Google]
1488237469314.jpg
63KB, 864x746px
It's all just a fucking joke
>>
>>83081172
This reply is bait.
>>
I actually really liked him. I could relate to his sick outlook on the world but then the rape happened and ew, I just could never do that in a million years. Still, this guy gets points for being edgy in the "right way".
>>
>>83081178
What's to explain. He saw the world as a bad joke where nothing mattered.
>>
>>83081266
The rape is better explained in the comics.

It's less "Me tough man take what me want" and more "I have been led to believe that you want to have sex with me, let's have sex. We are having sex and you are continuing without resistance. Excellent sex we've had let's do it again and again it did happen."

Also the comedian is literally me.
>>
Was "Who watched The Watchmen?" supposed to be a meta double entendre about how shitty this movie is?
>>
What problem? He did nothing wrong
>>
>>83081399
>Watchmen
>Shitty
Leave please.
>>
File: BYrw2ua.gif (980KB, 496x236px) Image search: [Google]
BYrw2ua.gif
980KB, 496x236px
>>83081399
>>
>>83081124
he was literally a watch man
>>
Pissed off teenage nihilism that never went away.
>>
>>83081244
What's going on here
>>
>>83081124
NEEGAN?
>>
>>83081244
That's pretty neat. I thought he actually got jacked for the film.
>>
>>83081124
He had a wicked sense of humor

I actually really relate to him

He actually sees the world for what it is and finds all the shit in it funny

Best written character since Dark Knight's Joker
>>
>>83081178
The Comedian's nihilism comes as a response to the hero worship that he experienced. The dude started being a hero at 15 and never had a chance to truthfully mature. The world wouldn't let him mature, it just assumed he was fully matured already. It's like Michael Jackson, but with violence instead of music.
>>
Was Manhattan complicit in the murder of the woman? He really could have stopped Comedian.
>>
>>83081385
So it wasn't rape at all? The movie basically made it seem like cut and dry (no pun) rape.
>>
>>83081735
Yes, he let it happen
>>
>>83081735
Yes, it was to illustrate that Manhattan considered himself.
>>
>>83081735
>Human can't control himself
>Somehow Manhattan's fault
Manhattan didn't owe the world anything
>>
>>83081735
Comedian could have acted rationally and stopped that pregnant woman instead of pulling out his gun.
Manhattan was there because the US wanted to win the war, not because he wanted to be there.
>>
>>83081735
>>83081836
This. Its not his responsibility to hold little babby humans hand
>>
>>83081246
not even him, but why is it bait? He was, maybe, a little too jaded but him and Rorschach were the only ones not living in a fantasy world.
>>
>>83081757
It was still rape but it's set in the 40s so what he did wouldn't have been seen as rape. She had a kid 10 years later with him and the big revelation with her daughter is that although he "raped" her she loved him.
>>
>>83081885
reminder that at some point manhattan was a superhero that saved lives, thus it was still pretty shitty of him to let the pregnant lady get shot, though not necessarily his fault
>>
>>83081244
>Zack could had done this with Galgo "greyhound" gadot for wonder woman
>>
>>83081950
Nevermind. I just watched the scene again and he didn't actually rape her, he just attempted to before the guy with the noose/mask walks in and hits him. So he did attempt to rape her but she still had real feelings for him despite it. Later they had consensual sex and conceived a child due to it. Am I getting this correct?
>>
>>83082097
Yeah. They had been flirting for a while so the rape was Comedian making his move, him assuming that it was what she wanted.
>>
>>83081987
It's a direct parallel to Rorschach and Kitty Genovese. The observer effect. The more humans are present, the less likely any single person is to help someone in distress under the assumption that there's someone else that'll do it for them. Manhattan was the only witness to the murder of the Vietnamese woman, and according to the observer effect he should have intervened, but he didn't. He isn't human any more. He's detached.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.