[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when you realise harry potter is a metaphor for WWII discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: The russians.jpg (40KB, 375x280px) Image search: [Google]
The russians.jpg
40KB, 375x280px
>when you realise harry potter is a metaphor for WWII

discuss.
>>
is it because james potter was the allies and snape was hitler and you find out that james was a dickhead and snape was right all along?
>>
>>83068286
no snape was the russians look at the image i even named it the russians did you even read the filename sheesh
>>
You might have to get in-depth on this one with me OP
>>
File: 1480911486665.jpg (1MB, 1596x2850px) Image search: [Google]
1480911486665.jpg
1MB, 1596x2850px
>when yoi realize Harry Potter is one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises.
Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>83068564
It's because voldemort is an allegory for hitler, come on this is baby shit. Snape can be considered Russia.
>>
>>83068735
On time, as usual.
>>
>>83068735

> Atlas Shrugged

Fuck off.
>>
I'll discuss that you're a fucking brainlet. All modern science fiction is you retard. Children know this, I bet you thought were so XD clever right Reddit. Kys
>>
>>83068286
>>83068499
lol
>>
A very shit metaphor to be sure
>>
if you fools can even distinguish the charactor factions

if one of you AT LEAST can catagotize the charactors as

>allies
>axis
>other forces involved with labels
and
>three major events and what they allude to (goblet of fire games, etc.)

then i will consider you guys smart enough to argue this with me. i see these threads every day and nobody even can break the ice on the surface of the deepness of the movies. im really hoping you guys can do it im rooting for you. if you get it right ill respond to you and award you because im writing an extensive paper on this film series for my master's. good luck.

>you don't need images just try and explain.
>>
>>83068997
Honestly kill yourself. Nobody gives a shit about babies first subtext.
>>
>>83069074
you see this just proves my thesis more that you guys are just not smart enough to draw a few simple conclusions about any art on this board it's pathetic really.

this place used to be a great intellectual fountain of knowledge but now it's just bane posting and trolling.
>>
>>83069186
XD upvoted!!!!!!!
>>
>>83068218
Its a wizard dystopia it parallels a lot of things. Its british self deprecation. All of them are kino
>>
The fact that this retard made this thread is embarrassing. What a down syndrome cunt.
>>
>>83069347
Maybe he's too intelligent for you to understand what he's saying.
>>
File: Roosevelt_ERB_News.jpg (215KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Roosevelt_ERB_News.jpg
215KB, 768x432px
WELL DONE HITLER, WELL DONE

HOWEVER
>>
>>83069347
you know what op ill take the bait

snape is russians because you already told us

herminy is the americans
harry is germany prewar /the side that isnt nazis
voldemort is hitler
and ron is metaphor for ally forces in europe.

the different houses are just different regions of the world i guess idk

is the bgoblet of fire the olympic games ? because like hitler was involved kinda with the goblet and voldemort and voldemort was there and he used the kill spell

>>83068218

>was i even close lmao
>>
>>83069186
Hey OP you're right on the money nobody here discusses anything if they can't meme. Its cancer. There's a lot to analyze in HP in terms of metaphors and the filmmaking involved that nobody discusses. They think about the plot and not pottery
>>
>>83069512
somewhat. you need two more events and ron is not what you say he is
>>
>>83069512
Malfoy is Italy
>>
>>83069383
All modern sci fi is ww2 allegories. But op presents it like it some intellectual feat. It's embarrassing.
>>
>imagine being this anally devastated for no reason
>>
File: 54845161.png (112KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
54845161.png
112KB, 250x242px
>>83068286
>>
>>83068735
>great gatsby
>les miserables

pretty good bait
>>
Remember in 'Chamber Of Secrets', at the end, when Malfoy's dad almost Avada Kedavara'd Harry?
>>
>>83071452
It was ad libbed remember when people bothered to try and know about things they say and not meme?
>>
>>83070177
But then it's not bullshit
>>
>>83072932
???
>>
>>83068286
>snape was right all along
He was never right. He was just a guilt-ridden cuck that got used like a bitch by Dumbledore.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.