[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me some Kino about Cults

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: cult.jpg (88KB, 907x529px) Image search: [Google]
cult.jpg
88KB, 907x529px
The new Farcry is about doomsday preppers and cultists in a small town. I just finished the 1973 Wickerman and I'm not looking for a monster movie.
>>
>>83066757
You can go to /r/the_donald and experience a cult in progress.
>>
>>83066927
Funny, however the only other movie I've seen that fits the bill is Cloverfield lane.
>>
File: kill list.jpg (310KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
kill list.jpg
310KB, 1000x563px
Kill List is pretty cult kino.
>>
>>83066757
The Master
Martha Marcy May Marlene
Sound of My Voice
>>
Is eyes wide shut any good?
>>
>>83066757
Manos: The Hands of Fate
>>
The Blood on Satan's Claw and The Devils are both 70's era also. The Serpent and the Rainbow is good too.
>>
>>83067344

Kubrick's best
>>
>>83066757
Faults is pretty good.
>>
Sacrament was alright, even if it's basically just Jonestown

Apocalyptic was ok I guess
>>
>>83067049
I checked this out, seems a little light on the whole cult affair till the final 20 minutes or so.
>>
File: racedevilmovie.jpg (89KB, 718x466px) Image search: [Google]
racedevilmovie.jpg
89KB, 718x466px
The Devil Rides Out and Race with the Devil are both great, especially the latter.
>>
Getting some good recommendations, anything else more like True Detective season 1?
>>
File: 1490817796618.png (47KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1490817796618.png
47KB, 512x512px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLb3o65q0vk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hPcuw9fYAw
>>
Sacrament is a good "found footage" interpretation of Jonestown. I wouldn't really recommend it in a generic horror film thread, but you specified cult, and it does a pretty good job at what it sets out to do.
>>
>>83068406
Spotlight is a very good newspaper procedural about the Boston church sex scandal.

I guess the Catholic Church isn't a cult, but the particular case in the movie has very cult like behavior.
>>
File: The-Devils.jpg (763KB, 1368x834px) Image search: [Google]
The-Devils.jpg
763KB, 1368x834px
>>83068029
Yeah, it's about somebody stumbling upon cult rather than being part of it.

Sound of my Voice is a movie that is more focused on the internal aspects of a cult, but the cult is more New-Agey, not so much full blown Illerminati.

The Devils, pic related, isn't strictly a film about cults, but there's a bunch of nympho nuns, a charismatic dude who takes advantage of them, and the movie has an obvious sense of religiosity. It's kino, so you should watch it either way, to be honest.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.