[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck you I thought it was pretty fucking good desu.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 39

File: jjj.jpg (67KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
jjj.jpg
67KB, 509x755px
Fuck you I thought it was pretty fucking good desu.
>>
>>83064816

You would though, that's why you and your kind are not welcome here.
>>
I liked it up until the scene with the alien on the ship. That was completely pointless.
>>
>>83064816
I like it too, basically because of Fassbender killing it, the Alien scenes were just there.
>>
>>83064887
me too, I thought the movie would be over by then.
>>
File: 1491259532131.png (108KB, 684x576px) Image search: [Google]
1491259532131.png
108KB, 684x576px
>>83064816
It was desu.
I was hoping for a different message and information but I got the one that was conveyed.
>>
>>83064816
It was a damn good despite significant flaws.
Too bad all the Redditors and millenials can't think for themselves and absorb the opinions of social media.
>>
File: aliencovenantsnapper.gif (533KB, 603x402px) Image search: [Google]
aliencovenantsnapper.gif
533KB, 603x402px
I liked it. Some great scenes and ideas that are let down but some stupid scenes and ideas. Could have done without the xenomorphs in the last act completely and saved them for the next film. Should have finished on the that great shot of David overwatching the first chestburster.

Overall I'd rate it joint third in the series with Alien 3; after Alien and Aliens. Come at me.
>>
>>83065312
oh come on, it was better than Alien 3, thanks to David.
>>
>>83064951
It should've been. Just skip from them escaping the planet to them going back into hypersleep and nothing would be lost.
>>
>>83065338
the ending was killer though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxdlciKlDIE
>>
it was shite
>>
>>83064816

Yeah same, not a massive Alienfag but just went looking for a good sci fi
The movie was well made and entertaining start to finish
>>
Never watching another Alien film after Prometheus. What a bunch of bullshit
>>
>>83064887
The also killed both Aliens and the protomorph pretty easily.
>>
>>83064816
I liked it better than prometheus. I hope they make a sequel, because these are the only good sci-fi space exploration moves
>>
So, I guess David is going to experiment on the entire colony ship and create the eggs and xenomorphs that Ripley find.
>>
Hey, that's cool. You're a fucking moron with garbage taste, but that's cool
>>
>>83065336
lol no
>>
>>83065795
Most likely, Orgy-6 will be, quite literally, alien breeding grounds.
>>
>>83066061
yes lol
>>
>redditshit logic: I like it therefore I can't have bad taste
>>
what the fuck happened to David's hole underneath his chin when she stabs him? I was like...fuck yeah David is dead and I know this simply because he has no hole in his chin...it must be Walter.
>>
>>83066214
He transferred himself into Walter. It's Walter's body.
>>
>>83064816
I hated it. Why can't old geezer Ridley make fun and colorful movies like Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2?
>>
>>83066252
how?
>>
>>83066252
Walter's face would just auto-regenerate the scars then on his face and not need staples
>>
>>83064816
Its guaranteed shit because you fags are always wrong waterstone is a shitty actress. You are predictable
>>
>>83066373
Good points.
>>
>>83065431
Prometheus was the final straw for you and not the shittier Alien 3 or Resurrection?
>>
>Obvious gay couple (the guy flipping out in the wheat-grass over his dead friend holding his wedding band) on a ship to COLONIZE a planet.
>Stronk wymyn characters
>interracial shower scene shoehorned at the end.

it was bad
>>
>>83066490
Prometheus is far more detached from the franchise than those two.

>>83066603
ONly because you're still ass-backwards in the past, white boy.
>>
>>83066650
That makes it worse?
It is objectively better in nearly every metric to Alien 3 and miles ahead of Resurrection
>>
>>83066603
>Obvious gay couple (the guy flipping out in the wheat-grass over his dead friend holding his wedding band) on a ship to COLONIZE a planet.
They had thousands of frozen embryos. Procreation isn't an issue.
>Stronk wymyn characters
Been a thing since the first film
>interracial shower scene shoehorned at the end.
hmmm yeah it was definitely a happy scene where nothing wrong happened at all yeah
>>
>lets go to a planet we know nothing and don't wear suits
>send pretty much everyone down, even including captain and ship's only robot

Pretty much every decision humans made was stupid in this movie. This is common in the genre but this movie probably topped them all
>>
>>83066603
>>Obvious gay couple... COLONIZE a planet.
it's not unreasonable to imagine that humanity would invent an alternative to gold digging whores that want to accuse you of rape and take half your shit..... honestly it seems like a higher priority than interplanetary space travel

and doing so would wipe out the genetics and influence of said parasitic women, which ties into point two quite nicely
>>
>>83066603
>obvious gay couple
There was a gay couple? And the fact that you had to explain it in your own post kinda works against that point.
>>
I thought it was alright when I saw it.

But the more I think about it, the more I like it.
>>
>black goo only attacks animals, but not plants
>it was used on earth not to create life, but to get rid of the unwanted creatures and keep the planet clean and usable for colonization
the engineers could breathe in the opening scene of Prometheus without space suits, so there was an oxygen athmosphere already
>>
>>83066837
I watched the movie about 2hrs ago, it was right in front of you, but I knew some idiots didn't get the subtlety of it so I explained it.
>>
>>83066603
But the engineers are white males
>>
>>83066603
>stronk wymyn characters
Honestly I thought Ripley was the "stronger" character, but Daniels was a bit smarter and more intuitive.
>>
>>83066288
Because not everything has to be Reddit.
>>
>>83066797
the only thing that really bothered me in terms of retarded decisions was not wearing a suit when they went out. I don't think it would've mattered because those spore things would probably get in anyways, but it just seems so dumb to not wear them. Even in Prometheus they wore em.
>>
>>83066894
>call a gay couple in the movie obvious and criticize the movie for it
>acknowledge that it's subtle and know that some people missed it

Now I'm honestly confused about what you're bitching about.
>>
>>83066837
>There was a gay couple?
well one dude cries over the corpse of another dude at some point
>>
I unironically thought the bloodbursters scene up until the point where David shoots the flare was absolute kino. It's a shame they handled the final 15 minutes like they did because the rest of the movie was fucking great.
>>
>>83066603
>Interracial
latina and black isnt interracial idiot
>>
>>83064816
I thought it was pretty fucking shit desu, worse then prometheus, really make me worried about bladerunner 2 and cements the fact that there will never be another good alien film
>>
>>83066747
I give you the first 2, but the going to the shower to listen to music and fuck after most the crew just got wasted is just retarded.
>>
>>83066997
and calling him "my sun" or something like that?
>>
>>83067016
Resurrection didnt do that for you?
>>
>>83067004
It was shit because the lack of music. Remember the landing scene in Prometheus? That was kino.
>>
>>83067065
desu i thought he was saying i love you
>>
>>83066809
Yeah spreading the poz to other planets is of highest priority.
>>
>Character plays film score on a flute

How does this not completely break immersion for everyone? literally simpsons tier
>>
>>83067155
again, it's the future, they probably have NyQuil that cures, coughing, sneezing, sniffling, aching, wheezing, and AIDS
>>
>>83066727
As a film, sure. But not as an Alien film. Prometheus doesn't exist in a vacuum.
>>
>>83067253

The way they played too every time they mentioned Shaw.

She wasn't that important to have a theme tune, nor for the audience to give a fuck.
>>
>>83067027
Hello virgin
>>
>>83064816
It was
>>
>>83067015
Black and latin aren't the same thing, retard.
>>
>>83066488
I know they are, this board is literally wrong about everything because its mainly 17 year old virgins
>>
>>83067320
I guess I see what you're seeing, but even then Alien and Aliens are drastically different too, not as far removed as Prometheus.
I personally enjoy the scifi stuff more with the exception of Alien
>>
>>83066288
What is The Martian?
>>
I'm going to see it next friday and I haeäve no expectations whatsoever and I am going to view it as Prometheus 2 instead of an alien film.

This way I can find it at least somewhat enjoyable
>>
File: 0138657.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
0138657.png
214KB, 400x399px
How many more alien movies until he runs dry?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13022648
>>
>>83066889
HOLY SHIT SON
>>
>>83067529
it is more of prometheus than alien
>>
File: ribley scotch.png (351KB, 1037x504px) Image search: [Google]
ribley scotch.png
351KB, 1037x504px
>>
>>83066889
if ridley actually did this and wasnt just overlooking shit that would be great
>>
>>83067069
The fuck, there was music everywhere. Other than an original theme, they even put music from the first alien and prometheus in it
>>
>>83067599
I kinda viewed the first 30 minutes as Alien, the next hour or so as Prometheus, and the last twenty minutes as Aliens.
>>
>>83067599
It's neither. It completely abandons everythinf the end of Prometheus hinted at and the appearance of a few xenomorphs do nothinf to make it feel like any of the good Alien films (or bad ones for that matter).
It's about David now and it's complete trash.
>>
ay what happened to Neil Blomkamp's Alien? I want Chappie to meet David.
>>
>>83067671
yeah this is a better breakdown of the influences than what I said.
>>83067716
okay anon, take a breather though
>>83067735
cancelled, and I cant say I am upset about it.
>>
I just saw it. I thought it was better than Prometheus, but it was really disappointing that they didn't go further with the engineers. Maybe they will if there are more films, but Ridley has kept us waiting for long so who knows how he'll fuck us up next time?
Fassbender was amazing, main actress was just a victim of everything, even worse than Shaw. The rest were non existant.

I was afraid that this would be a straight up action movie and it's not so that's a good thing, but what we have here is only half-good really.
>>
>>83065205
It wasn't Marvel or Star Wars, therefore it was a shitty movie
>>
>>83067735
Err no. Bunch of aussies accents all the way through the film "wot the fook is dis?" No thanx.
>>
I just want pictures of her hard nips.
>>
>>83067339
>she wasn't that important
Are you serious or just trolling?
>>
>>83066603
the interracial couple got killed Ridley is based and if you burn coal you pay the toll
>>
File: Hurr.jpg (55KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
Hurr.jpg
55KB, 708x708px
>>83064816
Pretty fucking shit desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXWpVzfZJdg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klsy8PiscEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAQGAOPu1k0
>>
>xenomorphs are supposed to be the ultimate predator
>the main girl singlehandedly kills two of them within the span of ten minutes
>>
>>83068100
Does nobody realize that actress's last name is Hernandez?
>>
>>83068136
Nice friend simulators you got there
>>
>>83068292
Are you actually implying that a latina and a black person having sex is not race mixing, aka interracial?
>>
>>83064816
It not a flawless movie, but it was much more good then bad.
>>
>>83068200
there were no xenomorphs in the movie
>>
>>83068592
There were two, dumb fuck
>>
>>83066603
Interracial couple payed the toll
Gay couple both had alien organisms breach and kill them
The only human survivors where the white, hetrosexuals who while dealing with the loss of there spouse did there damn job.

Also, if you have 2000 plus people, you are gong to expect 20 or so gays.
>>
File: 1454278577663.jpg (13KB, 276x268px) Image search: [Google]
1454278577663.jpg
13KB, 276x268px
>>83068648
>thinks the protos a xeno
>>
>>83068687
Don't forget the Tennessee guy representing
>>
>>83068750
If it looks like a xenormoph, walks like a xenomorph, and talks like a xenomorph...
>>
>>83065795
Does this include the fossilized Engineer in the chair?
>>
>>83068648
that was a protomorph, the xeno's arent finished being...engineered.

the xeno's are biomechanical which suggests that eventually, david will somehow manage to get himself absorbed into the lifecycle.

that wont happen until the last prequel.

it would make a nice end to the wayland , david xenomorph plot. all obsessed by creation.

a single note ruins the symphony, fatal flaw etc etc

its philosophy lite but its pretty cool for a horror film
>>
>>83068789
>looks
it was a FUCKING WHITE MALE you shitlord
>>
>>83068789
except when its not, it didn't look, or act like the classic xeno. as for talking like a xeno... fuck you
>>
>>83068789
>massively long limbs
>no biomechanical features. Very organic looking
>hurr durr make jokes instead of accepting i am a retard
>>
File: 1479744932998.jpg (98KB, 1728x792px) Image search: [Google]
1479744932998.jpg
98KB, 1728x792px
>>83068958
>>83068970
>>83068990
I don't remember exactly how the fucking alien looks down to the last detail, i'm not a virgin nerd like you
>>
>>83068958
>>83068970
>>83068990
>AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHH MUH XENOMORPH FYLOGENIES
>>
>>83068750
>xenos have the biomechanic stuff on them in the BD release
>"Uhh, these are the final alien designs but we didn't have time to add the extra textures for the theatrical release."
>>
>>83069037
i saw the first 3 when i was a kid, iv been a big fan of ridley scott and the series ever since, id have to be pretty fucking stupid to not notice what the creature looks like.

no need to be so defensive, it was a simple mistake to make, could happen to anyone.
>>
>>83068136
>posting assmad arturo
>>
>>83068916
>its philosophy lite but its pretty cool for a horror film
IT'S JUST PRETENTIOUS SHIT
>>
David's going to end up carrying all of these prequels, isn't he?
>>
>>83069037
>that isnt a xeno
>hur yes it is idiot hurr

>gets proven wrong

>well your a virgin!!1!

uhhuh
>>
>>83069195
it was a fairly simple idea that ridley Scott had about creation and life, mediated by one excellent actor (twice) and strapped on to a fun action horror.
>>
link for a HD rip online lads?
>>
>hurrr these movies are killing xeno morphs!
kek

remember when the xeno went from being tough as fuck and supersmart fungus-thing to a fucking hive of bugs directed by a shoehorned queen?
>>
I'm starting to think that Ridley Scott is a hack who only occasionally makes good movies.
>>
>>83069807
he is an excellent director , he just doesnt understand story structure too well.
>>
Can somebody please point me in the direction of a place to stream this movie or somewhere I can find a magnet or something
>>
Or aren't there any cams or anything up yet?
>>
>>83070076
>>83070024
You can go back to cryosleep, we are not there yet.
>>
>>83069873
That actually makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>83065365

No it wasn't. It was the same shit from Alien, uninspired and not even interesting since we've seen it before.
>>
>>83070126

Why are there no cams. It's been out for weeks all over the world. I couldn't give any less of a shit if it's got subtitles, I'm just poor and want to see the damn movie
>>
>>83064816
For me it wasn't bad, but not great either

They really didn't need Danny McBride and honestly I thought the xeno cgi looked silly

I still don't completely understand why david nuked the engineers, does he just hate all non-android life that is not his creation?
>>
>>83064816

>don't wear helmets in case of contamination (which happens)
>Decide to jeopardize the entire colony going trough a storm just because one "wife" is on planet.

>Don't do medical checks on everyone as soon as they're back on the covenant.

>Don't stick together when they meet David.

>Trusting David to look in the Egg

>Tennessee's shitty piloting after taking off the planet while fighting the alien.

>Not checking if Walter's an imposer trough a computer.

>"Let's fuck" shower scene because we have too many characters.

>Fire in the Hybernation pod, the fuck? I get it its got chemicals, you'd think they make them less shitty?

>Bearded idiot intentionally touching ALIEN spores.

>Alien's being David's pets and being shown in open, bread daylight. Basically rendering them of any terror they ever posed.

>Robot grows hair.

>Superfluous religious theme, that leads nowhere.

If you explain this, you're a fucking loser.
>>
>>83070405
engineers created man, he considers man to be a shitty creation.

he hates people, he hates himself for being created in our image, he tries to create the perfect organism but it hampered by a fatal flaw,

all he creates are monsters, all wayland created was a monster, all the engineers created were monsters.

walter is a version of david without the creative instinct of "humanity"

shaw was also represented as totally good, she couldn't not create life,

david uses her to create broken twisted life.

the only way to win is not to play yada yada yada around in a loop
>>
>>83070405
>why david nuked the engineers, does he just hate all non-android life that is not his creation?
He wanted to see what would happen if the weapon was released.
>>
>>83064816
Me too, it was a pretty fun movie and a lot less boring than Prometheus. Will probably go to watch it again next week.
>>
>>83064816
Fuck you, you have terrible taste.
>>
Would've rather seen them continue the story of Shaw looking for answers from the engineers.

But no we get a plot armored, kung-fu master android who's engineering xeno's
>>
>>83070771
the next one is about shaw , its takes place between Prometheus and covenant.
>>
>>83070537
>>Robot grows hair.
in the future it would be necessary to come up with ways to make robots seem more human so they can blend in, especially if they're foreign operatives.

like say it would be easy to make a robot eat food to blend in, it could just store the food internally and dispose of it when convenient. but i had an idea for a robot that has a compartment with stomach acid, so if it detects suspicion, it can go "I HAVE TO POO" and go to the bathroom and really stink up the place, leave streaks in the bowl and maybe "forget" to flush, and the humans would see that and say "okay yeah robots don't do that, he's just weird"

for awhile anyway, until that knowledge became mainstream and humanity would have to come up with even better ways to make robots appear human.
>>
i liked this franchise better before Prometheus.

Back when the alien was mysterious and unknown, you know alien.

Like there's this horror we happened across by chance in this vast universe and the answer as to what the fuck xenomorphs actually are may just never be known.

It just makes the whole thing scarier. like, the jockey "who the fuck is this guy, how did he get here? why was he hauling these things around?" not knowing gives the sense of loneliness and atmosphere because space is fuckuuuuuuuge and we may never know the answer.

but noooope along comes Prometheus and the deluge of stupid shit and asspull explanations begins.

After Prometheus somebody should really have taken Ridley Scott by the should and told him gently yet firm "Hey now. Stop."
>>
I was expecting a really gay monster flick because the trailer was basically "DUDE XENOMORPHS!!"

Happy as fuck it wasn't that. It was so good, much better than Prometheus. I loved the main plot was about David and the xenos were just some gay little side-piece to that plot. Also Billy Crudup, Tenessee & the main chick with perky nips were really god damn good. Michael Fassbender goes without saying; the walt & david scenes were probably the best scenes in the movie

also wtf i love john denver now
>>
File: Genocide.jpg (90KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
Genocide.jpg
90KB, 960x480px
I enjoyed it a lot too anon. It's kind of convoluted when looked a in the grand scheme of the series.Characters make dumb decisions but I think its positives outweigh its flaws.

The craft is quite obviously there. Really impressive sets and effects and overall visually it's very good. Enjoyed the gore and the action, thought it was really entertaining and fun.

By far the best aspect of the movie though was the David stuff imo. Fassbender relishes in the role and his scenes bring up the most interesting studies of the themes of creation, life and consciousness.

That's what I appreciated about Prometheus and Alien: Covenant. They're both entertaining sci-fi exploration films with fun action, but they touch upon heady themes and have interesting philosophical elements to them. They're not perfect by any means but at least they're taking the series in a new direction.

What I don't get is how fans keep complaining about really pedantic things about these films, and essentially criticise them for not being the older films. Like would you really rather just see a complete re-hash of the older movies that banks solely on nostalgia, the way that every big movie does now?

Dunno, think Alien's nature is just to be divisive now. Aliens was the last one that most fans would agree was good, and after that things got sticky
>>
>>83070205
I dont think he has ever written the story for his films either. He probably has general outlines that he wants to adhere to but thats about it as far as i know
>>
File: alien-isolation-pic[1].jpg (37KB, 760x427px) Image search: [Google]
alien-isolation-pic[1].jpg
37KB, 760x427px
>>83069288
>>83069129
>>83068990
I thought it was the perfect organism? surely it can't be a prototype if it's the finished, "perfect" product? You sure it's not just a re-designed,
a e s t h e
t i c xenomorph?
>>
>>83071330
The themes, the atmosphere, the acting and the score really make the movie.

I'm with you in not understanding all these autists complaints about really silly pedantic shit like about exactly what the xenomorphs are or comparing it to older movies and shit.

A lot of people bandwagon what RLM said about it and to comment on that - Jay wouldn't know a movie that had beyond "surface level themes" if it punched him in his fucking manlet face
>>
>>83064816
>Trusting /tv/ opinion on any sort've film opinion/knowledge, specially when it comes to shit posting.

cmon
>>
>>83071171
Prometheus was the best entry in the franchise since Aliens.

The franchise only has two great films and one of them is a goddamn action movie.
>>
>>83066603

/pol/ please go
>>
>>83071171
this.

Prometheus. I related to the characters cause I had no idea what was going on and waht was next.

new alien movie. Oh yah these guys are fucked. here comes the infection. keep screaming bitch its only gonna get worse. the end
>>
>>83071330
>effects and overall visually it's very good

the first alien burst scene was pretty bad. the little alien looked bad and didn't interact well when she was on the floor and cutting her face up.

interesting tho
>>
File: kathynips.jpg (227KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
kathynips.jpg
227KB, 800x600px
>>83064816
What would you do to suck those perfect nipples
>>
>>83071330
What I wanted was a genuine sequel to prometheus that scott actually promised fans. instead we got the Nth iteration of what is essentially a monster movie with occasional lovecraftian dialogue
>>
>>83066921
>Daniels was a bit smarter

ehhh. dont get me wrong I loved this movie. But I honestly thought the dumbest thing Daniels did was not kill David the second he got on the ship. Even though she wasn't sure or was skeptical who it really was, she should've been smart enough to take the precaution to kill him just incase it really wasn't Walter. It wouldn't have been much of a loss anyway cause he's a robot
>>
File: 1441365571564.png (273KB, 518x700px) Image search: [Google]
1441365571564.png
273KB, 518x700px
>>83066889

This is literally in the commentary for Prometheus. The engineers thought humans were violent after killing engineer "jesus" 2000 years ago and wanted to kill them.

The old fuck from Prometheus demanded eternal life and treated shaw and david like garbage. This affirmed the engineers beliefs which is why he tried to kill them.
>>
>>83071708
do you mean the actual bursting or after?
because the actual backbursting sequence was brutal as fuck. Once it got up and started moving I agree that it looked a bit off. I dont think it was terrible but it certainly could've panned out better.
>>
>>83071447
it's literally called protomorph
>>
>>83071785
That was scrapped from the movie so not Canon.
>>
>>83071708
I'll admit CGI wasn't top tier. I thought it was decent. Just as a concept I thought the backburster was creative and was executed well.

When I mentioned the effects I was talking more about the practical sets like the space ships and some of the monster stuff
>>
>>83071735
That and fuck I wanted Oram to slay David after shooting the alien and that devil line. Knew he was fucked after he didn't shoot him and followed him
>>
>>83071729
I was happy we got the amount of prometheus in the film that we got because of how autistic alien fans were about prometheus not actually being alien. Ridley sounded very surprised and it seemed like he really didnt want to include aliens in covenant
>>
>>83071871
>>83071829

yeah the back burst. was awesome. but once he was out it didn't look right to me. Also when he was on the girl's face cutting it up looked like an . A over B type integration of CG and actual shot.

either then that most of the cg was awesome.
>>
File: IMG_20170305_161523[1].jpg (41KB, 537x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170305_161523[1].jpg
41KB, 537x587px
>>83071842
Yeah, the thing is mate, it seems to be an unofficial name coined by speculative fans. . If it's literally called a proto, then can you show me the source? There's still a chance that this is a new interpretation of the xenomorph
>>
>>83070405

>didn't need Danny Mcbride

fuck you man he and Daniels were great.
>>
>>83069037
That face looks silly as fuck.
>>
Couldn't stand Walter's accent, but everything else was great!
>>
>>83072086
almost teared up at the scene when tenessee got the news his wife didn't make it

legit great performances all around
>>
File: I Give Up.jpg (57KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
I Give Up.jpg
57KB, 919x720px
>>83071512
I thought RLM made some fair criticisms about it, but I don't get why they were so weary about ti that they couldn't even recommend it to people. like they recommend all these Marvel movies that are literally like the same movies copy and pasted. Sure maybe you find them fun, but there's nothing special about them. Alien: Covenant is hardly a revolutionary film, but compared to its contemporaries it stands out as something unique even if not by a lot. It's a gritty R rated sci-fi horror movie, something you don't see a lot of any more, it's far better made and more distinct visually than its contemporary blockbusters and it's at least trying something new with the series. But nah. Mike and Jay are just like "Uuuhhh but what's the black goo huhuhuh", and then they'll recommend the likes of Ant Man and Dr. Strange.
>>
>>83071842
It's called a neomorph, its in the credits you fucking pleb.
>>
File: 1495407945435s.jpg (2KB, 107x125px) Image search: [Google]
1495407945435s.jpg
2KB, 107x125px
>>83072177

>tfw I wanted to reach through reality into the movie and kill David when he revealed himself to Daniels in the end

She is so fucked in the sequel. I feel bad for her.
>>
>>83072086
Yeah I dont understand that, he had one of the best performances in the film.
Fassbender and McBride were the two best I think
>>83072142
It is very similar to the original alien, what the fuck are you talking about? Unless those are silly too
>>
>Hey Captain, I know you just called me the Devil, but follow me into this creepy basement
>These eggs are safe I promise dude
>Touch one dude
>Put your face really close to it I promise it's safe

James Franco wouldn't have done that
>>
>>83072225
the neomorph is the baluga looking alien
>>
>>83071729
That's fair. I get why you'd be disappointed that they didn't directly continue Prometheus' plot. I liked Prometheus and I was satisfied with the explanation they provided in Covenant myself, but it's obvious they put more Xeno in there just to appeal to the people who complained about the lack of it in Prometheus.
>>
>>83072180
Exactly. You can nitpick any movie and I feel that this movie had everything good Prometheus had going for it with less really jarring dumb decisions (other than the "have to go off to die alone" cliche) and it had themes you simply do not see touched in basically any other movie with a great atmosphere, acting and a magnificent score.

I really can't think of another movie that deals with such a neat concept, and there's a certain horror with the fate of Shaw and now how doomed that crew is to spend 7 years of experimentation with David.

fucking loved it
>>
>going to the shower to listen to music and fuck after most the crew just got wasted is just retarded.
>characters must always be rational and not prone to doing dumb shit
>>
>Weyland and David opening scene
>Daniels being a genuinely good character throughout
>All of Walter
>Good violence, like the back bursters
>David nuking the not-engineers
>David's lab
>David interacting with Walter
>Burn coal pay toll
>David putting Daniels in cryo, planting facehugger eggs in the embryos
I liked it too anon. I really want to know what'll happen when Covenant reaches Oragae 6.
>>
>>83072251
I understand this criticism but at the same time I can't blame the guy for taking a peak, even in that situation I'm not sure I'd expect something to come flying out of the egg to kill me.

They should've had him start backing up before the facehugger flew out of the egg though
>>
WEST VIRIGNIA,

MOUNTAIN MOMMAA
>>
gonna check it out on a comfy single screen theater in their matinee showing. not expecting much 2bqh
>>
>>83072345
How were they supposed to know a giant killer alien was just walking around the ship?

I'd try to fuck my wife in the shower too after listening to all the crazy shit that happened to other couples desu
>>
Anyone got any actual evidence that it's a xenomorph or protomorph? Like in the script or screenplay?
>>
>>83072272
The only other -morph mentioned in credits in xenomorph, so...
>>
>>83072180
>I thought RLM made some fair criticisms about it, but I don't get why they were so weary about ti that they couldn't even recommend it to people
They know their audience.
>>
>>83067015
Black and latina are different races you retarded ape.
>>
File: Space_jockey_behind_scenes.jpg (16KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
Space_jockey_behind_scenes.jpg
16KB, 448x252px
GIVE ME BACK MY GIANT ELEPHANT MAN RIDLEY
>>
Where can you find it online?
>>
File: arr.png (152KB, 347x372px) Image search: [Google]
arr.png
152KB, 347x372px
>>83072231
Just look at those eyes and that expression.
It looks like xeno's retarded little brother going "arr, i scare you"
>>
>>83072473
I dont have a hand in the argument you are in, i dont really care about the biomechanical elements being or not being there, just wanted to correct you
>>
Here's a general summary

The good
>Weyland & David scenes
>Daniels, Tennessee, Billy Crudup & Michael Fassbender are FANTASTIC
>Walter
>Intense sequences (first guy who gets exposed and dies)
>Walter & David
>David's lab and creepy ass shit
>The perfectly timed Prometheus scores
>The heady themes of creation and such
>David nuking the engineer cucks
>The subtle horror of what happened to Shaw & what will likely happen to the crew in the next 7 years :)
>The ending

The bad
>"going off alone away from the group to die" cliche
>Likely your expectations - since the marketing was weird and nobody really understood what exactly this movie was going into it.

fucking great/10
>>
File: Xenomorph.jpg (211KB, 1912x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Xenomorph.jpg
211KB, 1912x1032px
>>83072537
arr i scare you
>>
>>83072537
it's called a Xenomorph in the credits. it's a redesign.
>>
>>83072527
pls help me /tv/ i will post a rare /tv/ meme
>>
File: 1315718673421.jpg (333KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1315718673421.jpg
333KB, 960x1280px
>tfw in honor of shaw's kindness to david, he granted her wish to be a mother by turning her into the proto-queen for his perfect organisms
>>
In the RLM review Jay goes on about the alien is scary because it's unknown and now it's not scary in A:C because "oh its just david creation, or just some dumb pathogen great"

No faggot.

It's scary because it's a black disgusting creature that will murder you without reason, and faster than you can react to it.

really starting to hate RLM man, starting with their love for TFA/hate for Rogue 1
>>
>>83072647
Maybe it's just retarded one? Think about it. Arr
>>
File: 1469234855328.jpg (174KB, 1200x660px) Image search: [Google]
1469234855328.jpg
174KB, 1200x660px
Alien > Aliens > Alien: Covenant > Prometheus > Alien Resurrection > Alien 3

Fight me.
>>
>>83072803
I'd agree
>>
File: 1456497549168.jpg (200KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1456497549168.jpg
200KB, 1280x850px
Ok, which one of you fucks made this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXWpVzfZJdg

I know it's one of you because it has an ad for BLACKED in it.
>>
>>83072803
I'd switch Alien 3 with Resurrection otherwise this is great
>>
>>83072698
kek That's actually pretty accurate
>>
>>83072715
If the Alien isn't scary because it's David's creation, then why is Aliens vs Predator 2 still the scariest game ever made?
Are people really going to play the Marine campaign and think "Wow, these aliens jumping out of vents aren't scary ever since I learned David created them"?
>>
When all of reddit & youtube movie reviewers hate Alien: Covenant, you know it's good.

>>83072803

reasonable list desu. i'd move A:C up one
>>
>>83072803
Prometheus>=Resurrection>Aliens>Alien3>>Alien>AvP>=Covenant
>>
>>83072854
stop shilling your stuff here. reported and saged :)
>>
Prometheus and Covenant take the Alien lore too close to Starcraft for me
>>
>>83072854
prometheus makes a lot more sense with the deleted scenes
>>
>>83073050
and yet ridley said there will never be a director's cut
>>
File: 1432840082877.jpg (19KB, 478x571px) Image search: [Google]
1432840082877.jpg
19KB, 478x571px
>>83073109
d-dont remind me
>>
>>83072900
>>83072715

It's Jay's attempt at appearing smart

"The original movie. Alien. The whole thing is that it's - the whole reason its scary is that its about the fear of the unknown. The fear of something ALIEN. The movie has multiple - the title has multiple meanings. We don't know where it came from. Doesn't matter. That's what makes it creepy."

They're so fixated in the review about the origin of the alien when the movie is primarily about David and his quest for creation and purpose. It's almost like RLM are a buncha fucking plebs who don't know shit.
>>
>>83072950
welp, that's an opinion that you must expand
>>
>>83072950
>he doesnt rate avpr
>>
>forced faith element which was 100% irrelevant to this movie, unlike Prometheus where it was a driving force for the story
>generic spooky gruesome shower scene because alien plebs wanted more alien action !! xDD
>overused blow the alien out of the airlock at the end of the movie scene, again because of retarded fans and producers who pander to them
>no reason to care about the characters at all, and the only interesting interactions occurred between David and Walter, which unfortunately, imo, was the highlight of the movie.
>Shaw, the best part of Prometheus, dies off screen and doesn't appear in the movie
>Tennessee

The best part of the movie was the beginning up until the first sick guy was brought back to the medbay and starts going ape shit. This was the only moment in the movie with an ounce of tension.

The movie was aesthetically pleasing at most times, but I thought the bronze age candle lit atmosphere of the engineer city was out of place and boring as fuck.

Life was a way better sci-fi horror movie. Even though it was pretty generic, at least they fucking nailed it.
>>
>>83073275
nigger the faith element helps drive most of the captains decisions in the movie, did we watch the same film?
>>
>>83073335
nah nigga, the only time that shit came up was his decision to check out the closer planet
>>
>>83071171
It doesnt help that literally everyone recognizes the xenomorph now. They just arent scarey or mysterious anymore. They had something with the jockey, but then turned them into shorter bald albino space retards that get fucked in every movie.
>>
File: olQDZ7O.png (48KB, 1121x798px) Image search: [Google]
olQDZ7O.png
48KB, 1121x798px
>>83064816

>Be an overt christian
>Don't consume alcohol
>Entire crew is getting drunk
>Why can't they be more like Jesus?
>Go to cryosleep
>Dream of Jesus
>Get awoken prematurely
>Distress signal and captain dead
>Gotta act
>Do what Jesus would do
>Go save the people in distress
....2 hours later...
>WHAT THE FUCK is bursting out of me!?
>BLAHGHRHGHGHGGHGH!

MFW the only two survivors are alcoholics named Tennessee and Daniels.
>>
>>83073335
the captain was almost completely irrelevant to the movie, he could have been killed off as soon as they landed and it wouldn't have changed anything
>>
Was anyone else favorite part of the movie that awesome fight scene between David and Walter?
>>
>>83073450
ex DEEEEE
>>
>>83073443
Nah, the captain is the only one who doesn't consume alcohol and the Alien he births kills everyone but Daniels and Tennessee.

Remember kids, drink your whiskey, it prevents death by xenomorph.
>>
>>83073376
no i think it played into him being a stubborn bastard the whole time
>>83073443
thts every character in the film aside from 3 or 4
>>
>>83073477
>>83073450
i dont really think it was that bad, why wouldnt they be able to fight?
>>
>>83073450
no, the best part of the movie was when they were kissing
>>
>>83064816
If I wanted a movie about gay robots I would have asked for one.
>>
>>83073571
I'll do the fingering
>>
>>83073273
Unratable.
>>
Any meaning to the whole "I SAW THE DEVIL WHEN I WAS A KID, AND I HAVENT FORGOTTEN" bit?

and why did he follow a suspicious robot into the basement and look at the eggs?
>>
>>83073450
Reminded me of the movie The One.
>>
>>83073757
Billy Crudup was fantastic and I wish they fleshed out more of his character and his faith vs David

He knew David was the fucking devil but he still second guessed himself and made the wrong decision and trusted him to follow and try and understand
>>
>>83073869
>>83073757
Probably because he didn't think he would do anything wrong since it would've been against what he was programmed for, and wouldnt think the robot would try to cause any harm
>>
got chills when they played the prometheus theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzI3AdpA9e4
>>
>>83067253

It was also the song for the Engineer ships command console, no?
>>
>>83073450

Best scene in the movie was David tossing pebbles at the captain like "just pop out already".
>>
>>83074065
i really loved the music in this film, i hope they continue using this theme at least. it is so good.
>>
>>83073385
>Captain's favorite drink is Jack Daniel's
>His wife is called Daniels
>>
>>83074583
FUCKING POTTERY

BRAVO
>>
File: 1495496470928.jpg (260KB, 1912x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1495496470928.jpg
260KB, 1912x1032px
>>83072633

I fixed it
>>
>>83074583
>TENNESSEE WHISKEY

Fuck
>>
File: 1470081771205.jpg (913KB, 1500x1926px) Image search: [Google]
1470081771205.jpg
913KB, 1500x1926px
>>83064816
Alien > Aliens > Covenant > Alien 3 > Prometheus
> Resurrection
>>
>>83074711
k-kawaii, Xeno-kun!
>>
>>83074869
you like 3 more than prometheus? any reason why?
>>
>>83074919
better writing and dialogue, and better side characters imo
>>
>>83074933

better characters and dialog yes, but at least prometheus tried something new, a3 was so fucking safe and basically just the first movie but not in space and worse.
>>
if they have androids as advanced as walter and david, why do they need human colonists in generation 1?

just send the droids down to get everything ready for the realtors
>>
>>83075103
Prometheus didn't try anything new, literally just a different face for the same roles in alien
>>
>>83075186
The Androids are probably a package of narrow but strong AI programs. Humans are needed to fill in the gaps.
>>
>>83074583
Make your dreams come true
>>
>>83075186
david was a prototype, and after him androids had their ability to create removed because it fucked them up, they wouldnt be able to start a colony
>>
>>83072030
The credits for the movie use the term protomorph
>>
>>83066989
He's bitching about tfw no bf :_:.
>>
File: 1454853073590.png (7KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1454853073590.png
7KB, 224x225px
The white neomorph thing was hot though
>>
>>83076393
why didnt david fuck it?
>>
>>83064816

At least let us have peace until next weekend shill.
>>
>>83076649
fuck off propaganda fag
>>
>>83076649
So anyone who claims they enjoyed it is a shill huh?
>>
>>83076615
He didn't get a chance. Why do you think he was so pissed when the captain shot it?
>>
>>83067124

Point is, pretty much everyone was married and the cam made sure you saw both hands with wedding bands in them. I didn't see an issue.
>>
File: pepe laugh.jpg (20KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
pepe laugh.jpg
20KB, 258x245px
>>83076393
>>83077461
I fucking hate this place
>>
File: Engineer (3).jpg (375KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
Engineer (3).jpg
375KB, 1024x681px
>>83064816
So, are the beings that David murders with the jars like the Untouchables of the Engineers' race? Why did they look deformed compared to the Engineers? Did the Engineers in Prometheus abandon that planet with the goo because they didn't want to destroy themselves? The whole thing is very vague, but not in a well-written way.
>>
it was good, but i was hoping the world building would be a little more creative.
i liked exploring the alien hive and all the human technology in the original films.
this was very generic, sci-fi monsters and spaceships.
>>
File: meme.jpg (428KB, 1920x1023px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
428KB, 1920x1023px
Not a one of you saw this in the flick, did you?
>>
>>83068395

Yeah but according to that you're not supposed to bat an eye because literally who gives a fuck if latins and blacks get together
>>
>>83068767

How was he repping, i missed that
>>
>>83070405

I'm with him>>83072086

It was nice to see Danny not so comedic. I was expecting more relief from his end.
>>
>Tennessee is the protagonist of the next pre-sequel
>wakes up to a ship full of ayylmaos
>survives and crashes David's party
>gets picked up by Weyland-Yutani in the end
>>
>>83072229

I missed the last message but I am pretty sure the last log mentioned that Daniels and Tennesse ended up dead while everyone else are still intact..

If I was wrong then hey, maybe there's still hope?
>>
>>83070868

Why do we need another movie about Shaw? To explain what? Two hours of her creating the perfect dildo for David just before they hit the planet?
>>
I mean i enjoyed it, i thought it was a pretty good movie. Thought the ending was pretty predictable but well executed, im a sucker for the good guys winning but i cant say i was disappointed by how it ended.
>>
>>83073492

Nah. The morph that popped out of gay guy no 2 claimed the last three to die.
>>
>>83077779
They are probably on the pathway humans were intended to be on before we demonstrated our unworthiness by killing space Jesus, the engineer sent to get us back on track. On the whole they are like a overly complicated von Neumann probe species.
>>
>>83065365

What the fuck is those cartoon physics shit. Jesus christ how the mighty have fallen.
>>
Alien covenant is my new favorite Alien movie, the previous being Aliens.

Don't give a shit what any of you say. David was fucking amazingly well-written and the entire scene of his home being explored was fucking amazing. I really wish it went way more in depth with pictures, showing all the hybrids, all the creatures that were native to the planet, etc.
>>
>>83078618

Me too, but I saw it coming the moment they cut away just as he was going for the knife.
>>
Did none of you appreciate the homage to Roy Batty in the David/other-Ripley struggle?

>In Blade Runner's climactic sequence, Roy Batty taunts his human prey: "That's the spirit!", eventually being impaled by a nail

>David is impaled by a nail, goading his prey: that's the spirit!"

Obviously the flick contains tons of other nods/cribs from Alien but this BR thing stood out.
>>
>>83078618
I'd also like to say Danny McBride killing a non comedy role was fucking beautiful.
>>
>>83079000
>David was fucking amazingly well-written

hahaha
>>
What's with all the shilling in this thread? Did this just come out in America or something?
>>
>>83079175
>Expecting 20-something to know or recognize anything and all they want is MY ALIUMSSS!!!
>>
>>83079000
I agree. I actually like the Merry Shelly's Frankenstein direction more than the original cosmic horror space parasite one.
>>
>move is called Alien
>focuses on a crazy robot

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>83079286

>discussing things we liked and disliked about new movie on /tv/ is shilling
>>
>>83079379
Its Serbian Doublejew Bluff
>>
>>83079286
Can you kindly explain how one can discuss a movie in any aspect and not be accused of shilling? I think if you can break it down for us we can petition the mods for a sticky with proper instructions on how to have a movie conversation, based entirely on your expert wisdom.
>>
>>83079379
Ridley wanted a sequel to Prometheus but also wanted to appease the people who pissed and moaned there wasn't an Alien in Prometheus, so he compromised and ended up pleasing neither camp

honestly I thought Covenant was pretty good until the actual Alien showed up, then it just became routine slasher movie shit
>>
>>83077867
Hey! Where is this in the flick?
>>
File: 1477875735295.jpg (91KB, 981x977px) Image search: [Google]
1477875735295.jpg
91KB, 981x977px
WHY THE FUCK DID DAVID TRY TO KISS HIS BROTHER!?
>>
>>83079782
Family kissing each other on the lips in a non-sexual way is a very common thing in places outside of America.
>>
>>83079584
Prometheus was great until people started to due as well.
>>
>>83079349

The very visual and thematic space of David conducting his various prey around his laboratory do a decent job of suggesting Frankenstein's laboratory. I just knew when then went down that side-stone staircase that things were going south, though that's obviously no big mental leap.

I am charitable enough to believe that the writers made the "Shelly" namedrop to get people like me and >>83079349 looking things up. The Ozymandias poem is due not to Mary (Frankenstein) but to husband Percy. Still the Frankenstein stuff is obvious around the same point in the flick.

The context of the "Shelly" namedrop in-film is also obviously meant to recall the popular mind to Frankenstein etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Bysshe_Shelley
>>
>>83066252
His left arm was broken off in a completely different place. It is most certainly not Walter's body.
>>
>>83066603
>I let /pol/ dictate all areas of my life
nice
>>
File: 1479720475570.jpg (52KB, 462x541px) Image search: [Google]
1479720475570.jpg
52KB, 462x541px
>>83064816
The xenomorph has essentially been ruined. I was never scared at any point of the alien in this movie and I'm afraid I'll never be able to take it seriously anymore. The cgi monster in this movie is nowhere near as scary as the puppets and suits from the first movie.
That being said, Michael Fassbender was great, but the whole story was predictable as fuck. Everyone saw him impersonating Walter coming from a mile away.
Hang up the old hat thing, Ridley, you're finished.
>>
File: 1476965856235.jpg (80KB, 1091x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476965856235.jpg
80KB, 1091x1080px
>>83079839
grown men don't close their eyes, tilt their head and have a lingering kiss with other grown men in ANY country unless they're homersexual
>>
>>83079725

It's a brief shot about halfway through but the tilt of the tall trees, framed by rock, is absolutey unmistakable.

It's around the time that the team has hunkered down inside David's palace and we get the flashback of the bomb-drop, where things are ramping up, basically.

The image is Bocklin's "Isle of the Dead", which has obvious significance for the doomed crew and the various Engineer corpses strewn about. This image was the basis for the original Derelict spacraft itself, and was a popular Germanic image, even being beloved by Hitler. The confluence of this imagery together with the namedropping of Wagner (also Germanic, navi fave) and the new eugenics stuff do put an interesting spin on things, though the crew in this one were just as stupid and forgettable as the one on Prometheus

Other, more serious, viewers of the film saw the same thing that I saw (a New Yorker review, for one).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_the_Dead_(painting)
>>
>>83070537
you're right about people being stupid, but if Kane hadn't shoved his face into an egg opening like a delicious pussy N/B/C weapon, we wouldn't have a franchise, so it's become a meme at this point (or, ridley is so busy composing his masterful web of simbolism, mythology or literature that he forgets sometimes to make people act logically because they have to do stupid things due to hubris or <insert mythological/literary reference here>).

The point is no Alien movie was ever without it's flaws, but people tend to forgive the original ones due to them having become embedded and influenced modern culture/movies
>>
>>83080018
>That being said, Michael Fassbender was great, but the whole story was predictable as fuck. Everyone saw him impersonating Walter coming from a mile away.
It wasn't supposed to be a twist, you retarded autist. The Neo-morphs are way more terrifying by nature alone. They're not little shits like slyly wait for pray and skulk around like spiders. Neomorphs are literally, "I will fucking kill you. I will stop at nothing to fucking rip and tear you apart. Not even my own death will stop me from wanting to kill you." Stop being stuck in the past. The protomorph being in the movie at all was annoying, but it's because of people like you that Ridley felt obligated to add it.
>>
>>83079907
>Frankenstein and the Horrors of Competitive Exclusion
I think this paper captures both the engineers actions and the true horror David represents. Also, in the 70's it seemed like we were on the edge of venturing further into space and that made for great horror because their was an element of reality to our fear of the unknown. Since our species has revealed itself to be planetary homebodies our horror is more introverted and the threat of AI looms larger.
>>
>>83080203

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ridley had Nottingham lace used again on the prop, he was always rather proud of that (that seems to have been his personal innovation, though he's stretched things in various accounts before).

It really did look like the same stuff in at least one shot.
>>
>>83080232
I don't see how the neos would be superior to xenos though.
>>
>>83080302
They're not. /jp/-kun thought the Xenomorphs were somehow, "more scary" than Neomorphs. Xenomorphs are the ultimate form and the endgoal for David, but them being the ultimate version does not make them more scary in any way.
>>
>>83078314

no he said that daniels and Tennessee are alive and everyone else died from the nutreno blast in the beginning of the movie.

honestly not sure why walter said any of the crew lived.
>>
>>83066911
Stop attacking my safe space
>>
File: 1471194216203.gif (3MB, 800x352px) Image search: [Google]
1471194216203.gif
3MB, 800x352px
>>83080232
>muh twist wasn't actually a twist even though it actually was
Yeah, nah. You can't just set it up like a twist and then when everyone calls it from a mile away, just say it isn't. It was obviously meant to be a surprise for the popcorn-eating normies.
And no the quasi-aliens are nowhere near as scary as the alien in the first movie. The mystery of the alien, combined with how little you see of it, using it sparingly instead of constantly throwing it at the screen, is a lot more effective. And CGI will never look as real as something that is actually there, like a suit or a puppet. The chestbursters in particular in Covenant looked awful.
>>
File: 3235235235235.jpg (79KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
3235235235235.jpg
79KB, 500x333px
>>83079286

>If I dislike a movie then everyone must dislike it

People on /tv/ truly are autistic
>>
>>83080188

Different person than the one you replied to, but damn good find anon. Definitely remember thinking that David's temple looked oddly familiar but I couldn't place it. The trees really stood out, it's definitely a reference to that painting.
>>
>>83080498
>Muh mystery
>Muh fear of the UNKNOWN.
Terrible. Also, no, it wasn't a twist. We as viewers are omniscient, thus we are able to tell directly when something will happen or immediately happen. The end revealed David as Walter because the reveal was for Daniels, NOT the audience.
>>
I never feared the alien, but the xenomorph in this was truly terrifying.

It seemed faster and more vicious.
>>
>>83080596

I fully expected it to be David in the end, but I will admit I was partially convinced that it was Walter because of how he helped Daniels and Tennessee kill both aliens.

Now it makes sense thinking back that David wanted to get the colonists for more experiments.
>>
>>83080604
Because it's not a xenomorph. It's a protomorph. Basically, the further back in the evolution line, the more viscous and animalistic behavior they display, which is exactly why the Neomorph is by far the scariest.
>>
>>83067529
That's what i did and i got a big ass middle finger in my face. Fuck this movie
>>
>>83080652
They didn't even try to hide it. There was no reason for Walter to have scars and flesh removed from him when it was ALREADY FUCKING shown that Walter had incredibly fast regenerative powers. These "clues" were for the remaining crew members to discoer, and because none of them did, it comes as a "twist" for them. This "Twist" was not intended for the audience.
>>
>>83080389
I'm pretty sure it's just novelty. The neomorphs' deformed body and tiny anus mouth is comedic, not scary.
>>
>>83067599
How? The scene where David first lands on the planet basically shits all over Prometheus. Shaw dies before the movie even starts. Its fucking lame
>>
File: IMG_3131.jpg (40KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3131.jpg
40KB, 1024x576px
>mfw brainlets are mad David was the focus of the movie and not muh xenos

Alien Awakening: Walter's Revenge is gonna be such kino
>>
>>83080693

I'm a totally different person and have not called it a twist.

To be honest, I didn't even think about the scars at the time Daniels was fixing David's face.
>>
>>83080761
>Alien Awakening: Walter's Revenge
I think you mean Alien Awakening: Aliens Revenge.
David was clearly shocked when the protomorph was intelligent enough to knock out the security camera. David thinks he is indestructible because he is their creator and God, though much like how he himself usurped his creators, the Xenomorphs will do the same to him.
>>
>>83080693
It's like Prometheus all over again. "I'm too stupid so it's a bad movie."
His skin didn't regenerate that fast. It was only an internal mechanism so his body can keep functioning.
>>
File: 1476067075044s.jpg (5KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1476067075044s.jpg
5KB, 250x242px
>>83080596
>he can't understand that fear of the unknown is the ultimate fear
I guess CGI jumpscares and bloodspurts are more your thing then.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJymx3UjWLo
>>
>>83080932
>H-hey man what's behind that dark corner?
>I-i-i-it could be ANYTHING.
>>
On the xenomorph debate. Not sure id it has been posted but the credits literally read xenomorph. It was the first credit behind the actor credits

So anyway, that settles that.
>>
>>83080498
It's the same situation with Silent Hill (or any other succesful horror franchise). The flow of people, incapable of being scared, if they can't see a big ugly man with a stick, trying to hit them with it. Wow, a big CGI shit fills the whole screen, so scary, best movie ever!
>>
Prometheus > Covenant
I liked both
>>
>>83067068
Resurrection didn't have the original director, so it's fair to say there's 0 hope now.
>>
>>83064816
Well, i didn't think it was bad, but is was mediocre, pretty much the same plot they have been doing since alien over and over again, but not done in an unique enough way, the David parts were interesting but they clash with the rest of the movie.
>>
File: 1471300669002.jpg (54KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1471300669002.jpg
54KB, 640x625px
>>83080960
>being so simple that you can't comprehend the fear of the alien and unknown
>only being able to generate a reaction when something makes a lot of noise and appears suddenly in front of the camera
How's that room temperature IQ, bro?
>>
>>83081148
Agreed, Covenant was fun but it was clear that Ridley had to tone down his plans because plebs and Alien franchise """""fans""""" bitched about it being 2deep4them.
>>
File: 1418731581967.jpg (86KB, 785x587px) Image search: [Google]
1418731581967.jpg
86KB, 785x587px
>>83081060
It's a symptom of the ADHD, video game generation we live in. The kids can't register any sort of reaction unless something is big, dumb and blunt. Subtlety in anything, especially horror, just flies over their heads. Suspense-based horror has been replaced with jumpscares.
>>
>>83064816
You're paid to say that though, so I don't believe you.
>>
>>83071512
RLM's complaints were super shallow and unsatisfying, they really don't make justice to how well executed so many different things are in the movie, how it creates horror of many different types, excellent action, has fun with it (android martial art fight, makes memes out of space axes and sticking your face where you shouldn't), fixes it's prequel, has likeable characters for the first time in the fucking franchise, keeps your heart pounding throughout ("no tension" the RLM fucking idiot said over and over, it was pretty tense you pretensious douche, i don't get why mike doesn't shread you a new one since he obviously liked the movie despite its flaws)
>>
>>83072537
Looks exactly like billy crudup
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.