[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest opinions on this show. Please no memes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: ramsignedmailer.jpg (103KB, 350x506px) Image search: [Google]
ramsignedmailer.jpg
103KB, 350x506px
Honest opinions on this show. Please no memes
>>
>>83062955
Tries too hard
>>
While I'm sure the DUDE SCIENCE and DUDE ATHEISM thing are very minor and not pivotal at all to the characters, 4chan continues to hate it so i will continue to hate it
>>
>>83062955
only really needed 1 season
>>
Love it

Honestly don't know why this board hates it but i guess its because apparently reddit loves it so then it must be shit. But it really isn't
>>
>>83062986
How closed minded of both of you. For shame *BURP*
>>
s1 has potential, then it turns to trash
>>
Decent, but I've seen better animated adult swim shows
>>
I'll watch it, but I agree it can be cringy at times.
>>
File: ATHFmainv2.png (50KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
ATHFmainv2.png
50KB, 250x141px
>>83063124
>but I've seen better animated adult swim shows

a show doesn't need good animation to be good
>>
>>83062955
its annoying. if you combined rick and mortys stuttering over a whole episode it would probably fill up 5 minutes alone. also there should have been way less emphasis on the rest of the family because they're all boring and just used for some shoehorned emotional bullshit. overall show averages a 4/10 with a few good 7-8/10 episodes
>>
>>83062955
It's entertaining. Occasionally has an actually funny joke, but anyone who thinks it's at all deep or on par with something like Golden Age Simpsons is delusional.
>>
>>83063089
ur projecting. Nobody here thinks that way about movies. besides, the board doesn't even hate this show
>>
>>83062955

It's entertaining enough, but the imdb rating is absolutely ridiculous. Looks really cool and colorful. Tries a bit too hard some times and a few episodes are downright shitty. A solid 7/10.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14KB, 480x360px
i like theooooooooooooo ya see. i'm positivity cosby
>>
>>83063219
Definitely. Rereading my comment, I worded it kind of wrong. I meant that I've seen better cartoons from AS
>>
File: dilbert-2.jpg (53KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
dilbert-2.jpg
53KB, 720x576px
I wish Dilbert had a third season instead of this junk
>>
>>83063426
Me too
>>
>>83063280
I concur with this statement 100%
>>
>>83062955
It can be very funny, but it has an aura of nihilistic elitism which drags it down (DUDE GOD LMAO).
>>
>>83062955
its ok, reddit praising it as the best show ever is retarded though
>>
I don't like the stutter.
>>
Nothing special, not funny at all and the "random" humour quickly becomes predictable and boring.

I guess it's ok if you are in middle school and think burping is fun and cussing is cool.
>>
Have you guys seen Roiland's test-run type shorts before Rick and Morty came to be?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcMFHRXp8xM
>>
it's literally Ribbit: the show
>>
I like it. Burp vomit thing is gross though
>>
I saw about half of an episode once. It wasn't terrible. I don't think I can get past its association with the downfall of Adult Swim though. Anime night had become Cartoon Network Rerun night and it wasn't long afterwards that Aqua Teen Hunger Force was cancelled purely out of Lazzo's spite for early Adult Swim. Now on top of that I have people whining and pickelspamming about it all the time.
>>
I like it, but it has a lot of filler episodes and ridiculous nonsense shoe horned in from time to time. Nonetheless, I think it's a good show that has potential.

When they actually deal with intriguing themes, then it's actually a worthwhile show. Also, I'm curious about Rick's past and if Morty will become like Rick later on.
>>
Rick and Morty is pretty good but in a few years will be viewed similarly to how people now view Family Guy.
When I say pretty good I mean it has some decent jokes and some nice high-fantasy worldbuilding whilst also packing in social commentary (which you may hate for because you disagree with the commentary or due to how self-aware the characters can be).
It's not the groundbreaking show Reddit makes it out to be - and it's fans are fucking awful but if you're looking for something funny and lighthearted that runs for 20 minutes - watch Arrested Development instead.
>>
>Horrible aestheic and artstyle
>Characters stutter and burp as if its supposed to be funny
>MORTY
>but Rick
>writing isnt particularly funny most of the time, although something funny sneaks in once and a while
>boring secondary characters
Pretty shitty show desu senpai
>>
They sometimes come up with a cool idea and manage to execute it well but they also come up with cool ideas that they absolutely miss the mark on or waste with uninteresting development or forced "DUDE, INFINITE POSSIBILITIES, LMAO"
>>
R
>>
E
>>
D
>>
D
>>
I
>>
T
>>
>>83064657
I'd agree with this, even though I like it. I'm hoping the show doesn't Flanderise the characters any more but I kinda doubt it.
>>
>>83062955
cringey, try-hard, unfunny reddit-tier pleb trash
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.