[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: It-Follows-Movie-Poster.jpg (430KB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
It-Follows-Movie-Poster.jpg
430KB, 1000x1426px
I was honestly disappointed. My two least favorite scenes:
>When she and her friends are hiding out by that beach house and instead of instantly killing Jay, it plays with her fucking hair.
>The entire climax is a let-down and the solution to the problem is just shooting it in the head in a pool. I know there's an ambiguous ending but still.
Still a really good horror by today's standards but I felt like they wasted the concept a bit.
>>
>>83061079
I enjoyed it familia, I think the ending was weak, but for most part I don't think any horror movie has a good ending.
>>
>>83061079
It deliberately avoided killing her for a reason, and shooting it did not kill it

Do people here unironically watch movies at 2x speed or something
>>
>>83061079
What happens when you rape "it"?
>>
It survived didn't it? I thought that thing which was walking behind them was it at the end.
>>
>>83061079
>instantly killing Jay, it plays with her fucking hair

It pins it chosen victims down and seems to drain their lifeforce whilst having sex with them or mimicking sex, so why wouldn't it grab her hair.
>>
I like when they put the benis in the bagina
>>
Anyone else get so fucking turned on when the mum had sex with the son? Had to stop to have a wank for 10 mins. Those tits hmmmm
>>
File: screenshot-59.png (408KB, 1366x578px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-59.png
408KB, 1366x578px
>>83061794
>>
I liked it a lot. I can't remember what they were but throughout the film it kept raising questions for me about certain plot points. Not really plot holes just stuff that I wondered about
>>
>>83062035

I didn't see any plot holes, or even questions, if anyone else thinks they have spotted one post it here

It didn't come after the Chad when she was in hospital because it was implied he'd had sex with someone since

Saying "prove it's existence to the police" isn't an answer as cops would respond with confusion and disbelief to an invisible monster. The result would probably be the creature killing/incapacitating them (it attacks people obstructing it's path to it's target when it has to)

Imprisoning it somewhere isn't an answer either, where do you know that's incredibly private and has doors and walls that can't be destroyed by a creature with super-strength? What happens a few days later when the cops turn up to investigate the constant banging?

The protag and her friends are teens not the A-Team, they'd probably kill themselves trying to run it over with a truck, blow it up, set it on fire, cave in a building on it etc
>>
>>83061079
outstanding cinematography, no wonder Shyamalan snatched the DP for Split
>>
>>83061079

bump because I liked it and would like to talk about it a bit more.
>>
Honestly, I enjoyed it a great deal. One of the better horror films of the 2010s.
>>
The moment when the giant guy comes up behind her friend at the door is fucking horrifying.
>>
>>83061079

So now that the thread is bumped, I honestly think the flick is a 7.5/10 horror thriller. Pretty good, not brilliant, but not shit either as /tv/ felt obliged to box it because of all the hype around its release.

Now that the dust has REALLY settled (the dust has almost never actually settled when a /tv/ user says it has), it's possible to have an honest discussion. The film rewards repeat viewings because certain apparitions/characters who are out of context as "It" make sense when seen again. As one important example, the naked woman who first appears to the protagonist, and who we never get a really close look at, later turns out to be the dick boyfriend's mom. This explains why the heroine recoils slightly when the door is answered by this woman that she has seen once before, in a more disturbing context. This is borne out by the "cast by order of appearance" of the ending credits as well. Other related things are the creepy little neighbor boy, and the (I'm pretty sure of this) re-appearance of the original victim for one shot during the beach shed sequence. I also like how the house that the original victim emerges from bears an address of "1492". I interpret this, together with the aquatic themes, as a suggestion that the creature itself is somehow a leftover grudge from massacred Indians or similar, a trope which has obviously been used at multiple points already.
>>
>>83062382
>Imprisoning it somewhere isn't an answer either, where do you know that's incredibly private and has doors and walls that can't be destroyed by a creature with super-strength? What happens a few days later when the cops turn up to investigate the constant banging?

was this actually suggested by anyone? that's ridiculously stupid...I just kind of assumed that "It" was more or less a spirit that kind of invaded a host body, so if you trapped it it would just jump to another body?
>>
>>83061920
It's up to you, but that's the message of the ending, they'll always be looking over their shoulders because they can never be sure.
>>
It was mostly fun to watch. I remember the music being weirdly good.
>>
GOTY
>>
>>83062024
Is that fake?
>>
>>83064395

I have never seen a more reddit post

Is your name bobby roberts
>>
>>83064959
Honestly this. But I suppose it makes a change
>>
>>83064959

I've been using 4chan on a regular basis since early 2004 and I've spent less than six lifetime hours using reddit. I want under-25s who peg my posts as reddit for no other reason than the line breaks to die violently.
>>
>>83065414

Shut up Bobby
>>
>>83064959
>he says with his reddit spacing
>>
File: SWEET JESUS.png (184KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
SWEET JESUS.png
184KB, 620x350px
Things that pulled the movie down for me
1. The beach scene, in particular the "jump scare" with the hissing rat-faced child when it didn't do that before at all.
2. The pool scene, and everything about it.
Best moment, however...
>>
>>83061948
The first victim girl's legs were all broken and twisted tho. That's some rough rape/drain, bruh.
>>
>>83064843
No, that's the entity looking like the guy's mom.
>>
>>83065820
i agree the ratfaced child thing was retarded. what was wrong with the pool scene though? They obviously didnt really kill it.
>>
File: 1431489817572.jpg (625KB, 1280x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1431489817572.jpg
625KB, 1280x1520px
>>83061079
My fav american horror film from the past few years for sure. The metaphor was simple but so good. If you didnt like the ending you should rewatch for metaphor strength OP.
>>
It's overhyped garbage. It only scares Americans because you think sex is something naughty and shameful and scary.
>>
File: 1429050349811.jpg (49KB, 383x458px) Image search: [Google]
1429050349811.jpg
49KB, 383x458px
>>83067493
>still thinking it was about sex
yeah ok...
>>
>>83061425

we can be literally "discussing" movies with 12 year olds here. You never know.
>>
>>83064363
Only moment I can remember spooking me.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.