[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DARK UNIVERSE Announced; Johnny Depp As Invisible Man, Javier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: 151319.jpg.png (189KB, 534x360px) Image search: [Google]
151319.jpg.png
189KB, 534x360px
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/horror/dark-universe-announced-johnny-depp-as-the-invisible-man-javier-bardem-as-frankensteins-monster-confirmed-a151319

what happens when The Mummy flops?
>>
Kino confirmed

at least we'll have some grown men in this shared universe
>>
Hadn't they announced this ages ago?
>>
>>83060042
only rumours, this is an official thing now
>>
>>83059824
>Implying Tom could flop
>>
>>83060895
opening weekend projections are looking weak
>>
>>83060895
>Implying Tom could flop
It's tracking at a $40mil opening with a $125mil budget. That's what Alien: Covenant is doing right now and is considered bombing, but that movie has a $97mil budget.
>>
So it's just a bunch of monsters and tom cruise? What happened with that dracula movie?
>>
>40mil opening for The Mummy reboot

Dark Universe aint happening.
>>
>>83061134
that flopped so Universal decided its not part of the Monster Universe
>>
Johnny Depp is clearly visible in that image.
>>
>>83059824
Fucking hell how did Depp get himself unJUSTED so quick with his looks
>>
>>83061298
It's all makeup
>>
>>83059824
same thing they did when Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad bombed

keep going and pray things improve
>>
Aren't the Universal Monster movies suspenseful and really atmospheric? The Mummy looks like a generic action movie. If that's what they're going for, count me disinterested.
>>
>>83061755
>same thing they did when Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad bombed

>people still think either movie bombed when both turned profits according to actual industry people and numbers. Suicide Squad was also in the top 5 most profitable movies of the summer.
>>
>>83061755
>Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad bombed
Right...
>>
So it's just edgy League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?
>>
>Dracula Untold will start the Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe
>it bombs
>pretend it never happened
>I, Frankenstein will start the Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe
>it bombs
>pretend it never happened
>The Mummy will start the Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe, which has been renamed Dark Universe because that's definitely not an incredibly generic title to use

gee I wonder what will happen this time
>>
>>83059824
Why are all the male leads really old men? Do they want this franchise to last 5 years max or something?
>>
>>83061876
um I, Frankenstein was never part of this. Its not even the same studio
>>
>>83061928
Also it was fucking sweet
>>
>>83061755
According to financial analysts Suicide Squad was a bettet investment than Civil War though (and cucked the shit out of Doctor Strange)
>>
File: YooniqImages_102380824.jpg (130KB, 700x479px) Image search: [Google]
YooniqImages_102380824.jpg
130KB, 700x479px
>>83059824
>>
>>83062233
>mfw Sean Connery picked this over Lord of the Rings and the only thing he's acted in since was that fucking fever dream of a Scottish animated film that looked like Veggie Tales
>>
>>83062321
>Sean Connery picked this over Lord of the Rings

no way
>>
>>83059824
I thought this was in the same universe as that Dracula movie with Legolas.

Did he not make the team or is one of them Van Helsing?
>>
>>83062321
Did his agent not inform him how fucking popular Lord of the Rings is?
>>
>>83062413
The senile old retard said he didn't understand it.
>>
>>83062413
>Brian Warner of Celebritynetworth.com says, “Even a veteran star like Sean can make a mistake so big that it causes him to lose out on a mind-blowing amount of money. In order to convince Connery to sign on to the film, the producers pulled out all the stops.

>“In addition to a $10 million (£6 million) per film salary, they offered Connery 15 per cent of the box office for all three movies. In what would turn out to be a monumentally poor decision, Connery declined the part because he “did not understand the script”.

>Connery said of the part, “I never understood it. I read the book. I read the script. I saw the movie. I still don’t understand it. Ian McKellen, I believe, is marvellous in it.”

So in hindsight, Sean Connery lost $450m refusing Gandalf role.
>>
>>83061842
>current year
>expecting anything but [franchise] + Marvel universe formula
>>
File: Time To End It.gif (3MB, 293x361px) Image search: [Google]
Time To End It.gif
3MB, 293x361px
>>83062631
>>
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/05/19/wonder-woman-the-mummy-and-the-trouble-with-box-office-tracking/#105bd4f919ec

For the retards on here who think they can talk box office.

$40 is just fine domestically for a relatively cheap blockbuster sandwiched in a packed summer. It'll have leg room like a lot of Cruise-kinos and no doubt make plenty overseas especially in China/Japan where Cruise is King Dick.
>>
>>83062631
he was clearly already senile by this point
>>
>>83059824
same thing as when the Wolfman and Dracula flopped
start over again
>>
>>83062711
So much this. Overseas they love Tom.

I honestly would love to see what a day in the life of Tom Cruise is like. Dude is fucking loaded, has a whole religion behind him, STILL works hard as fuck on set and never phones it in, and seems to age at 1/5 normal rate.

I like the guy. Mummy does look a bit shit though.
>>
>>83062849

Eh. I think Mummy looks really fun but I say that only because Crowe and Cruise look like they're having a really hammy blast as these characters.
If this starred anyone else though, I wouldn't be too interested.

But yeah, Cruise is the last of the consistently hard working Hollywood stars and seems to generally love what he does
>>
yawn. proving yet again there are no original ideas left in hollywood.
>>
>>83062849
I think he must have performed some sort of ritual that sacrificed some of his height for success. I would like to know how to perform this.
>>
File: 1488339620679.jpg (46KB, 470x626px) Image search: [Google]
1488339620679.jpg
46KB, 470x626px
>>83059824
The worst part is that this could actually be good if they did it right, but they're basically fucking it up right off the bat with The Mummy.

The whole thing they're doing where Dr. Jekyll owns a corporation that "investigates evil" or whatever the hell it is is kind of interesting but no ones going to give a shit about it because they're just kind of throwing it into The Mummy. They should've started with something like Dracula and have it be set in the 50s or 60s and that could be the origin of Jekylls company so they show why something like that is necessary. Could also be an origin story of Jekyll/Hyde.

I'm not sure how they don't get that the universal monsters aren't fucking Marvel characters...people aren't going to get hyped simply by seeing these characters on screen. You've gotta give them a reason to care about the world, so they need to start worldbuilding from scratch, which is kind of the opposite of what the MCU did (basically here's a bunch of of the characters you know & love on screen for the first time, now lets weave their stories together).

I'm kind of annoyed by how much of a bungle this is right from the start.
>>
>>83061875
No, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is far edgier than this will be.
>>
>>83063756
How was LoEG edgy at all?

It might be the comfiest movie ever that included an invisible man who wasn't a rapist
>>
>>83059824
>Johnny Depp

Annnnnnd dropped!
>>
>>83061298
His career isn't
>>
File: thedudeisconfused.gif (123KB, 496x279px) Image search: [Google]
thedudeisconfused.gif
123KB, 496x279px
>>83063309
>Cruise is the last of the consistently hard working Hollywood star

I agree with this 100%. I don't care what people say he is A list and always will be.
>>83063538
Does he go overboard with the lifts like RDJ on the red carpet? I know the females in his movies always have to be shorter than him, but that is just hollywood. Wonder if his height bothers him.

One thing I always notice is that he appears pretty natty as far as his body composition. Most movie stars just roid it up but Tom appears to just work hard.

>>83063824
Why u no like Depp? Imagine spending a weekend with him on his island snorkeling and doing drugs while spending $30k on wine.
>>
>>83063591
You're forgetting that they already fucked it up with the false start that was Dracula Untold. Universal keeps putting out movies they say are going to start a monster movieverse and going haha just kidding the next one starts it when it flops
>>
>>83062788
No he wasn't. He just wasn't interested in committing to a single role for years again..
>>
>>83063808
>invisible man who wasn't a rapist
That's why it sucked, I can only suspend my disbelief so far.
>>
>>83063853
Depp plays the same type of characters in every movie he's in. He has no real range and seems to ruin promising films once he's attached. His career is so in the shitter that he's going to be doing Pirates movies for as long as he can.
>>
>>83064045
He was a rapist in the comic. I think that anon knew that.

He also later gets raped to death by Mr. Hyde.
>>
>>83063969
Wow you're right, fuck me I completely forgot that movie even came out. I'm guessing it was trash though.

Still such a damn shame because a Universal Monsterverse could be so cool
>>
Why the fuck did they take the title of the "Justice League Dark" movie?
>>
>>83064256
>Dark Universe is DC Comics thing. The Mummy is part of Universal Monster series

True but Universal basically just stole the Dark Universe name for their Universal Monster series
>>
>>83059824
Sofia Boutella a cute
>>
File: 1495050826422.jpg (1MB, 2876x2396px) Image search: [Google]
1495050826422.jpg
1MB, 2876x2396px
I liked Dracula Untold and I was interested in what it set up. Too bad its not part of this universe anymore.

The Mummy is already coming across as trying too hard to be a Marvel movie with Dr. Jekyll being the Nick Fury character, having a SHIELD type organization, and already having dracula and creature from the black lagoon references in the trailer, etc.
>>
>>83059824
>The Universal Dark Universe is a sausagefest of old men and one young woman.
>>
>>83064122
Depp used to play different roles back in the day
>>
>>83064446
>I can't wait for Luke Evans's new film
said no one ever
>>
>>83059824
>Johnny Depp As Invisible Man

>cast 20 million dollars star
>to play INVISIBLE man
>>
>>83059926
>It's more capeshit
>"Kino confirmed"
Jump off a cliff my friend.
>>
>Bardem as Fronkenstain monster
Again?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>83061288
That's not how a movie universe works
>>
>>83064960
he's perfect for the role, has a lot of Karloff's facial features
>>
>>83062711
>$125 million
>"relatively cheap"
Maybe in comparison to blockbuster movies like Age of Ultron and Civil War, but that's a shit ton of money. I doubt this will surpass even $300 million world wide.
>>
>>83065062
Yes it is. They said it's not canon anymore. It never happened.
>>
>>83067394
I will pull in $400 mil overseas and $60 mil domestic on Tom's face lone. Safe movie really half Cruise half CGI.

Any movie today that 2X their money at this scale is happy.
>>
>>83067576
>Any movie today that 2X their money at this scale is happy.
Lol? You know nothing about movies if you think this is true.
>>
>>83067966

Analysts are comparing The Mummy to Edge of Tomorrow which had a $178 mil budget and made only $100 mil domestic but knocked out $270 abroad and is getting a sequel.
Mummy is considerably less and has more of a "normie" draw. $40 mil weekend debut. It opens the weekend after Wonder Woman and the week before Cars 3. It will no doubt take Wonder Woman's second weekend and provide enough for people the next week who dont care for Cars or the Tupac movie. I think you're the one who doesn't understand movies.
>>
File: wrongsuspect.gif (2MB, 216x162px) Image search: [Google]
wrongsuspect.gif
2MB, 216x162px
>>83068382
Thank you. I wasn't even gonna respond to this idiot.

What gets me about this era of movies and with A listers like Cruise is how much a movie has to make to be successful and how tough that is in this environment. Criticals are brutal and people have so many options.

I remember when ET was in the theater for like a year. Or Home Alone? Damn movies will never have legs like that again.
>>
File: Fate Zero Stats.jpg (697KB, 2539x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Fate Zero Stats.jpg
697KB, 2539x1920px
you know what I really want to see out of a "x Universe franchise"? A Fate series. Could even make it more like Fate/Prototype so you don't have to genderbend King Arthur.

>make 5 or 6 movies about different heroes(not 7 due to an almost guaranteed overlap in lore)
>then make a Holy Grail War movie including all 7 of these heroes
Whoever gets to be Berserker gets the short end of the stick

either that or just hire the actors that recently played heroes in other movies since you probably don't have to deal with copyrights on legends. Like the guy who played King Arthur and Perseus recently.
>>
>>83068382
>Analysts are comparing The Mummy to Edge of Tomorrow which had a $178 mil budget and made only $100 mil domestic but knocked out $270 abroad and is getting a sequel.
So? foreign cuts are lower than domestic cuts and the movie didn't make that much money. Movies that don't make a lot of money get sequels all the time. Hell, even movies that tank at the box office get sequels. You need to actually do the math to see that even if this movie made 450,000,000 million at the mox office world wide, if you end up being generous with theater cuts, marketing costs, and how much money it made it would break even at best. Studios don't want their properties to break even, they want to make money.
>>
>>83068601

I think a big reason people are hating on Cruise, mostly cuck critics, is because they can't fathom an actor just being an actor anymore. Nowadays a "big name" has to be a political loud-mouth, star in a meme Netflix drama, and try to make a lot of "daring" try-hard "smaller" movies.
Cruise gives no fucks and has been doing him for, what, almost 30 years? I hope Mummy is a success just because I respect the man
>>
>>83068824
Same here. I grew up with him in a way and even when Scientology shit and couch jumping days were at a fever pitch he put out good movies.

I was actually disappointed to see he is making another MI movie though. The last ten years have been too much of him running in front of a green screen.
>>
>>83068937

To be honest I never liked Cruise growing up because I bought into all the Scientology couch jumping shit and then in about 2011-12 whenever the new Mission Impossible was coming out I saw The Last Samurai and then watched all of his movies over about a month. I'd never been more wrong about an actor.
>>
>>83069306
Might be because I am older. I remember when Days of Thunder came out and he instantly was a sex symbol and household name.

I still think his best movie is Minority Report. Couldn't even imagine what this board thinks of that movie...
>>
>>83064593
It's not capeshit. It's monstershit.
>>
>>83059824
But will Wolfman have nards?
>>
>>83059824
Too many white people plus a whitish looking North African playing a North African Mummy. The SJWs will fucking demolish this.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.