[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Does Everyone Like Michael Fassbender as David?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

I keep hearing everyone say how much they like him and I don't understand why.
>>
he's the ONLY character worth your time
>>
Because they have good taste
>>
>>83058506
>>83058619
this
>>
The scenes with Walter and David together pretty much prove Fassbender as the greatest actor of our time.
>>
>>83058506
>>83058619
>>83058643
>>83058676

Yeah...The question is WHY.
>>
>>83058734
lol take a film class
>>
>>83058813
Until then, please explain. Literally nobody who comments about this can back it up with any specific examples or further details. They just keep saying he is amazing. I admit he did an ok job but I didn't notice anything amazing. Is it that they like the character? Is it that they think he's good looking or has charisma? Is Fassbender's acting ability? Can you provide ANY examples from prometheus or covenant to explain?
>>
>>83059131
david's character just wants to bring chaos into the world
like /tv/
>>
>>83058320
He is the Marlon Brando of this generation, you'll either succumb to his greatness or proceed being in the silent minority of insecure lesser men.
>>
>>83058320
Out of a bunch of literally retarded humans, he's the only one left to like
>>
>>83059131
he has a very subtle performance in prometheus which is incredible considering the character hes playing, an android who is slowly becoming more human and questioning his place in things.

he doesnt overact at all in prometheus he acts just enough. He has just enough subtle mannerisms and little things like the way he delivers a line, that lets you know that David is thinking about things beyond just what he is saying or how hes directly interacting with others. No one on the ship can tell David is up to anything of his own accord , except the audience. Fassbender gives David the right amount of personality in prometheus to really nail what the character is.
>>
>>83059437
Finally, someone fucking explained it.
>>
>>83058734
David is a seductive, narcissistic psychopath with a plan.
Also, Fassbender is handsome.
>>
File: IMG_8642.jpg (143KB, 855x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8642.jpg
143KB, 855x1080px
Ash was the only good character in Alien, and Fassbender (as well as Holm) is a great actor.

What else do you need to know?
>>
>>83058320
Witty, nihilistic, and a wicked sense of humor >:3
>>
>>83058320

He's the only character with a clear motivation that doesn't constantly do stupid things that contradict his interests.
>>
File: IMG_8408.jpg (130KB, 500x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8408.jpg
130KB, 500x594px
>>83059131
He's very good at getting into character. His transformation into characters (so far, anyway) is very minute, but is carried by his ability. He can and is actively playing every different role out there, and selling it.

You can reduce acting to technicalities, but it's easier and more rewarding to look and see. Prometheus/Covenant/David are great, but they're pretty small time compared to some of his other work;

>Hunger
>Shame
>12 Years A Slave
>Macbeth
>Steve Jobs
>Frank

In terms of acting in general, here is a great example of the difference between a great actor and a good one. Notice the tone both in the actors and the crowd's reaction.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K_kGtQmvrVI
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTXS42dj40

Doesn't take a film class to recognize delivery and talent, same as it doesn't take a course in musical composition to recognize a great tune.
>>
>>83060246
I feel like Darth Vader isn't a great actor he just has an interesting voice. You can tell because of how well it worked in Star Wars. The tone of the first one was more dramatic because of the actors working together.. The one with Darth Vader the kid was behaving like he was scared. I actually found the second one to be more believable (although less interesting and captivating) because it was less dramatized. The first one had a lot of tension between the two and the second didn't. I'm 100% certain they could have created captivating tension in the second one rather than going for a more realistic reading they just approached it differently on purpose.
>>
>>83059131
because fassbender is objectively a good actor, even in prometheus and alien covenant.
you should see some of his other works like this anon mentions >>83060246

I actually see the character and not fassbender. it also helps that fassbender's real life accent is a fucking apocalypse and you can actually understand him in roles where he more understandable english (see hunger to get a glimpse of what I'm saying).
In prometheus he gives a very subtle and restrained performance, even more subtle and restrained than Guy Pearce's performance in The Rover.
like >>83059437 said, the subtle mannerisms and little things he does in prometheus (albeit for the audience) lets you know what changes are happening for him as a character, how his involvement changes and how he technically grows as a character.
His performance is even better in alien covenant where you can clearly see a distinction in how he plays Walter and how he plays David. Again, very subtle, but just enough to sell it.
I could go into this shit scene by scene and dissect the character's motivation in a certain scene or his arc throughout the whole film, and it would be a fairly interesting discussion to have on the aspect of giving a good performance in a scene and keeping it consistent throughout the film, but we're on /tv/ unfortunately so:
>muh fass so handsome he played magneto!
>>
>>83058320

He's just ripping-off C3P0.
>>
>>83058320
He's just like me: intelligent nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.