[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how could it have been done better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: aliencubedposter.jpg (60KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
aliencubedposter.jpg
60KB, 1600x900px
how could it have been done better?
>>
File: IMG_4091.jpg (34KB, 891x411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4091.jpg
34KB, 891x411px
Actually giving a reason as to how this fucking thing got in the sulaco chamber
>>
>>83056947

Bishop used the other dropship to put it there.
>>
hell at this point I think the weird Gibson script would have been better.

Some thoughts:
-not killing Newt and Hicks in the first 30 seconds for nothing other than shock value

-not having the entire cast comprise of bald identical-looking men + Charles Dutton

-not repeat the same chase scene 8 times

-actually do something with Ripley having a "bond" with the Alien

-remove that fucking awful and insulting attempted rape scene, which again was Fincher just trying to be edgy

-make it about the threat of the alien/unknown instead of bald prisoner drama

This movie is such a mess, even with the Assembly Cut. About the only thing that I unequivocally like is the set design and the soundtrack (that the composer would just go on to reuse on apparently better movies).
>>
>>83056900
use a chihuahua
>>
File: holy shiiiit.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
holy shiiiit.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>alien enters the screen
>looks like an 60's green screen effect with a stop motion puppet what the fuck

>find out it basically is
>>
File: xeno vovoloid.jpg (282KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
xeno vovoloid.jpg
282KB, 900x1200px
Anybody have that gif of that test sequence where they put a goofy xeno costume on a dog and have it run down a hallway to see what a running dog alien might look like.

Its hilarious.
>>
>>83057848
Isn't it some really awkward breed like an italian greyhound?
>>
>>83057659

I agree with everything except killing Newt and Hicks.
>>
File: IMG_4094.jpg (33KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4094.jpg
33KB, 720x576px
>>83057848
>>83057918
>>
>>83057478
That's senpai theory shit though, the filmmakers didn't even know
>the queen died how do we get more eggs
>idk just put an egg there lmao
>>
>>83057990
so cuuuuute!

>>83057936
second half of the bullet-point is crucial. There was no reason for the two characters to die that way other than a lame attempt at shock value. It felt cheap, because it was cheap. I am glad Biehn jewed out the producers for a shitload of cash for the use of his face/likeness. I'd be pissed too.

Ideally I would have just had something stupid like Ripley's space pod shooting onto the planet as an emergency instead of pulling the stupid and cliche "survivors of last horror movie die in the next" stunt. I don't think Fincher knew what he was doing, even if we excuse the fact that the movie was meddled to hell and back.
>>
>>83056900
One of the MAJOR problem I have with Alien 3 is that the special effects didn't age well. I also felt like the acting in this film was overblown, only Ripley was good. There was too much of a Shakespearian thing going that should have been toned down. The directing was also slightly cheesy. It was David Fincher's first film so I guess that explains why it feels a bit rough. I DON'T have a problem with Hicks and Newt being killed off, it sets the extremely depressing dark rough tone of the film which is what the film is wholly about. The rape scene was also ok imo. This film was about Ripley being tested from every angle, losing everything and still fighting all the way to the end. And still winning. I think thats the only thing that good about this film was that it shows so much adversity for her and it shows her overcoming it dramatically by sacrificing her life.
>>
>>83058145

> I think thats the only thing that good about this film was that it shows so much adversity for her

Hahaha. Dude she got shat on by horrible creatures that murdered all her friends for 2 movies straight. And just when you think shes finally escaped the nightmare to go live a good life with Hicks and Newt, Aliens 3 comes along and goes FUCK YOU and kills of Hicks/Newt and throws Ripley into a prison planet full of rapists, with another AYY killing everyone.

Alien 3 is awful in basically every facet.
>>
>>83057478
I legit always thought the egg basically means bishop was evil all along.
Which I never minded.
>>
>>83058909
maybe, but the second movie went to great lengths to show that Bishop meant what he said when he told Ripley that "I cannot cause harm, or by inaction, cause harm to come to others"

I mean, he even tells Hicks to watch his fingers as he's putting the lid back on that ventilation pipe, to keep him from getting his fingers pinched.
>>
>>83056900
Go with the original plan of a wooden monk planet
>>
File: 119611.gif (2MB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
119611.gif
2MB, 500x211px
>>83057848
>>
>>83060110
bumping this thread just to share this gif
>>
>>83060110
Holy shit.

It's kawaii desu
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.