[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Covenant Engineers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 31

File: 12313.jpg (135KB, 1198x397px) Image search: [Google]
12313.jpg
135KB, 1198x397px
So they were Engineers at the end??

Can someone explain to me how such an advance civilization has such a shitty and undeveloped citty that looks like city from Rome period?

Can someone explain to me how such an advance civilization doesn't have any security system or defense against a single spaceship?

Can someone explain to me how the engineers in Prometheus looked much more strong than the new ones that seem like weak beings? Were the engineers in Prometheus elite soldiers and the rest are just like in covenant?
>>
Why does /tv/ think all aliens of the same species to look the same?

"hurrr they looked different!", well, so do humans. The differences between engineers displayed is no different than that of blacks vs chinks
>>
>>83042581
The engineers in Prometheus are STEM master race.
The ones in the new movie are in the ones with social "sciences" and art degrees.
>>
>>83042753
kek
>>
>>83042664
Think of it in the context of the audience watching the sequel and not being given an explanation for the discrepancies OP points out, instead of what the voices in your head tell you.
>>
>>83042581
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you will never get an explanation. The next movie will have even less to do with the last two and still answer nothing.
>>
>>83042581
Also, how did David release the black stuff into the engineers if the planet was abandoned when they got there (in Prometheus)?
>>
>>83042581
I think they were another creation of the Engineers that was created after humans and therefore less advanced.

As to why David went there after telling Shaw they would go to the Engineers' homeworld and decided to kill them, I don't know.
>>
>>83042581

>that angry engineer
>>
>>83042919
They literally explained how they got the ship to fly if thats what you're asking.
>>
>Can someone explain to m-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOv

YOU FUCKING ABSOLUTE IDIOTTTTTTTTTTT

If its not explained in the fucking movie THEN HOW THE FUCK WOULD WE EXPLAIN IT

DO YOU THINK RIDLEY SCOTT OR THE SCREENWRITERS POST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

Get it through your brain: THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT KNOWING OR NOT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT THE PLOT OF THEIR HORRIBLE MOVIE

AND NO ONE HERE KNOWS THE PLOT OF THEIR HORRIBLE MOVIE

AND THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THE PLOT OF THEIR HORRIBLE MOVIE

THERE IS NO MYSTERY
THERE IS NO LORE

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT YOU WASTED YOUR MONEY ON THE MOVIE TICKET
>>
>>83042753
fucking genius
>>
>>83042927

All I am reading is that was the homeplanet of the engineers. That's why I'm asking.

Why they couldn't ake David say that this are not the engineers that they are another of their creation?

Is that so difficult?

Or is it because Ridley Scoot likes to leave these unresolved things to make people wonder?
>>
>Engineers are BIG WHITE MEN

Is twitter bitching about this yet?
>>
>>83043083
The people in Covenant never even knew about the Engineers in the first place so David had no reason to bring it up.
>>
>>83043016
please stop
>>
File: engineers-prometheus.jpg (154KB, 1005x541px) Image search: [Google]
engineers-prometheus.jpg
154KB, 1005x541px
>>83042927
I heard fags say this and then claim it was a quote from a Ridley interview but they never provide any source

as long as there is none, they're engineers on their home planet as far as I'm concerned, because that literally what the story told us

they look pretty much alike with the ones in the previous movie deleted scene
>>
>>83042753
they had a shitty art and arquitectonic style too
>>
>>83042793
are people so stupid that they think every member of the same species looks exactly the same?
>>
>>83043083
>Or is it because Ridley Scoot likes to leave these unresolved things to make people wonder?
He should know the difference between wonder and confusion.
>>
>>83042581
>So they were Engineers at the end??
They're the same race as the "Engineers" but this clearly wasn't their homeworld and they're just a bunch of settlers. David just bombed the engineer version of Kentucky
>>
>>83043197
>clearly

nah
>>
>>83043120
why not??

he explained all he did, why not saying that this was to revenge the people the engineers killed in prometheus and also because the engineers wanted to go back to earth and destroy the humans

could have been a good way to make a cover up for your real intentions
>>
>>83043232
yeah.
>>
>>83042919
you dumb retard I already answered this in the last thread

there are two different planets:

1) the planet they arrive at in prometheus (the military installation from where they would have launched this)

2) the engineer homeworld they go back to from the planet in the first movie to find answers
>>
>>83043277
I'm beginning to understand that the reason why Prometheus was so hated was because faggots like you ass-pull all kinds of retarded assumptions out of nowhere and then get proved wrong and then throw a hissy fit
>>
>>83043369
I truly don't understand where all that hate came from. Prometheus was a good movie for me. It kept me interested all the movie, that's a lot compare with many movies of these days.
>>
given david's talk of humans as a dying race searching for a chance of rebirth, i guess you could extend that theme to the engineers also being a dying species, and then an extinct species.
>>
>>83043197
How could you possibly know that?
Nothing in this bullshit movie is explained and you have no reason to believe that.
>>
>>83042581
to put it into comparison:
- not every region of USA has fibre optics to this day
- not every single human being on Earth has a smartphone

true reason is budget constraints
>>
>>83043369
I'm not saying Prometheus was a smart movie, but it's evident you're too stupid for it. Maybe if it had cuckoldry subplot and memes you might've paid more attention.
>>
>>83043160
Having to rely on head-canon to clear up confusion is a sign of bad writing that was could have been remedied with even a few seconds of expository dialogue.
>>
Why was Tennessee's wife so retarded?
>>
>>83043462
I didn't understand that line from David. Is that implying that earth is almost uninhabitable? Yeah it's quite reasonable that if you are searching for new planets is because you can't live in you own planet anymore but it could also be because you want to expand in to the universe, not necessarily because your planet is shit.
>>
>>83043583
she fell in love with that ugly fuck, why do you think?
>>
>Were the engineers in Prometheus elite soldiers and the rest are just like in covenant?
Probably. It could be that the ones who created humans, the soldier faction who goes around the universe mutating shit with black goo and trying to engineer a perfect being are the Engineer Illuminati and all the others on the planet are some mongoloid underclass who don't even know what the upperclass is doing. David might even be aware of that and that's why he bombed them. Or maybe it was just bad writing to create a cool looking scene for youtube and get people talking about it.
>>
>>83042664
Are you suggesting blacks are aliens?
>>
File: 19H8O01L1U45P6.gif (2MB, 300x176px) Image search: [Google]
19H8O01L1U45P6.gif
2MB, 300x176px
>>83042581
The prologue for Alien: Covenant has David explain that he discovered something about the Engineers. The city David bombed wasn't the Engineers home world, it was actually a species deemed fit to live by the Engineers. This is why David destroyed the city, because he had hatred over the fact that this species had the right to live instead of the human race, which ultimately created him.
>>
>throw in glaring ambiguity
>no explanation
RIDLEYYYYYY
>>
>>83043610
Maybe she loved his humor more than his looks.
>>
>>83043486
Why do you think the engineers in their entirety live on 1 planet? Even the predators travel.
>>
>>83043755
I too find his looks humorous
>>
what was the point in David kissing?
>>
>>83043703
my god, he's up to something...
>>
>>83043764
They may or may not. We'll never know because it won't be explained.
>>
>>83043647
>and all the others on the planet are some mongoloid underclass who don't even know what the upperclass is doing. David might even be aware of that and that's why he bombed them.
why? Why would David care if they were underclass or the establishment?
>>
>>83043802
being edgy
>>
>>83043870
being gay is edgy?
>>
File: Walter.jpg (36KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
Walter.jpg
36KB, 980x490px
is he alive /tv/?
will he save everyone in the next movie?
>>
>>83043884
Most people find it disgusting. Even most people in favor of gay rights don't want to watch men kiss.
>>
>>83043703

which prologue did you awatch?
this clearly shows them arrive at the alien HOMEWORLD after plotting a course, there is no attempt to change destination. He simply says "I learned of their ways" en route in the prologue embedded below.

Thusly, your conclusion is full of shit too, he has many motivations for destroying the engineers themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus
>>
>>83043016
Is fresh pasta al dente?
>>
>>83043896
think about it.
He had to subdue him then take off his clothes and remove one of his hands. Walter has to be alive. David probably ripped his head off so he wouldn't be able to stop him. He's probably still alive, a head without a body in a dead world
>>
>>83043896
not sure if there will be many left to save, David has 7 uninterrupted years with everyone on that ship...

I feel Walter's best option would be to use an engineer ship to go back to earth then take more people to the planet, if he proceeds directly to the same planet as David then the whole thing ought to be a breeding ground for Aliens by that point

for the sake of the plot though I assume there will be people left alive and some capability for them to escape/fight back but given the lengthly recorder lesson and that it is a means to control their ships I have no doubt he will appear in the next movie
>>
>>83043983
don't forget, David also said he found where their homeworld is in Prometheus
>>
Did anyone else find it hilarious when the dude that was burning alive in the cryogenic pod and they couldn't open it so they tried using an axe to break the glass and it didn't do shit
>>
>>83044122
yeah dude, i way listening to Korn on my phone when that happened and contemplated on shooting up my school lmao!
>>
>>83043983
Don't mind the DUDE THEORIES LMAO people. They entertain themselves with crazy shit.
>>
>>83042664
As a white male I don't really see the difference between niggers or chinks. I can differentiate proximately 4 types of each
>>
https://vimeo.com/13974940
>>
>>83044174
I was talking about the axe being funny...
>>
Was James Franco wasted in this? Or did he get out in the nick of time?
>>
They really missed an opportunity to have the black xeno fight at least one of the white xenos and rip it to shreds. Other wise I don't see how it was better than the white ones
>>
>>83042581
>Engineers
That was just the Shaw's stupid name for them.

If you found out that Native Americans were originally Russians who crossed the land bridge and then developed different phenotypical traits, you wouldn't say that the the American Indians were fucking engineered by Asia would you?

But for some reason in Prometheus, that's precisely the conclusion they draw simply based on the fact that the "engineers" showed up on Earth and have the same DNA as us.
>>
>>83044329
Both as an actor and a character, yes to the first part.
>>
>>83042927
They belabor it at length in the film with their constant Milton and Percy references.

David is jealous of Weyland's godlike abilities of creation, indeed he envies this in all humans. Xenomorphs are simply his way of playing god and competing with daddy.
>>
>>83044388
That's a good point there's no reason to assume that Shaw's theory about them creating humans was correct. Ancient Earth could've just been a penal colony for their retards, similar to Australia
>>
>>83043083
Maybe it is exactly as it seems in the film: it was the engineer's homeplanet, and David destroyed it.

Why is everybody pretending like there was some profound riddle posed by Prometheus that this film failed to answer?
>>
>>83043526
This, imagine a reverse movie where we are the ones being discovered by aliens.

Imagine the aliens making contact first with tall nordic europeans but later they land somewhere in India or Somalia, they would probably be "wtf" too
>>
anyone else sad the chick with the huge tits died before she could take a shower?
>>
>>83044329

Not wasted. He did get out in the nick of time. Right when the internal temperature reached 145ËšF
>>
To me this answered the only interesting question in PROMETHEUS, namely why the fuck did David betray the crew and infect Shaw's nondescript husband (other than that his performance was ruining the film).

This movie give you insight into his psyche and he turns out to be a pretty worthy archvillain.

PROMETHEUS was about how there was no fucking special reason why the engineers decided to engineer the xenoplague and wipe out humanity with it, and Shaw couldn't handle it because she was a fake scientist/religious nut who suffered from confirmation bias. Probably we were just bred as test subjects for a xenomorph proof of concept or some shit. Who fucking cares. I personally love that they kill her off between films, Alien 3 style, and David torches her legacy and everything she was concerned about.

Pretty good film.
>>
Ripley = Angel?
David = Devil?
>>
>>83044670
Seek help
>>
>>83044122
I liked that they tried to give the Space Axe a useful role in this film - all the criticism of how useless it seems in Prometheus and suddenly you have characters asking for it by name to fight the alien. You can really tell how personally Scott took it.
>>
>>83043588
he was just making a dig at them, calling them old and outdated.

from the mind of a machine, the older model is worthless, even if it still works reasonably well.
>>
I haven't even seen this flick and I can tell you that these are not engineers, they're a race created by the engineers just like humans, although not advanced. The engineers are wiped out even before Prometheus.
>>
Would it be cool or stupid for Walter to get an army of Predators to help him fight against David's aliens?
>>
>>83044452
In Prometheus we do see an engineer drink some goop and then jump into water while his DNA unfolds on-screen, though. Shaw might not know that, but the audience does.
>>
They were living aesthetically
They no longer needed fancy trappings or metroplexs or hightech space suits
>>
>>83042581
They were the first civilization the engineers created, 'in their image.'

It will be revealed in a future movie that this planet was not in fact their 'homeworld'
>>
>>83044849
They're advanced enough to have docking port. My guess is that they're religious going on the garbs they wear and how the inside Doesn't the place where David does most of his studies seem like a church with all of those scrolls? (i know the scrolls are his doing)
>>
>>83044871

Stupid. The predators would probably pull David apart for his tech.
>>
>>83044849
>The engineers are wiped out even before Prometheus.
by who?
>>
>>83044966
aliums/themselves
>>
>>83044966
Either themselves, the black goo, or the xenomorphs
>>
THE
ENGINEERS
ARE
NOT
DEAD
YOU
FUCKING
MORONS

Did none of you see Alien? Obviously David will come in contact with them again.
>>
File: Basil.jpg (32KB, 468x476px) Image search: [Google]
Basil.jpg
32KB, 468x476px
>>83042581
>Can someone explain to me how such an advance civilization has such a shitty and undeveloped citty that looks like city from Rome period?

entire spacefaring civ had 1 capital city on 1 planet

nothing else

these movies are all faux intellectual
only dummies search for meaning in glorified popcorn flicks
>>
>>83044918
hol up
u was sayin that
the movie was poorly written and rushed so they can shill out more money from their retarded fanbase, just so they can get more money and further ruin the Alien franchise?
>>
>>83045033
nobody watches movies here. They just parrot memes and go to RLM for their friend simulator feefees
>>
File: louie-ck-2.jpg (28KB, 400x503px) Image search: [Google]
louie-ck-2.jpg
28KB, 400x503px
>original Xenomorph virus is airborne and almost impossible to detect with the human eye
>infects its hosts and produces a rapidly growing white Xenomorph in minutes

>David biologically engineers a huge ugly egg that you have to approach and look into, with a facehugger that alarmingly signals that something is wrong to everyone
>the original almost undetectable virus is now a "perfect organism"

What did he mean by this?
>>
All of you Prometheus lore fags killed the alien franchise. It's supposed to be a horror film not some Star Trek level world building shit. i was wondering throighout the whole movie who the fuck the audience was supposed to be- it didn't satisfy alien fans because it's not a horror movie. It was made for lore autists like you. So sad, the movie was fucjing terrible. So sick of people slapping a popular name on something just to sell tickets
>>
>>83045154
you mean Ridley killed the Alien franchise
>>
>>83045154
just dont watch it? how does them using a name to sell a movie affect your previous experiences of watching the original movie? you still have those experiences
>>
>>83045033
In Alien there is only the Space Jockey and it was dead, by a xenomorph I think.

They say that something exploded from inside his chest.
>>
File: 2017-05-22_08-38-00.jpg (16KB, 385x375px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-22_08-38-00.jpg
16KB, 385x375px
>>83045154

Imagine how dissapointed you would be if you heard a similar answer to your lore questions.
>>
>>83045082
>What did he mean by this?

lol wat r biology
>>
>>83043160
Most blacks and Asians look alike to me.
>>
>>83045280
>>83045269
I guess the blame really is with Scott. You wouldn't be trying to figure out lore if he didn't turn the movie from a horror to a pg13 sci fi.
>>
>>83045154
So what's the problem?

You can always go and watch your precious Alien and don't watch the other movies...

And we didn't kill nothing, it was Ridley who did it for money and also I don't give a shit if the alien franchise is dead, I just go to the cinema as I can go to drink some beers, just to do something fun...
>>
>>83045082
I see what you mean but by that logic you would conclude that rats and mices are better organisms than us because they reproduce more efficiently
>>
>>83045082
the eggs weren't good enough for his bigger blacker version of the ayys

maybe he thought they looked too human/engineer like, and wanted them to look more like monsters
>>
>>83045337

What's wrong with supplementing a done to death sci-fi franchise with an actual back story? How was it going to progress otherwise? Putting out regular alien movies isnt viable people get fatigued and bored. You can have both.

I am sorry Scott bottled it and didn't built upon it but swept Prometheus under the carpet, making engineers little more than a foot note.
>>
File: Ridley-Scott00.jpg (51KB, 800x525px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley-Scott00.jpg
51KB, 800x525px
>>83042581
what dont you get?

because real Rome was the pinnacle of civilisation but it fell to rot

you need to be at least somewhat smart to understand the many symbolism in Ridley Scott's movies, come on now
>>
File: kryten.jpg (35KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
kryten.jpg
35KB, 564x564px
Android power rankings

Bishop > Ash > Working Joe > David > Walter > Call
>>
>>83045440
If it was called Prometheus: Covenant I wouldn't give a shit. I went to an Alien flick expected to be horrified and tense. Instead I got Prometheus 2: Gay Skinflute Robofag Edition.
>>
>>83045483
A civilization that can travel across the vast universe and create life has a city that don't have any defense.
>>
>>83045396
For what purpose?
Itd make more sense if they showed that he created the Queen so now the bioweapon was a self-propagating lifeform.

I guess they could reveal that in the next sequel.
>>
>>83045579
>I went to an Alien flick expected to be horrified and tense.
It had the same scenes of people screaming, blood, gore, and loud sounds the other movies have.

What you expected from this movie?
Mayeb it's difficult that you get tense and horrified because it's like the 6th movie in the franchise and they are all basically the same.
>>
File: benwillis.gif (45KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
benwillis.gif
45KB, 320x240px
>>83042581

Yes.

>Can someone explain to me how such an advance civilization has such a shitty and undeveloped citty that looks like city from Rome period?

The more advanced a technological society, the less advanced it needs to appear to be. The peak of advancement is needing to visible technology at all.

>Can someone explain to me how such an advance civilization doesn't have any security system or defense against a single spaceship?

They did. It was one of their own ships.

>Can someone explain to me how the engineers in Prometheus looked much more strong than the new ones that seem like weak beings? Were the engineers in Prometheus elite soldiers and the rest are just like in covenant?

That scene with the engineers in Prometheus was over a billion years ago. Do you think humans will look exactly like they do now a billion years from now?
>>
>>83044821
I thought it was funny because it was completely useless in that intsance
>>
>>83042581 (OP)

IT'S BECAUSE DIDLEY SCOTT DIDN'T FEEL LIKE DOING 10 HOURS OF MAKE UP ON 7000 EXTRAS.

THINK, OP.
>>
>>83045711
>That scene with the engineers in Prometheus was over a billion years ago.
And the ones in Prometheus???
>>
>>83045711
where are you getting billion years from?
where was there any indication as to how long they had been there?
>>
>>83042581

Civilizations collapse. The people often take for granted what they have at the moment. It's similar to how if, here on Earth, something hit us so hard it broke us. If we lost our technology or were reduced sufficiently right now, we'd never return to where we are. We'd be locked at a low level of technology with no avenues to advance. We would be doomed. Stranded on this rock herding goats until the planet itself was invariably destroyed.

Movie is still shit, though.

And nobody realizes or cares.
>>
>>83045709
It's not because of habitualization, I get tense and scared every time I watch Alien and to a lesser extent Aliens.

>What were you expecting?
Characters with personality to root for.
Atmosphere and dark lighting.
More than 10 mins of an Xenomorph stalking a person.
Aliens that don't look like fake, 2004 era CGI.
Light plot and lots of time spent building tension and horror (instead we get 10 mins of gay Robohomo skin flute lessons).
>>
The shitty thing about the new lore of the xenomorph is that in the original alien movies before Prometheus, the alien was just a creature like any other animal that was trying to survive and procreate but in a much more brutal and perverse way. Now in the new ones they are literally made as a machine to kill things, it simplifies them in an even worse way than aliens did.
>>
>>83042581
I haven't seen Covenant yet but isn't it kind of implied in Prometheus that the engineer race got kind of ravaged by the xenos or something?

Maybe after making xenos, they accidentally brought it to their home world and it got loose and fucked up their civilization really bad to the point that it put them back a few thousand years technologically and genetically
>>
>>83045847
>It's similar to how if, here on Earth, something hit us so hard it broke us. If we lost our technology or were reduced sufficiently right now, we'd never return to where we are.

What is the logic of that?
If something like that happens to us, maybe we need time but we could be like we are like now. The thing that happened between Grecce/Rome period and the renaissance was different because of religion and also in ancient times if some library get burned maybe you can't have a book anymore, now it's not that easy to destroy all of the information about something.
>>
>>83045951
>What is the logic of that?
>If something like that happens to us, maybe we need time but we could be like we are like now.

The Industrial Revolution was a mandatory process to get where we currently are. The resources consumed are gone. Forever. As we move forward more terrestrial resources will be forever used up. These things don't return to form. They don't come back.

If we were set back or wiped out and replaced by some new advantageous sapient species, that were to evolve over the next X,000,000 years, they'd have no easily exploitable resources. No surface minerals. Nothing to use. Nothing with the energy density to matter.

A post-collapse future is one where life on Earth may as well be wiped out, because the existence of life on Earth becomes logically pointless. There is no chance of success. All that would be is the prolonging of absolute failure.
>>
>>83045895
>"Why isn't the character like ME!"
literally feminist bullshit.
>>
>>83046043
>The resources consumed are gone. Forever. As we move forward more terrestrial resources will be forever used up. These things don't return to form. They don't come back.
Sun, waves, wind, geothermal heat, nuclear power, some new things we will invent... all of those resources never end.
>>
>>83043884
>>83043945

No, it's creepy because he's basically kissing HIMSELF, retards.

The david stuff was the only tolerable shit in the film
>>
>>83046043
we'd still have the knowledge wouldn't we? even if all the digital stuff is lost, there's still a lot written down, unless you're talking about a complete wipe
>>
>>83046043
im sad now
>>
>>83045269
hi dobbo
>>
>>83046043
Places like Africa still have like at least 80% of it's ressources untouched
>>
>>83046148
Explain to me, in detail, the personality and motivations of the characters.

There was barely a clear protagonist.

The best character is David, this is a failure of writing.

>main chick is a relatively woman until the end where she is screaming and cursing and trying to kill the alien.

>capt is a mopey fuck who is full of faith until you'd think he would demonstrate it?

>frizzy haired guy is comedy relief until his wife dies, then goes back to being light hearted and funny 20 mins later.

The best part of this film was when James Franco got blasted into space, fuck that guy.

Also go back to /pol/
>>
>>83046170
You still need iron and oil. Two things you'll never see a post-collapse society getting access to.

>>83046215
Well, a partial collapse is different. If society could rebound within a period of 5 years after a catastrophic event and find the motivation to take the initiative, there is the chance of recovery. But in the event of procrastination? In the event of people resorting to their baser primer drives? Every delay would be devastating.

Advancing is very, very important. Setting up safeguards and spreading humanity is very, very, very important. Archiving knowledge and having the systems in place to enable rapid recovery in a thousand different formats is ridiculously important.
>>
how did Fassbende kiss himself?
>>
>>83045813

It was the start of single-celled life on earth. That was 3.5 billion years ago. I'm being conservative with "more than a billion".
>>
>>83043016
>DO YOU THINK RIDLEY SCOTT OR THE SCREENWRITERS POST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????
Hello
>>
>>83043575
How is it "head canon" that different highly-evolved organisms look different. Where was it established that all aliens always look exactly the same?
>>
>>83046299
*relativley weak woman
>>
>>83046324

How did Gollum get in a fight with Frodo?
>>
>>83045924
>before Prometheus, the alien was just a creature like any other animal that was trying to survive and procreate but in a much more brutal and perverse way
> Now in the new ones they are literally made as a machine to kill things

Well this isn't true, the bioweapon aspect has been there since the first movie. They speculate it's some kind of weapon, since the derelict is carrying the eggs in something like a cargohold/bomb bay.

In fact one of the things Aliens was criticised for was turning the unknown parasitical monster into just a bug.

In that way Prometheus rolled back the script to parasitical monster, but like someone else said, what the fuck is the "improvement" of turning an airborne directed virus that spits out a functional alien into a more complicated horseshit processes with the facehugger?

Zero logic and clearly just a way to shoehorn in the movie legacy. It'd been so much better if they flipped it around. Have the eggs in Prometheus and have David make it an airborne virus. Eggs we understand now. Airborne virus that rips out your guts and creates an alien in hours is new and incredibly hard to beat.

But then these movies are written without a plan. This movie was just trying to retcon the last movie that retconned the previous movies.. they have no idea where the narrative is going so it creates a bunch of nonsense.
>>
>>83042581
>advanced civilization
>have just one city with population of 100k in the entire planet
what were they thinking ?
>>
File: 1373408999215.jpg (11KB, 242x209px) Image search: [Google]
1373408999215.jpg
11KB, 242x209px
>>83042753
>hahaha art degrees are a fucking joke
>posting on a TELEVISION and FILM board
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>83046492
I'm sorry you wasted your parents money and your time.
>>
File: Queenmother1.jpg (188KB, 564x670px) Image search: [Google]
Queenmother1.jpg
188KB, 564x670px
>>83046403
Clearly the black goo is adapted from a phazon meteorite containing a black marker that just causes synthetic lifeforms to go insane and start replicating xenomorphs throughout the galaxy.

We're getting right into comic book canon territory. God help us all.
>>
>>83044244
this desu

They all look the same. Hispanic people have a huge variety just like white people though.
>>
>>83045082
black xeno will rip the white xeno apart
>>
File: Alien_Queen_vs_Queen.jpg (219KB, 950x759px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Queen_vs_Queen.jpg
219KB, 950x759px
>>83046547
>>
>>83046299
>explain a bunch of background characters who're literally made to be disposable for alien scenes.
nah.

and fuck off back to Upvote county.
>>
>>83046170
You still need iron, cole, oil and all other resources to actually get to the point when you can rely on the sun, wind and waves.
Back in the day you had almost all the resources so close to the surface that you could reach them with primitive tools. Now they're used up and you need to drill really deep with advanced machinery to get them.
If humanity fell and lost the means of creating those advanced machines we're fucked since we would not be able to reach resources needed to even get back to where we are now.
>>
>>83042581
The engineers in Prometheus were created by the engineers in Covenant, like david is created by Weyland.

Thats why the engineer from Prometheus tried killing everyone

Thats why david killed all the engineers in Covenant

They both hate what created them.
>>
>>83046590
>main protagonist
>background character
>>
>>83043848

Well, if they're complete nobodies, then there's almost no real risk involved if he just commits planetwide genocide, now is there?
>>
File: 1445924936761.jpg (98KB, 702x627px) Image search: [Google]
1445924936761.jpg
98KB, 702x627px
>>83046589
>>
>>83046667
The main focus was always David, the nega-Ripely.
>>
>>83046170
All energy is finite. Geothermal is fissile nuclear energy, so it will eventually end. Same with conventional nuclear power, solar power, wind (which is caused by the sun) etc...
>>
>>83046781
Wait so there wasn't supposec to be a protag? What the fuck? How do people defend this garbage?

I feel like I'm on a different planet, this movie is objectively terrible.
>>
>>83046458
>have just one city with population of 100k in the entire planet

You don't know that, maybe they were more cities around the planet
>>
>>83042581

It's the Engineer Detroit.
>>
>>83046857
Everybody watches this for the xenomorphs, the real stars of the movie. Sorry to break it up to you.
>>
>>83047049
i watched it for that sweet FassbenderXFassbender action
>>
>>83046857
>waaah there isn't a Starlord self insert for me to root for to pew pew at aliens
again, fuck off to upvote county and never return.
>>
>>83047049
Cool, too bad they looked like they were from a made for tv movie in the early 2000s
>>
>>83046920
And they all died to bombing just this small area ?
None of them got the memo ?
They had no other ships ?
>>
>>83047123
David literally say that the bioweapon spread really fast until it has killed all non-vegetal lifeforms on the planet
>>
>>83047123
They were brainlets that thought the ship was the Engineers returning
>>
>>83046547

The black goo is actually the gift of an ancient civilization, and is actually its ascension to a new level of existence.

This is why there are xenos inscripted in the walls of the engineers facility, probably the engineers are actually creations of this ancient civilization that went extincted, but their very very essence is held in the black goo, awaiting to get the right host-dna to arise this xeno civilization again as it form of a perfect specie.
>>
>>83042581

Wasn't Jesus supposed to have been an engineer according to ridley, it'd kind of make sense if they had been influencing roman/greek architecture with engineer outposts.
>>
So, how the Xenomorph trapped in the crane was killed exactly?
>>
File: carano.png (125KB, 270x293px) Image search: [Google]
carano.png
125KB, 270x293px
>>83046551
sure amigo
>>
>>83047276
So, nobody ask them if they were engineers, so they had not any kind of air space control? so they dint have sams or any air defense?

For an interplanetary specie with hiperluminical traveling capability?
>>
>>83046395
Why didn't they just use the eagles to fly to Origae-6?
>>
>83047340
>Wasn't Jesus supposed to have been an engineer according to ridley

No, that engineer in the beginning created humanity in turn, creating jesus when he drank that shit and disintegrated into the water. Or else the bible would describe Jesus as a 7 foot tall albino with a booming voice.
>>
>>83047485
It doesn't really matter what the bible says, Jesus was just an amalgamation of previous mythological figures.
>>
>>83046530
Accounting major actually; I just think it's hilarious that philistine retards like you don't understand the irony of you shitting on art students while you post on a board dedicated to discussing the arts.
>>
>>83042664
I really liked the idea of them all being ginormous Adonis-like beings. Even the meekest of their race would be the equivalent of Hercules to us.

Covenant made them out to be kindof dumpy.
>>
It's cool that David engineered the xenos and all that, but I wanna knowhow they're gonna write it to where there were his engineered xeno eggs on a ship with the spacejockey in Alien and how said spacejockey had one explode out of its chest.
>>
>>83042927
This is interesting, it would also explain why they have such a grandiose reaction to a single ship showing up above their city.
>>
File: Despair Pepe.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
Despair Pepe.png
74KB, 412x351px
>>83044359
This.

Morphbowl when?!?
>>
>>83044359
HOW CAN WHITEY NEOS COMPETE?
>>
Why do all Engineers dress like the farmers on Tatooine?
>>
>>83043454
Prometheus had a LOT of good in it, it was just a bit sloppily put together with a few bad story beats
>>
>>83047739

engineer wojaks aren't concerned with normie clothing
>>
>>83047695
I would have walked out of the theater if they did this. Though, truth be told, I almost walked out when the little drone saluted to David.
>>
>>83046403
>Airborne virus that rips out your guts and creates an alien in hours is new and incredibly hard to beat.

Also harder to contain/control.

Maybe the whole point of eggs was that David learned from the mistakes of the Engineers on the military outpost that wiped themselves out.
>>
>>83047344
He couldn't take the pressure.
>>
>>83046403
those little pussy white shits get scared of the light. Far from the superior xenomorph.
>>
>>83046403
David's goal wasn't to create an effective bioweapon. His goal was to create the "perfect" organism. The black aliens apparently has the traits he desired.
>>
>>83047999
yeah but the white ones can swim
>>
>>83048114
i must've been in the bathroom. When did they swim?
>>
>>83046403
The bird eggs are avoidable once if humans were to get smart with them.
>>
>>83048114
But can they jump ?
>>
>>83046403
The only thing the neomorphs were superior to xenos is their form of vector (airborne).
>>
>>83048166
they didn't, he probably talks about Alien 4. It looked kinda pale in there and could swim. But that doesn't prove anything beause the original black xeno should know how to swim as well if it's a "perfect organism".
Now I have a question guys. In the end, when they killed first xeno and got on the main ship in spce, how did the knew, second xeno appeared? You got to tell me it was from a fucking cheek burn or what? because I don't get it. And it was not a pale beta alien from the planet.
>>
>>83047739
Because they grow wheat mate. They are farmers.
>>
>>83046492
Kino is science.
>>
>>83048394
Gay man was infected by the facehugger. If you watch closely you can see the pipe retracting after they got it off
>>
>>83048102
This anon get's it. You can creat a perfect killing machine from a perfect bioweapon. But the process itself is more complex.
>>
>>83042753
Burst out laughing.
>>
What's up with the engineers docking station type ship? What's the point of it? Also, what is that hole that opens up below them? When David drops the bombs do they go into that hole or on to the gathering of people? Thanks.
>>
>>83042581

Because becoming a technological advanced race doesn't completely change your culture. You still see muslim people dress similar to this but they have electricity, tv, cars, etc. Is it really that unbelievable?
>>
>>83048524
They exploded mid-air and spread. Did you watch the movie?
>>
>>83042581
So what are the comments of ambiguity about? What was actually confusing for people?

It seemed pretty cut and dry. I don't get it.
>>
>>83047485
Maybe Jesus was a xenomorph. Mary had a virgin birth because she was impregnated by a face hugger. Jesus blood = wine because wine = acidic blood.
>>
>>83042581
what was their tax policy?
>>
>>83048524
do you dumbasses just shitpost on /tv/ while watching movies on your smartphones? Honest question.
>>
>>83042581
>you on the left vs the guy she tells you not to worry about on the right
>>
>>83042581
I think the strongest hidden strength of prometheus/covenant is how absolutely butthurt they make nitpicking MUH CANON obsessed nerds.

Even now, thousands and thousands of spergs across America are furious re-working their Xenomorph phylogenies and arguing artistically with each other over the Internet.
>>
>>83046403
Neos produce faster, but they're more dumb and don't impregnate you like Xenos. Their production literally hinges on getting close to those eggs to spew out their spores.
>>
>>83048612
No I haven't seen it.
>>
>>83047387
Why would they deploy SAMs against one of their own ships?
>>
>>83046492
He meant you're shit
>>
>>83042927
When I first saw them in the previews, I thought this, too, but then I saw that they actually had advanced Engineer tech in the center of their city and seemed to have it in the temple complex as well(automatic doors, etc.), and it made me think maybe they were an offshoot of the Engineers who abandoned exploration/genetic meddling to live a more "earthy" existence.

One thing's for sure though - the bombs dropping in a helix pattern was too much "pottery" for me.
>>
>>83048621
People are retarded, especially if they post here
>>
>>83048755
for the same reasons some people get shot at before being thrown out of a plane
>>
>>83043016
>hurr durr muh alien
>>
>>83042753
top kek
>>
>>83044772
>Ripley

= Mary, she who will beat the serpent

>David = Lucifer

He who created the serpent
It's like poetry
>>
>>83045082
The original pale Xeno is like 70% as cool as black Xeno. No acid blood, less powerful, etc. David killed all these stupid wheat-farmers engineers with it because of revenge or something and then got bored. He was the first and imperfect too "creative" robot with daddy issues and decide to create a more perfect killing machine - aka the original xenomorph from 1979. But because it's more powerful it takes more time and more complex process for it be born - >huge ugly egg that you have to approach and look into, with a facehugger that alarmingly signals that something is wrong to everyone
+he waited for any crew to come to this planet because the planet was dead and had no animal because of original bioweapon eggs killing everything. He neede them basically for their body/meat to help create this super-xeno. I think along the way he got an opportunity to get to the spaceship and go for a search of other engineer planets + usw this cool cryochamber for his 2 eggs-embrions.
>>
File: deeply concerned.jpg (35KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
deeply concerned.jpg
35KB, 296x296px
>>83048630
>>
File: covenantshawrepairsdavid.jpg (92KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
covenantshawrepairsdavid.jpg
92KB, 960x640px
>>83042581

>>
File: 1489666855956.png (349KB, 544x733px) Image search: [Google]
1489666855956.png
349KB, 544x733px
>>83048787
well-memed.
>>
>>83045617>>83042581

So you guys want an explanation?

After a long, drawn war between the Engineers and the Predators, the Engineer lost and their home planet was vaporized, a few of them managed to escape, one of the escaping ships went astray due to a galactic storm and crashed into the Covenant planet, only like 12 people were abord the ship, mostly children, they had to start froms crach and had just started rebuilding a civilization, they managed to reproduce and become thousands, and in a few weeks already build a large city froms cratch thanks to their high IQs, HOWEVER David approached just a few weeks after theiy ahd crashed, and they were still at the start of their new civilization, just a few weeks TOP, they got unlucky, a few months and they would have been three times as advanced as mother humans, a few years and they would have got back to their original level of technology, which is incomprehensible for humans.
>>
>>83042581
>>83047668
This, they look alike physically like a weak version of the engineers and the scene looks like they are waiting for the return of their gods, all looks like a welcome ceremony, the open square, the tmple in front of the square, anyone can see the religious tone of the scene, they must be what the engineers wanted for Earth
>>
>>83049030
>Predators
Sorry, but that breaks canon.
>>
>>83049030
and you know this why?
also
>predator
>canon
>>
>>83049030
>High IQ means 12 children can build a city in 2 weeks
>>
>>83049040
That would make some sense but then why do they literally call it the Engineers home planet in the Covenant prologue?
>>
>>83043703
That's fucking retarded especially considering David hates humans and wants to genocide them.
>>
>>83049030
Nothing from what you posted here and from what I saw in movies yesterday tells me that it's true but I like the idea of Predators and Engineers being in the same universe. Has R.Scott said anything about Alien vs Predator or a Predator universe in general?
>>
>>83047340
No
>>
>>83043802
It was a Judas kiss
>>
>>83049058
>>83049063
The movies might not be canon but Ridley never stated the predators never existed in the Alien Universe

>>83049079
They're genetically engineered to have extremely high IQs, probably in the 400s-500s easily, humanity itself will develop that technology in a few centuries
>>
>>83049103
Not that anon but maybe it's because humanity knows little to nothing about Engineers at all?
>>
>David-kun loves emotions

https://youtu.be/d2FGgYp6mdk
>>
>>83047340
Yes. That's why they were planning to destroy humanity. Because they killed their dude.
>>
>>83049143
>They're genetically engineered to have extremely high IQs, probably in the 400s-500s easily, humanity itself will develop that technology in a few centuries
how do you fucking know it?
>>
>>83049152
So David thinks he is going to the Engineers homeworld but later finds out it is not and is just another one of their colonies or terraforming projects?
>>
>>83049170
Their bodies are clearly unnatural, too muscular and efficient, probably genetically engineered as well.

Any race capable of such an advanced technology as interstellar travel will have most likely got around genetic engineering way before being capable of interstellar travel, humanity itself is already making huge progress in that field but is nowhere near interstellar travel.
>>
>>83049030
wait is this canon?
>>
>>83043232
Arguments?
>>
It's a species that is what, A few billions of years old? That's longer than even the existence of life on our planet. They probably have seen rise and fall of their civilisation multiple times.
>>
>Still sending stupid people to space
>Still not using spacesuits
>>
>>83049218
I get what you are saying and it's obvious but it's nowhere near like this in the movie. Not at least before I see or hear R.Scott saying anything about Predator universe.
>>
>>83049103
Spaniards called the native americans "indians" because they thought they arrived in India and people look like the description of indians they had
>>
>>83049328
The staff that agree to spend most of their lives in space are handsomely compensated. More than Weyland would like to pay. Be nice if an unfortunate accident were to occur.
>>
File: xZjfF2z.jpg (137KB, 405x382px) Image search: [Google]
xZjfF2z.jpg
137KB, 405x382px
I'm disappointing that their homeworld didn't have a meaty Dyson Sphere surrounding it.
>>
>>83042581
Where can I watch this movie? I can't go outside
>>
>>83049477
We've never got to see their homeworld
>>
>>83049477
Dyson spheres surround stars not planets.
>>
We assume it was the Engineer home-world.

Considering how many things Shaw's been wrong about, how do we know it was?
>>
>>83049740
Correct, that was I thought, I think this is a world related to the engineers, but by far not their homeworld, I think that is a perfect world for David's experiments and that's why David go there, after years learning about engineers and finding what he wanted
>>
>>83049921
Yeah maybe it's a hippie planet that the angry engineers were trying to destroy. I assume the hate of hippies is universal throughout the universe.
>>
>>83049921

There is no way security would be that lax on the Engineer's homeworld.

It's a colony of the Engineers, possibly even a pacifist faction. Weapons were conspicuously absent.
>>
>>83049122
Just google it, quite a few articles. Apparently Weaver, Scott and Cameron all hated the idea and the guys ditched the Alien 3 sequel they were planning when they heard about it.
>>
>>83049522
yes we did watch the prologue, you will see they were on their way to the homeworld there was no alteration to their course, why are people pushing this lie?

to quote: we were able to activate their ship and set course for their homeworld

>>
>>83042581

we're a spacefaring civilization and we have shitholes on our planet
>>
>>83050186
Yeah, they look like a peaceful religious community, like a monastery-city, maybe that's why you only see men
>>
>>83050254

Plus them being religious pacifists would tie into the whole "David is now basically Space Devil".
>>
>>83050209
yeah, just checked it. So Predator in not a canon in Alien universe after all?
>>
I don't understand why the engineers didn't have massive cities. Was that just not in the budget?
>>
>>83050297
No, why didn't they have any sort of defense mechanism?

They were basically bronze age tier retards wearing dirty robes
>>
File: 48b.png (264KB, 498x373px) Image search: [Google]
48b.png
264KB, 498x373px
>>83050238
They don't want to believe that Engineers live like hobos.
>>
>>83045944
This

4000 years or something had passed since the Prometheus engineer went into status
>>
>>83050238
>>83050389
You are very mind limited if you believe that's the homeworld of the engineers. Millions of years colonizing space and you think that the capital, the center of all organization and bureaucracy is that little religious city?
>>
>>83050340
Imagine what would aliens think of us if they landed first in a city like Goma, Islamabad or Kanpur ?
Why wouldn't it be safe to assume that engineers don't have their version of underdevelopped shitkins ?
>>
>>83050458
-don't*
>>
>>83050458

Pretty much David targeted religious pacifists, quite deliberately. He may have killed Shaw long before he landed.
>>
File: alien.jpg (855KB, 1678x2400px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
855KB, 1678x2400px
>>83050447

Thats what they called it, thats what the director portrayed, what else am I supposed to believe anything else is dismissing the script.

>>83050389

there are multiple plausible reasons it could have looked the way it did, the engineers may have originated from that planet but that doesnt mean it's the pinacle of their civilization,

secondly just because they wore robes does not mean they lack technology and sophistication, everything you saw could be put down to "muh culture" it does not mean they did not have technology to match (and infact we see the docking ship in the prologue), No need to make up your own story just because it didnt look like the Jetsons, who is to say what a civilisation that would seed life onto other planets would look like?
>>
>>83042581
Is it not something like traditionalists/salafi's versus high technology technocratists?
>>
>>83050458
Because that's the alien homeplanet, there should also be advanced cities

But honestly there shouldn't be any backward places, the Engineers have had interstellar travel since at least 20,000 years, humans aren't anywhere near interstellar travel and aren't even making interplanet (probes aside) travel, yet most of the world has already become urbanized in the spawn of a few centuries and advanced technology is available in every continent on earth.

Why the fuck do retards like you even compare a species capable of intergalactic travel with humans, who didn't even have planes 150 years ago?
And we know that the Engineers already had FTL technology at least 20,000 years ago, it's like comparing a rat's brain with Einstein's.
>>
>>83042793
yes
A truly advanced species wouldn't have colossal cityscapes that destroy the natural environment, they would live within their means.
>Can someone explain to me how such an advance civilization doesn't have any security system or defense against a single spaceship?
They didn't think it was hostile? Before David started dropping the goo they looked happy, presumably because they thought their equivalent of astronauts were coming back home.
>Can someone explain to me how the engineers in Prometheus looked much more strong than the new ones that seem like weak beings? Were the engineers in Prometheus elite soldiers and the rest are just like in covenant?
See >>83043125

>>83042793
At the end of Prometheus they set off for the Engineer homeworld. Also, think of it from a film making perspective. If it was supposed to be an entirely new race they wouldn't have made them look so similar to the Engineers because it would confuse the audience. As it stands, giving them slightly different clothing is enough to confuse a few autists.
>>
>>83043016
It is explained. The ones in Prometheus were designed for military use and experiments. They're not just jocks to us, they're jocks to them as well.
>>
>>83050458
Not logical, because a spaceship descending onto a planet would easily be able to detect other settlements. David was on that planet for 10 years and all that existed is that little settlement with no vehicles, no spaceships, no industry of any kind except wheat. That is not a spacefaring civilization.
>>
>>83050458
Hey why'd you pick Goma? Just curious.
>>
>>83044359
neck yourself you fucking pleb
>>
>>83042581
I thought predators created the aliens to hunt?
>>
>>83045041
>entire spacefaring civ had 1 capital city on 1 planet
How do you know it only had one city?
>>
>>83050945
>all that existed is that little settlement with no vehicles, no spaceships, no industry of any kind except wheat.
says who
>>
>>83042581
ridley scott is an ultra hack
>>
Ridley Spoop is a senile fraud.
>>
>>83050995
>>83051054
David sat at that location for 10 years. His experiments require live subjects. He nuked every living thing that first day. It makes no sense for him to NOT move on. Find other settlements, get off the planet, anything.
>>
>>83051232
>He nuked every living thing that first day
He nuked the city on the first day. The 'fallout' from the black goo probably took longer to spread, and the other cities probably held on until the entire world's ecosystem changed and they were killed by neomorphs
>>
>>83046492
>TV and Film production
>Art degree
You fucking wish
>>
I still don't see why he developed the face huggers. Did they just add that in so the prequels line up with the creatures in the original movies?
>>
I hope it's not the last we heard from the engineers. Ridley can't get away with that.
>>
File: 090818-human-dog-sculpture-02.jpg (51KB, 660x436px) Image search: [Google]
090818-human-dog-sculpture-02.jpg
51KB, 660x436px
In reality, even humans descendants are unlikely to stay the same species on different planets. Envoirmental conditions, gravity, and radiation, and isolation would encourage colonist to evolve towards divergent routes. Even on Mars, it is likely that a new breed of humans would appear in the long run.
>>
>>83051354
Nah, next movie is about Weyland Yutani sending an army of Fassbender robots to stop the Michael robot.
>>
So judging from this thread you don't actually learn anything new about the engineers? I liked Prometheus and was anticipating a sequel but I won't bother watching this if it's just another alien flick.
>>
>>83051712
Yeah I won't watch it if the only part about the Engineers was in the prologue. I wanted to see them fighting the xenos.
>>
>>83049019
>Shaw: How long?
>David "God of Xeno's": Impossible to say
Ehh he just operated the engineers ship guidance system and knows their language.

Either;
1. The engineers are too primitive to have time based calculations based on distance and speed within their navigation systems
>impossible
2. David an android is some how too dumb to make the calculations himself that humans are capable of doing with little effort
>impossible
3. David had no intention of going to the engineers planet so he had to lie about how long it would take to get there
>BINGO

>David "God of Xeno's": Sleep tight, i'll wake you when we arrive
Arrive at the birth of a new species which requires a human host

>David "God of Xeno's": And then I was alone again...
Last time David was alone at the start of Prometheus he was watching Lawrence of Arabia and imitating the Peter O'Toole's character being indifferent to pain.
>The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts
>There is nothing in the desert, and no man is nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RY78Yt3U9c
Now he is learning from the Engineers and he is imitating them and their feelings about humans.

>David "God of Xeno's": ...and I waited, our arrival
Again arrive at a new species
>>
>>83049019
>David credits Byron with the Ozymandius poem
Wiki - In mid-1816, Shelley and Mary made a second trip to Switzerland. They were prompted to do this by Mary's stepsister Claire Clairmont, who, in competition with her sister, had initiated a liaison with Lord Byron the previous April just before his self-exile on the continent. Byron's interest in her had waned and Claire used the opportunity of introducing him to the Shelleys to act as bait to lure him to Geneva. The Shelleys and Byron rented neighbouring houses on the shores of Lake Geneva. Regular conversation with Byron had an invigorating effect on Shelley's output of poetry. While on a boating tour the two took together, Shelley was inspired to write his Hymn to Intellectual Beauty, often considered his first significant production since Alastor.[22] A tour of Chamonix in the French Alps inspired Mont Blanc, a poem in which Shelley claims to have pondered questions of historical inevitability (determinism) and the relationship between the human mind and external nature. Shelley also encouraged Byron to begin an epic poem on a contemporary subject, advice that resulted in Byron's composition of Don Juan. In 1817, Claire gave birth to a daughter by Byron, Alba, later renamed Allegra, whom Shelley offered to support, making provisions for her and for Claire in his will.

Maybe???
Shelley = David
Lord Byron = Peter Weyland
Mary = Shaw
Claire = Meredith Vickers
>>
Where can I watch this online?
>>
>>83046857
When did men become such crybabies? Fuck off back to Plebbit you cunt, and take your shitty leather jacket with you.
>>
>>83044902
This is a possibility. But it wasn't all that aesthetic. They were a bit disheveled looking from the caps I saw.
>>
>>83043016
Wow, the edge.
>>
>>83042581
I read a theory about how the "homeplanet" is just another humanoid experiement by the Engineers.

They gathered for the space ship because they thought it was their gods(engineers) returning.
>>
how am i supposed to know all of these lore stuffs? none of this are actually was in the movie
>>
>>83047096
>>83052729
Reddit loves these fucking horrible movies, take your tongue off Scott's overrated taint.
>>
>>83052083
3. David had no intention of going to the engineers planet so he had to lie about how long it would take to get there
>BINGO

And this also ties in neatly with
>>83053277
>>
>>83042581

It was their own ship.

They thought their bros cane back, didn't you see hiw they all cheered
>>
>>83053277
The "engineers" were all men.
Those in Prometheus were trying to create vaginas to bring back home.
However, that went terribly wrong. The vaginas have tentacles and sharp teeth, and will try to stick penis aliens in you.
That lone surviving Engineer was really angry because he had no usable vagina.
Everyone on the home planet were welcoming the spaceship because they thought the science guys were finally bringing back vaginas.
>>
>>83044058
>Walter shows up on the covenant along with the other Neomorph in the sequel to deliver an overtly pretentious monologue with heavy handed references only to fall into obscurity 5 minutes later
>>
>>83044122
That scene was just absurd on so many levels, what sort of an idiot designs a literal sleep chamber without some sort of failsafe? Not to mention the scene had no impact because all I was thinking at the time was 'who the fuck even is this guy?'
>>
>>83053382

Because it's a badly written movie. You shouldn't need a user manual for a movie.
>>
>>83042581
if we ever encounter a technologically superior alien race it will be our responsibility to bomb the shit out of them and take their technology
>>
>>83044926
The engineers could have left that there seeing as to how they used to visit Earth on a regular basis. This species just hasn't been put on their shit list yet.
>>
>>83043662
No, they WUZ kangz
>>
Ok so what if:
- The Engineers as a species are billions of years old, they have lived through many falls of their civilization
-~2000 years ago they send the engineer from prometheus to earth to kill humans / do more science, something happens and he goes into cryo
-Something happens on engineer homeplanet that puts them back into the equivalent of the middle ages, probably some post apoc event. Society collapses but rebuilds itself, except they lost all knowledge of their advanced tech. This explains why the engineers in coevenant looked like peasants and had no defense mechanisms
- Prometheus happens and david flies back to engineer home planet. Peasant Engineers herald it as the comeback of a long lost savior from paste ages that will bring them back the knowledge of technology. Too bad that it's david.
>>
>>83046857
You're such a faggot. I paid to see xeno's rip and tear and that's what I got + corrupted android shenanigans. I was pleased.
>>
>>83053382
yes it was, it just wasnt spoonfed to the audience so retards like yourself keep asking questions

cool pic tho
>>
File: 1494380880108.jpg (163KB, 663x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494380880108.jpg
163KB, 663x1024px
>>83042753
Science is dead.
Bury it.
>>
>>83043016
So you don't know the answer then, because if you do you should just explain it already.
>>
File: 1474998672695.jpg (49KB, 720x483px) Image search: [Google]
1474998672695.jpg
49KB, 720x483px
These were the engineers that didn't spend all day on a Chinese girl cartoon message board and actually went outside to get sunlight.
>>
obviously they havent seen starships in some time but know about them

they regressed and lost their tech
>>
>>83057767
saved
>>
>>83053445
Reddit also loves being whiny little bitches and wouldn't you know, you fit the description to a tee
>>
>>83049302

i mean we as humans have seen rise and fall of our civilizations as well so....
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.