[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this movie so fucking boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: arthur.jpg (249KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
arthur.jpg
249KB, 800x1185px
Why was this movie so fucking boring
>>
File: ffeb35[1].jpg (225KB, 908x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ffeb35[1].jpg
225KB, 908x1200px
>>83036349
Swords & Sorcery is only good when it's rated R.
>>
They white washed kang arthur
>>
>>83036544
Name one example.
>>
>>83037976
conan the barbarian.
>>
Moved8es that do not ask for you to use your brain to figure anything out are boring.

They try to make up for it with new visual gags that you haven't seen yet, even though they lead to an outcome is always what you expected it would be.

For people with lower IQ, it is flattering and comforting, and never insulting to their intellect or the sensibilities that come with it. And thanks to China, that market is staggeringly vast.

So yeah, movies are mostly boring trash in order to succeed.

There's still good films being made, but for not big mainstream audiences.
>>
>>83036349
charlie hunnam is a charisma vacuum when he's not playing jax teller

seems nice enough IRL though
>>
>>83038471
He was good enough in Pacific Rim, though he was outshined by Idris, Charlie Day and Ron Perlman.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (55KB, 735x405px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
55KB, 735x405px
No one can answer your question op because no one saw it.
>>
>>83037976
Excalibur would be given an R rating nowadays.
>>
>actually showed exposition rather then shitty dialogue that tells us the character
there was visual arch of the main dude albeit it was done ike 4-5 times it was still good to see that rather then here some bs and not give a shit about the characters

i liked it
>>
>>83038678
But there was no arc. Everything Arthur did kept getting repeated, and we never saw he actual struggle, just snippets of it, we never saw him actually work towards his goals, or show off his skills outside of combat, we just see "Okay, so let me tell you what happened"

He goes to the Blacklands to learn how to control Excalibur, and despite that, he still struggles to control the sword, until he doesn't, without any explanation, but then he still can't control Excalibur, until he does, because he had ANOTHER fucking hallucination about his mom and dad dying. Fuck, he didn't even have any real fights, because the only fights he actually had that weren't shaky cam bullshit brawls in crowds where you can barely follow whats going on cause it keeps jumping around, is a big CGI brawl with more stupid fucking camera work and slow downs, and a fight with a big CGI piece of shit, with, again, more stupid camera work and slow downs.

This didn't even feel like King Arthur, it felt like some jackass and his "quirky" gang with a magic sword that ends with fighting a generic "SUPER COOL BADGUY"
>>
>>83039178
We get that montage at the beginning of the movie showing him growing up and leading a gang. I didn't like the structure of it myself, but it did show growth.
>>
>>83039178
well shit those are good points. I guess the only arch is seeing him struggle and not wanting it but then realizing he has to but i get what your saying. i guess i am comparing to other shit movies tht have dialogue explain everything away. i enjoyed it still but ya i see what you mean
>>
>>83039256
The whole struggle with not wanting Excalibur was dumb too. His whole motivation was to get revenge for Lucy being killed, so when more of his allies are killed, what does he do? Throw the fucking sword away and go running through the woods, with no real reason why, we don't see his thought process, or what the fuck he was thinking, just scenes, and then immediately afterwards it's resolved by the Lady giving him the vision, cause apparently it takes the knowledge that all of Britain is doomed for him to decide to go back at it.

Shit, the fucking archer cunt was the reason most of the people died, but we never see him struggle with it, or even his input, I think he only had like three actual scenes the entire movie.

And what really ruffled me was there was no weight to the Arthurian legend. They threw a few names around willy nilly, as if they reached into a bag and found a name with a very tiny summary, and thought "Yeah, this guy fits" and ignored everything else about it, even fucking Excalibur is only named once the entire movie, and it's called "Calibur" or "Caliburn" couldn't make it out clearly, which I get, yeah, is it's name in some translations, but it's named once, and never again is it named, despite being literally the most important thing in the story.

It didn't feel epic, which is how a story of Arthur's degree should be treated, an epic, it felt like a generic action flick that gets shat out once a month, it felt like it should be on fucking Scifi channel, or a direct to video movie.

Plus they got the fucking sword in the stone plot point wrong a-fucking-gain. Why include the Lady of the Lake, and still make Excalibur the sword in the stone.
>>
>>83039485
more good points dude, should of caught those. as far as the stories accuracy ill take your word on bc desu i had no idea farther then sortof knowing the jist of the story and just knowing some names here and there, but yea especially at the end the whole knighting and naming seemed like when a band is done for the night but comes back for one more song anyway despite no one really caring but sticking around just because
>>
>>83036349
Not enough quips per minute
>>
>>83039485
>Throw the fucking sword away and go running through the woods, with no real reason why
He blamed himself for their deaths, since they were rallying behind him as part of the rebellion. It wasn't explicitly stated, but that's what I took from it.

As for the lack of explanation on the Arthurian legend, yeah, I guess they assumed everyone was already familiar with the broad strokes of the story so they didn't bother filling in the details.
>>
Friends and I ended up choosing guardians last night over this to avoid watching 3d. Guardians was meh, was this even worse?
>>
>>83036349
it's not as bad as critics make it out to be. the snatch-like pacing was one of my favorite things even though people seem to hate it. also, friendly reminder that all marvel movies after thor: the dark world are way fucking worse than this
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2764x4096px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2764x4096px
WE
>>
>>83040132
>all marvel movies after thor: the dark world are way fucking worse than this
Guardians 2 is a million times better than this m8.
>>
>>83040223
Is still doing this style of poster indicative of just how out of touch they were about this movie?
>>
>>83036349
>>83036349
anyone know the name of the song being sung when arthur's father fought the elephants and killed mordred ? i think its gaelic ?
>>
File: 20160203182128132_21648.gif (83KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
20160203182128132_21648.gif
83KB, 400x301px
>>83040405
>being this cucked by disney
>>
>>83040807
Yes, how dare I be fooled by a good movie.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.