[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in watching past the first 2 Alien movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0160.jpg (20KB, 283x397px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0160.jpg
20KB, 283x397px
Is there any point in watching past the first 2 Alien movies?
>>
>>83034837

no. keep yourself pure
>>
>>83034837
I'm thinking mostly about prometheus and covenant, I saw 3 (shit) and am watching resurrection right now (also shit, is there any point in finishing?).
>>
>>83034837
Alien is the only one worth watching.
>>
>>83034935
>is there any point in finishing?
Not really unless you want to see sigourney weaver have lesbian sex with an alien queen.
>>
I've only watched the three Ridly Scott ones.

Covenant is pretty shit, but I actually liked Prometheus. The scrcips is goddamned awful and hamfisted on both, but Ridley did a great job on Prometheus as a director.
>>
File: 346723467236.jpg (40KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
346723467236.jpg
40KB, 460x500px
>>83036697
>>
>>83037119
What the fuck happened with covenant? I..expected more...
>>
Not really.
Don't watch past Robocop 2
Don't watch past Predato.
Don't watch past Tremors
Don't watch past Jurassic Park
Don't watch past the 82 The Thing
>>
>>83037334
It honestly felt like Scott just phoned it in. Sad as fuck.
>>
File: 1480300306908.jpg (411KB, 672x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1480300306908.jpg
411KB, 672x1230px
>>83034837
There is no point going past the first move. Aliens is one of the most predictable action movies of all time. What a bore to sit through. They manages to take one of the most interesting monsters in a horror movie of all time and reduce it to nothing more than a mindless bug. Gone was the subtle atmosphere of the first movie, instead we were treated to a safe clone of predator but with a less memorable cast.
>>
>>83034837
There's no point in watching past Alien even.
>>
No, unless you care about Ripley, then watch 3 and end there.
>>
>>83038221
That's a tad hash, Aliens is a very effective action movie. I do agree though the Xeno was reduced to a mere target for the marines and the bug references took away a lot of their mystery and menace. Watch both movies OP, but for the love of all that is holy stop there.
>>
1,2,3 and Resurrection form a complete character arc for Ripley and all 4 are essential
>>
it's similar to the rocky franchise in that only the first movie is a legitimately good film with artistic merit. aliens is a dumb action movie but it's entertaining in its own way, much like the more cartoony sequels to rocky. it just gets more and more silly as it progresses with 3 and Resurrection. they can all be fun to watch though.
>>
>>83037006
That scene was so over the top I had to check if Raimi was directing
>>
Alien 1 really aint that good imo, the suspence is pretty poorly done imo.
>>
>>83034837
Dan O'Bannon (the guy who created/wrote Alien) on the sequels:
>I’d like to see it stop. A horror movie’s a fragile thing, and once you’ve gotten past the original, it isn’t scary anymore. So you do a bunch of sequels to a horror movie, all they do is drain any remaining impact out of the original.
>It was played out after the first one, as far as I’m concerned. Cameron, in the first one, did about the only thing you could do, which was that he changed to a different genre, from a horror movie to an action film. But once he had done that, there really was nothing left to do. And they just keep squeezing the thing till it’s an empty bag. But as long as it keeps bringing in money to them, they’ll keep doing it.

denofgeek.com/movies/alien/13160/the-den-of-geek-interview-dan-obannon
>>
>>83037334

Backlash to Prometheus caused him to compromise on his artistic vision and shove in more aliens because he thought that's what people wanted. I would have preferred 'Paradise.'
>>
>>83039940
O'Bannon/Giger and Cameron were the best people to touch Alien.

I know Scott wanted to end the first movie with the alien tearing Ripley's head off and speaking in her voice which might be the most retarded thing I've ever read.
>>
>>83038221
It's predictable because it was one of the first action films. Just like Alien is a highly predictable horror film. They're predictable because they became the template.
>>
Why did Resurrection get so much hate?
>>
>>83041345
I don't know. I thought it was alright. If you view it has half comedy, it's pretty good. It's basically Firefly with aliens with an incredible basketball shot.
>>
>>83034837
What's the "point" in watching anything? I like Alien 3 too, but Alien is by far the best and, imo, the only film in the franchise you really should to watch.
>>
Nope. Covenant retcons them both. Just pretend the first two are the only two.
>>
>>83037341
>Don't watch past Tremors
Tremors 2 was ok. 3 is were it completely falls off the rails.
>>
>>83043258
All the Tremors sequels were bad except for the one that takes place in the past. The whole life cycle thing was dumb IMHO, but I give them credit for at least trying to close the loop.
>>
>>83034935
Nah. The "birth" scene at the beginning with the modern dance gauze was the only decent part.
>>
>>83034837
Nope. Alien 3 assembly cut if you must
>>
>>83044108
came here to post this
>>
>>83038581
Have to disagree, Rocky was intended to be a trilogy and you can tell. Three is arguable but Rocky 2 is just as good as the first.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.