[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

now that the dust has settled, can we agree this is the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 36

File: file.png (161KB, 477x268px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
161KB, 477x268px
now that the dust has settled, can we agree this is the worst alien film? even worse than prometheus
>>
File: in charge.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
in charge.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Now that the dust has settled, what does /tv/ think of The Dark Knight Rises' opening plane scene?
>>
Prometheus was great
>>
>>83016027
Not really. If you are going to bitch about helmets I refuse to post in this thread.
>>
i thought it was gud
>>
why didn't they just put helmets on?
>>
Alien > Aliens > Alien: Covenant > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Alien: Resurrection
>>
>It's another "Oh we can breathe the atmosphere! Looks like we don't need these newfangled helmets that completely protect us from alien pathogens on an unknown planet! Better rip these things right off because we want to breathe "fresh" air so badly! Fuck all safety protocols!" episode

D R O P P E D

Honestly, the only reason they even take off their helmets is likely because filming with them on is more difficult than filming without them. It also obscures the actors face and whatnot, which is why they take them off.
>>
>>83016027
Actually, it's the next best movie in the entire franchise, being slightly better than Aliens.
>>
>>83016027
Are the characters equally retarded again?
>>
I loved it. I know wheat.
>>
>>83016241
Eat shit tripfaggot, but agreed.
>>
>>83016296
Dude, who the fuck doesn't want to touch a snek that looks like a sperm.
>>
>>83016027
Aliens is worst
>>
>>83016267

I love how in all these cases they do ONE test on ONE location if the air is breathable then just take the helmets immediately off.

As if it is impossible for pathogens and toxic gases to be localized elsewhere or microscopic things floating around irregularly.

They're literally on an alien planet they know dick about.
>>
>>83016027
Yes this movie was awful. Saying worse than Prometheus is not scathing enough though, as Prometheus was good.
>>
>>83016027
>now that the dust has settled, can we agree this is the worst alien film?
no we cant agree on that
>>
>>83016027
nothing will ever be worse than prometheus
>>
>hol up guys.
>just hol up a sec.
>guys listen.
>its too quiet.
>there's no birds here. no animals.

MOTHERFUCKER YOU LITERALLY JUST LANDED ON THIS PLANET 5 MINUTES AGO WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU THINK THERES SUPPOSED TO BE BIRDS?
>>
>>83016027
I just saw Mike and Jays review and they said that even though Prometheus was deeply flawed it at least tried to be something while this movie didn't try to be anything.
>>
>>83016757

Good thing Mike and Jay explained to you in one sentence what you need to be thinking about this movie.
>>
Marginally better than Prometheus, although nothing still makes any sense.

The one thing that immediately stuck out to me is how unnecessarily fast the aliens gestated and then grew outside the host. It's just such lazy horseshit writing to have an action scene every 20 minutes.
>>
>>83016862
>>The one thing that immediately stuck out to me is how unnecessarily fast the aliens gestated and then grew outside the host. It's just such lazy horseshit writing to have an action scene every 20 minutes.

>it's unnecessary to show the audience exactly what they came to see
>>
>>83016970
Point being that moviegoers nowadays are braindead morons?
>>
>>83017022
Point being that there's no sense in taking 40 minutes to "build tension" of alien gestation when everybody knows damn well what alien gestation looks like for almost 40 years

cut to the chase.
>>
File: jew33.jpg (22KB, 358x447px) Image search: [Google]
jew33.jpg
22KB, 358x447px
>>83016267
>>83016399
Taking their helmets off did literally nothing bad to them in Prometheus though. Yeah it was still stupid, but nothing came from it in that movie.
>>
>>83016267

They didn't even have helmets on at all when they landed, did they?
>>
>>83017089
It's not about the screen time you ADHD riddled toddler, it's about the script. Having three different aliens develop in the span of a single day is fucking retarded.
>>
>>83017373
It happened that way in the original movie
>>
>>83017373
>It's not about the screen time you ADHD riddled toddler, it's about the script. Having three different aliens develop in the span of a single day is fucking retarded.

You're crying about the script, and yet, according to the script, everything that happens is completely justified.
>>
>>83016267
>pay 10 million dollars for an actor's face
>hide it behind a costume for the sake of realism

They're not making 2001, they're making kino. Acceptable break in reality.
>>
>>83016027
No. It combines the best of Prometheus (the space exploration) with prime Alien horror. Great movie.
>>
>>83017506
>>83018928
If you liked it, be sure to give it a good score on IMDB.
Normies and redditors who couldn't handle David winning are giving the movie bad ratings.
>>
>>83016027
you keep saying movies are about "good" and "bad"

there is only one "good". Did box office receipts show a retention of business over a significant period.

we'll show you a test pattern if we could, goy
>>
>>83016133
but why the fuck wouldnt you wear a helmet if your going on to a alien planet? even if the atmosphere is breathable, there were so many plot holes it ruined the move
>>
It had the best wheat produce of any film, ever bar none. It will be ingrained to the kino industry for centuries.
>>
>>83016293
(You)
>>
>>83019122
Because if David wins there will be Covenant 3 or something like that with the same old shit over and over again.
>>
>>83016241

Swap Prometheus and Alien 3 and I'm on board
>>
Why people don't like Alien 3?
I thought it was better than Aliens
Must be because I watched the good cut first
>>
>>83019627

The 'good cut' was overly long and tedious with shit characters and an unaesthetically pleasing setting. Literally did not give a fuck if they all died or not which is something not even resurrection managed to make me feel
>>
>>83019346
Because alien diseases aren't actually an issue? They'd be adapted to infect entirely different organisms and would be harmless to humans.
>>
>>83020244
>They'd be adapted to infect entirely different organisms and would be harmless to humans.

What a dumb statement. Neck yourself, loser.
>>
>>83016027

nah, you're too autistic to enjoy stuff
>>
>>83020331
There are plenty of diseases on Earth alone that aren't adapted to infect humans, going to a different planet just compounds that even further
>>
>>83016086

Can you make an own thread so we can discuss this?
>>
>>83017162
but why even waste time with a scene like that though? If they drop down on a planet that obviously has plant life on it and just don't wear helmets and don't bring it up we can probably assume the atmosphere is breathable. It's what they do in Star Trek like 90% of the time they beam down onto a planet and it's fine.
>>
>>83020331
>failed high-school biology, the post
I take pleasure in the fact that you'll never procreate, my friend.
>>
>>83020244
And you're basin that upon how many alien environment encounters ?
>>
>>83016027
REEEE GIVE ME MY WHEATIES
>>
>>83016027
It really drives home how fucking goofy xenos look in broad daylight
>>
>>83020573
because it's common sense? I can't catch Dutch elm disease so what are the odds I'm going to catch zog fever?
>>
>>83017506
>>pay 10 million dollars for an actor's face
>>hide it behind a costume for the sake of realism

This is only an argument if the actor in question is Fassbender, and they can get away with it because he's a robut.

The rest have to keep their mugs in the fishbowls.
>>
>>83020536
>but why even waste time with a scene like that though?

Have you seen the movies? In covenant they don't even bother with a helmet removing scene, they just leave the ship without them on in the first place.
In prometheus the planet's atmosphere was not breathable and only became so once entering the ruins.
>>
>>83017506
>>pay 10 million dollars for an actor's face
>>hide it behind a costume for the sake of realism
Yes, that's why none of the actors wore helmets in Alien. Or even Prometheus.

Oh, wait.
>>
>>83016027
It was the scariest and most disturbing Alien film, so I cannot in good conscience call it bad no matter how retarded the characters were to put themselves in these bad situations. Giger would have been pleased and that's really what matters.
>>
>>83019525
Get ready for him to win in the next two prequels too because he's the one who set everything in motion during Alien.
>>
>>83020986
The tension was great. It was thrilling.
>>
I bet you brainlets think walter (the Android marooned) made it back to the ship.
>>
>>83020670
Common sense is common because it's been measured. You can't apply it to another life form we know nothing about.
>>
why dont the aliens attack david?

they attacked everything that moved in alien, aliens, and alien 3. didnt give a flying fuck
>>
File: ayyy.png (161KB, 644x452px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.png
161KB, 644x452px
>we want the baby groot audience
>>
>>83021769
The alien never attacked Ash
Alien Queen only attacked Bishop because she was pissed
>>
>>83021783
what's his name?
>>
>>83021769
The alien in this film is very much like androids in previous Alien films. They've been "programmed" in a way to recognize their "maker" I guess. David also mentioned that the black goo from which he did his engineering with only attacks biotic matter, so an android doesn't mean shit to them.

However, I could see the next two movies leading up to David's death at the hands of his own creation. Just as David believes he's outgrown and become stronger than mankind, eventually he will create the xenomorph we see in Alien and it's not going to care that David was it's creator. Just like mankind, hubris will result in David's destruction.
>>
>>83022116
Her name is Eve
>>
>>83020244
>They'd be adapted to infect entirely different organisms and would be harmless to humans

Well seems like it wasn't the case
>>
>>83019627
I agree, for me Cameron killed alien. He turned the film into generic 80s action flick.
>>
>>83022331
well obviously it's the case in the film because the Engineers are genetically the same as humans
>>
>>83021769
But the second proto attacked the screen clearly showing David
>>
Why do you fags think Prometheus was a bad film?

Was it a great addition to the Alien fanchise? Probably not, but it was a great standalone film. The ending actually ruined it.

Twist endings in general are a joke.
>>
No, it had some flaws but I loved it.
>>
>>83022449
In games it's often demonstrated that aliens are smart enough to take out cameras & lights so maybe that's why
>>
>>83019575
/thread
>>
>>83016267
I really pity people like you.

Maybe one day you'll learn to appreciate film for things that are actually important, like cinematography, acting, thematization and characterization, and you'll stop sperging out over trivial things like how scientifically plausible speculative fiction is.
>>
That scene at the end where the Xeno walks into the terraforming bay was laughably bad
>>
>>83022867
There is literally no way to defend the captain putting his head right over an alien egg, just because David told him to look at it.
>>
File: IMG_0418.jpg (25KB, 336x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0418.jpg
25KB, 336x510px
>>83016027
I would honestly love to see those the Alien universe being built up ... but the things are seemingly taking the course of spin-off-ish way. Hope they bring in either smart ass writer or director who can take a charge of the overview of the universe (笑´・艸・)
>>
>>83022450

>but it was a great standalone film.

It's not a standalone film, since it was literally Alien with worse, unlikeable characters.

>spaseship lands on a rocky, inhospitable planet
>finds an ancient alien spacecraft
>one of the crew gets contaminated
>haywire android complicates things for no reason
>crew dies off one by one
>last girl defeats the monster and fucks off into space

WOWWWWWW SO DEEP BRAVA RIDLEY COMPLETELY ORIGINAL STANDALONE FILM
>>
>>83022883
The Xeno climbing down the ladder in the hallway was Alien 3 CGI shit.
>>
>>83022450
The bizarre-Giger concept of the fossilised space jockey fused with the ship turned out to be a tall blue guy in an elaborate space suit.
>>
>>83022949
>no way to defend a character doing something stupid
It's called "he's a fucking idiot". I don't understand why it's considered such a sin for a character to do something stupid or behave illogically and irrationally. Stupidity is abundant in reality. Try looking in a mirror.
>>
What rich from rlm said "Star Wars is actually very shallow and there's not much you can actually do with it" is more true about alien, they have tried to build on the first one but at he end of the day it's just a monster movie on a space ship
>>
File: Dan The Man.jpg (132KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dan The Man.jpg
132KB, 800x450px
>the real creative mastermind behind Alien dies
>couple of years later Ridley starts making new Alien films to cement his hold on the iconic sci-fi franchise
>films turn out to be George Lucas-tier perquel shit

wow what a surprise
>>
File: hi-wheat-852-8col.jpg (156KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
hi-wheat-852-8col.jpg
156KB, 620x349px
Time to settle this once and for all;

Is wheat man made or not?
>>
>>83023169
Didn't he made even worse AvP movies?
>>
>>83016241
The only correct order
>>
>>83021194
too bad there was no fucking tension
>>
>>83023226

No, he's credited only because of Alien characters and concepts. He's also credited in Prometheus and Covenant wich just adds insult to injury.
>>
>>83023371
Ronald Shusett wrote script of first Alien and AvP.
>>
>>83016241
>Krager not being a faggot for once
interesting
>>
<spoiler>a</spoiler>
>>
File: IMG_3129.jpg (1MB, 1065x1065px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3129.jpg
1MB, 1065x1065px
Daniels a cute. CUTE!!!
>>
File: alien queen.jpg (68KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
alien queen.jpg
68KB, 650x365px
>>83016241
Aliens > Alien > Alien 3 > covenant > ressurection > prometheus
>>
>>83016027
>even worse than prometheus

I enjoyed Prometheus but then again, I'm not an Alien franchise fanboy.
>>
>>83024099

>but then again, I'm not an Alien franchise fanboy.

good for you since Prometheus is the same movie all Alien movies are

>>83023039
>>
File: 1491863261616.jpg (282KB, 1242x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1491863261616.jpg
282KB, 1242x1179px
Ridley Scott re-crafted Covenant to blow normies and brainlet tier plebs the fuck out after they rejected even a small dose of red-pill in Prometheus.

Ridley :
Fine, you don't like Prometheus?
You don't like Red-pills?
Here's what happens to you brainlets in the future when trusted with the mission to colonize space :
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

> Are we going to build a cabin by the lake?
KEKKKKKKKK
>>
File: alien vs predator.gif (1023KB, 260x210px) Image search: [Google]
alien vs predator.gif
1023KB, 260x210px
Prometheus is the worst of the series. Cov would have been so much better without the worthless back story.
>>
>>83024393
Maybe he made the astronauts extra dumb in this to make a disparaging statement about American movie-goers.
>>
>>83016027
Logan and Scott emphasize, lacking originality, dread; they degrade the first film’s evolutionary mystery (which Jean-Pierre Jeunet also explored in the exquisite, languorous, and tense Alien Resurrection)
>>
>not even camrips out yet

it's like 20 euro for a cinema ticket ffs
>>
>>83023169
just hire the soda can to replace him

the real dan the man

d. schnider
>>
>>83024507
Prometheus added sense and space exploration to the concept. I liked it.

Finding the star maps, and reaching for that star, gave me chills. I like movies that combine ancient civilizations with aliens.
>>
Just came back from it. Really enjoyed it, the first non-shit Alien film since Aliens.

My biggest problem was that every really cute girl dies horribly, but at least Danny McBride survives...for now.
>>
>>83024522
Yeah, and hilariously this flew over their heads as did Prometheus' plot.

> Interracial couple
> Gay couple
> Christian
> Cowboy White guy

The whole crew are a bunch of Brainlet tier normies who are completely lost without being tethered to their non-brainlet captain.

This is the reason he off'd him at the open ...
To show how lost normies are without reasoned people.

He made them extra dumb this go around to drive the point home.. Absolutely blew them the fuck out and crafted lines in which David asserts they aren't worthy of living anymore.

The icing on the cake was the :
> Cabin by the lake comment

It's hilarious when you think that this is probably going over 90% of the viewers' heads. I expect the follow up films (devoid of brainlets) to get into the hard material.
>>
>>83023827
Too bad she's going to end up being Shaw 2.0.
>>
>>83025150
I legit hope not. I really loved her character.
>>
>>83016267
I too have seen the Half in the Bag review
>>
>>83016301
I know wheat that is!!!
>>
>>83024393
god what an embarassing post
>>
>>83023197
no it isn't. its one of the earliest species of grass that mankind has domesticated.
>>
I'd fuck Katherine Waterson
>>
>>83019575
>>83022705
Good taste
>>
>>83025660
Same. New waifu for me
>>
>>83023197
let me tell you about wild wheat.......
>>
>>83024543
Fucking stop being a poor nigger Jesus it's not that hard
>>
File: walter.png (305KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
walter.png
305KB, 640x429px
Press F
>>
Why are they allowed to divert a (I'm guessing) billion dollar, well thought out colony project to a planet discovered literally minutes ago.

This diversion adds 7 weeks of delay to reaching their eventual goal, yet when they arrive they can't afford to wait for an electrical plasma storm to pass so they can safely set down and communicate with the mother ship. The signal was sent at an unknown time, so rushing to save whoever is on the planet is retarded as they're either self-sufficient or have been dead for a long time.
>>
File: david.jpg (16KB, 231x320px) Image search: [Google]
david.jpg
16KB, 231x320px
>>83025531
Come again Normie? :
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/ridley-scott-admits-fan-backlash-over-prometheus-influenced-alien-covenant/

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/ridley-scott-says-prometheus-was-mistake
" due to an immense amount of complaining by fans (who for the most part seemed to prefer James Cameron's Aliens to Scott's original anyways), that expansive direction may be closed off forever."

Brainlet tier faggots didn't want to be intellectually challenged and wanted MUH MONSTAS (xenomorphs) AND CHIT so he delivered and blew them the fuck out ...
>>
>>83025958
Brainlet tier myopic normies....

If only the general burger movie goer appreciated intellectual cinema, maybe they might be reflected as such in films.
>>
>>83025979
And yet everyone will still forgive James Cameron, like they always do.
>>
File: billycrudup.jpg (36KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
billycrudup.jpg
36KB, 768x433px
Everyone of course making a big deal about the gay couple, but, I personally found it ballsier that they included a main character of faith, and didn't make him a total loser.
>Makes clear cut executive decisions to keep people alive
>Acknowledges when he's wrong
>"I met the devil when I was 8 years old and I never forgot"
>his death is the most significant in the movie, being that he spawns the first true xenomorph

Based Billy
>>
File: IMG_3137.jpg (940KB, 1920x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3137.jpg
940KB, 1920x675px
>>83016027
No, it's much better than a Prometheus and is best Alien movie under Aliens.

My problems with Covenant are the entire crew being underdeveloped expendables aside from Daniels, Oram, Tennessee and Walter. Also, the final act with xenomorph felt too much like retread of Alien unlike the rest of the movie and felt very tacked on and studio mandated.

Overall, Covenant is a 7/10 piece of Alien kino and I'm looking forward to Scott's next Alien movie if he doesn't kick the bucket before then. The next film should feature a smaller, more developed cast like the first Alien.
>>
>>83023837
Correct. Congratulations on not having shitty pleb taste like others have shown.
>>
>>83026102
His faith doesn't lead to anything. For good or not. It's irrelevant.
>>
>>83016027

>now that the dust has settled, can we agree this is the worst alien film? even worse than prometheus

Yes, also it made less in the box office during opening weekend than Prometheus did which means it's unlikely we'll see a another sequel, particularly since Prometheus only did so-so.

Prometheus made $51 million opening weekend, total domestic gross $126 million of which the studio gets ~60%.

Covenant did $36 million opening weekend, will at best end up around $100 million domestic of which the studio gets ~60%.

It did cost 'only' $100 million while Prometheus cost $130 million, but lets face it, Covenant will be yet another Alien movie which makes it's money back at best (depends largely on how much the marketing budget was), and that's it.

I think these prequels are done for, and the next movie in the franchise will be a straight-up Alien(s) reboot.
>>
>>83026141

>The next film should feature a smaller, more developed cast like the first Alien.

It won't because Ridley didn't write those characters, or anything in Alien at all.
>>
>>83016398
You're that type of critic that thinks playing devil's advocate makes you seem smarter, right?
>>
File: uuurk.png (416KB, 801x450px) Image search: [Google]
uuurk.png
416KB, 801x450px
>>83023827

You fucking kidding me ?

She has the looks and presence of some fucking extra on a murder scene, how the fuck they could follow up Sigorney Weaver and Noomi Rapace with her is a joke.
>>
>>83026102
He is depicted as a person with relatively weak faith desu desu thus why he overcompensates by being extra cold and is a bit of a dick.
Due to wanting to appear strong, he makes some very unintelligent decisions.

He knew it was the end of the line. He met the devil when he was 8... Seems he became fascinated with him because he allowed David to lead him on little by little. He wanted to see what the devil was cooking in the kitchen.
>>
>>83016862
Fast development has been a trait of the xenomorphs since the first movie. I'm not saying the writing wasn't lazy, but on that particular point they were staying true to the source material.
>>
File: dredd.jpg (53KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
dredd.jpg
53KB, 660x371px
>>83016267
>>
>>83026557
I have to agree.
I have never seen an actress that I would despise so much. She's terrible in everything.
>>
>>83026264
Hollywood needs to stop making low IQ movies.
Even brainlets are getting tired of it.

Less CGI/high budget flare and more intellectual plots and character development. Could have saved a couple million dollars just by extending the flashback scene and detailing what David came to know ...

I'm looking forward to going through the Art book.
>>
File: hot-woman!.jpg (199KB, 3356x1416px) Image search: [Google]
hot-woman!.jpg
199KB, 3356x1416px
>>83026763

This is a 10/10 in space
>>
>>83016027
No, Alien 3 and Resurrection are still worse.
>>
>>83025126
That actually makes a shitload of sense.
Especially considering the actions of crewmembers.

>audience wants loads of action
>first encounter has them panicking and getting themselves killed through ridiculous mistake after mistake

>every time they see something that looks alien they get too close to it and get contaminated

>people expect another girl survives ending
>David kills her in her sleep
>>
>>83026773

>Hollywood needs to stop making low IQ movies.

According to Scott, this is a 'thinking man's horror movie'...
>>
>>83016027
I watched AVP and AVP Requiem last night and I quite enjoyed them.
They're pretty bad, but fun to pass a few hours on if you just wanna see shit get killed.
>>
Prometheus > Covenant > Alien

Everything else is not canon.
>>
>>83016241
Alien >Prometheus > Alien 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aliens > Alien: Covenant > Alien: Resurrection

Ftfy. Don't worry, I'm sure you just slipped on your keyboard or something anon
>>
I really liked it. Better than Prometheus, best Alien since the original two.
>>
>>83026907
Alien 3 actually was a movie with an interesting plot, and Resurrection at least had some funny comedic relief with cripple guy and Pearlman
>>
>>83026844
My only hope is that this mess increases Siggy appreciation threads
>>
File: IMG_3139.jpg (40KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3139.jpg
40KB, 306x306px
>>83023827
>mfw you could see her nipples poking when they were chasing the ayy through the ship

wew
Tomboys like her make me weak
>>
>>83019813

This. I prefer the schlockier ones to 3. 3 is just a chore to sit through and the director's cut is even worse.
>>
>>83020528
God i hate this place...
>>
>>83016027
No FASSBENDER was the saving grace of this movie. Imagine if it was a movie driven only by story that an android has gone rogue? The alien aspect of this movie ironically was the worst b/c it was so hamfisted.
>>
>ridley
>sense
Should have hired robert rodriguez
>>
>>83022450

Prometheus is hated because nearly every line of dialogue is important to understanding it.

This is intolerable to the modern audience who must be able to understand a movie while only looking up at it every three minutes between status updates.
>>
File: IMG_2274.jpg (393KB, 1888x2193px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2274.jpg
393KB, 1888x2193px
>>83027129
Same
>>
>>83025979

Its really kind of sad to be honest. I think if Covenant is successful though we may get more lore.
>>
the worst part of the film is how retarded faris is

>OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR
>get scared and run for a gun
>blow up the dropship, doesn't even take out the neomorph

what a fucking idiot holy shit
>>
>>83026939
I think he meant that in way of a thinking man getting the overarching message of the movie and reflection therein....

I doesn't even appear that the majority here got it. Even when its stated people reject it.

So, in that way, he's correct.
It was a Low IQ movie that sent an ultimate message : This is what happens to our species at its current pace .. This is what we look like many years from now.. A bunch of normie brainlets on a mission to colonize space fucking it up who ultimately are judged not worthy of existing.

Same with the backdrop of "Interstellar"...

A more ultimate message and story could have been told in the films but the directors again had to dumb it down to social commentary.

Covenant was a social commentary movie.
Non-thinking men don't get this or dismiss it.
Why did he make a low-Q social commentary movie? Because low-iq brainlets rejected Prometheus.
>>
>>83027398
>women who aren't the designed survivor girl panic and are retarded in general
Nothing surprising
I laughed when she slipped on the blood too
That was just lazy
>>
>>83027254
Brainlet comicon faggots wanted MUH xenomorphs....
>>
>>83026141
>felt very tacked on and studio mandated

because it was both of those things and you can thank reddit for that
>>
>>83027398

>a human being on adrenaline is panicking when a fucking alien just burst out of the back of a crew mate.

It's easy to criticize people in a movie while we watch from our cushioned seats.
>>
>>83027270
> be me in theatre ...
> Covenant was written so even a toddler could parse it
> Have to listen to multiple people asking their partners every two seconds what's going on

I'm always amazed at the number of people who talk during a film. It's as they're incapable of being in their own heads for 2 hours as they enjoy a story unfolding. Then I'm reminded who movies are written for.
>>
>>83025979
>Prometheus
>Intellectually challenging
No.
>>
>>83026773

there is zero chance of this happening. Suicide Squad was a massive hit. Prometheus was a once in a lifetime event and Covenant a pleasant after shock.
>>
>>83027420

They rejected this one, too. It broke even with a 3 week old Marvel flick.

Maybe next time he'll try to make a decent movie instead of pretending he's smarter than everyone else. If people didn't like Prometheus, use the sequel to sure up/explain parts instead of pretending they didn't happen.
>>
>>83016027
"You blow, I'll do the fingering."
>>
>>83027475

As opposed to your calm and patient self.
>>
>>83027505
>a human with pilot's training to stay calm in intense situations so you don't crash a spaceship can't press a single button to open a door to save a crew member's life, and then ends up destroying the ship

pretty confident armchair observation really. she's a fucking idiot
>>
>>83027589

I was wondering the same thing in the theater. For normies who have probably never even watched Prometheus what are they getting from this?
>>
>>83020244
Why expose yourself to unnecessary risk, especially if you know there has been humans on the planet before you. Not to mention even if the atmosphere appears initially breathable there could be particles suspended in the air that could damage your lungs or cause other complication. This is just one in a gorillion of possible variables they did not (on screen at least) take time to foresee. At least explain why they didn't think they needed to isolate themselves from an alien environment. Explain why a ship full of humanity's brightest seem more akin to vagrant hobos. Or make scenarios as to where even space suits can't protect them. Regardless of how they prepare for the alien environment, they also acts completely downsy when it comes to handling the situation when its apparent people around them are extremely sick.

All of that said I enjoyed the main theme, and overarching story of the movie. Same as Prometheus. The issues being the same in that they behavior is unnatural and illogical.
>>
>>83016241
Swap 3 and Prometheus and I agree
>>
>>83027334
IMAGINE
>>
>>83027635
HR Giger would be proud
>>
>>83027352
Ridley's 80 years old. He mentions .. some more films coming .. Next possibly within a year and two months from now. Yeah, the interest will have disappeared by then imo.

A bold director needs to step up to the plate and tell a story about creation. It's about time a movie 'go there' instead of dick teasing across multiple films.

Prometheus laid the foundation and the normie idiots of the world rejected it.

Movies have become shit tier across the board.
An average episode of GOT is better than a 2hour movie. Hollywood's rotting on a stick IMO and fresh new directors aren't being given a chance. I've had enough of the social commentary and 1-D scripts.

This and the potential of maybe 3 other films excited me. I think I'm done for the year.

Looking forward to :
> Game of Thrones
> Mr.Robot Season 3
> Halt and Catch Fire
and some other shows.
>>
>>83016241
What a nigger opinion.

Alien=Aliens>Prometheus>Covenant>Resurrection>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alien 3
>>
>>83016690
Doesn't plant life allude to other living organisms?
Does this even really matter?
Are you autistic?
>>
>>83027669

Are you fucking retarded? She mumbles during the movie that she can't open it if its a contagion which could pass to others.
>>
>>83027883
they she shouldn't have let them onto the dropship at all

or as the theme of this thread, why did they take off their helmets?

no matter which way you look at it, she's retarded, and you're retarded for trying to justify her retardation as "you'd do the same" bitch you don't know me
>>
>>83016027
Really was worse than Prometheus from nearly every possible objective angle.

Character development? None.
Plot? Pants-on-head retarded.
>>Just look into this Alien egg sac for a second. Perfectly safe.
What?
Dialogue? Unbelievably stupid.
CGI/Visuals? Dull.

It's like Ridley Scott saw AlienS and decided to copy that and put his own spin on it.
>>Group of people go to investigate an alien planet based on a distress signal and only 2 people make it out alive.

The ONLY things Covenant did better than Prometheus was:
1. Explain where the xenomrophs came from
2. Actually show the xenormoph for more than 5 seconds at the end of the movie

That's literally it.
>>
>>83027602
Prometheus was a low dose red-pill.
It was rejected because it had portions of red-pill.
It was a litmus test.
Brainlets were upset at even 1/8th of a red-pill, so Ridley revised the direction of the follow on film.

It wasn't intellectually challenging for me.
I was quite satisfied with the dosage and expected Covenant to be a full red-pill. The majority won out and got Xenomorphs and CHIT and Ridley put a coded message in the film in which they were BTFO and deemed not worthy of existing.

Covenant was not what I expected. It only gave about 1-2 minutes of lip service to that. Hilariously, that part was a 'flashback' to Prometheus ... Another jab highlighting what this film could have been.

Ridley then has David say, O'well.. Yeah, so I decided to be a dickheaded emotion human after that and just fuck shit up.
>>
>>83027113
I love Sigourney Weaver. She will always be my favourite action movie female protagonist.
It's amazing how they made her so badass without denying her femininity. Like f.e. In Mad Max Fury Road (BTW I love this movie as well) Furiosa is awesome, but she's almost a guy, definetely looks like one. Meanwhile, Ripley is as cool as Furiosa, but you would actually go on a date with Ripley.
>>
>>83027603
God.. Suicide Squad was fucking cringe worthy.
-2/10.

> Prometheus was a once in a lifetime event
I feel like you're right.

In all honesty, I've seen some gems in my time, After the way this year's movies have been going, I'm done with the box office until they change their ways. Waste of time, money, and generally ends up being a disappointment. That being said, I'm happy that there are a good number of red-pilled intellectual shows and books.
>>
>>83028006
How exactly Prometheus was a "low dose red-pill"?
>>
File: 1484916744834.png (211KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1484916744834.png
211KB, 350x350px
ive been living under a rock

did they actually make another alien movie after Prometheus was so bad?
>>
>>83017506
this shit is worse in dark tower where he wont even fucking wear a hat are we really at that stage where a little consistency is too much to ask of hollywood
>>
>>83025979

>Brainlet tier faggots didn't want to be intellectually challenged and wanted MUH MONSTAS (xenomorphs) AND CHIT so he delivered and blew them the fuck out ...

LOL, Prometheus intellectually challenging ?? Are you fucking insane ?

The dumbest fucking characters have been selected for a special mission, characters so dumb that despite being presented as specialists, gets lost in a cave and cuddles with a unknown alien life form, tries to outrun a slooowly rolling spaceship by staying directly in it's direct trajectory.

Add to this some hacked together Alien creation lore that doesn't make any sense.

Intellectual like a Three Stooges episode.
>>
>>83028226
it gets better as it takes us closer to alien storywise

the tension was pretty good in this one too . people who say otherwise just couldn't get involved because they were hung up on Prometheus memes
>>
Covenant is one of the few times where i actually got upset in cinema.

Prometheus is a fucking masterpiece compared to it.

Scott is too old, his brain is rotting.
>>
The only logical ranking

Great movies
Alien
Aliens

Ok movies
Prometheus

Trash Compactor movies
Everything fucking else
>>
>>83016027

hahaha no

Prometheus was worse
>>
So was the beginning sequence something that David dreamed about? Why was is even in the movie?
>>
>>83028790
It's like the birth of Skynet, but more subtle.
>>
>>83020244
the most deadly diseases in history have been the ones who have adapted to living in different organisms.
>>
>>83016241
I feel like people only rate aliens 2 so high is because of nostalgia. I love the movie but if Aliens were to come out today, same story line obviously just different actors or whatever. You people would just shit on it and praise covenant.

Just admit you guys just like to bitch about movies, and dont really know what you like
>>
>>83023342
Fuck off Jay.
>>
>>83028882
Get the fuck out.

Some of best use of practicak effects in cinema which destroys most CGI shitfests today.

Aliens is 10/10 action remake of Alien.
>>
>>83022305
I almost thought they were going to have a xenomorph that evolved to consume the synthetic material of David. To me, that feels like a natural progression of this deep lore.
>>
>>83016599
This tbqh.

Even Alien Resurrection had better writing than Prometheus
>>
>>83029017
That wasn't the point I was trying to make. I love practical effects too, and think its unfortunately insanely underused today in turn for shit tier cgi. But storywise, I think if the movies were switched then the same people praising aliens and not covenant would feel the exact opposite, with their opinions only based on the nostalgia of it. I love Aliens too, I just can't agree with people shitting on covenant
>>
>tfw watched the two gay kissing scenes and the interracial shower scene with my father
>>
Move over faggots, this is the OFFICIAL Alien tier list. Any dissenting opinion are plebeians and can be disregarded.

Alien > Aliens > Predator > Covenant > Prometheus > Resurrection > Predator 2 > 3 > AVP > Predators > AVP Requiem

You're welcome.
>>
Imagine you've lived to see the peak of human technology and innovation, to the point where being the man to finally answer "why are we here" and "who is our creator" once and for all.
Imagine you've made it your life's work to answer this question for yourself and for all of humanity.

Now imagine because you were so desperate, so ambitious to be this man, and to answer this question, that your own creations race ahead of you with your foot in the doorway and sucker punch your creator in the face, then wipe out their entire species before they have a chance to even acknowledge you as their creation.
Your questions remain unanswered forever, you failed humanity in a way no one could ever have done before and will never be able to again, because you single-handedly ruined the one chance of achieving humanity's enlightenment.
And then your creation turns around and gives you this stupid faggot look.
>>
>>83028655
Nnnooo my god Jay sssaid there was noo tttension.
>>
File: devilish pepe.jpg (55KB, 600x760px) Image search: [Google]
devilish pepe.jpg
55KB, 600x760px
>>83029485
ABSOLUTELY DEVILISH
>>
>>83027398
My bigger concern was how they let this squirrel size shit knock them to the floor and rip them to shreds. How do you not just crush the frail thing.
>>
>Scientists don't helmets on a world they know LITERALLY NOTHING ABOUT and then having the fucking balls to make it a MAJOR PLOT POINT
>David kills all the Engineers for literally no reason other than a good trailer shot
>Trained scientists don't understand Containment Protocol and instead scream like babies
>Benny Hill level "oops I slipped" twice in one scene
>MUH GOD UNDERTONES
>Both twists were so obvious my wet farts could have predicted them
>Tacked on 20mins MUH ALIEN IN DA SHIP scene just so braindead retards can get nostalgia boners over MUH XENOMORPH and so they don't think it was boring
>Tacked on interracial agenda EVERYWHERE
>Somehow the ship doesn't notice a Xenomorph growing inside someone
>Somehow a cargo ship can penetrate a superstorm TWICE
>Character named Tennessee just to appeal to nostalgia tards
>Movie only exists as a bridge to ANOTHER SEQUEL

Thats literally off the top of my head. If you enjoyed even a second of this schlock you have the brain power of a piece of concrete
>>
>>83030147
>David kills all the Engineers for literally no reason
he unleashed the contagion on them to see what would happen with the morphing, then collected it all over time
>>
>>83016027
now that the dust has settled, did you get any in your jimmies?
>>
>>83025979

>making meaning of a movie famed by the horror of the unknown

they took it in a shitty direction no one wanted. dont take a IP and try to do something different
>>
https://youtu.be/klsy8PiscEw
>>
>>83016027
>can we agree this is the worst alien film?

Nah, that place is for Aliens.
>>
>>83030276
Point to where in the movie that is explained.

Leaving it up to people to make shit up is bad filmaking
>>
>>83016027
I enjoyed the core part of it, the vistas were great, the two-fassbenders-storyline was great. I also enjoyed the references.
Now some shit - all humans are unbelievably dumb, so dumb, that it is hilarious. The pacing was shit. Editing felt sloppy.
For me, mainly, its the characters who ruined the movie, and also the last 'alien 1 - wannabe' act of the film.
>>
>>83023837
>>83026203
Same faggot.
>>
>>83030720
no ones buying that anymore shillblue.
>>
File: Sigourney Weaver.jpg (241KB, 1045x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Sigourney Weaver.jpg
241KB, 1045x1600px
>>83028063
And she's a cute to boot!
>>
>>83030811
>no ones buying that shitty movie anymore shillblue.

You're right, fagpurple.
>>
>>83030767
he explains that he is trying to make the perfect organic organism when he's showing off his zoology experiments and all the stuff he found out about the contagion before asking oram to look into the egg. the bombs he drops are clearly the contagion.
>>
>>83028872
Jumping from one terrestrial organism to another is not as colossal a jump as it would be for something from another planet
>>
File: Queen_being_ejected.jpg (94KB, 1280x707px) Image search: [Google]
Queen_being_ejected.jpg
94KB, 1280x707px
>>83030720
This scene will always be cringe: the Queen screeching and wailing out in space.
>>
>>83020244
They came to a planet that literally had wheat growing.

How can you be sure that the life there is very different from humans?
>>
Second best Alien film, after the original. Fassbender was tremendous.
>>
>>83030945
Why would he kill them then when they clearly know more about it than he does?

Is their knowledge jsut worthless?
>>
>>83031461
David is just a curious motherfucker, and he does shit only to see what will happen. If you can't grasp that, you might have an extra chromosome or two.
>>
>>83031421
They'd already left the ship at that point, and it should be impossible for an alien planet to have organisms from Earth.

Only you know, it's the homeworld of an alien species that is genetically the same as humanity which no one but David knows about.
>>
>>83023039
pretty much this, as a movie Prometheus is mediocre as hell, but the concepts are interesting and I believe Alien: Covenant began to execute upon those concepts in a satisfactory way.
>>
It's the third best film in the franchise.

Having said that, it's not very good.
>>
>>83023197
clearly it was the food supply for the race of bald humanoids that were holocausted. I don't know why this part stumps people.
>>
>>83023837
>Aliens
decent action movie, Alien was far better in virtually every way, I don't get people like you
>>
>>83030147

I didn't really like the film and thought it had major flaws, but your list is wrong on numerous points.

For starters, they are colonists, not scientists. The people in Promethius WERE scientists, which made their retarded behavior even worse. But these people are just colonists. They knew the air was breathable and it was an earth like environment, just like the world they were headed for, in fact they specifically said it was better than the world they were headed for so that's why no helmets.

The women slipping, locking sick bay, and being retarded and shooting gas canisters in a panic was literally how 99% of women would behave in that situation. That was actually a realistic scene.

They explained about the cargo ship etc.

The movie has lots of real flaws to complain about, you don't have to grasp at straws, there are tons of real problems and bad writing.
>>
>>83032100
>The movie has lots of real flaws to complain about, you don't have to grasp at straws, there are tons of real problems and bad writing.
Start naming them then
>>
>>83031892

Alien is one of the best horror films of all time.

Aliens is one of the best action films of all time.

We have been through this. We discussed this. Whichever genre you prefer you will rank it higher than other people who don't.
>>
>>83031461
pretty much, yea. the most important question according to weyland was "where do we come from, who is our creator?" and david already knows his creator. so he already knows the answer to life's most important question: he is superior to all organic things in that regard.

so fuck em, let's see what the contagion does to an entire planet of organic things. it's a parallel to him entering the colonist slumber chamber at the end
>>
>>83016296
The guy was gay you retard, of course he wanted to touch the penis worm.
>>
>>83023197
>>83016027
Imagine being Protomorph in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Danny McBride, you fuckin' fierce, all delicious with your flabby body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally chase you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is thresh wheat on his farm. Like seriously imagine having to be Protomorph and not only try to break through that glass while Danny McBride flaunts his disgusting body in a pilot's chair, the favorable lighting barely concealing ounce of weed and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while perfected perfected his scared face. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking visage but Danny's attitude as everyone on set tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, DANNY LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been cultivating nothing but a healthy diet of Durum and hard winter wheats and later alleged rye grass for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies of you farm. You've never even imagined anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out from under his hat as he breaths in and out to writhe frightened at you, Danny smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "statuesque (for that is what he calls it)" beauty, the beauty he worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you squat there and endure, because you're fucking Protomorph. You're not going to lose your future harvest over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>83016027
as a cohesive piece of art it probably beats prometheus, for entertainment they are roughly the same
>>
>>83032196
>the most important question according to weyland was "where do we come from, who is our creator?"

Shaw*
>>
>>83032467
her too, but was referring to peter weyland before he makes david pour his tea
>>
>>83021769
Probably because they have a sense of smell and David doesn't smell like human or food.
>>
obviously david planned to use the contagion from the beginning

but the weird part is, he first asked to return shaw to earth. he was going to finish off humanity right from the start

so once shaw went into stasis, why did he continue to the engineer homeworld? he couldve easily changed course to earth
>>
>>83032100
>For starters, they are colonists, not scientists.

Right no geologists

Oh wait

You didn't watch the movie, did you?
>>
>>83029062
no its like humans are from engineers so humans creation destroys engineers, synths are created by humans so they create xenomorphs which destroy humans, synths created xenomorphs so whatever xenomorphs create should kill synths.
>>
>>83029301
Predator isn't an Alien film nor is it even canon in the alien universe anymore, because it David created Xenomorphs then Predators couldn't have been fighting them for thousands of years before they were created. Kys
>>
>>83032829
While I'm not doubting it, was there any evidence Shaw was in stasis on the Alien ship? I don't remember anything about that in either movie
>>
>>83032941
It was shown in the prologue
>>
>>83032936
(pleb)
>>
>>83032941
Its in a scene Ridley released on youtube before the official release called The Crossing.
>>
>>83033105
Ah thank you, I didn't see hat before. There sure is alot of cut scenes out there on youtube
>>
>>83022949
Didn't the film establish the Captain as slowly becoming unhinged since his wife died and the planet he was sure would cut the trip time down would be a great place to inhabit? Also, as a man of faith, and trusting David (a synthetic who was initially designed to be subservient to humans) he probably trusted David for a minute since David went, "Yeah, I'll show you everything, follow me."
>>
Boring, formulaic CGI-fest of a movie. It's Prometheus if you added in more uninspired death scenes, poor pacing (everything happens toon quickly), really underwritten characters with no depth and a twist that EVERYONE saw coming. The whole movie felt like it was leading up to something that it just never reached.

The action scenes are the same old shit you can find in AvP or Aliens but done in such a conventional way they're kind of a chore to watch. It's too bad because I really wanted to like this as I really didn't think Prometheus was awful (flawed and with terrible characters, but not awful).
>>
>>83016027
I liked Alien: Covenant.
>>
>>83016027
Yes.

Jesus it was bad.

Prometheus was great.

>be advanced alien civilization that traverses the universe
>doesn't have even a basic inter-planetary defense system for hijacked ships

Shit writing, really awkward tonal shifts, and completely desecrates Elizabeth Shaw's character from Prometheus for the forced, arbitrary survival of David, who miraculously recovers even though Shaw had absolutely no robotics expertise at all in the first film.

Movie was really fucking bad.

I'd rather watch Alien 3 over it. Not Resurrection, but definitely Alien 3.
>>
>>83016241
FINALLY, someone with the movies in the correct order!
>>
This was wayy better than prometheus. Less mind-blowingly dumb character decisions, same feel, great score, great acting, a decent ending. The only "con" is some of the cliched ways people are killed, shower, going to smoke, alone time, etc.
>>
>>83034729
>a twist that EVERYONE saw coming.

That wasn't a twist, retarded.
>>
>>83035192
I thought it would be a big dumb monster OMG XENOMORPHS DUUUDE!! movie.

Was delighted to be wrong. They were the product of David's doing, and a subplot to that main plot. David even helps them kill the main big bad xenomorph to complete his ultimate mission :)
>>
>>83023827
I prefer her with longer hair, but the nipple commando earned a spot in my heart, would build a cabin with her.
>>
>>83025126
>Yeah, and hilariously this flew over their heads as did Prometheus' plot.

Prometheus' plot was pretty obvious, it was the special-snowflakes that hated it, IE, the people thinking they were smarter than they actually were.

>>83024522
Except for the fact that Covenant wasn't written by Ridley, dumb retard.

Guess "American audiences" are more observant than you, huh?
>>
File: 1465321597958.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1465321597958.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>83016086
it was just plane bad
>>
fuck the xenomorphs, i want a corporate cyber-espionage thriller about W-Y competing for control on the edge of space with the other intergalactic corporations.

SHOW US THE SYNTH WARS
>>
>>83035192
>Less mind-blowingly dumb character decisions

>Hey, Walter, I thought you lost your other hand defending me? Wait, YOU'RE NOT WALTER!

>Hey, lets take a shower and have sex even though over half of our crew just died and some of them have likely been exposed to alien bacteria

>Lets have the crew split up on this alien planet where we found a strange signal coming from

>lets assume that we can colonize this planet that we know absolutely nothing about other than it has water and trees

Wow, much genius, really twists those screws.
>>
>>83016027
Parade Magazine ranks all eight films fwiw senpai:
https://parade.com/571477/samuelmurrian/we-ranked-all-eight-of-the-alien-films-including-alien-covenant/
>>
>>83016267
lets not even get into the wide variety of poor decisions made by the other crew members

>the doctor who basically freezes up when she should have treated the first guy who got sick, then bitches out and runs off instead of saving her friend
>the guard who was gonna take a piss...only to go smoke
>the people who continually went off on their own for no reason
>the lack of interest, fear, or wonder about a FUCKING SPACE SHIP in the jungle
>the captain who didn't stick to his fucking mission and just note down that -- for future reference-- there was a closer planet that *looked* promising but hadn't had years of research poured into it.
>nobody realizing David and Walter swapped roles even though that should've been obvious.
>the slipping on the same splash of blood twice
>nobody being remotely interested in the Necropolis or the engineers.
This film sucked. Glad I paid for the senior discount at the kiosk
>>
>>83035484
It was the right(meaning correct) hand man.
The sex scene was weird but hey fuck it
They split up because they all have different duties, also they obviously analyzed the planet before they arrived which how they knew they could breath without helmets, so it's not farfetched to think they knew they could Iive there.
>>
>>83035437
actually this. I want to know more about Weyland-Yutani.
>>
>>83035589
>also they obviously analyzed the planet before they arrived

They state that they'd researched the ACTUAL planet they were going to colonize for years.
>>
>>83035553

This. Why lie about something so trivial, that he didn't even need to lie about in the first place....
>>
>>83022883
I'm pretty sure that was mostly practical with some minor CGI enhancements. It just looked odd because we've never seen a xeno walk upright like that before.
>>
>>83035553
>the doctor who basically freezes up when she should have treated the first guy who got sick, then bitches out and runs off instead of saving her friend

She would have no way to approach an alien disease dude, she didn't bitch out she just quarantined the area which she should have done.

He probably hasn't been able to smoke in years as they were in cryosleep.

>the people who continually went off on their own for no reason

This one is actually stupid.

>the lack of interest, fear, or wonder about a FUCKING SPACE SHIP in the jungle

This one too.

>nobody realizing David and Walter swapped roles even though that should've been obvious.

It would not be obvious because David cut off his hand like Walter ,had his hair the same way, and switched outfits.

>the slipping on the same splash of blood twice

Two different people who were freaked the fuck out slipped on blood, its not crazy.

>nobody being remotely interested in the Necropolis or the engineers.

Yea this one is stupid too, presumably they found an entirely new civilization.
>>
>>83025195
Literally the same fate. Kek
>>
>>83035606
give guy pearce an actual movie. i want to see how a young Weyland learned from Tyrell and made his own place in the stars.

since bladerunner and aliens are in the same universe canonically, why not?
>>
>>83035553
You forgot to mention how Shaw was somehow able to re-connect David's head to his body, even though she had literally ZERO tools to work with.
>>
>>83016267
Consider this:

They very clearly established that the planet they were originally head to had been scouted 100%. They knew what to expect, they had the necessary tools to survive on that planet and were aware of the correct terraforming procedures.

Why would they have general all-around survival gear more fitting for an expedition that enters a completely unknown environment? Remember that they were only swearing spacesuits earlier, that does not mean they had some sort of rebreather masks on.
Also there's really no reason to believe some masks would have helped. I think the black goo going inside a nostril/ear was just do get some nice shots, or is the inside of the human ear/nose that much different from the rest of the body?

I think the explanation given in the movie is plausible enough, to not get so autistic about it.
>>
>>83035754
David acted nothing like walter, he was far more emotive. That should have alerted everyone.
>>
>>83025900
i'm not poor. i just have a kid. no way i'm taking this screaming monster to the theater to shit up everyone elses experience. if i could pay to stream from home i would.
>>
>>83035710
In the fucking movie when they find out about the broadcast they analyze the planet it's on, they bring up a graph of that solar system and zoom into that planet, then they say that it's habitable and has oxygen, so you're wrong.
Replay the scene or go see it again whatever idc but you're wrong and so is everyone else screaming about helmets.
>>
File: 1460920340921.gif (2MB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
1460920340921.gif
2MB, 348x323px
>>83035553
>buying senior ticket
and if its PG-13 and under, I go for child.
>>
>>83035754
>she didn't bitch out she just quarantined the area which she should have done.

No she didn't, as she literally opened the door after going to grab a gun, and then fired wildly all over the ship, blowing it to shit.

>He probably hasn't been able to smoke in years as they were in cryosleep.

So he needs to lie about that? It wasn't even hinted at.

>It would not be obvious because David cut off his hand like Walter ,had his hair the same way, and switched outfits.

It was still a "Hahaha, fooled you!" cartoon-esque ending.

Not him, but quit trying to make up justifications for obvious flaws. Prometheus didn't exactly have genius characters, but at least it was competently written.
>>
>>83027635

my theater started snickering
>>
>>83035815
He didn't even really speak enough or do anything for that matter until they got on the ship, he didn't even react when the Xenomorph was killed. He showed non of David's characteristics after the fight until the last moment. Also by everyone who the fuck do you mean, the 3 people in the tram which became 2 immediately after? It's almost as if you didn't see the movie.
>>
>>83035883
Did it ever enter your mind that the humans doing stupid shit was intentional? You do realize that having flawed character doesn't make it bad writing?

It was obviously to show a contrast between the synths and the humans, and is very clearly in line with the other themes of the movie.
>>
>>83035978
>humans doing stupid shit was intentional

There is a clear difference between arbitrary stupidity, and natural stupidity. In Prometheus, one guy took his helmet off to prove his point when everyone else told him not to.

In Covenant, you had the girl lock her "friend" in the room with the alien, only to walk back in with a gun, and then run away AND THEN slip on blood, like a fucking retard.

Do I even need to go into all the details as to how galactically fucking inbred fuck-stupid the entire David plot-line is?
>>
>>83035963
he moved his eyes far more than walter ever did. if that isnt an expression of emotion i dont know what to say
>>
>>83022867
This is true.

>>83022949
This is also true, but less important in lieu of everything mentioned here >>83022867

I often found myself wishing he'd be a bit more savvy, but then where would the film go? It's a movie. Implausible things have to happen.
>>
>>83036112
Again: there is nothing wrong about exaggerating something to make a point. Caricatures.

So far, you've only made points about how the movie is unrealistic. But you seem to lack the ability to actually say why is that unrealism bad. Even then, you don't remember things correctly:

>you had the girl lock her "friend" in the room with the alien,
No she, locked her in when she thought she was jut infected with a disease. She went in with the shotgun when she saw the Alien. See the progression:

Character thing it's just a disease, that can be cured so she quarantines her --> it turns out isn't just a regular disease and an actual hostile being is in the room with her, I.E and active threat --> she decided to do something now

It isn't that unreasonable, nor that hard to follow. Were you too focused on eatin popcorn when watching the movie?

>Do I even need to go into all the details as to how galactically fucking inbred fuck-stupid the entire David plot-line is?
Please don't.
>>
>>83036296
implausibility is fine. retardation is not
>>
>>83034729
I liked Covenant.
>>
>>83035883
>No she didn't, as she literally opened the door after going to grab a gun, and then fired wildly all over the ship, blowing it to shit.

She quarantined it first and when her friend started screaming and she saw the blood, she tried to save her friend like you said she should have.

>He probably hasn't been able to smoke in years as they were in cryosleep.

Well most people are negative about smoking so? This part isn't really important because he could have peed or smoked doesn't matter.

>It would not be obvious because David cut off his hand like Walter ,had his hair the same way, and switched outfits.

He's a fucking robot who looked exactly like the other one, what did you expect to happen? This has been a trope for years but this time it actually makes sense because they are physically identical.

I liked Covenant more but it did have flaws, it's just that your autistic sightings aren't any of them.

Prometheus:

>Geologist gets lost in a cave he mapped.

>A male-orientated medical robot doesn't remove uterus from female.

>The last crew member that dies could have just run in a different direction.

>3 characters all kill themselves when one person could have done it.

>Shaw repairs David for some reason(this is in Alien covenant but still)

>Unexplained intro with engineer touching black goo and dying that is never revisited.

>Black goo is inconsistent as hell

>How did David and Shaw pilot the ship without the pilot suit in Alien?
>>
Alien>Prometheus>AvP>>>covenant>>>>>aliens>>>>>>>alien 3
>>
>>83035484
>let's assume we can colonize this planet that we know nothing about other than it has water and trees

They ran a scan and called it similar to Earth though.
>>
File: 1494367325535.png (81KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
1494367325535.png
81KB, 400x397px
me > you
>>
>>83036302
>Again: there is nothing wrong about exaggerating something to make a point. Caricatures.

No, it's arbitrary, in order to make a certain amount of events happen before them. I predicted each and every single plot point 2, 3, 4, and even 30 minutes before they happened. The film was obvious, dull, and stupid.

>No she, locked her in when she thought she was jut infected with a disease

Which she got sprayed with, so instead of sealing themselves both in, she seals her friend in by herself, with the rest of the medical supplies, so even by your biased logic, her train of thought makes no sense.

>it turns out isn't just a regular disease and an actual hostile being is in the room with her, I.E and active threat --> she decided to do something now

Without knowing what it actually was, or what it was capable of, alone.

>Please don't

Why, because it'll cause in aneurism in that tiny brain of yours that thinks it's being "clever"?
>>
>>83036261
Nigger what? They just watched their entire crew die, one guy was convulsing with pain and wasn't just looking at David, Tennessee was literally piloting the ship, and Daniels just looked at his arm and outfit. Nobody would be staring at David/Walter's eyes and even if they did it could just be because they are all injured and it's an analytical robot. You don't know what to say.
>>
>>83016027
Alien > Aliens >> A:C >> Prometheus > A3 >>>>>>>>>>> everything else.
>>
>>83036539
are you serious? one of the most important things about human communication is eye contact. they should notice that "walter" was more animate than before they took off.
>>
>>83036409
>She quarantined it first and when her friend started screaming and she saw the blood, she tried to save her friend like you said she should have.

Except she didn't, and she didn't quarantine herself either. She was being irresponsible AND dumb. Durr.

>Well most people are negative about smoking so?

Even though the one guy was chomping on a cigar while they traipsed through the forest? WOW DOOD, you're literally blowing my mind with them chromosomes.

>He's a fucking robot who looked exactly like the other one, what did you expect to happen?

The second "Walter" stepped out of the ruins before the ship arrived, it was one of the more obvious things in film that I'd seen. Then again, as a writer, it's pretty fucking easy to spot plot-points like that. It was really lazily done as a matter of fact.
>>
You will never build a cabin with a tomboy by the lake and live with her.

Feels bad
>>
>>83036480
>Pepe is wearing mandals
It's the little details
>>
>>83017456
yes, because this script is shit

thats his point
>>
>>83036333
Yeah, but see I realized just a moment after he looked over the edge that there are multiple ways to justify him peering into the Facehugger's incubator, and I let it go and enjoyed myself because I'm not a cunt who wants things to be bad.
>>
>>83036516

>No, it's arbitrary, in order to make a certain amount of events happen before them. I predicted each and every single plot point 2, 3, 4, and even 30 minutes before they happened. The film was obvious, dull, and stupid.

Congrats you didn't like a movie that most people did.

>Which she got sprayed with, so instead of sealing themselves both in, she seals her friend in by herself, with the rest of the medical supplies, so even by your biased logic, her train of thought makes no sense.

She didn't get sprayed with the disease dude, she got spayed with bodily fluid, the disease was microbial and the girl was with him along the way so it was more likely that she had as opposed to Tennessee's wife.

>Without knowing what it actually was, or what it was capable of, alone.

She was in a life-endangering situation of course she wasn't thinking straight, she just wanted to kill whatever the threat was, think about what it really was later.

>Why, because it'll cause in aneurism in that tiny brain of yours that thinks it's being "clever"?

Nobody thinks it's clever, he just doesn't want to have to read whatever the fuck comes out of your head.
>>
>>83036610
HUMAN COMMUNICATION???? THEY ARE BOTH FUCKING ROBOTS MOTHERFUCKER, NOTHING EITHER OF THEM WERE DOING WAS HUMAN LIKE AT ALL. DURING EVERY CONVERSATION THEY WOULD BOTH JUST STAND THERE. The only noticeable difference was the outfit and lack of hand.
>>
>>83036849
getting sprayed with blood isnt contagious? wow.
>>
>>83036908
its stated multiple times that those robots were created in a human image because humans are more comfortable interacting with something that resembles themselves. of course human communication rules would apply. if they didnt then david wouldnt have worn the suit in prometheus
>>
>>83036694
>Then again, as a writer, it's pretty fucking easy to spot plot-points like that. It was really lazily done as a matter of fact.

This. I knew it was going to happen, and realizing it, almost wished it hadn't. But I'm not autistic, so it doesn't bother me that much.

>Even though the one guy was chomping on a cigar while they traipsed through the forest? WOW DOOD, you're literally blowing my mind with them chromosomes.

You're missing that anons point, fag, the transition in that scene doesn't really matter because he could have taken a piss off screen and sat down to smoke. If it bothers you, you're autistic.

>Except she didn't, and she didn't quarantine herself either. She was being irresponsible AND dumb. Durr.

That chick was freaking out. She's a doctor, yes, but she's also a human being. Like that anon said, she did have quarantine in mind, and she did grab a gun to go back and help her friend. If you think otherwise, you're not just autistic, you're a retard too.
>>
>>83036409
>geologist gets lost in cave he mapped
Didn't they say it wasn't fully mapped?

>male-orientated medical robot doesn't remove uterus from female
Well, if we're going with technical details that are purely hypothetical, as in, "you don't even know if that should've happened", then how about Walter not being knocked out due to the neutron flare?

>Unexplained intro with engineer touching black goo and dying that is never revisited.
That's an establishing shot that's meant to symbolize both the beings that supposedly made contact with humanity, and their methods of creation....Which is why it shows DNA building from the molecules....Because...You know..."Prometheus".....Kind've really fucking obvious, you brainlet.

Also in A:C

Rest of the shit I have no idea what you're referring to.
>>
>>83022867
But it's completely ridiculous that they'd do that. It breaks immersion for me. It almost equivalent to a astronaut taking of his helmet in space. It just wouldn't happen. Not to mention (in Prometheus) the crew were written more like construction workers than astronauts. Stop defending garbage
>>
>>83036961
>vague generalizations and disregarding things that you also agreed with

Ayyyyy, nice meme.

>>83036849
Literally a dumb faggot.

Kill yourself. Or just watch the movie again.
>>
>>83036694

Except she didn't, and she didn't quarantine herself either. She was being irresponsible AND dumb. Durr.

How didn't she? Explain your thoughts boy, she wasn't fucking with them in the woods where they got the disease, she knows it wasn't digested because the other girl told her, so of course she wouldn't quarantine herself, she's least likely to get whatever the fuck it is.

>Even though the one guy was chomping on a cigar while they traipsed through the forest? WOW DOOD, you're literally blowing my mind with them chromosomes.

Okay you're right about this one if what you say is accurate. But like I said this scene doesn't matter as it was just a vehicle for him to get the disease.

>The second "Walter" stepped out of the ruins before the ship arrived, it was one of the more obvious things in film that I'd seen. Then again, as a writer, it's pretty fucking easy to spot plot-points like that. It was really lazily done as a matter of fact.

It was obvious because you are watching a fucking movie, I'm not even saying it wasn't obvious to me.

However it wouldn't be obvious if you were in the situation because he didn't just step out, he was wearing what Walter was wearing, he was missing the hand Walter was, he had Walter's haircut and he was running full speed to get on the ship.

Try harder.
>>
>>83036610
Not while they're coming down from one adrenaline rush and moving into another not even 24 hours later (i don't care if it was actually longer either, the point is, you're being fucking autistic about this because they were reasonably stressed out and didn't have enough time to care about minute details like that).
>>
>>83036849
>She didn't get sprayed with the disease dude, she got spayed with bodily fluid, the disease was microbial and the girl was with him along the way so it was more likely that she had as opposed to Tennessee's wife.

Just stop.
>>
>>83027635
When I watched this scene, I was hoping to god no faggots would snicker. Instead the whole fucking auditorium giggled like a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>83036911
She didn't ingest the blood, it sprayed on her shirt which she changed off screen before she went back to the window. She doesn't know if the girl got the disease but she knows she didn't ingest anything.
>>
>>83037148
ok then lets say they didnt notice those cues. Why would they ignore the fact that he began ignoring them while they were in the ship hunting the alien? and just go back into cryostasis after EVERYONE didnt want to go back to sleep?
>>
>>83037099
>Vague generalizations
Literally when

>Even things you agree with.
I only agreed that it was a generic move.
Generic things aren't necessarily bad.
>>
>>83036957
Rewatch the movie, neither of them were communicating like humans whatsoever aside from sharing a language, they stand stiff, neither of them move their hands when speaking, they don't change their tone of communication, and they even eat weird.
>>
>>83037118
>However it wouldn't be obvious if you were in the situation because he didn't just step out, he was wearing what Walter was wearing, he was missing the hand Walter was, he had Walter's haircut and he was running full speed to get on the ship.

It would be obvious if you (Daniels) witnessed Walter and David fighting, and knew David was a synth-chotic genocidal monster. It amazes me that she didn't try that "log cabin" dialogue when he was on board to begin with just to test to make sure if it was really him.

There's even a precedent for other films doing exactly like the above, but they opt out of it so that David can be the cartoon villain he was destined to be.
>>
>>83037223
confirmed for never having watched the movie. The blood got all over her face. try harder.
>>
>>83037290
david is more expository. walter gives brief explainations. thats quite a large difference.
>>
>>83037223
>sprayed on her shirt

Is that why it sprayed all over her face?
>>
>>83037259
They had to go back into cryostasis eventually; whether they wanted to or not didn't really matter since they had a 7+ year trip ahead of them whether they were heading to the colony or not.

>Why would they ignore the fact that he began ignoring them while they were in the ship hunting the alien.
He didn't ignore them. He wasn't immediately responsive, but he was helping them out the whole time.

>BUT WHY WASN'T HE IMMEDIATELY RESPONSIVE
>Maybe synths need time to think too. After all, this is a new situation for Walter.

You can try as hard as you want, but you're just being unreasonable at the end of the day.
>>
>>83037384
I think you're giving the film far too much leeway.
>>
>>83036516
>t. I didn't want to enjoy the movie and I didn't so take that, ha ha.

you have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>83037413
That's good. I'm going to keep doing that, because I enjoyed it. I don't ever want to become someone like you.
>>
>>83036989

>Didn't they say it wasn't fully mapped?

They were in a part that mapped then they walked somewhere it wasn't, that's their fault. Also the drones should have been able to map any where the humans could have feasibly walked because they were moving and mapping faster than they were walking.

>Well, if we're going with technical details that are purely hypothetical, as in, "you don't even know if that should've happened", then how about Walter not being knocked out due to the neutron flare?

Like I have previously said Covenant did have flaws and this is one of them but it's possible that Walter had an insulated battery.

>That's an establishing shot that's meant to symbolize both the beings that supposedly made contact with humanity, and their methods of creation....Which is why it shows DNA building from the molecules....Because...You know..."Prometheus".....Kind've really fucking obvious, you brainlet.

It didn't show any creation or contact with humans, and I'm not even sure it said it was earth but whatever.

Okay? It was just continuing something established in Prometheus.

Weyland's daughter dies because she could run out of the way of the spaceship.

The three minority characters all die because "they needed to make sure the goo didn't go to earth" however it only required one of them.

The black goo is inconsistent, it was shown to kill the engineers but then it just turns the guy into a zombie, and then it goes on to make that alien baby child in shaw.
>>
>>83037496
>lmao, just shut ur brain off mang

If this were a stoner comedy, I'd consider that advice. But it's not.
>>
>>83037552
>it didn't show any creation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHpJr7_5Mjg

His body literally breaks down and then reforms into DNA strands.
>>
>>83037307

>It would be obvious if you (Daniels) witnessed Walter and David fighting, and knew David was a synth-chotic genocidal monster. It amazes me that she didn't try that "log cabin" dialogue when he was on board to begin with just to test to make sure if it was really him.

What? How would him being genocidal and crazy tell her who would win, if anything she should have known it was David simply because his scares didn't heal, Walters did, but that is most likely why she thought he won the fight because he is self healing.

David shouldn't be the villain but your criticisms are inaccurate.
>>
>>83037656
>How would him being genocidal and crazy tell her who would win

Are you just ignoring the logical train of thought on purpose, or are you unaware that you're doing it?

She left without knowing if Walter killed David. Suddenly, she sees "Walter" running down to join them. Knowing they are both identical, she wouldn't be the least bit paranoid that he killed him and made himself presentable like Walter?

Yea...."inaccurate".
>>
>>83037309
>>83037373
Go watch the teaser trailer has the scene in it, she has none of that shit on her face, and it was literally the scene used in the movie.

The random liquid shit got sprayed on the left side of her top.
>>
>>83037338
David wasn't talking to either of them extensively during the last part of the movie.
>>
>>83037859
you dont need to talk to someone extensively to understand that they're acting different. especially when said person should NEVER change behaviour.
>>
>>83037826
Confirmed for never having seen it.

I just came back from the theater dipshit, it gets sprayed all over her face. Quit making up bullshit.
>>
>>83037819
>Adolf Hitler would beat Jackie Chan in a fight because he's genocidal

Do you understand how that is dumb?

Walter should have won the fight and is most likely still on the planet because as shown in the movie Walter can self-heal.

>She left without knowing if Walter killed David. Suddenly, she sees "Walter" running down to join them. Knowing they are both identical, she wouldn't be the least bit paranoid that he killed him and made himself presentable like Walter?

Well when you consider the fact that he looked exactly like Walter, talked like Walter and had the same missing arm and also helped her you can realize he was being rather convincing.

But you're autistic.
>>
>>83038037
>Do you understand how that is dumb?

Yes, I do, because you're being an obtuse retard about the point I'm making because it'll break the single strand holding this film together in your thoughts and you're determined not to let that happen.

At least, that's the only way I can reckon you acting this stupid on purpose.
>>
>>83037927

There was nothing descriptive about anything said after the Walter/David fight, he didn't even change behavior. There was no staring longingly into anyones eyes, no monologues about existence, no reaction to the Alien's death, seems pretty much like Walter.
>>
>>83038037
>Well when you consider the fact that he looked exactly like Walter, talked like Walter and had the same missing arm and also helped her you can realize he was being rather convincing

And yet she goes into full panic mode when he takes 1 second too long to make a reply about building a log cabin.

Pure pottery.
>>
>>83037935
It literally didn't but if you wanna believe it did fine with me.
>>
>>83038117
walter was pretty terse. any exposition that isnt the bare facts would have been out of character for walter. as such people should at the very least been suspicious about a software malfunction and downright frightened at the possibility of an impersonation.
>>
File: Untitled.png (708KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
708KB, 1366x768px
>>83038159
>>
>>83038147

Because he showed he didn't know about the log cabin which she discussed with Walter before. That's not behaving differently, that's not knowing something that someone else should.
>>
>>83038159
>to prove that blood didnt get on her face im going to post a pic proving that the blood got on her face
lmao
>>
>>83038217
>Because he showed he didn't know about the log cabin which she discussed with Walter before

Which shows she's a fucking idiot for not having even thought of the slightest possibility that an identical looking android could impersonate one another.
>>
>>83038090

>Yes, I do, because you're being an obtuse retard about the point I'm making because it'll break the single strand holding this film together in your thoughts and you're determined not to let that happen.

It won't break shit, but I'm not gonna let you spout bullshit that isn't true. It is believable that Walter could have won the fight simply because they are both(seemingly) physically the same, but we know that Walter can self heal so Walter should have definitely won. So when you see a robot that looks and talks like that robot your trust, you believe it.
>>
>>83038341
>but I'm not gonna let you spout bullshit that isn't true

So acting like a retard is going to prevent that?

>spout bullshit that isn't true

So, David didn't come running out from the ruins impersonating Walter? Now you're just being confusing.
>>
>>83038211
>>83038220
>it gets sprayed all over her face.
>Is that why it sprayed all over her face?
>The blood got all over her face
There is barely any blood on her face, also that blood came from his back when the Alien came out of it, the other fluid came from his mouth and there was way more of it.
>>
>>83038433
>going from no blood
>to "barely any blood"

Here's a fun fact, it can take a single molecule of blood to transfer an infectious disease.

Here's another funfact: she didn't know it was an alien until after she locked her in.
>>
>>83038433
are you a complete retard? you do realize that a SINGLE DROP of blood is contagious?
>>
>>83038424
>So, David didn't come running out from the ruins impersonating Walter? Now you're just being confusing.

You know that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that it isn't far fetched at all to believe that with the way David presented himself that the crew could have been bamboozled.

Just because you can't run something through your autistic brain doesn't mean it isn't plausible.
>>
File: IMG_1627.png (605KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1627.png
605KB, 1136x640px
>you hear that?
>what?
>nothing
Jesus Christ really?
>>
>>83038510
>You know that's not what I'm saying

Oh, sorry, I thought we were now obfuscating our original premises in order to be snide and bitchy.

>Just because you can't run something through your autistic brain

>>83038341
>but I'm not gonna let you spout bullshit that isn't true

Whatever you say, autistic kiddo.
>>
>>83038510
>I'm saying that it isn't far fetched at all to believe that with the way David presented himself that the crew could have been bamboozled

Just like it's not implausible that Prometheus was a better film.
>>
>>83038477
The spikes from the Aliens back poked through the guys back spraying the blood on her face, also I said that she didn't digest any of it and that it didn't get sprayed "all over her face", the little amount of blood on her is on her forehead. The other darker more plentiful fluid got sprayed on the left side of her chest before she quarantined them in the room.
>>
I'm only going to see this for Danny. How big of a role does he play?
>>
>>83038619
Agreed. There are problems with both films but I personally believe Alien Covenant is better, and that's subjective.
>>
>>83038643
Wow, that's quite the explanation for an unknown alien organism that could very well be transferred just from skin contact....Oh, hey, in fact, the airborne illness they got literally dug in through their skin!
>>
>>83038643
all it takes is 1 drop of blood to hit her eye and she couldve been infected with an alien disease. as she was a doctor she shouldve known this and immediately quarantined herself. in addition to this the human skin is quite absorbent and just getting the blood on yourself is enough to be infected.
>>
>>83038590
Ok nice response to my argument.
>>
>>83038643
>>83038714
actually, ingestion wouldnt be good because the stomach acid would destroy the blood so the only method of infection is inhalation or skin contact.
>>
>>83038646
literally first one to die 20 minutes in
>>
>>83038717
>y-y-you're just an autistic faggot that can't wrap his brain around it!

>refuses to actually refute my statement of how the characters don't act paranoid about the situation

Nice response to my argument.
>>
>>83038714
>>83038704
She obviously didn't know about the airborne illness that got in through their skin and she wasn't; even the medic, the other one was, she was the lander for the ship they were on hence why she didn't go with them on the expedition.
>>
>>83038758
That is Dave Franco but whatever, Danny McBride doesn't die at all.
>>
>>83038844
stop lying
>>
>>83038818
>the man was obviously sick.
>blood contact is potentially contagious.
>on an alien world.
>is a doctor.
As i said one single drop of blood = infection. What kind of shit doctor doesnt quarantine herself when she gets blood sprayed on her face in this situation?
>>
>>83038818
>didn't know about the airborne illness

Yes, just like she didn't know that the blood wasn't infected with something. Which, if she didn't think that, destroys her whole argument for locking in her crewmate.
>>
File: IMG_1628.png (504KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1628.png
504KB, 1136x640px
Why did people dislike Prometheus?
I just saw it and thought its great, 2nd best
>>
>>83038782
Why would they be paranoid? David hadn't even tricked them at that point and David was acting exactly like Walter.
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.