[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally got around to watching this, what do we think of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: Space-Odyssey[1].jpg (340KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Space-Odyssey[1].jpg
340KB, 1920x1080px
I finally got around to watching this, what do we think of it?
>>
>>83013844
>literally having no mind of your own
wew lad
>>
Incomprehensible on first viewing. Please watch it again.
>>
We thought it was boring as fuck but we like to pretend it was a master piece to impress a bunch of anonymous people
>>
>>83013857
we're all one organism anyway
>>
We thought it's the best movie of all time.
>>
>>83013880
yeah sure we are all just pretending to like it it's a prank lmao even Kubrick is smugly smiling in his grave what a great prank he pulled off spot on anon you surely aren't using the "pretending" card as a defense mechanism because your brain couldn't comprehend or process the film
>>
>>83013844
Mesmerizing.
>>
2001:A Space Odyssey is quite simply the worst thing to happen to cinema ever. Its forced profundity has caused millions of people all over the world to force themselves to like what is quite simply nothing more than an exercise in style.
Kubrick has no idea what he is doing here. His film jumps around with little to no sense of unity. The great film makers of the world create a series of events that contain clarity of information, something Kubrick couldn't bet his life on.
What is the purpose of what is going on here? Is there any coherent message? I have heard suggestions that it is Kubrick's message about the future of humanity, but what future is that? Does Kubrick even know?
This is Transformers for the art house crowd. Pure style over substance. Nobody actually likes this film, they just like to be seen liking it.
>>
>>83013844
Beautifully crafted
>>
File: braap.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
braap.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
*heavy breathing*
>>
>>83013880
I disagree. The special effects of 2001 is amazing and the story get much mor interesting when HAL is introduced.

But The weakest part of the movie seems to be the interactions in the spaceship before the monolith voyage.
>>
>>83014154
You have to admit the special effects still holds up to this day.
>>
>>83014950
It feels like it was made yesterday, not just the effects but the whole direction of it.
>>
>>83013844
>we
Wrong website you piece of shit. Get out.
>>
>>83015067
what do we think of this post?
>>
>>83015028
I suppose you are correct since modern visual media uses digital effects and less practical effects.
>>
>>83014154
Give up, kid. You'll never get it.

It was a great film IN IT'S TIME.

It really boils down to the fact that actual space travel was new in the 1960s, and people were awed by both the concept, as well as the journey itself.

This film was released in a time where people actually had a genuine sense of wonder, and a genuine hope for the future of mankind. The general population was more intelligent then; more educated, more cohesive, and more caring.

The rise of the jewish-led counter-culture, and the riots of 1968 and beyond ruined all of that. The world today is a much different world than the one this film came out of. It's really a shame it all fell apart the way it did. Now all of our wonderful ideals are constantly trashed by whores, faggots, and jews, and the minds of our youth are poisoned by the intellectual garbage they continue to produce.

So no. You'll never understand it. It's just one of those cases where you really had to be there.
>>
>>83016482
If you've cast off the shackles of modern living you can capture the spectacle.
>>
>>83014067
>he's not smugly smiling with Kubrick
stay pleb
>>
>>83014067
Kubrick pranked us by making a well crafted movie! That smug jerk!
>>
So was HAL God?
>>
>>83016482
It's still great you pleb
>>
File: IMG_1141.png (218KB, 1086x813px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1141.png
218KB, 1086x813px
>>83013844
>>
>>83013844
its a bit meh, the cinematography is on point tho
>>
>>83020661
yeah this it fuckin sucks desu
>>
>>83013920
Technically, no.
>>
>>83013880
LOL. "boring". Even when I first watched it at age 14 or so I was mesmerized by it.
>>
>>83014154
Dude, anyone who's seen A Clockwork Orange or The Shining knows that Kubrick can do clarity of information and tight plotting when he wants to. 2001 is the way it is because Kubrick wanted it that way, not because he was incompetent.
>>
>>83014154
>Nobody actually likes this film
I do.
>>83016482
You seem to have confused this board with the one where people take your alt-right crap seriously
>>
>>83014154
How did this film force anybody to like it?
>Kubrick has no idea
That's like your opinion man.
>Clarity of information
Not nessecary.
>I need a message
Pleb.
>This film is like Transformers, nobody actually likes it, they just like to be seen liking it.
Wat?
>>
>>83021604
You seem to be a communist.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>83021347
fuck you
>>
>>83021604
People on all sides believed those things long before the alt-right was even a thing.
>>
>>83021810
Nope, I'm a classical liberal. I hate lefties and I hate people like you, too.
>>
Who were the two teleporting guys you see at the end?
>>
>>83013864
False, I comprehended it...
>>
>>83022975
prove it
>>
>>83020549
BRAVO, KUBRICK
>>
>>83013844
It's was okay, it's just needlessly padded out.
>>
>>83013844
The part near the end with the screen changing colors over and over was a massive waste of time. Maybe back when the film was released it was considered impressive or something, but now it just seems stupid. Should be cut.
>>
>>83024345
this, they should also cut out one of the scenes where they're in space and all you hear for like 25 minutes is breathing
>>
File: alien Room.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
alien Room.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
best part is when the aliens trap him in this room forever
>>
>>83025086
I thought that was pretty atmospheric and gave a good sense of how vulnerable you are when you're floating in space. They did drag on a bit but I think it was fine
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.