[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it KINO? The best TEDx Speech ever delivered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: sam-hyde-ted-talk.jpg (29KB, 472x354px) Image search: [Google]
sam-hyde-ted-talk.jpg
29KB, 472x354px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFhR1fKWG0
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>The second thing that inspires me are ideas. Ideas are amazing. Ideas are like currency. Ideas are what drives the world. Ideas are what we need to get to the next stage. And not just great inventions like the train, little things like this microphone that enables me to speak to the unwashed masses. Ted talks, Ted talks are another great idea.

>Where would we be right now? And we have to talk about it because great ideas don’t come in all shapes and sizes. 9/11, September 11th. And we’re going to use some reverence here and not be silly about this, but look at what they accomplished with no weapons and just 11 guys who didn’t even speak English. And that proves that sometimes great ideas are actually horrible ideas.
>>
>>83012783
>Now we looked at the data, we looked at the data and what we found surprised us. What we found, right there, what we found was that culture is a sewer. We’ve got lewd media, we’ve got nasty bedroom things on TV. And they’re sexualizing young girls and it’s getting to the point where even I have a problem with it. And that, it shouldn’t be that way.
>>
>>83012733
>>83012783
>>83012833

High art?
>>
The only legitimately funny thing Sam has done. That 9/11 joke was gold.

>So we looked at the data.
>>
File: 1487735393650.png (2MB, 1917x936px)
1487735393650.png
2MB, 1917x936px
You know what else won't be a problem in 20 years? The elderly and the disabled.

Cause we're just gonna kill 'em!
>>
>>83013164
>The only legitimately funny thing Sam has done.
this.
>>
>>83013164
>>83013293
Can't disagree with that, but it's still beyond amazing
>>
>>83013164
These were great too.

https://youtu.be/IyE78eyFRa8
https://youtu.be/9Hkov3QcCpQ
>>
>>83015462
An Inconvenient Anime is one of my favs
>>
>>83015462

>not posting inconvenient anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVDDnDzpoHM
>>
File: sam.png (306KB, 626x595px)
sam.png
306KB, 626x595px
>>83012868
Most definitely.
>>
>>83012733
>>83012783
Sam comes off as highly unstable but his TED talk was on another level of complete mastery. A soliloquy of hatred for vapid, easily consumed "wisdom" that gives people their thoughts rather than, if you'll forgive the term, really making them think.
>>
>>83012733
So where is he now?
>>
>>83012733

So many TEDx talks are just 8 minute speeches about thinking positively lol.

Why.
>>
buy his fucking book you faggots
>>
>walk with me
>walks backwards

everytime
>>
>>83015735
>Absorbing popular wisdom through mass media is bad, guys. You need to start thinking for yourselves
>Immediately starts parroting popular wisdom about how children can't possibly understand anything about sex or sexuality and pedophiles are the devil
Rly maeks u think.
>>
>>83012733
Its the only funny thing he has done.
>>
Honestly, I watched about 3 minutes, and realized at that point, if I was in the live audience, I would have gotten up and made sure he saw me leaving.
>>
>>83012733
This is Sam's greatest moment for sure.

He'll never top it. Though his anime talk is also good.
>>
>>83017874
I think his Rutgers talk is better. It's not as structured but the audience and material makes up for it.

>you're a genius
>you're a genius
>you're a genius
>you're a genius
>you're a genius
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.