[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Young Sheldon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: why.jpg (49KB, 663x476px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
49KB, 663x476px
Humanity has jumped the shark.
>>
not sure how this will work. Even though Big Bang Theory is pretty mediocre stuff, Sheldon is at times funny because he's a big autist acting like a child. the only reason he is popular is because he is like a big child

Watching a sitcom of a child acting like a child but is smart doesn't sound very appealing
>>
>already 2 threads that lasted more than a day

Why must you people keep talking about this?
>>
>>83007874
>hating /OurShow/
>>
>>83007960
The child doesn't act like a child because he's an autist. Watch trailer
>>
>>83007874
So it's a show about a kid with Aspergers, presumably getting bullied by other kids, his popular twin sister and their drunken abusive father?

That doesn't sound very funny
>>
>>83007982
because FUCK THIS SHOW
>>
>>83007874
BAZINGA
>>
Will there be an episode where he travels to New Jersey to see a lecture by a famous neurosientist, where he meets her short, dorky son?

Then at the end of the episode Sheldon says something like "well thank goodness I'll never have to see him again" as the credits roll?
>>
>someone thought that's a great idea

this show is going to bomb so hard
>>
>>83008142
It will absolutely get a second season
>>
>>83007982
its nice it melds alot of the things tv complains about (popular shows, popular show spinoffs, memes, meme actors, trump, lgbt, etc)
>>
They're actually just naming it Young Sheldon? Seriously, what the fuck is happening? Why is everyone getting dumb as fuck? Why do (((they))) have to dumb eeverything down? It's almost as if humanity is a caricature or a parody of itself and is not self-aware.
>>
>>83008142
>bomb so hard

You underestimate the power of fanboys, BBT is only getting worse each year and still is in the top5 series in popularity/money
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR-jIhwIfIw
fascinating
>>
That kid has the most punchable face I've ever seen
>>
>>83008268
Lowest common denominator.
It's never been lower and it has never been more common than it has been today.
>>
>>83008527
>this video is not available

cool
>>
File: 1362275936355.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1362275936355.gif
957KB, 500x418px
If this show was something else other than a TBBT spin-off, this would have potential for something much more meaningful.
>>
>>83007874
How are they planning to handle the molestation scenes?
>>
>it's a Sheldon gets pumped full of every drug the doctor can give his parents because they just want him to be normal episode
>>
>>83008688
I'm interested in the drunk dad and bashing of Christianity
>>
>>83000000
>>
File: Why.jpg (25KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
25KB, 450x300px
>>83009264
>>
>>83007874
It should be a harrowing drama telling the story of an autistic genius child struggling to survive in the ultra religious bible belt.
>>
>>83008330
BBT will probably end within the next few years. Most long running sitcoms fizzle out after 9-10 seasons
>>
>>83009773
It won't be though. It'll be all Bazingas and quips
>>
>>83007874
>TFW it won't be about an autistic kid trying to fit in with his peers and delivers valuable life lessons
This had some potential but they will make it shitty.
>>
>>83008111

This will probably happen with all of TBBT's main cast.
>>
could've called it The Little Bang Theory
>>
>>83007874
DUDE AUTISM LMAO
>>
>>83007874
So even bullying nerdy children is fine now?? Thanks for raping nerd culture, Hollywood, and turning my culture into normie massmarket garbage!!
>>
File: sheldon tshirt.jpg (31KB, 475x387px) Image search: [Google]
sheldon tshirt.jpg
31KB, 475x387px
>>83008330
>BBT is only getting worse each year and still is in the top5 series in popularity/money
that's because several large companies (including disney) funnel money into it since it helps them sell t-shirts and other shitty merchandise (partly by showing the t-shirts/merchandise, partly by making "nerd culture" look fun/popular)
>>
it doesn't even make sense

the show is trying to portray Sheldon acting more human and less robotic as he gets older but that's his whole character development in TBBT
>>
>>83008044

>autism is sheldon meme
>>
>>83007874
I suspect that not only will this fail, but it will sour TBBT in the mind of the audience, hastening its demise.
>>
doesn't even seem funny. Looks more like a drama to me
>>
this would have worked as special episode inside the actual show but not as a spin off
>>
>>83012299

It should honestly be the opposite; an emotional but autistic child pearning to hide his humanity as he learns that he is not not normal, and people take advantage of it.

Would be more realistic
>>
>>83008111
no he will meet his later in life girlfriend so that the female audience can be like "OMG IT WAS DESTINY"
>>
File: All Of My Hate.png (17KB, 381x400px) Image search: [Google]
All Of My Hate.png
17KB, 381x400px
>>83012514
>no he will meet his later in life girlfriend so that the female audience can be like "OMG IT WAS DESTINY"
>>
>>83012459
>autistic child learning to hide his humanity as he learns that he is not not normal, and people take advantage of it
jesus that would be hard to watch
>>
the name is what bothers me. you could have just called it "sheldon"

also who wants to watch a show about a kid who thinks he's better than everyone else?
>>
>>83013011
>also who wants to watch a show about a kid who thinks he's better than everyone else?
What is Malcolm in the middle
>>
>>83007874
A spin off about an annoying autist with no self awareness and is highly opinionated.
Looks like shit
>>
why is he so posh and gay looking with the shirt and bow tie? Doesn't he usually wear comic book t-shirts and similar nerd culture apparel on the show?
>>
>>83013252
He's dressing like his tv hero Bill Nye
>>
>>83013252
He needs to look smart. A kid in a superhero t-shirt would just look like a normal kid
>>
>>83013084
A show with a cast of lovable and depth filled characters that explores the dynamics of a family with funny stories and situations.

not a show about an autistic asshole who shits on everyone because he's """better""" than them
>>
ZIMBABWE
>>
Looks better produced and written than BBT, though that doesn't mean much.
>>
If you remove the laughtrack does the show become a gritty drama about a mentally challenged kid's attempts at fitting in with normal society?
>>
>implying that any of you have a clue on what makes a show successful or not

nerd minstrel shows are here to stay and no amount of whining will stop it
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.