[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

memories of a murderer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: memories of a murderer.jpg (122KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
memories of a murderer.jpg
122KB, 666x1000px
So who did it?
>>
Do you think the murderer got a boner when the police guy looks at the camera in the last shot?
>>
>>83005431
Why should I watch this if in the end nothing is solved?
>>
>>83005431
It was the kid, removed essential evidence before the detective got there.
>>
>>83007300
Why should you live if in the end nothing is solved?
>>
>>83005431
It was the detective;he was a psychopath.
>>
I couldn't keep track. Arr rook same.
>>
>>83005431

Good movie. I have no idea about the murderer though... as it was based on a literal real life event. The mystery is what made it enjoyable. Additionally, the movie sort of shows the reality of police in south korea... which is usually bumbling and them fucking up more than solving something.
>>
He was looking at us...
>>
>>83007596
You don't have any idea of the "reality" of police work in Korea if that's what you got out of it. This is based upon a fringe case that reveals much about Korea's troubled history.
Korean media is laced with anti-authoritarian themes because of a cultural mistrust in the government and police based on many events in the past, including violent protests and the murders that inspired this movie.
To call the events of the movie the police "bumbling and fucking up" is a massive understatement. The officers engage in actively planting and tampering with evidence, manipulation of the mentally retarded, assault, torture, and many other human rights violations that led to pain and death for people involved in their machinations. It becomes even worse as you realize that for half of the movie they are doing this not out of any obligation to solve the case, but rather to help the police department save face. We as the audience are led on by Song Kang-ho's character and his awkward charm which lends a soft edge to the entire affair, even as his violent and often unhinged companion (Roe Ha Kim) acts like a psychopath, using his authority to strike out at people who oppose him.
In the end they simply weren't equipped to handle the kind of horrific events that shake country communities to their core and the murders are forgotten and pushed to the side. In the ending shot Song Kang-ho, living free of the consequences of his earlier actions, contemplates whether the identity of the murderer mattered when they had rent a path of devastation through their own community as well. South Korea's government nowadays is slowly reaching backwards through time and attempting to pay for the scandals caused by events just like these.
>>
>>83005431
Anyone notic the electrical guy that were visiting the investigation room, they never showed his face but the director made sure he was noticeable in the frame
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.