[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: captain-sobel.jpg (93KB, 399x503px) Image search: [Google]
captain-sobel.jpg
93KB, 399x503px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>83002589
Someone ate his sandwich.
>>
>family name forever shamed because money grubbing kikes needed an antagonist to keep audience attention
>>
>>83002589
They were on a break
>>
>>83002647
But he's also a kike, anon.
>>
He cheated on Rachel.
>>
>>83002612

Holy fuck I guarantee woke people up
>>
>muh bastogne

Meanwhile Russians and Germans were killing each other by the millions in horrid conditions starving and freezing to death with extermination camps awaiting them on either side of the border

Why are Americans such fucking melodramatic wusses
>>
>>83002589
Seasons of seeing Rachel get on with other dudes really took it's toll on the poor guy.
>>
>>83002705
we should have nuked the russians too
>>
>>83002777
Wrong. We should have nuked only the allies.
>>
>>83002805

fuck off /pol/ im sure you have some homework to do underage faggot
>>
>>83002705
WE
WON
WWII
BACK TO BACK

MEERHEICA
>>
Punished Ross - A man denied his monkey
>>
>Captain Sobel, I'm Major Winters
>>
File: detroit1.jpg (46KB, 544x355px) Image search: [Google]
detroit1.jpg
46KB, 544x355px
>>83002865
What did you win though?
>>
>>83002647
I believe some guys from E company got out there and told a couple of reporters how they indeed did not like them, but that they wouldn't have survived the war if it wasn't for his hardcore training methods. So there's that.
>>
>>83002871
Fun Fact: The real Sobel died in Marseilles.
>>
File: GALOTG.jpg (48KB, 388x384px) Image search: [Google]
GALOTG.jpg
48KB, 388x384px
>>83002818
>le /pol/ bogeyman
hello >reddit
>>
MOMS SPAGHETTI
>>
>>83002692
THEY WERE ON A BREAK DUDE!
>>
>>83002589
He didn't get to bring friends
>>
HI HO SILVER
>>
sobel was the reason for easy company's success
>>
>>83002705
lel, good luck surviving in those conditions mate, I'm sure your pudgy coach potato body would thrive
>>
>>83002589
He was incompetent.
>>
>>83002589
He was a son of Abraham.
>>
sobel is how I see /tv/. Just a bunch of miserable cunts.
>>
>>83003421
Don't fucking patronize me you scumbag
>>
>>83003463
In combat maybe, but he trained his men well
>>
>>83002589
He let the pressure of leading men get to him. Honestly I don't blame him, I was in a similar position to him, in Afghanistan in 2002 and Iraq in 2003. Only thing that truly scared me was the thought of fucking up and getting one of the men wounded or killed. Having to make choices where you knowingly send your men into situations where it is likely they will get hurt is part of the job, and I knew a fair few people who struggled with that. Some freak out at every minor mistake or deviation from what they perceive as perfection because to their mind its only by keeping absolute control of the situation that they can keep their men safe.

All you can do is make the best decisions and keep the men at the peak of their game. If you are unable to balance the need to risk the lives of your men against the need to achieve the aims set out to you then in IMHO you do no operate as an effective officer. Far to many try to think of an impossible, perfect, situation that results in little to no risk. In Sobel's case, (both from my own experience, reading the book and watching the show) I think the pressure of leading men got to him. He genuinely cares for E company and its men, but the fear of the cost of war was to much.
>>
>>83003840
He was tasked with both training AND leading his men. He doesn't get a pass for only doing half the job. It's not like the two were mutually exclusive either because his men didn't hate him because of his training, they hated him because he was a petty, vindictive cunt. If he had exercised actual leadership and inspired his men to reach his standards instead of punishing them for not meeting them then he wouldn't have been transferred from his command of Easy Company and Easy Company would have looked upon him in a much better light.
>>
File: 6.png (202KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
202KB, 640x360px
Was anybody else bothered by this blatant product placement?

Not to mention that my suspension of disbelief was really strained by this total anachronism.
>>
>>83002705
I would quite happily watch a Russian band of brothers but why do you want the Americans to portray the Eastern Front. Surely it should be done by a Russian production cuckboy.

Bastogne was my favourite episode. We watched it in medical school
>>
>>83005405
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dell
pretty much just you, fuckhead
>>
File: 3.png (18KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
18KB, 640x360px
>he actually died in 1967
Wow, what an egregious error.

Why didn't they just use Wikipedia to fact-check their sources?
>>
>>83002589

He's a Jew
>>
>>83005923

Probably because back in 1999 wikipedia wasnt a thing?

I graduated from highschool in 2006 and wikipedia was useless for 99% of the things we needed it for.
>>
>>83005923
>>83006249
This, Wikipedia was fucking shocking until my last couple of years in school
>>
>>83002936
>Sobel returned to the United States in 1945,[7] and worked as an accountant before being recalled to active duty during the Korean War.[8] He remained in the Army National Guard, eventually retiring at the rank of lieutenant colonel. He later married, and had three children.[9]

>In 1970, Sobel shot himself in the head with a small-caliber pistol.[10] The bullet entered his left temple, passed behind his eyes, and exited out the other side of his head. This severed his optic nerves and left him blind.[10] He was later moved to a VA assisted living facility in Waukegan, Illinois. He resided there for his last seventeen years until his death due to malnutrition on 30 September 1987.[11][10] No services were held for him after his death.[10]

fuck thats sad
>>
>>83006249
>>83006270
You can do half your essays with wikipedia references nowadays.
>>
>>83006402
>You can do half your essays with wikipedia references nowadays.
i remember highschool teachers telling you wikipedia was a sham and not to be used as a source for essays or even simple assignments
>skip ahead 8 years
teachers, lecturers and professors at university actively encourage using (english) wikipedia as a starting point for everything you do since they provide a rich source of usuable reference material that saves you ages compared top using the finnicky library catalogue
>>
>>83006512
I meant the references in the wikipedia article. Professors take a hear no evil, see no evil approach and as long as you mix in some original research they won't care.

You still can't reference wikipedia lol
>>
File: bb101_2864.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bb101_2864.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>83005951
I'm a Jew.
>>
>>83006591
thats what i meant :)
shit saves you ages looking for sources and gives a quick summary of what you're gonna write about
>>
File: jew hunter.jpg (19KB, 387x338px) Image search: [Google]
jew hunter.jpg
19KB, 387x338px
>>83006703
Congratulations. Get your nose out of my face.
>>
>>83006386
>bitch ass nigga couldn't even kill himself right
>sad
>>
>>83005435
>We watched it in medical school
Why?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.