[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mysterious movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: simulated.jpg (435KB, 2000x2376px) Image search: [Google]
simulated.jpg
435KB, 2000x2376px
My wife and I just watched Logan's Run. I've seen it, sure, but she hadn't. Some time during the movie she proclaimed "I've seen this movie before" and I told her, yeah, a lot of movies cribbed from it and it isn't a particularly strange story anyway. Standard Hero's Journey, really.

But she blurts out "IT'S LIKE TIME MACHINE!" which yeah it's got some similar bits here and there, special-effects and such. But she doubled down and said that the people dying at 30 was exactly like Time Machine. Which it isn't.

Somehow in the discussion she starts saying "There were blue monsters. With orange leopard spots!" So I showed her a picture of the Morlocks and she shouted at me "NOT THAT, IT WAS THE OTHER ADAPTION OF TIME MACHINE!!!" So I know she isn't thinking of the 2002 remake, they were black/grey in that, and probably not the 1978 made-for-tv one and certainly not the 1960 one. She is very adamant, it exists.

Any ideas? What damned movie is she thinking of? Similar to Logan's Run or Time Machine, but featuring blue monster-men with orange spots. Does this ring any of your bells?
>>
File: lazymike.png (232KB, 486x748px) Image search: [Google]
lazymike.png
232KB, 486x748px
Don't know
>>
>>83002816
Thanks anyway. She took her tablet into the other room and looked for a while, then came back upset that all the Morlocks she could google-image-search looked like the ones I showed her.

I even checked the Time Machine episode of Wishbone and they were grey monkey-men in that.

Also, not Avatar (blue aliens with light spots) and not Evolution (blue ape-monsters).
>>
>>83003543
something from land of the lost maybe?
>>
>>83003543
she is being effected by the timeline switch over. she is sensitive to these things that are beyond you.
>>
>>83003735
I looked at Lost in Space but not Land of the Lost.

>>83003877
I bet in this timeline it's "Marlboro" and not "Marboro."
>>
File: 1489786299845m.jpg (130KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489786299845m.jpg
130KB, 768x1024px
Sounds to me like A sound of thunder.
Its a time travel movie where they fuck up in the past and they race to undoe the fuckup because the present is slowly changing into a reality devoid of humans.

Let me know if im right
>>
File: 1monster.jpg (57KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1monster.jpg
57KB, 640x427px
Sure she's not just insane?
>>
>>83002272
Your wife is a retard. Divorce her fucking ass.
>>
File: MovieQuiz_919 (2).jpg (48KB, 1280x605px) Image search: [Google]
MovieQuiz_919 (2).jpg
48KB, 1280x605px
>>
>>83003933
It's got a fair few monsters
>>83003990 is one and there were also big bird/bats, giant eel sharks and gorrilasaurs who are blue with orange spots.
>>
>>83003990
>>83003933
I'm trying to show her this but she's now very drunk. So drunk she won't even know what I'm asking her. I think you're on to something, though. I forgot to mention, she watched the movie in a science class, though I don't know what grade she meant she was in. She had mentioned seeing Gattaca in a class too, so maybe around the same time in school.

>>83003970
I know. I know.

>>83003960
I thought of that, too. I don't think that's it.
>>
>>83002272
are you british? because it sounds like it could have been an episode of doctor who or something like that
>>
Sure she's thinking of a movie and not a TV show? Like maybe an episode of star trek or something?
>>
>>83004129
A sound of thunder is about the butterfly effect. But it could also be used as a lazy example of how survival of the fittest works alongside genetics n shit
>>
File: mar27thunder3.jpg (44KB, 450x251px) Image search: [Google]
mar27thunder3.jpg
44KB, 450x251px
>>
Loss of brain mater because of BBC injections.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1048x576px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1048x576px
How could it possibly not be the 1960 version?
>>
maybe its Zardoz
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.