[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inglorious Basterds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5569.jpg (69KB, 943x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5569.jpg
69KB, 943x537px
This is objectively the best character in the movie and no amount of jewish jewry can change that
>>
FOR GERMANY
>>
Sorry trollo, you are incorrect. Best character is Hans Landa.
>>
>>83001284
>betrays his nation
>Through his inaction gets every major party leader killed.
No
>>
QT just couldn't have this guy's death be morally ambiguous, so he made him shout "Jew dogs!" to distract the viewer from the fact that the victim was just a German military officer doing his duty vs. an SS officer.
>>
>>83001332
That's why I like him.
>>
"Best" how? Best written? Best acted? Most likable?
>>
>>83000357
SIEG HEIL \o \o \o
>>
>>83001346
It was pretty fucking morally ambiguous. And of course he's gonna talk shit before he bites it. You think someone like Brad Pitt's character wouldn't say "you Nazi sons of bitches" before they offed him?
>>
>>83001418
>It was pretty fucking morally ambiguous

Oh, I completely agree. But you know that QT is just trying to manipulate the audience into thinking "Ooooo, you anti-Semitic Nazi BIGOT, it is ON!!" as they revel in each strike of the bat.
>>
File: Iwt8CiI.jpg (56KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
Iwt8CiI.jpg
56KB, 500x751px
>>83001489
>But you know that QT is just trying to manipulate the audience into thinking "Ooooo, you anti-Semitic Nazi BIGOT, it is ON!!"
you're completely wrong about this though. Tarintino meant for you to see that he was a man with honor and conviction, and to have his bravery contrast with the utter fear his subordinates showed in the face of brutality. Seriously, are you 14? is this your first time watching an R-rated movie? How did you actually take that away from the film? At the very least you have autism.
>>
>>83001489
That's what I like to think the point of the movie is though.

At first people are like yeah fuck the nazis, kill them all!

By the end we watch hitler laughing his ass off at Americans getting shot on film and people start to get uncomfortable.

Those are the only 2 reactions I've ever seen to this movie. Either they maintain the "fuck yeah violence against nazis" view, or they get to the end and become uncomfortable because they've been forced to look at their cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>83001729
>At the very least you have autism

Brilliantly played. Do you mind if I use this insult in the future? I'm always on the lookout for original put-downs.
>>
That movie was fucking garbage. Even by tarantino standards.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.