[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 44

File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
We all go together when we go edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frAEmhqdLFs

Topped themselves:
>>82988809
>>
>>82995390
You guys do realise that the Doctor wasn't even in the episode for like 99% of the time, it was literally the monk's fanfic version who thought he was the Doctor but wasn't actually?
>>
Just finished the episode. Very solid. Obviously there are plotholes and scenes/lines that were lacking, but I'm trying not to think about that.

My new S10 rating:

Extremis
Thin Ice
Oxygen
Smile
Knock Knock
The Pilot
>>
>>82995505
Yes, they spelled that out meticulously at the end of the episode, anon.

I do think they should've shown the simulated Doctor get deleted by the Monk just to drive the point home though.
>>
>>82995573
I'm sad that Real!Doctor didn't go back and rescue the simulated one. Or at least copy the simulated version onto his TARDIS console
>>
>>82995505
>you guys do realise that the plot
yes
>>
>>82995604
And then beam it into the Library computer so he and Simulated River could live happily ever after?

Or just keep it like a Tamagotchi until he gets bored and forgets to simulated-feed it?
>>
>>82995536
Good taste
It's been a very strong season so far. Hopefully Chibnall can keep the momentum.
>>
Extremis>Oxygen>The Pilot>Knock Knock>Thin Ice>Smile
>>
>>82995536
Shit taste
It's been a very weak series so far. Hopefully Chibnall can't make it worse
>>
extremis >> oxygen > smile = knock knock > the pilot >> thin ice
>>
this really felt like some good old fashioned who. love it.

even the projection room looked like something really simple but cool like the old show. This is exactly the type of show I wanted when Capaldi came on.
>>
Seeing that other people are doing it:

Extremis>The Pilot>Oxygen>Thin Ice>Smile>Knock Knock
>>
My voyage dissects the course of time
"Who knows?" you say
But are you right?
Who searches deep to find the light
That glows so darkly in the night
Toward that point I guide my flight.
>>
>>82995670
>It's been a very strong season so far
Honestly, I think it might be my favourite. I'm not saying it's perfect, there's always loads of room for improvement when it comes to Doctor Who, but I previously thought S9 was the best and so far this feels like an improvement on that. Hard to believe we also have a finale and Simm ontop of this three parter.

Keen to see what Chibnall does with the show too.

>>82995731
>Knock Knock>Thin Ice
Bad taste, anon.

>>82995807
>smile = knock knock > the pilot >> thin ice
Terrible taste, rightie.
>>
Extremis >The Pilot > Oxygen > Knock Knock >Thin Ice > Smile
>>
>>82995857
Back to the kitchen Sarah
>>
>>82995857
>terrible taste
Care to explain
>>
>>82995902
He's right, Knock Knock was bretty bad and had almost no redeeming qualities but there was plenty to like in those other episodes.
>>
The exact order doesn't matter to me when even the worst episode is better than the average most series. But if I had to choose…

Extremis > Oxygen = Thin Ice > The Pilot > Smile > Knock Knock

But if I could split up Smile, I'd put the first 30 minutes tied for first and the ending in last.
>>
So what are we expecting from Chibnall?
>42
Ok. Kind of bland.
>hungry earth/cold blood
I thought it was a nice throw back to the old days, but in the context of series 5 it felt pretty middle of the road.
>dinosaurs on a space ship
Better than 42, but still pretty forgettable.
>the power of three
I personally enjoyed this one but I know it got a pretty indifferent response from most people.
And he hasn't written anything for the 12th?
>>
>>82995902
Thin Ice is one of the best episodes of S10. Putting it dead last, and especially with ">>" to indicate a further drop in quality, just outs you as somebody who lets their bad politics get in the way of a good episode.

In short, Thin Ice made you ree.
>>
>>82995932
I thought it has a decent atmosphere. It fell a part at the end but it was alright none the less.
>>
>>82996001
Why do you like thin ice? It's easily the weakest episode this season. Everything else is at least a 7/10 when thin ice was a 5/10 at best.
>>
>>82996001
>YOU DON'T LIKE THIN ICE BECUZ UR A RACIS
Didn't expect less from you Sarah
>>
>>82995987
Did Chibnall write the scene in The Power of Three where The Doctor and Amy talk about running away? because that was GOAT
>>
>>82995987
On the one hand, his Doctor Who work generally improves over time. Also, look at Torchwood—he's much better in S2, when he's the unofficial showrunner, than in S1.

On the other hand, even his best stuff (unless you count his two shorts) isn't all that exciting.

So… who knows? I'm happy to give him a chance.

By the way, who cares if he's written for 12? The question is whether he can come up with a 13 that he—and, maybe even more importantly, others—can write for.
>>
>>82996103
I assume so. It's an underrated episode in my opinion. Rory's dad was great, it was nice to see UNIT in a somewhat nicer light. The concept of the boxes was cool, although the reveal was a little meh.
>>
>>82995987
The character stuff in the power of three was great. Shame it shit the bed when it came to the ending. I kinda wish the cubes were some mundane alien accident or something.
>>
>>82995932
>Knock Knock was bretty bad and had almost no redeeming qualities
nigga please, David Suchet was great in this. his acting made all of it saved that episode.
>>
>>82995987

I don't think his Who episodes are a good indication, because he was basically told what to write, I think his own TV shows are what to base our expectations on
I thought he wrote Broadchurch pretty well, but it got pretty convoluted in Series 3. (Most people say it got convoluted in s2, but I thought s2 was great)

Torchwood Series 1 was pretty much RTD calling the shots I believe, but Series 2 was up to Chibnall more or less. I liked Series 2 of Torchwood quite a bit, but it's no 'Children of Earth'
>>
>>82996068
>>82996070
Oh look, they're reeing now.
>>
>>82996220
If rumours are to be believed, he didn't write the ending, his ending was too expensive, and it was hastily rewritten
>>
>>82995932
Knock Knock is the only episode this series that's better the second time you watch it. Suchet's creepiness works even better once you know he's basically a stunted child, because it makes sense, but it's still creepy.

Then again, the other episodes don't have to get better on the second watch, because they already have so much going for them in the first place. That's why I put Knock Knock last. But it would still be around the middle almost any other series.
>>
>>82996254
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
I'm racist, not even just le /pol/ racist, like a genuine Stormfront 14/88 blood brother racist, and I hated Thin Ice.

Not because it had niggers in, although obviously that too, but because it portrayed the bad guy as both an aristocrat and a capitalist. These were two entirely seperate groups, it's like comparing the Queen to Rex Tillerson, it just doesn't make sense. One of them inherited their money, estates, and were subsequently educated to be nobles, the other made their own money through essentially creating neo-slavery conditions, where workers were paid a pittance and risked dying pretty much every day due to shockingly bad conditions.

These two groups hated each other, the aristocracy considered the capitalists to be ignorant, opportunist, lacking morals, sort of like the nouveau-riche are looked on today. Eccentric plebians who waste their money and are absolutely stupid. Likewise, the capitalist class looked upon the nobles as outdated, doing nothing to earn their money and resented the power they help, constantly pushing for the voting rights to be extended to empower them, and subsequently promote their lassez-faire economics.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate them putting niggers out of their time period too, but I expect them to do that. Muh diversity quotas, muh tolerance, muh """""progress""""", that's just going to happen. But the fact they couldn't even be bothered to differentiate between the two most important political factions at the time when they came to head is ridiculous, the regency era was the beginning of the industrial revolution in England, when millenia old feudal prsctices were finally being challenged by tycoon capitalists, a huge period of social upheaval and change simply ignored. How do people like this become writers?
>>
>>82996024
>>82996234
Yeah Suchet and the atmosphere are the only good bits, but the plot is so awful and all the characters inconsequential, with no tension, pacing, or anything and the twist was maybe the most underwhelming since the days of serial enforced cliffhangers.
>>
>>82996434
>i dont know what mercantilism is
>>
>>82996339
It would be a much better episode without the "everybody lives" bullshit at the end.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxTFPVwqqaE
10:30
Missy recites a story suspiciously similar to trump's favourite snake poem
>>
>>82996434
Read a book.

The most successful capitalists were the landed gentry who already had the assets, just like the episode showed. You need to stop getting all your information about the world from wikipedia skimming and /pol/ collages.
>>
>>82996482
That's exactly what I'm saying, anon. The capitalist class seeked an end to protectionist policies such as this, and was one of the reasons the two classes feuded so heavily. Which is why I'm saying it's stupid they didn't portray this rift.
>>
Just watched the episode, it was total kino. Live /who/ was wrong again.

>>82995390
That reference made me smile. Although it also made me think they were going to try to destroy the whole world with some physics fuckery.
>>
>>82996541
>The most successful capitalists were the landed gentry who already had the assets,
Depends what you meanby capitalism, they of course had their estates, but I'm talking about the factories that allowed a middle class to arise, the aristocracy didn't open factories like this and mainly gained their money from agricultural lands they'd held since the Normans.
>>
>>82996639
>falling for the middle class meme
>>
>>82996434
doctor who is a children's television programme
>>
>>82996674
>falling for the aristocracy who had held landed estates for centuries randomly decided to open factories in the 19th century rather than dtick to the system they knew worked meme
>>
>>82996723
You are either an employee or an employer. There is no such thing as the "middle" class.
>>
>>82996570
>Live /who/ was wrong again.
Yep. Just a few hours later, after all the non-/who/res have left, even the people arguing about their silly rankings all have Extremis either first or tied for it.

>>82996518
Sure, but after a few decades of dozens of Doctor Who stories having a post-climactic letdown at least as bad as the one in Knock Knock, I guess it doesn't bother me like it used to. I blame Williams for making me enjoy the show so much as a kid I didn't realise my expectations for endings were being lowered.
>>
It was on the planet Skaro that my old enemy, the Master, was finally put on trial. They say she listened calmly as her list of evil crimes was read and sentence passed. Then she made her last, and I thought somewhat curious, request. She demanded that I, the Doctor, a rival Time Lord, should be the executioner. It was a request they should never have granted.
>>
File: oooh shit.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
oooh shit.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>82996756
>>
File: GordonTipple.jpg (34KB, 350x257px) Image search: [Google]
GordonTipple.jpg
34KB, 350x257px
>>82996756
Did someone call me?
>>
>>82996570
Glad someone else noticed
>>
>>82996754
Call it what you want, I'm saying the aristocracy and the capitalists were two seperate groups.
>>
>>82996545
You have a very warped view of history.

>>82996639
Absolutely none of that is the case. The factories were on the main owned by the same few families who were either part of the gentry or had made their money through the policy of mercantilism in the previous centuries. You seem to have one of those childish class warfare conceptions of history that simplifies everything in terms of "battles" between groups you can easily identity. The reality wasn't really anything like that, the vast majority of these enterprises were in the period financed by just the same families, but in new ways. The political strife that characterized the early 19th century was more bound up in ideology, centered around puritan ideas.

There was no sudden appearance of a factory owning, 20th century US style middle class of people who pulled themselves up by their bootstraps at the time.
>>
Does anyone thing the vault is bigger on the inside?
>>
>>82996570
I wasn't here for live/who/, what did they say?
>>
>>82996570
Live /who/ is wrong 99% of the time. I avoid it like the plague. I absolutely loved The Magicians Apprentice but the live thread ruined it for me. Never again.
>>
>>82996834
They did what they always do: shit on every aspect of the show constantly.
>>
>>82996817
If not, it's a very cramped space to leave someone in for 1000 years
>>
File: tumblr_onhqb3QWEd1v5nbpeo2_540.gif (3MB, 540x440px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onhqb3QWEd1v5nbpeo2_540.gif
3MB, 540x440px
>>82996780
>>
>>82996756
I rewatched the TV movie today and it ended up being surprisingly relevant. Both the Master being executed and the fact that it has a strong motif of eyes and eyesight.

>>82996834
They hated it like always. I think my favorite complaint is
>nothing happened
>>
Also, the /who/nger games were a fucking abortion

you tried cats
>>
>>82996947
lol yeah that was a pretty common one I also heard "filler" and "a waste of an episode".

>>82996992
We never finished, did we?
>>
>>82996834
My favourite complaint was:
>This is so stupid. It's so obvious that the "big surprise" is going to be that the Monks can only kill you if you believe in them. I don't even need to watch the rest of the episode. Moffat's such a hack.

I wonder if anon watched the rest of the episode to see how wrong he was, and just pretended he'd never said that and found something else to complain about?
>>
>>82996817
>>82996886
Eh, the way he talks to it he seems to count on Missy being close to the door at all times.

Also, dick pics and sock sandwiches when?
>>
>>82997020
No it didn't
Hence it was a massive abortion
>>
File: capaldo run.gif (426KB, 193x215px) Image search: [Google]
capaldo run.gif
426KB, 193x215px
will Harness's episode be okay
>>
>>82996810
>muh class warfare
I'm not coming into this with a bias, I identify as neither the bourgeoisie nor the gentry, I simply know it to be the case that the industrial revolution was led by industrialists and capitalists and the very process of merchantalism that you're describing is what caused it.

In Britain in the early 19th century workshops and manufactories were booming as a result of protectionist policies, the empire brought vast arrays of new goods to Britain which could be made into new products, the growth of these workshops, this cottage industry allowed artisans to become rich, expand their enterprise, and this new class with money was opposed by the ruling nobility, who thought their new found wealth and with that, power, was a threat to them. As it ultimately became the case as the Lords did lose power in the 19th and especially 20th centuries.

I'm not saying no aristocrat ever opened a factory, but for the most part these were two competing groups. And I don't know how you got muh class war out of this because I neither support the ruthless capitalists who treat their workers like shit nor the nobles who seeked to keep serfdom.
>>
>>82996947
>>82997020
> nothing happened
> I also heard "filler" and "a waste of an episode"
My favourite was when someone said "Oh so this whole episode doesn't matter, because none of it is real" Like, of course it's not real... it's a TV show
>>
File: normies.png (232KB, 496x520px) Image search: [Google]
normies.png
232KB, 496x520px
>>
File: ARHm3.jpg (60KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
ARHm3.jpg
60KB, 800x452px
>>82997100
How do you go from this
>>
File: p02p9dz7.jpg (109KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
p02p9dz7.jpg
109KB, 1200x675px
to this?
>>
File: meta iplayer buffer.png (250KB, 618x350px) Image search: [Google]
meta iplayer buffer.png
250KB, 618x350px
Was rewatching part of extremis. iPlayer started to buffer. Is it fucking with me on purpose. Am I even real. Fuck.
>>
File: Screenshot-1270-600x343.png (274KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-1270-600x343.png
274KB, 600x343px
>>82997212
...to this!
>>
>>82997259
The scary thing is, no matter how many times you watch it, it always rebuffers at the same point. And it's the same point for everyone. No matter what ISP they're on. That's how you know the entire internet is a simulation and you're not a real person.
>>
>>82997262
What's the connection between this and the other ones?
>>
>>82997322
Shit dude. who's up for a mass suicide?
>>
>>82997139
the valeyard. whiash they would just do one episode to tie it back to the old series. but I guess that will be an adventure that we'll never see thats in between episodes.

also, was hoping it was a remnant of the original Mondas cybermen that they hinted at in the preview.
>>
>>82997368
There isn't, the last one is some guy being retarded
>>
Why has doctor who become more vulgar in recent years? They're not afraid of saying "ass", bill pulled off a "shit" that got cut off, missy even said "bitch"
>>
>>82997395
Only if you've got real Kool-Aid. Jim tried to give us that Flavor-Aid shit back in the 70s, and I walked then, and I'll walk again.
>>
>>82997440
we live in dark times.
>>
>>82997212
You know, Kill the Moon was a garbage episode, but I do really like the way this was shot, only seeing the creature from a distance and blurry because you're seeing it through the sky. It not only saves us from seeing the flaws in the CGI, but by not giving us a privileged, cinematic view it makes it feel more like a historical event.
>>
>>82997440
didn't Rose call Cassandra a bitchy trampoline in the second episode of nuwho?
>>
>>82997109
You are right that lots of those processes happened, but there wasn't anything like outright feuding between a "conscious" class of burghers and the aristocracy in regency London. It was, like you say, more the fruits of the industrial revolution that grew that richer middle class in the following decades. A lot of the tension political crises that followed can just as much be characterised as the cities vs the counties though.

All I meant with the class warfare comments was that things weren't (and honestly never have been even in Marx's time) that clear cut in Britain. The capitalists owning factories and treating their workers like shit of the period Thin Ice was set in were, by and large, from rich families, pretty much as we saw. The ethnicities of one or two extras aside the episode did a good job I thought.

They definitely could have shifted the timing around or the setting to get some of what you wanted, but I think the appeal was a historical freezing of the Thames, and the rest was written around that.
>>
>>82997440
They used "bitch" at least as early as the second episode of S1.

And "ass" isn't the slightest bit vulgar unless you're American.

Also, Zombie Mary Whitehouse is still going to eat your brain; pretending you agree with her won't help.
>>
>>82997455
No point killing yourself with a knock off brand. If you're going to do something, never half-arse it. Full arse all the way
>>
If it's possible for someone to construct a virtual world where its inhabitants believe they are real, what makes you think we are the first?
>>
>>82997554
Go to bed, Elon
>>
inb4 like the planet of executioners the monks are free lance simulation specialists hired to run the numbers on how to properly invade earth
>>
>>82997554
It's virtual turtles all the way virtually down.
>>
>>82997523
>Zombie Mary Whitehouse is still going to eat your brain
Is that PG-13?
>>
>>82997496
Yeah, I accept what you're saying, but I honestly haven't been able to find any sources for aristocrats/gentry/nobles opening factories. It seems from what I know of the period that they were two entirely seperate groups, one living in big castles with acres of lands and the other living in gated communities in London.
>>
File: qtasBill.png (555KB, 1117x650px) Image search: [Google]
qtasBill.png
555KB, 1117x650px
>ywn integrate with her matrices
>>
>>82997639
Offer her a banana and she'll spread them, lad.
>>
>>82997665
spread what? butter? are we making banana bread?
>>
>>82997710
No, her subhuman legs.
>>
>>82997606
No, it's 12A. If you Yanks wanted Mary Whitehouse, we would have been glad to ship her over while she was still alive, but you never asked.
>>
>>82997732
Why's she putting butter on them? You're just not making sense, mister
>>
>>82997775
Stop being a nigger loving kike.
>>
File: discourse on the dick.png (639KB, 600x908px) Image search: [Google]
discourse on the dick.png
639KB, 600x908px
You know, one of the previews described this episode as Plato applied to Super Mario Bros., but it's obviously more inspired by pic related. I think it would have been cool if they'd had him be the writer of the Veritas. It would be funny, like if we actually did live in a simulation, he'd be the one to realize it. But I guess having it come from an unidentified ancient sect is a bit more Lovecraftian.
>>
>>82997804
:( you hurt like all of my feelings
>>
>>82997775
I think the joke is that black people use margarine instead of butter. See, it's funny because blacks are not like eastern Europeans, who use lard instead of butter. Get it?
>>
>>82997811
But how would Descartes realise it? If he thinks he thinks, then he thinks he am.
>>
File: bra showing.jpg (62KB, 427x600px) Image search: [Google]
bra showing.jpg
62KB, 427x600px
>>82997804
>being rude on the internet
>>
>>82997838
Oh, okay. I think I'm on the same page now
>>
Tom Hardy is the next Doctor. He'll have a one-season run like Eccleston; it was part of the negotiations with the BBC to co-fund a second series of Taboo. /tv/ is gonna go nuts.
>>
>>82997896
Exactly. And so now you can understand that the reason he called you a kike is that he's a good Muslim, and therefore angry at you for stealing his pork chops like the Jews always do.
>>
File: mac.jpg (61KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
mac.jpg
61KB, 540x303px
>>82997879
Descartes was a little bitch
>>
>>82998094
Tom Hardy's father's name is Chips. Bill serves Chips.

Plus, 12 and Clara ate chips all through the Titan comics. Titan means Big Guy.

Confirmed.
>>
>>82998095
Well, if there's one thing I know about jews, they love their pork chops. They probably spread butter on them too... It's all starting to come together...
>>
is anyone on /who/ applying to be a janitor?
>>
>>82998114
"Big guy" backwards spells "The new doctor who is gonna be Tom Hardy"
>>
these threads are so much better without the cloisters
>>
>>82997247
Can't believe Harness did that
>>
>>82998176
>Who are you?
>Hello, I'm the Doctor.
>And what's with this girl you brought along?
>For you.
>>
>>82998194
Real Cloi is okay
Fake Cloi on the other hand
neo!! aropiating the cloistet trisp when he sucide. no!! no?
>>
>>82998160
if /who/ had it's choice of posters, what tripfag would you want to be a mod?
my vote is unironically . Cats12.
>>
>>82998114
>>82998176
>FX/BBC1's Taboo Adds 13, Begins Production
What did Variety Magazine mean by this? And how did they know 2 years in advance?
>>
>>82998286
cats is too political to be a good janitor
>>
>>82998271
real cloister is a meninist woman hating creep though
>>
>>82998344
who would you like then?
>>
>>82998286
wanderer
>>
>>82998408
I actually did apply to be a janitor once, but I wasn't chosen.
>>
>>82998400
cloi or mccoy or one of the equally neutral and harmless trips
certainly not someone known for being provocative and shitposty
>>
>>82998408
no ! he's a smug racist prick that's uncomfortably fascinated by what we listen to
>>
>>82998470
>cloister not shitposting
come on now
>>
>>82998470
This. Schlemihl or /who/tube would also be ok if they were around more
>>
It's appropriate that an episode that keeps name dropping video games is itself written like a video game. It even has a hub level and an escort mission.
>>
>>82999245
Good observation. Although a real video game would have ended with a monk turning all gigantic and the Doctor having to fight him.

Also wasn't there supposed to be a Bioshock reference? I must have missed it.
>>
Chronological anon here, Just started Heaven Sent. I am super hype, been waiting for this forever

Nice bit of foreshadowing with the never ever stop bit.
>>
>>82999448
I thought the doctor was meant to say his favourite game was portal too
>>
Why wasn't the Series 9 Zygon 2 parter called Terrorism of the Zygons
>>
>>82999681
That was just a rumor, I think the portal reference was just the oval shape of the monks' portals resembling those in the game.
>>
>>82999448
>>82999725
What kind of Mario video game doesn't have a water level?
>>
>>82999907
I don't think Mario 2 had any underwater levels
>>
File: ANTI-PLASTIC.jpg (63KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ANTI-PLASTIC.jpg
63KB, 1024x576px
ANTI-PLASTIC
>>
>>82999907
unless I'm misremembering; the second one. (american)
>>
>>83000001
fucking hell off by 2
>>
>>82996756
McGann confirmed for 13th?
>>
>>82999979
>>83000003
Wow, you two are as old as me, and yet you're not so senile that you forgot that Americans were too pussy for the real Super Mario 2 so they reskinned Doki Doki Panic instead?
>>
>>83000001
You know what I disliked about Eccleston? It was always so clear he was acting. It always seemed he was barely out of theatre school. I mean his speech in Dalek was just so.. It felt everything but genuine.
I can't be the only one, can I?
>>
>>83000218
that's just his accent you racist
>>
File: baker shock.gif (942KB, 450x279px) Image search: [Google]
baker shock.gif
942KB, 450x279px
Post yfw the entire series up until now has been about the simulated Doctor.
>>
>>83000598
>When I die it's like another me walks away
>>
>>82997879
He didn't think, therefore he isn't.
>>
File: 1489849980583.gif (580KB, 400x309px) Image search: [Google]
1489849980583.gif
580KB, 400x309px
>>83000598
Post yfw when everything since Heaven Sent has been a simulation in a bigger confession dial.
>>
>>83000463
I'm not racist, but all Mancs are loud and rude, and what's with that Britpop music they're always blaring, and you can't tell me that a religion that forces all the men to wear flatcaps and leather jumpers isn't sexist, and why do they put raspberry jam on their custard tarts? Those northern monkeys would be all right if they'd just assimilate to British culture, but they never will.
>>
File: 455326.jpg (80KB, 499x516px) Image search: [Google]
455326.jpg
80KB, 499x516px
>>83000827

mfw Moff brings back Clala
>>
Just watched Extremis

Bill's date conversation was awkward af, who talks like that.
Why wasn't the pope's language translated.
Having multiple people generate the same random number is SHIT programming.
Missy should have died.
>>
>>83001034
>Having multiple people generate the same random number is SHIT programming.
this tbqh desu

>super advanced simulation with learning AI that can accurately replicate personalities
>simulation can't generate two different strings of random numbers
>>
>>83001034
>Missy should have died.
Seriously?

I think it's better that they've stopped pretending to trick us into believing "No, this time the Master really is dead for real and never coming back". Nobody can even pretend to be fooled anymore, so why do it?
>>
>>83001128
Missy and doctors relationship is like an abusive boyfriend/girlfriend. The doctor needs to suck it up and break ties.
>>
One of the previews said the episode reminded them of a particular episode of Rick and Morty. They may have meant the one with the simulated universes, but it wasn't very much like that. What it actually reminds me of is how the multiverse stuff in R&M means that you're not always sure if you're watching the "real" Rick and Morty or a different pair from a different universe. For example, there's one episode that has Rick and Morty killed off in the opening scene, it just turns out they weren't the Rick and Morty the series had focused on so far. Same thing in this episode, the Doctor can actually be killed because it turns out he's not our Doctor even though he is.
>>
>>83001034
>Moffat: Well, the scenes just worked better with the Pope speaking Italian and being translated. I did write in the Doctor saying he didn’t really need the translation, and Nardole suggesting that he play along out of courtesy – but it glitched the scene, so I lost it in the edit. In fairness, the Doctor’s translation ability has wobbled before, so it’s just having another off moment. I tell myself it’s because of the blindness, and the concentration involved in interpreting the world through his sonic sunglasses.

I'm assuming they meant "not being translated"
>>
>>83001181
The best explanation would have been if that fluid link Nardole stole—which Nardole thought would prevent takeoff, but the Doctor thought did nothing at all—was actually part of the translation circuit, and that's why it's all wonky now.
>>
>>83001181
>but it glitched the scene, so I lost it in the edit
what did he mean by this
>>
>>83001275
A glitch in the simulation I guess
>>
>>83001161
It's okay when r+m does it because it's a cartoon.
It would be a cop out if doctor who did this too often
>>
>>83001275
"Glitched the scene" means the explanation made the scene not flow properly. So he cut it out in editing.
>>
File: SMAS.jpg (34KB, 380x262px) Image search: [Google]
SMAS.jpg
34KB, 380x262px
>>83000185
It's not like we had any choice in the matter.
>>
>>83001181
No, they meant being translated by a translator.
>>
>>83001333
duh, that makes more sense
>>
>>82995390
>Wow, you two are as old as me
So how did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>83001301
I don't think it's because it's a cartoon.

Rick & Morty is a show with a very different tone—not just more comedic, but where pulling rug out from under the viewers is part of the point of the show.

It also has a different setup—traveling to parallel universes is part of the point of the show, so traveling to a virtual universe is a minor twist on that, while in a show where they only travel to a parallel universe once every few decades, it's not a twist you can use that often.

Anyway, I don't think there's much danger Chibs is going to use the same idea in S11 or anything, so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>83001379
Meant for >>83001181
>>
>>83001379
You remember video games from the 80s. Therefore, you're old. QED.
>>
File: Love & Monsters (4).jpg (51KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
Love & Monsters (4).jpg
51KB, 600x339px
SUN IS SHINING IN THE SKY
THERE AIN'T A CLOUD IN SIGHT
IT STOPPED RAINING
EVERYBODY'S IN A PLAY
DON'T YOU KNOW
IT'S A BEAUTIFUL NEW DAY, HEEY
*ding ding ding ding*
>>
File: dahhdole.png (500KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
dahhdole.png
500KB, 1000x562px
Dahh-dole
>>
>>83001466
nardole is a pretty funny name on its own desu
>>
>>83001436
DON'T BRING ME DOWN
BRUCE
>>
>>83001426
That's not how it works, lad.
>>
>>83000598
the majority of the episode takes place with the doctor watching the glasses recording. Him at the start before he gets the email and at the end when he gets the P.S message are the real doctor.
>>
so has 12 had the most costume changes/variations/alterations of any Doctor's run
>>
>>83001017
she's going to come back in capaldi's final episode, they'll have a scene where capaldi's about to regenerate and clara's about to go back to gallifrey to die and they'll both reminisce and walk off to their deaths
>>
>>83001617
Potentially
>>
>>83001617
The first four had quite a bit of variation. It's only during the JNT era that they had a strict "costume". RTD and Moffat have been gradually undoing that, so each Doctor in NuWho has more variety than the last.
>>
>tfw the Big Finish site is down
Is this death?
>>
>>83001669
It's fine for me
>>
>>83001426
I know the first dr who is William Hartnell does that make me over 50?
>>
>>83001669
Somebody finally caved and bought the Ninth Doctor Chronicles, and reported that it isn't nearly as bad as it sounded from the advert, and suddenly everyone had to go look.
>>
>>83001669
>>83001683
It's not working if you logged in
They better not fuckup purchase DB or whatver
>>
File: 10endoftime.png (109KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
10endoftime.png
109KB, 360x360px
>>83001736
Shit you're right, it's not letting me log in either

>GUESS I'LL JUST DIE
>>
>>83001692
No, but if I said, say, "Max Adrian was never in Doctor Who?" and you, within seconds, replied "I'm pretty sure he was in the second episode of The Myth Makers", that would make it pretty likely that Max Adrian and early Doctor Who were part of your childhood.
>>
From Big Finish's Facebook page, if you're curious anon;

>Site Issues
>Apologies to anyone unable to log into the Big Finish website - we're currently investigating and normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
>We're also getting reports that some people can access it without problem - if you're having a difficulty can you let us know below if you're using a computer or a mobile device, and preferably what browser? >Please don't give framegrabs or any personal data!
>>
>>83001572
I've kind of been wondering about that. The last scene suggests that's the case, but it doesn't really make sense because
a) if most of the episode is from the Doctor's point of view, we should be as blind as him
b) there are scenes with Bill that the Doctor isn't even present for and wouldn't know about
But in the end he seems to know that Bill's date isn't out of her league even though he never met her in the simulation, suggesting that the real Doctor did see that scene somehow. Or maybe he's just saying that to be nice.

Also I think the Doctor said the sunglasses had actually been recording his thoughts, so I'm wondering if the flashbacks with Missy were actually part of the message because he kept thinking about that day.
>>
>>83001806
did something get released today and the stampede crashed the server
>>
>>83001814
>But in the end he seems to know that Bill's date isn't out of her league even though he never met her in the simulation
He doesn't have to have met her or seen her; he just has to have been told that Bill managed to get a date with her. That proves she's not out of Bill's league.
>>
>>83001766
I understand using the Myth Makers to prove my age as that's a lost story.
But all the Super Mario games are readily available to play right now.

If I fit your example
"Mario's girlfriend has always been peach" and then I say "well in Donkey Kong it was Pauline" That doesn't make me old. That means I looked it up on google.
>>
>>83001838
I don't think so, even when the Rose/Ten set was announced and the server crashed you could still login, it was just incredibly slow and finicky
>>
>>83001757
Works fine for me desu.
>>
What happened to Gallifrey Base?
>>
>>83001814
the actually footage sent was the few minutes of conversation with the corpse guy at the end.

The glasses arent blind so he would get actual footage, the episode itself is just telling US the story. Any extra info could have been sent via text like the original message. He was being nice to Bill.
>>
>>83001854
Sure, but you could have looked up Myth Makers on Google just as easily. (In fact, that's how I found that information. All I remember is that my cousin once told me that everyone from Adam Adamant was on Who at some point, so I went looking for an example.) Anyway how autistic would you have to be to look at every post on /who/ and run to Google to check out all the facts in it so you could reply within seconds?

Likewise, it's not like you can't watch the recon of Myth Makers, and I'm sure there's someone here who did so not too long ago. But decades-old episodes you watched as a completist adult fan don't stick in your head the way the ones you saw as a kid did.
>>
>>83001950
You really shouldn't joke about being under 18. As stupid as it is that this is the one rule they enforce to a ridiculous degree, people do get banned for it pretty often.
>>
>>83001950
rip underage anon
>>
>>83001950
[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

you dun' goof'd
>>
>>83001975
>>83001986
well, whoever posted that funny joke surely deleted it now. Not that they needed to, as it was merely a funny joke. ha
>>
File: come on now.gif (872KB, 412x304px) Image search: [Google]
come on now.gif
872KB, 412x304px
>>83002028
>>
File: Merely_34d334_5380319.jpg (40KB, 580x499px) Image search: [Google]
Merely_34d334_5380319.jpg
40KB, 580x499px
>>83002028
>>
Extremis overnight viewing figures 4.16 million, 3rd most watched show of the day.
>>
>>83002072
I bet every single pleb hated it. R.I.P. ratings for the rest of the series
>>
>>83002091

I suspect this too.

Well, the plebs will be happy with Chinballs and Kris Marshall next season. KinoDoctor is now.
>>
>>83001943
>the actually footage sent was the few minutes of conversation with the corpse guy at the end.
That would make sense, but the fact that the simulation parts start right after the Doctor gets the email and as they end we cut to him just having finished it suggest that the footage was everything in between. Even the way the show uses the same glitchy effect to transition from the scene of the Doctor opening the email to the opening titles and from the opening titles to the first scene of the main plot and from the Doctor sending the email to "recording ends" suggests that it's a direct transition to/from the video and the titles are just kind of shoved in the middle of the first one. Am I overthinking this? Also he says the glasses have the "memory print of the last few hours."
>>
File: Missy.jpg (69KB, 564x512px) Image search: [Google]
Missy.jpg
69KB, 564x512px
>>83000827
>mfw everything since the show came back was a simulation and Paul McGann is still the Doctor
>>
>>83001814
Doctor sent what his glasses saw, not necessary all what we saw (Bill's plot is mostly inconsequential, it's just a reveal for her) or in form that we saw (Although I wonder why didn't he just glue a camera on his glasses or something)

This whole blindness arc wears thin because really, there's no excuse for Doctor to remain blind if he has a cool-off period.
>>
>>83002265
Probably over thinking.
The memory print line keeps them pretty safe so we can assume "he knows it all".

He knew Penny was in Bills league because she already managed a date.
Was the blood trail in the portal room him? He knew about the projectors in that case.

I haven't got any explanation about showing Bill/Nardole only scenes other than he could see lifesigns from a distance away so the glasses could be tracking their memory prints too.

The only real mystery is why the tardis didn't translate Italian, except something something simulation tardis...?
>>
>>82995670
>It's been a very strong season so far

Fuck no. Not as bad as last season yet, though.
>>
>>82997811
It's funny because the ending reminded me of Bouwsma's criticism of decartes demon doubt for some reason
>>
>>83002401
>the tardis didn't translate Italian
A deliberate clue that it was a simulation.
>>
>>83002401
>why the tardis doesn't translate Italian
for the real explanation see >>83001181
But the simulation tardis explanation works perfectly well imo
>>
>>83002401
>I haven't got any explanation about showing Bill/Nardole only scenes
Same way 2 could show Zoe the complete footage of Evil of the Daleks, even the parts he was nowhere near, and the Atraxi could find Earth records of stuff the Doctor had done on other planets in the far future, and all the other examples in between: There's semi-sentient aliens who travel around recording everything that happens everywhere and everywhen so they can insert extra bonus footage into every video that anyone makes, to make them more complete and interesting.
>>
>waah missy being in the vault is predictable
Does it count as predictable when the show blatantly gave hints so you could solve it before it was revealed?
>>
>>82996570
>Although it also made me think they were going to try to destroy the whole world with some physics fuckery.

That would've been great. CERN tries to make a black hole to free everyone from the simulation, and the Doctor or companions decide whether to bother to stop them or not. Better than 'Doctor saves the day through the power of E-MAIL!!'.
>>
>>83002534
It does. I mean, there's nothing wrong with being predictable, it's amount of time that they wasted on hyping something so banal.
>>
File: 1493228127006.png (563KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493228127006.png
563KB, 1280x720px
>>83002547
>CERN/SERN
>Solving it through the power of emails rather than the microwave
>>
>>83001034
The Pope (assuming it's meant to be 2017 pope) shouldn't even be talking Italian. The Pope can only speak spanish.
>>
I had to watch the episode without subtitles so can someone explain to me why the Doctor had to keep Missy's "body" in the Vault for 1000 years ?
She was alive and the people who were about to kill her were shitting their pants, so who cares ?
And what the fuck did Nardole say to the Doctor just before Missy's execution ?

I'd be happy to understand those moments...
>>
>>83002605
The pope is like the president or the PM (and unlike the queen) in most DW though, he's not supposed to be the real current pope, just a generic pope.
>>
>>83002605
It's a knock-off fictional Pope, the same way US President doesn't look like Trump here.

Isn't England protestant country? They wouldn't recognize real pope probably and wouldn't instantly get the joke.
>>
>>83002605
Real world figures don't match in Doctor Who.
Pope, Prime Minister, President Winters, whoever this episodes president was supposed to be,

The only non-historical one I can think of is the current Queen, and royalty always seems to be maintained anyway
>>
>>83002659
Isn't the church of england a big deal and also catholic?
>>
>>83002617
Didn't get it either.
>>
File: akko.png (363KB, 457x695px) Image search: [Google]
akko.png
363KB, 457x695px
>>83002670
>Isn't the Church of England Catholic
It was literally invented to not be Catholic.
>>
>>83002617
Maybe the Oath was binding. This is why Doctor was so big on technicality.

Those executioner guys seem advanced and mystical.
>>
File: 1394992814363.png (40KB, 755x487px) Image search: [Google]
1394992814363.png
40KB, 755x487px
>>83002659
>Only catholics would recognize the fucking Pope
>>
>>83001181
>>83001315
Is that a common way to phrase that? I've never heard it before.
>>
>>83002605
>>83002659
simple answer is that in the simulation someone else got elected and a different pope was chosen
>>
>>83001034
>Having multiple people generate the same random number is SHIT programming.

Did the random numbers thing even make sense? Wouldn't it mean that at any point in human history, and certainly all through the lives of the 'current' people in the simulation, ANY time anyone ever did the 'think of a number' thing they'd have come up with the same number? Why would it only start happening after people read the veritas?
>>
>>83002696
I just assume all fuckhuge elaborate castle churches are catholic, not like I learnt any of this in school
>>
I'm going to ask you some questions /who/, I want you to answer.

Does the Veritas exist in the umsimulated world?
>>
>>83002617
SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS
>>
>>83002665
Battlefield had King Charles III in 1997. (Although I think maybe on TV they just mention "the King", and it's only the novelisation that names him?)

Then in one of the early NSA novels, they have King William V succeeding Elizabeth by 2010.

Then on TV they have Elizabeth still on the throne in 2012.

Then another NSA has Elizabeth being succeeded by Charles again some time before 2020.
>>
>>83002884
This is just them predicting future wrong.
>>
>>83002853
you slept through all the Tudor lessons in history lad?

>>83002884
I know I just said monarchs were maintained.
You missed Elizabeth I and Victoria btw
>>
>>83002845

>Why would it only start happening after people read the veritas?
Neither Bill nor Nardole read the Veritas and it still happened so you're scenario is right.
Perhaps it's not so common. When was the last time you tried thinking of a number at the same time as someone?

Although...
https://youtu.be/GKoRjrkAVwo?t=38s
>>
>>83002884
>>83002915
Disregard this I read your post wrong
>>
>>83002813
Not really, it's strangely phrased but not impossible to understand. I think Moffat may have just been making a joke about glitches.
I actually just googled the phrase "glitched the scene". There are 2 results and both of them are that quote. So yeah, not common at all.
>>
>>82992217
>That's exactly the point. Why are you using Thin Ice to talk about this?

Because I also heard it wasn't? I said that in the original post you replied to...and then explained my reasons why I felt there were grounds to complain about it at length in the post you literally just replied to. Why don't you just, y'know, read stuff BEFORE you try to find ways to pick it apart.

But yeah, I guess I'll answer this is a third time, maybe it'll sink in.

In the original post, I didn't specify Thin Ice. You can find it here >>82988204. Read it, and stop arguing with a strawman. I was replying to somebody ELSE who specifically brought up DOLLARD as an example, although that did jive with some of the things I'd heard about Thin Ice, namely, that it inaccurately represented the black population of Britain at the time. As for individual research - you yourself were unable to find a single source that specifically confirmed the Frost Fair as a peak of the Black British population. It took place in post-abolition London, which might reasonably suggest that the Black British population would experience a surge, but doesn't necessarily mean it did - and oh, wait!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/uk/2002/race/short_history_of_immigration.stm#1800s

"Abolition meant a virtual halt to the arrival of black people to Britain, just as immigration from Europe was increasing."

So...nah? Peak is completely misleading. They hadn't experienced a huge boom, but they were about to experience a sharp decline.

(cont)
>>
>>83002915
I'm not british, we don't get taught about the tudors
>>
>>83002973
Now here's the thing. When I first watched Thin Ice, I liked it a lot. Still do. The dialogue is great. The repartee between Bill and the Doctor is great fun. I love that they did history as tourism. I liked that it developed both Bill and the Doctor, and re-introduced his "alien" morals and ethics. At the time, I'd read an article with Dollard talking about how the Frost Fairs were at a particularly diverse time for London, and was impressed they'd chosen the frost fair as a time to revisit for this reason. History is white-washed. It's important to show it, but also, how and fucking WHY. However, nowhere in the episode did it mention the reasons behind this "peak" of diveristy. And it turns out, no, slavery, like, totally wasn't a thing, because the slave trade itself, if not ownership, was abolished 6 years before the Doctor and Bill showed up, and at any rate, people couldn't own slaves in Britain since the verdict of the Somersett's case in 1772. None of which was mentioned to Bill.

If Dollard hadn't decided to foreground race in the opening moments of the episode, she could get a pass. But rather than actually approaching and investigating the racial context and teaching kids the history, race is just brought up as a flimsy motif used to mark out the baddie as being a baddie. Look, evil white capitalist man! He's evil by virtue of being white and capitalist! Never mind that he'd probably be a vocal proponent of abolition!
>>
>>83002617

And why is Nardole shitting himself over the Doctor always being near the vault to keep the oath? I mean, obviously that wouldn't be a good thing, but how would it be different from all the rest of the time the Master's been free to do his/her own thing?
>>
>>83002991
But let's quote you on this >>82992217:

>Of course if you transplanted a bunch of people from 1814 London to 2017 and gave them Tumblr accounts, they'd all be hounded off the internet as racists. But mostly it would be for things like talking about raising money to send the poorest negroes back to Africa where they can live naturally (as prominent black leaders at the time were urging), not because they'd go out of their way to offend black people like a bunch of /pol/tards.

>NOT BECAUSE THEY'D GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO OFFEND BLACK PEOPLE LIKE A BUNCH OF /POL/TARDS

...So exactly like evil white capitalist man did, then? Which you admit was a cartoonish exaggeration, and not reflective of the time, OR THE HISTORICAL CONTEXT.

Which is what I fucking said in the last post. Why just show the bad guys as being ridiculously OTT villainous and racist when everybody, to a greater and lesser degree, would've been racist? And if Dollard didn't want to show proper racism, then why bring it up at all, and why fucking foreground it in the first five minutes of the episode? Why make race your central theme, and then fuck it up completely? And it's so fucking easy to fix. Have evil white capitalist man be twice as horrific by being faux-progressive. He doesn't give a shit who gets eaten, black or white, because it makes him the same amount of money! Or instead of having pie man harass the Doctor for stealing pies, have the Doctor stealing pies while he harasses Bill for being a thieving darkie. Literal dark humour! The Doctor uses Bill as a decoy by virtue of her blackness, but at the same time, shows how bullshit prejudiced man's bigotry is, because LOL, it's the white man stealing by virtue of white privilege! #deepestlore. Or shit, a line where the Doctor says Bill's safe from slavery here, as long as they avoid the Caribbean? BUT. Humanity's got a looong way to go.

All of which I knew and said without having done the FUCKING RESEARCH.
>>
>>83002617
>in the Vault
So she can't randomly act like a megalomaniac.
>>
>>83002864
If I have an ebook inside a Windows operating system on my computer does it exist?
>>
>>83002659
>Isn't England protestant country? They wouldn't recognize real pope probably

Oh dear.
>>
>>83002813
I don't think it's that common of a term, but I have heard it before. For example, Kristin Gore said there was a joke in Leela's Homeworld that they cut because it glitched the flow of the scene.

I assume it's borrowed from videogames, like doing something wrong in the scripting of a cut scene causing the game engine to glitch and screw the scene up, but that's really just a guess.
>>
>>83003133
Well, I'm from Orthodox country and I wouldn't recognize Pope. Although I'd remember he's from South America. But he still looks like the rest of them wrinkly white men, so I wouldn't even recognize him now.
>>
>>83002864

If it's truly unsimulated, why would the veritas exist? Just written by a conspiracy theorist nut?
>>
>>82995987
>42
rubbish
>Hungry Earth/Cold Blood
really didn't like this two parter. at first I got excited because I thought Chibnall wrote the two parter Rebel Flesh/Almost People. now I just can't shake out of my head that his is the weaker of the two
>Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
very boring
>The Power of Three
also downright awful

I'm rather worried.
>>
>>83002864
>Does the Veritas exist in the umsimulated world?
Why would it matter either way? It would contain a test that purports to prove you're not real, but when you try it, the test fails and it proves nothing.

It would basically come across as a failed troll. and nobody would make a big deal out of it for thousands of years like they did in the simulated world.
>>
>>82996570
Nah, it was shit.
I liked it live, then hated it five minutes after the credits after I thought about it for more than a second.
>>
>>82996434
No the real problem with the episode was that they had a strawman racist in a position of power and black redcoats IN THE SAME EPISODE. If you're going to be preachy be fucking consistent.

That's why Thin Ice wasn't just thinly veiled pro-SJW trash, but also terribly written to boot.
>>
File: black redcoat.jpg (33KB, 448x638px) Image search: [Google]
black redcoat.jpg
33KB, 448x638px
>>83003307
>black redcoats
Yes, what a ridiculous thing. Who could imagine black redcoats in the 1810s? Just because they had a division of the 2nd West India Regiment seconded to the Guards in London and that regiment was almost entirely black and we have paintings of black redcoats in London, that doesn't mean that any such people could possibly have existed.
>>
>>83003374
Reply to this>>83003099
>>
>a tv show actually wants me to feel bad about killing video game characters

This is getting really fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1493935688327.jpg (215KB, 1536x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1493935688327.jpg
215KB, 1536x1050px
>>83003307
Yeah, everybody knows that racism can't exist if there are any black cops or soldiers. Just like in today's society, right?

Even if you were correct, that wouldn't make the episode "terribly written". You really think a writer gets to decide who the extras are in their episodes? You don't think maybe a casting director is involved in that sort of decision?
>>
File: black redcoat 2.jpg (104KB, 507x692px) Image search: [Google]
black redcoat 2.jpg
104KB, 507x692px
>>83003436
No thanks, I'm not going to go read a whole wall-of-text argument you had with someone 8 hours ago and are trying to revive now that he's asleep.

Either he already gave you pictures like this and you ignored them, or he didn't and should have, but either way, there's really no argument to be had, this is just well-documented historical fact.
>>
>>83003535
I don't see any black people in that picture.
>>
>>83003374
Retard I'm saying it was contradictory. If you have a mega strawman-racist in charge he's not going to let black redcoats be a thing in his presence. That's the problem.

Also there weren't just black redcoats in the episode, but also various black c i v i l i a n extras dressed as the well-to-do.

My point is a total lack of consistency. You're painting the past as run by turbo-racists while also showing black extras given nice clothes and positions of responsibility.
>>
>>83003535

I'm not arguing with the facts. If you're going to go on passive-aggresive patronising snark-fests, at least vary up the style. You're using the exact same tone as when you replied to my posts.

>Of course X didn't happen. Of course there weren't X during X. It's not like there were X at the time or anything *link*

Either you, like the person I was replying to, are a gaping cunt and a retard, more interested in triggering racists than actually having a discussion, or you're one and the same, but either way, you're a twat.
>>
>>83003508
>You really think a writer gets to decide who the extras are in their episodes? You don't think maybe a casting director is involved in that sort of decision?
OH MY GOD YOU FUCKING MORON LMAO
THE SCRIPT LITERALLY ADDRESSES THE PRESENCE OF BLACK PEOPLE. OF COURSE IT WAS THE FUCKING WRITER'S DECISION
>>
>>83003535
That's a white man. You're dumb. A picture isn't proof anyway, because A PAINTING ISN'T A FUCKING PHOTOGRAPH
>>
File: laffin.jpg (409KB, 1157x772px) Image search: [Google]
laffin.jpg
409KB, 1157x772px
>>83003535
>that
>black
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>83003468
It's written, produced, and directed by old fucks that have a soccer mom mentality about stuff who like to go heavy on the part of the fiction in science fiction. They care more about their message than they do about plot so of course they're going to do two things
>poorly flesh out the simulation meme
>include some stupid moral bullshit that's largely contrived
>>
Jesus Christ, this series has really gone downhill. A giant monster in the Thames and no one notices? I can't believe they keep getting away with this lazy bullshit. Terror of the Zygons really was an awful start to the season.
>>
>>83003611
Jesus Christ, anon. Is this why you are desperately asking people to reply to your old posts? Because you're addicted to insulting people?

>>83003647
>photographs are the only valid form of primary sources
what on earth did anon mean by this
>>
>>83003647
>A picture isn't proof anyway, because A PAINTING ISN'T A FUCKING PHOTOGRAPH
So you seriously think that all of the paintings and records from the 1810s of black soldiers were fakes, and there actually were no black soldiers and everyone back then was racist, but they were also all SJWs so they made up fake black people?
>>
>>83003705
Paintings of white people aren't proof of black people, you silly SJW.
>>
>>83003611
>being this angry you got BTFO twice
kek
>>
>>83003722
A painting devoid of context is proof of nothing if the painting itself isn't dated or sourced. Is it a painting of a black man made for a modern history book in lieu of photographic evidence, or is it a painting of a black man made at the time? The date appears to be 1873, which, of course, is many many years after the Frost Fair, so even the point that it's trying to prove, it hasn't, through that particularly painting.
>>
>>83003739
And >>83003374 is a white person? I'm sorry he wasn't painted with caricatured giant lips and a 3-foot afro and carrying a watermelon instead of a gun.
>>
>>83003739
So you're just fixating on the fact that anon posted an incorrect picture as an excuse to ignore >>83003508 and >>83003374, right?

What you're doing is very transparent, boardie.
>>
>>83003790
He hasn't BTFO anything if he doesn't reply to the posts, and he should. It's an important discussion. To what extent the BBC was accurate in displaying the proportion of the black population is only a small factor in the actual depiction of the historical period. Pointing out that there were black people in 19th century London isn't particularly compelling if you then present a totally fictionalised portrait of black life in said time period.
>>
File: Sjw lardtanks.jpg (23KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Sjw lardtanks.jpg
23KB, 720x405px
>>83003615
>>83003657
>SJWies get BTFO and have no reply episode
Go back to Tumblr you disgusting subhuman lardtubs.
>>
>>83003822

This black man is clearly a blackcoat who has accidentally wandered onto the scene of an unrelated riot. As you can see, he's firing in the wrong direction. I count him as proof of nothing, except that a secondary regiment was formed for blackies, where they were forced to wear black coats as a further ignominy.
>>83003508
>>
>>83003611
>more interested in triggering racists
You're trying to restart an argument from 8 hours ago with new people. That's not anyone triggering racists, that's you being a self-triggering racist.

>>83003848
Yeah, probably because he's asleep now. But other people are responding to you now, and you're being just as stupid as you were then.

Well, at least this anon is done responding to you, but maybe the others will keep it up.
>>
>>83003818

That black man is from the wrong time period. As we know, 1873 predates time travel by what we can only assume is several thousand years. Thus, the presence of a black redcoat at a frost fair remains a historical inaccuracy, until proven otherwise. Of the two other pictures presented, one presents a white man, surrounded by other white men, dressed in a redcoat, and the other presents a black man, wearing a black coat, surrounded by white men, wearing redcoats. As such, I'm forced to conclude that the picture poster is a liar and a dissembler.
>>
>>83003876
Fuck off samefag lol, reply to the posts. There's nothing racist about arguing that you should depict white people as racist when they were racist, and depict that racism accurately. Please, at least do a little research into the history before you wade in with your pleb Cletus opinions.
>>
>>83003917
The painting says "1813" on it. Google's best guess for it is "black soldiers of war of 1812". So, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's from 1813, and you've just pulled 1873 out of your arse.
>>
>>83003876

How is it racist to say that they literally white-washed white racism? That's really stupid anon. From his post:

>Which is what I fucking said in the last post. Why just show the bad guys as being ridiculously OTT villainous and racist when everybody, to a greater and lesser degree, would've been racist? And if Dollard didn't want to show proper racism, then why bring it up at all, and why fucking foreground it in the first five minutes of the episode?
>>
>>83003988
What are you even responding to here?

I'm with the other anon. Try back in 8 hours and see if someone else wants to try to argue with you.
>>
Good thread as usual
>>
File: notaone.png (174KB, 771x505px) Image search: [Google]
notaone.png
174KB, 771x505px
>>83003965

I'll allow for dyslexia, stupidity, or general illiteracy, but that ain't a one, son. You can see what a one looks like next to the 8 in 1873. And it don't look like the 7.
>>
>>83004015

What other anon? You call the first anon you quote a racist but that's the anon that was arguing about white-washing racism - which isn't racist. What do YOU think you're arguing? You seem to have got really confused.
>>
>>83003965
Yeah, no, this poster is wrong.
>>83003374

In 1814 the West India regiment would've been fighting in the Peninsular Wars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_India_Regiment

They wouldn't have been in London, so including black people where they wouldn't have been, historically speaking - isn't that what this whole argument's about?
>>
beginners mistake to not make the RNG update when called
>>
>>83004168

...did /pol/ just win? How could you let this happen, /who/? I thought you people liked the Doctor. I thought you admired what he stood for. How could you let such bigotry and intolerance triumph?
>>
>>83004246
That's what happens when you write your simulated world in PHP4 instead of a modern language.
>>
>>83004246
This is the problem with when moff tries to act smart when he barely grasps a concept
>>
>>83004246
Seems like that could cause a lot of lag.
>>
>>83004291
i guess it was there as a backdoor for the simulation to end itself when the time came?
>>
>>83004332
Why didn't the monks just turn it off? Why would you need a backdoor for the simulation to turn itself off when you could literally have an off-button? How fucking lazy are these monks?
>>
>>83004362
without a defined end you cant speedrun it
Conquer Earth (kill doctor%) [WR]
>>
File: the monkees.jpg (121KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
the monkees.jpg
121KB, 768x960px
>>83004274
to be fair, these guys look ancient. They probably don't know any modern languages
>>
>>83002434
Just read it, very entertaining, but I'm not sure what it has to do with the end of Extremis. The illusion in the episode is detectable like the paper world instead of the perfect deception Descartes imagines. And yes I did picture Tom as the 4th Doctor and notice when the phrase "doctor who" appeared in the middle of a sentence
>>
Why would a race that has perfected holo technology even need to conquer anything?
>>
>>83004448
sex fantasies are out of the question when you look like >>83004390
>>
I'm willing to give Moffat benefit of the doubt and imaging all the flaws were the point, since monks seem to focus on mindfuck judging by the next two episodes.
>>
>>83004048
Er, that doesn't look like a 7 either, it looks like a 0.
>>
>>83004390
Hey, hey!
>>
>>83004274
It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools. Just don't change the apache/mod_php configs to use threads instead of processes, and you won't have this problem even with PHP4.
>>
>>83004480
Then why would you even invent holo technology

This whole fucking thing makes no sense from any angle.
>>
>>83004497
I've revised the original seven estimate, I think it's actually a two. The curvy neck bit's the same.

"2". Yeah, it's a 2. 1823. It can't be a zero, because of the diagonal slash that bisects the "r".
>>
>>83004532
>diagonal slash that bisects the "r".
The writing is just slanted. The bottom part doesn't look at all like a 2.
>>
>>83004315
It really wouldn't be a noticeable amount of lag. But really, just seed the RNG once, with the session ID, at the creation of each session. Problem solved. Then the lag only happens at birth, when nobody's going to notice it anyway.
>>
>>83004516
are you saying that you can think of literally zero uses for holo technology other than sex fantasies
>>
>>83004516
because video games train you to want to kill in real life. moffat has joined the anti-video game crusade.
>>
>>83004625
I mean sure there are some uses but I can't see any race getting to holo technology without that thought front and center.
>>
Thin Ice was just the usual heavy-handed left wing ideology inserted into mainstream entertainment where it doesn't belong which only served to made the show and all the characters look retarded.

Right off the bat a supposed intelligent and knowledgeable alien would have pointed out that there was no slavery in Britain, with it being officially declared illegal in 1833, after Lord Mansfield's judgement in the Somersett's Case of 1772 finding slavery was already unsupported in English law, and not spouted some retarded platitudes about da evil whitey, who actually made slavery a recognized moral and actual crime in the world for the first time in human history.

The usual self indulgence on the part of the writers, production staff, and probably the actors too at the sacrifice of the art and sums up the standard and real purpose of the BBC these days.
>>
>>83004625
If I've learned anything from Star Trek, it's that the only uses for holo technology are (a) sex, (b) getting the computer to create a sim-Moriarty who's smart enough to outsmart the program's safeguards and take over the ship, and (c) Joe Piscopo.
>>
I just realized they're referenced Star Trek two episodes in a row.
>>
>>83004675
Moffat talked about how he wanted to rewrite history for Doctor Who.

there is no love for history left in Doctor Who until he leaves.
>>
>>83004675
>with it being officially declared illegal in 1833
Don't worry about slavery, Bill, it'll be declared illegal 19 years from now, so you're safe.
>>
>>83004719
*they've
>>
>>83004653
Well you've also gotta think that what we find attractive and what truth monks find attractive probably differs.
Maybe they did use it for sex stuff, just because we think they look gross doesn't mean they do
>I'm now thinking of every monster in Doctor Who having sex
>>
File: 1491115611199.jpg (29KB, 570x331px) Image search: [Google]
1491115611199.jpg
29KB, 570x331px
>>83004742
>>I'm now thinking of every monster in Doctor Who having sex
>>
>>83004675
they hire lots of extras and its simply expedient to use them all rather than cutting it to whites only and they get the bonus of making idiots mad
>>
>>83004742
>>I'm now thinking of every monster in Doctor Who having sex
All at once in a big orgy with one of each race?

Come to think of it, a lot of Doctor Who monsters don't seem to have any sex: Sontarans, Daleks, Cybermen, Weeping Angels… No wonder Sil has to work so hard to make up for all of them with the perving.
>>
>>83004731
It was already unlawful as I pointed out, and had been pointed out in a court case 42 years before that episode took place. Perhaps you should read the whole post or better yet learn history from something other than a misguided liberal writer of a children's Sci-Fi programme.
>>
>>83004802
no no just with each other. Like one Raxacoricofallapatorian having sex with another Raxacoricofallapatorian. Or two Zygons getting together. Not a big orgy, just regular sex between two members of a species.
>>
>>83004912
Nobody cares about history
This is a show about a time traveling immortal alien
You have to be an absolute idiot to complain about something so stupid.
>>
>>83004943
Oh, well then there's nothing weird about it at all, carry on with your Slitheen sex fantasies.
>>
Reminder that Penny is 13th Doctor.
>>
>>83004964
Oh don't get me wrong, this is not something I want in my mind.
My mind just wandered there during the conversation about Truth Monks using their hologram technology for sex
>>
File: penny slitheen.jpg (66KB, 350x288px) Image search: [Google]
penny slitheen.jpg
66KB, 350x288px
>>83004993
Penny Slitheen from the IDW comics?
>>
>>83004731
Underrated.
>>
>yfw 20 years from now I bring back the Slitheen in a VNA-level dark episode and it's absolutely SHEEP
>>
Do we want a re-do of the games soon? i.e. in the next 15 minutes. Seeing as I couldn't finish the last one.
>>
>>83004912
>It was already unlawful as I pointed out
Slavery was always unlawful in the UK. It was never legalised in the first place. That didn't stop it from happening
>>
>>83005114
No.
>>
River will return.

The series is about confirming the Doctor is a good man.
>>
>>83005005
So when Whifferdills have sex, do they change their form continuously? That could make things pretty interesting. I know Frobisher doesn't like to talk about Francine, but maybe if we get him drunk he'll tell us.
>>
File: Richard Griffiths 8.jpg (43KB, 200x261px) Image search: [Google]
Richard Griffiths 8.jpg
43KB, 200x261px
>>83005114
Sure.

Tribute: 1990 Eighth Doctor
>>
>>83005132
These two statements have nothing to do with each other.
>>
File: two tsod suds3.png (113KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
two tsod suds3.png
113KB, 384x288px
>>83005114
Sudsy Doctor
>>
reminder that if you watch Whovians you're letting the terrorists win
>>
>>83005186
No tribbies yet please. I'll be sure to put this one in though, provided there's enough support for a games.
>>
>>83005217
i'm ready
>>
>>83005217
Wait for the next thread m80.
>>
>>83005216
How so?
>>
new thread
>>83005353
>>83005353
>>83005353
>>
>>83005124
That's where you're wrong. The Normans outlawed slavery in about the 11th century and there was no slavery in modern Britain so when a slave owner from America tried to get his property back he was told in court to fuck off.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.