[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people hate what they don't understand?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

why do people hate what they don't understand?
>>
>>82991741
I don't understand how it got made
>>
>>82991741
Because when people don't understand a thing, it makes them feel dumb. It challenges their own self-image. Above and beyond even that, it makes them hate the people who *do* understand.

I'd wondered why the people who profess to hate this movie seem so rabid in their disapproval while it's supporters seem calm in comparison. It's born out of denial and jealousy. Their self-assigned place in the hierarchy has been challenged and they defend it with tooth and nail, regardless of how irrational it makes them look.
>>
>>82991741
I hate things I understand too.
>>
>>82992586
This, tb.h. The pseudo intellectuals who nitpick this movie do it out of jealousy. They just can't accept the fact that some people were actually capable of understanding and enjoying this movie. They feel left out.
>>
>>82992783
This. When somebody says they don't like this movie, they're basically confessing how incapable they are of appreciating complex symbolism beyond what they see in Marvel and other mindless action flicks.
>>
It was simply too deep for modern audiences
>>
>>82991741
I like how Snyder is such a visionary director and writer, that he knew people wouldn't like this movie and almost certainly deliberately put that line to reflect the reaction to it, which clearly demonstrates his genius. Still, it was probably a bad decision financially for WB to chose him to spearhead these movies, and they should have basically mimicked Marvel to make profitable flicks. Unless, of course, they actually care about movies as art, which just happen to have superheroes.
>>
>>82992952
So true, it was level 10 intellectualism while mainstream audiences (and this board sadly) are on about level 2.
>>
>>82993249
>and this board sadly
That's not really fair. I see people all the time praising this movie for what it is, even if it's very short sentences, so it's loved hear as much as its hated, so I would actually rate this board pretty high intellectually for how much it appreciates this movie more than the average.
>>
Explain how capeshit is intellectual from any perspective or angle let alone this movie (srs)
>>
How many levels of irony is BvS posting on at this point
>>
Most people settle for mediocrity, and when something comes along that challenges their standards, they react negatively.
>>
>>82993430
>irony
What makes you think that? Is it really difficult to imagine somebody can see how brilliant and deep this movie was while you couldn't?
>>
>>82993398
Are you new or something? People have been posting for nearly a near how about how many levels of depth there is to this movie, as far as symbolism and complex motives goes. If you haven't see those threads, don't blame the movie.
>>
Stop triggering my autism.
>>
>>82993575
It's okay to admit that you're too stupid to appreciate this movie. No need to be triggered :)
>>
>>82991741
Oh look this thread yet again..
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.