[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw everyone is assuming that the planet David carpetbombed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 40

File: empire-cap-07.jpg (891KB, 1080x757px) Image search: [Google]
empire-cap-07.jpg
891KB, 1080x757px
>mfw everyone is assuming that the planet David carpetbombed with the black goo is the Engineer homeworld despite the fact that the humanoids who live there look drastically different from the Engineers we saw in Prometheus
>>
Who's the cuck with the hat?
>>
Why are there a bunch

I mean thousand faggots on the ground in the middle of nowhere
>>
File: 1413502882647.jpg (53KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1413502882647.jpg
53KB, 800x533px
>spacefaring civilization with WMDs
>can't even confirm the identity of a ship approaching their planet
>can't even shoot it down before it reaches them
>>
>>82975741
Maybe the engineers are themselves divided into different races kind of like, oh I don't know, humans you gay autistic faggot sage sage sage
>>
>>82975966
>can't even confirm the identity of a ship approaching their planet
Who says they couldn't?
>can't even shoot it down before it reaches them
They were obviously happy at its return. By the time they learn of its intentions it's too late to retaliate
>>
>>82975741
The thing that pissed me off with Covenant is that the crew has zero intrigue in the completely alien Engineer ship they find marooned on a planet as well as the 9 foot tall space suit they find in there, I don't think they even talked about it in the movie at all.
>>
File: IMG_4371.jpg (166KB, 1005x541px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4371.jpg
166KB, 1005x541px
>>82975741
Look literally the same
>>
>>82976136
Drastically different eyes.
>>
>>82976505
Could just be a different race. If you showed aliens a picture of white humans on mars, black humans on earth, and asian humans on the moon, they might say "different species, drastically different eyes/skin color/nose" then though they're all just subtypes of humans.
>>
>>82976596
*even though
>>
Why did David do it?
>>
Where are the female Engineers?
>>
Did they call it Alien Covenant instead of Prometheus 2 because Prometheus is considered shit?
or because "Alien" brings in more money?
>>
>>82976661

He explained why in the movie.
>>
>>82976826
Both

It was originally going to be entitled "Paradise Lost".
>>
>>82976783

They are "Engineers" the first thing they did was get rid of the women.
If you don't get this then date a couple times.
>>
>>82976783
The person on the left looks effeminate enough to be one. Theyre probably a hairless race
>>
>>82976826
I think it would have been called Covenant regardless, you can't really call it "Prometheus 2" because it's not the same ship and "Prometheus" isn't the name of the "universe" (franchise).

>or because "Alien" brings in more money?

Yes. Alien has a lot of name recognition, it's good to attract people who might otherwise not be interested. Especially with the huge number of generic crappy sci-fi movies we've been getting lately (Passengers, Star Wars 7, the one where it's Conan the Barbarian but on Mars, Guardians of the Galaxy, Jupiter whatever, etc.).
>>
if this went all fine and dandy why did the ship crash? what happened AFTER david did this?
>>
>>82976952
does it matter? does it have any baring on the plot?
>>
>>82976066
>Who says they couldn't?
>They were obviously happy at its return. By the time they learn of its intentions it's too late to retaliate

Pick fucking one.
>>
>>82977014
They learn the identity of the ship (a thousand year old research vessel), and are then happy because they think some of their war heroes or scientists are returning home. whats not to get?
>>
>>82975741
which Star Trek episode was this
>>
I miss the days where I'd get up and Alien/Aliens still took place in a mysterious universe and humans were nothing more than worker ants encountering a freaky thing.

Though in a way Aliens kinda lifted that veil when they started talking about fucking Arcturians.
>>
>>82977081
Would you be suspicious of a 2000 year old ship suddenly turned up out of the blue?

>>82977128
>Though in a way Aliens kinda lifted that veil when they started talking about fucking Arcturians
I don't remember that...
>>
>>82976596
Good chance they would not be able to tell us apart. You don't know what are their "priorities" in recognition. Maybe smell, vibrations or fuck knows are way more informative.
>>
>>82977172
>I don't remember that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEnoLnq8OZg
>>
>>82977081
>fucking ghost ship carrying extinction level WMDs appears out of nowhere with no flight plan
>hurr durr maybe it's friendly!

In the real world an unidentified strategic bomber entering your airspace is kind of a big deal.
>>
>>82977172
>Would you be suspicious of a 2000 year old ship suddenly turned up out of the blue?

I was under the impression the planet David bombed was another planet seeded by Engineers. Hence their excitement and waving when their "gods" have returned again.
>>
>>82977172
>Would you be suspicious of a 2000 year old ship suddenly turned up out of the blue?
Not if I lived in a world where people can hibernate for thousands of years
>>
>>82977278
>unidentified
David obviously knows how to work the engineer technology so who says he didn't transmit the appropriate codes or whatever the engineers have?
>>
>>82977289
Which makes sense, until you ask yourself why they went there instead of the homeworld like they said they were going to do when Prometheus ended.
>>
>>82975797
That would be toby keith.
>>
>>82977223
I think they're referring to humans who live at Arcturus, not an alien...
>>
>>82977393
Just because you know how to work technology doesn't mean you know the proper codes. The whole point of codes is make sure that you need to know more than just how to operate the technology to gain access.
>>
>>82976783
>Female Engineers

Is fiction not fantasy
>>
>>82977443

So.. it doesn't matter when its a male when its an Arcturian because..

they were clearly talking about a different race.
>>
>>82977443
>but the one you got was male...
SJW genderfluid homeworld?
>>
>>82977396
David read the map wrong.

David bombed the aliens because they were a disappointment, and WeylandYutani androids are sociopaths.
>>
>>82977517
>>82977527
Why not? Look at how weird places like Bangkok already are, who knows what could happen in space after a few generations of separation.
>>
Man, Fassbender is fucking saving these movies.
>>
>>82977289
Holy shit this actually makes sense. The only thing that doesn't fit is the deleted scene where David says he "learned of their ways" and then was teary as he killed them. It's kind of a cop out if he just killed some random humanoid peasants mistaking them for Gods.
>>
File: hr_giger_alien_III.jpg (278KB, 972x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hr_giger_alien_III.jpg
278KB, 972x1200px
>>82976070
Yea. And the really lackuster sets didn't help either. The only interesting one was the room with the big heads and even that very sparse.

>ship corridors
>wheat
>a forest from earth
>dark corridors in the ruined city
>dark rooms in the ruined city

The Engineer architecture on the ships is pretty interesting looking and their city looks like any 100AD town from the mediterranean.

Disgusting.
>>
>>82977517
>Arcturians
>Martians
>Venusians

Its the same thing as talking about a Frenchie or a Yankee. Arcturus is clearly talking about the Star system Arcturus IRL.
>>
They were the Muslims of Engineers hence the lack of technology and intelligence.
>>
>>82977128
Aliens was really the downfall of the franchise despite being a great action film.
After that you get complete turds in 3 and R, then the fucking retarded AVP films. Prometheus and Alien:C are the best films in the franchise since Aliens but the rewrites on the scripts seems to be pulling em down.
Unless you hate the direction the prequels are going, but you should've been pissed about the direction of the alien films anyways after aliens released.
>>
>>82977842
Wow dude cool it with the racism
>>
>>82977909
Muslim isn't a race, hun :)
>>
>>82975741
>its this same thread again..AGAIN
scott said they were the "offshoot" race while the ones we saw in Prometheus were the prime race
>>
>>82975863
there were lots of buildings around the large open area in the middle but they never focused on them, they were in the background and looked like these peoples homes
>>
>>82975863
Did you even watch the movie dude

How are people this fucking inattentive
>>
ITT people who don't know about the Blade Runner connection.
>>
Ok I'll repost this here since the other thread was archived.

My best guess is that's indeed another race created by the engineers.
They're more malleable and exploitable like Walter while humans are more like David.

Engineers are probably a dying civilization whose only way to keep existing is to create a new form of life (first us, then the guys David carpet-bombed). They messed up with humans who are now becoming too advanced and could potentially even threaten their existence.
>>
>>82976070
they commented about the space suits and how big they were, but they weren't sure if it was a suit or a statue
>>
>>82978159
bladerunner, soldier, the alien movies and the predator movies all take place within the same universe
>>
>>82977909
What? You want me to fry you up some latkas? Some potatoe pancakes?
>>
>>82977396

I would imagine since the Engineers were able to shield communication to and detection of the planet in Covenant, (the months long hurricane storms), they are even better at shielding their own planet from any species other than their own.
>>
>>82977604
He learned of their ways in the sense that the black goop can be used to decompose biological life to yield creation and steps towards new life like in the intro of Prometheus. He's tearing up because he learned this and learned he had to decompose of life in order to get new forms of it.

The goop isn't a weapon. It's a biological catalyst for new life. The engineers created human beings and they made a covenant with the about what would be done if they broke their side of their agreement. Upon hitting a certain point of advancement, they were to contact and visit the engineers at the planet they went to which was a showcase facility (5 temples) where they likely would have showed them more advanced technology. Upon demonstrating that they had broken all sorts of aspects of the covenant :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5j1Y8EGWnc

The engineer decided to beat them to a pulp.
>>
>>82975863
they were at a concert
>>
>make a shit thread
>nobody replies
>remake the same thread later
Just give up.
>>
>>82977604

In The Crossing Prologue David narrates he learned their ways while traveling to the planet on the ship while Shaw slept in hibernation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus&t=1s
>>
>>82975966
This annoyed me more than anything, our 21st century military might be backwards compared to them but even we wouldn't be so stupid. That was Independence Day level, the unknown ship coming back home and nobody does anything until it's too late. Imagine a long lost fully armed destroyer re-appearing and trying to sail into New York, would be destroyed long before.
>>
>>82975741
too bad they have a working fucking space pad you faggot ass retard.
>>
>>82976136
Engineers: taller, completely black eyes, completely hairless, technologically advanced.
Covenant humanoids: worship engineers, primitive clothing, shaved heads, neanderthal faces.

They were probably just another seeded race of the engineers. Unlike humans, the engineers got along with these guys and we're probably ushering them into their next step of evolution.
>>
>>82978615
Yes, he said he learned of their ways.
He didn't say what he learned was wrong or destructive.
Their ways seem to be of (((creation))) which quite clearly david became obsessed with.

At the beginning of prometheus an engineer in a cloak purposely consumes the black goop in order to spawn new genetic life.

I'm creating another thread centered on a more solid construction. I can't believe people are missing this.
>>
>>82978677
see >>82976136
they even have the same clothing.
>>
File: art1.jpg (272KB, 1300x945px) Image search: [Google]
art1.jpg
272KB, 1300x945px
>>82977618

I have Prometheus: The Art of the Film and the concept art blows away anything that actually showed up in the film. Especially the drawings for the Engineer homeworld.

I expect much of the same when the Covenant Art book arrives in the mail next week.

Not sure if it is a budget thing or what that kept these from coming to life.
>>
Watched this with my girlfriend, we unironically agreed that we liked Prometheus more despite all the problems.
>>
>>82978244
>They messed up with humans who are now becoming too advanced and could potentially even threaten their existence.

Prometheus touches on this even more when you pay attention to how the Engineer reacts after touching David and realizing he is synthetic.

The Engineers are very organic, almost religious in their ritualistic ways when it comes to creating life, (the one sacrificing himself at the beginning), so a synthetic robot like David that can live forever is not only a bastardization of how they view the cycle of life, death, and creation - but also a potential future threat to the Engineers themselves.
>>
File: EngineerSJsuitfigure.png (491KB, 589x787px) Image search: [Google]
EngineerSJsuitfigure.png
491KB, 589x787px
>>82978721
Because the superior engineers have molded their species and society. Robes have existed on earth so what's your point?
>>
File: 1399331681382.jpg (185KB, 583x850px) Image search: [Google]
1399331681382.jpg
185KB, 583x850px
David is a slave to how own programming since the only way he can create life or legacy is to do so scientifically and by any means necessary as he as meant to do all along before Weyland was killed. Hubris will be his downfall as he is further driven mad by his obsession with creating new life.
>>
>>82978674

The Engineers installed it.

Just because someone builds a Nintendo for a 10 year old boy doesn't mean the 10 year old boy can build one himself.
>>
>>82978865
David is Bender trying to make food taste good.
>>
>>82978840
^finally, someone with a brain.
>>
>>82978935
Holy shit. I understand now.
>>
>>82978747
Thanks for the mention. Wasn't aware of this.
> when the Covenant Art book arrives in the mail next week.
Is this it : The Art and Making of Alien: Covenant (simon ward)?
>>
>>82978689
In the next movie, David will sacrifice himself and give birth to the OG xenomorph in order for it to become more biomechanical and have aspects of him.
Engineers in Prometheus sacrifice themselves to create new life and so must David.
He will become the pilot corpse on LV-426.
>>
File: art2.jpg (133KB, 1023x575px) Image search: [Google]
art2.jpg
133KB, 1023x575px
>>82979163

Yeah this one: https://www.amazon.com/Art-Making-Alien-Covenant/dp/1785653814/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1495312982&sr=1-1&keywords=alien+covenant

I'm not sure what this is: https://www.amazon.com/Alien-Covenant-Official-Collectors-Titan/dp/1785861921/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1495312982&sr=1-3&keywords=alien+covenant

but I ordered it anyway.
>>
>>82976032
ummmmmmmmmm sorry sweetie but race is a social construct
>>
>>82979540
Subspecies, then.
>>
>>82979466
Just by this concept AvP could still be part of the universe. The predator understood the Aliens more and used them for their rituals
>>
File: hat.jpg (237KB, 1108x772px) Image search: [Google]
hat.jpg
237KB, 1108x772px
Did the engineers give up baseball cap technology also?
>>
File: herc.jpg (67KB, 628x415px) Image search: [Google]
herc.jpg
67KB, 628x415px
Is that Herc from The Wire?
>>
>>82975741

Is that Herc?
>>
>>82979669
no its vic mackey from the shield
>>
File: basedAvp.webm (3MB, 940x400px) Image search: [Google]
basedAvp.webm
3MB, 940x400px
post yfw Walter comes back with his predator army
>>
File: war-apes-woody-harrelson-2.jpg (16KB, 640x283px) Image search: [Google]
war-apes-woody-harrelson-2.jpg
16KB, 640x283px
>>82979669
>>
File: 3d85c67fe1c631841511767059341982.jpg (177KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3d85c67fe1c631841511767059341982.jpg
177KB, 1024x768px
>>82975741

Well, the reality is that any species that colonises space, is very unlikely to remain the same over long periods of time. Different planets will encourage divergent evolution. This is even more pronounced when it takes years and decades to go from one star to the other (isolation). Even the human population on Mars would evolve to adapt themselves to the environment (different gravity, thin atmosphere, radiation etc). Sooner or later, these breeds would diverge to the point they can no longer breed with each other, thus becoming an entirely new species.
>>
>>82975741
these are the engineer plebs, just like human plebs look like another species some times
>>
>>82979782
Why didn't his shuriken melt with the acid blood?
>>
Did the engineer create all life on the planet or just humans? For the former, they would be billions of years old, which fits their star at the end of its life.
>>
Ok so what's the deal with the engineers now. The ones in the flying saucer and the ones from the penis ships? Because Big whitey dudes have not changed in million of years. Why did one planet have a space port and not earth? Did they hate the humans are manlets?
>>
>>82978573

why the fuck was this cut? it gives the engineer an actual motivation for fucking them up
>>
>>82980200
They created wheat.
>>
>>82980146
Throw a thing through acid and find out.
>>
>>82979782
I hate the whole Xeno origin shit in this one because it uncanonizes AVP. AvP was a shit film, but I like the lore that AvP brings to the universe.
>>
>>82975741
I'm sick of seeing this fucking pic, post another you fucking faggots
>>
>>82980146
advanced space metal
>>
>>82977396
David is fallible.
Remember, he thought "Ozymandias" was written by Byron instead of Shelly.

It's not that big of a stretch to think he got the wrong planet too.
>>
>>82978573
What covenant? It just shows them making humans, never contacting them other than people somehow having cave drawings to go to them

so what part of the covenant did they break? I can see he'd be annoyed that a human comes back and wants to live forever, but why go apeshit?

and why did the black goo wreck the ship they find in prometheus to begin with?
>>
>>82980146
Why didnt the alien spray acid everywhere when his dome got split?
>>
File: wheaties.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wheaties.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>82980300
>>
>>82980252
there's more stuff that was cut that makes stupid things in the film make a bit more sense

just a mess all around
>>
>>82975966
the ship is 2000 years old, it's like if a Galley rowed down the river thames
>>
The film should have ended after the chick asks Fassbender if he'll build the cabin by the lake. They should have cut to Fassbender's face and let it be ambiguous as to whether David or Wallace survived.

FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD!
>>
>>82980296
The only way to keep and save the AvP connection is that the predators made contact but are advanced enough to keep the engineers away and Predators still use aliens for hunting. It would actually be cool the engineers make life and the predators just kill.
>>
>>82980591

In any case, everybody was going to die. No way can there be 25000 witnesses of the Xenomorph. It was either getting eaten by aliens, crashing the ship, or Weyland-Yutani nuking them.
>>
File: alien vs predator.jpg (115KB, 530x750px) Image search: [Google]
alien vs predator.jpg
115KB, 530x750px
>>82980671
The Engineers made the Xenomorphs at the request of the Predators because they wanted something fun to hunt.
>>
>>82978615
Why does he bomb their planet? Or their "other seeded planet" or whatever

weren't they supposed to be going to the engineer homeworld at the end of Prometheus?
>>
>Engineers want to destroy Earth
>David stops them
>somehow the bad guy
>>
>>82975741
kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXWpVzfZJdg
>>
>>82976783

In the kitchen.
>>
>>82977128

Arcturians could just be a human planet version of Thailand. Also, the crew of the Nostromo were so casual about the Space Jockey it implied it wasn't first contact.
>>
>>82976826
Because it was originally going to move further away from the aliens and be interesting but they needed the retard bux
>>
File: black engineer.png (68KB, 162x176px) Image search: [Google]
black engineer.png
68KB, 162x176px
WE
>>
>>82980296
There is plenty of room for Xenomorphs to be "Predator-training fodder" even if they originated from the Engineers. It's a big, ancient galaxy.
>>
>>82981866
AvP and its sequel are the only alien films I haven't seen. Is that seriously how it explains the origin of the xenomorphs? That is fucking ridiculous and destroys the spookiness of them. How could anyone think that is a good idea?
>>
File: Picture-2.png (857KB, 1273x713px) Image search: [Google]
Picture-2.png
857KB, 1273x713px
>>82976505
>>
>>82981117
>kills 2500+ People
>turns them into a breeding farm and creates the aliens
>>
>>82976783
In the kitchen
>>
>>82979466
Thank you sincerely anon. I'm sure these works will elevate my understanding and conceptualization above the Mainstream production of it for the brainlets that seem to not capture the 'don't want to be on the nose' versions of it.
>>
>>82975863
It was a Space Hitler Rally
>>
>>82975741
Could be that these aren't the engineers and that they are instead an example of a species created by the Engineers that turned out more like them whereas we turned out more defective and nutty. This would be the best case scenario because when I imagined the Engineers planet I didn't think it would look like this or that it's people would look and behave like this. I imagined they would be all over the galaxy on some completely different level. This is just dumb that they would all live on one planet like this.

Someone online had a theory that they engineers are slowly becoming less and less technological, which is why the engineer from thousands of years ago who woke up ripped off Davids head and why their technology is less robotic and more organic. Maybe by the time covenant reaches them they have given up all technology or something. I think that would be a lame story though.
>>
File: Alien-vs-Predator-Arcade.jpg (87KB, 900x525px) Image search: [Google]
Alien-vs-Predator-Arcade.jpg
87KB, 900x525px
>>82982137
because that idea came years after Aliens. and the best avp have aliens with an s.
>>
>>82975741
>analyzing trash made by a senile alcoholic
>>
>>82975741
They aren't the only creatures in this movie that look inconsistent with the rest of the franchise, don't think about it too hard, this movie is trash.
>>
>Remember this?Remember that? - The Movie
>>
File: 1491255558070.png (298KB, 515x438px) Image search: [Google]
1491255558070.png
298KB, 515x438px
>>82980252
> why the fuck was this cut? it gives the engineer an actual motivation for fucking them up
See brainlet tier responses all over /tv and understand that the average pleb is even worse.

See : http://www.blastr.com/2012/06/this_awesome_theory_expla.php

Ridley had a lot to talk about in Prometheus but hid much of it and masked it so there wouldn't be widespread revulsion. Even as such, many people got a whiff of it which is why most brainlets disliked Prometheus .. It challenged their shit tier world view. So, that scene was cut because it was to 'on the nose' about the wrong path humans were on. That being said, the movie version still had a hint of it thus a person knew why the alien smashed them to bits. People just play dumb as if they didn't get this subtlety and claim the engineers were destroyers and it was a military WMD craft.

Now you know what the deal is and can dig deeper into other hidden aspects of the covenant.

IMO, Ridley planned on micro-dosing plebs with a red-pill in Prometheus. If they had taken it well, he was going to give them gold in (Alien : Promise Land). Instead, they acted like morons which caused him to go the route of blowing them the fuck out in Covenant.

Look at it like this and you'll grasp what's going on.
>>
>>82977393
amazing how fucking far you go with assumptions and bullshit that is never even implied
>>
>>82979437
underrated
>>
>>82982650

>Something happens
>*catchphrase from previous much more famous movie*
>audience giggles, we remember that catchphrase!
>[[[they]]]] smile, stupid audience fell for it again.
>>
if david created xenomorphs then whats with the murial in prometheus and the enginers running in panic
>>
>>82983205
Space niggers
>>
>>82983205

I tought it was only about him creating the human-hybrid xeno. Not the horrors engineers might make
>>
>>82983015
You autismos will literally nitpick at anything that isn't explicitly illustrated for you huh?
>>
>>82983205
shitty proto xenomorphs
>>
File: Deacon_prometheusmovie_still.jpg (269KB, 947x510px) Image search: [Google]
Deacon_prometheusmovie_still.jpg
269KB, 947x510px
>>82984192
Probably these things.
>>
File: NMrCwEo.png (928KB, 1112x696px) Image search: [Google]
NMrCwEo.png
928KB, 1112x696px
>>82978573
why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>82983205
The engineers already had created Xenos. David just figured out how to create the same creature albeit with some changes.
It explains why the space jockey exists in Alien
>>
>>82984515
How gay robot's xenos ended with Space Jockey?
Find out in the sequel!
>inb4 David was jockey
>>
>>82984515
>It explains why the space jockey exists in Alien

What if by the time Alien happens David is making Xenos for the Engineers?
>>
>>82984595
No. Alien established the space jockey was fossilized. Theres 20 years between Covenant and Alien. Its a completely different "strain" of xeno hence the smaller eggs!
>>
>>82984626
Yeah.Unless they resort to time travel or shenanigans the Xenos in Alien and covenant are just similar by coincidence of David figuring them out!
>>
>>82984626
Yeah, a bunch of space truckers can tell if something is fossilized or not.
>>
>>82977005
>baring
Thank you for confirming that covenant apologists are mentally deficient
>>
>>82984727
It was literally rock
>>
>>82978677
this guy is probably right; this way it allows for more engineer plot
>>
>>82984756
That's just engineer quality equipment,
It rocks.
>>
>>82975741
they're obviously half-breeds. engineers stared fucking the humans and kept the offspring to experiment on
>>
>>82975741
"THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! WE'RE IN CHARGE HERE!"
>>
>>82978677
Or they're different castes or subspecies of Engineers.
>>
>>82977443
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Arcturian

Apparently they're indeed aliens.
>>
>>82985249
Also they basically raped them from the description this article gives of them.
>>
File: 20170520_202620.png (572KB, 830x946px) Image search: [Google]
20170520_202620.png
572KB, 830x946px
>>82975797
Wut
>>
>>82985249
>However, they are comparatively lacking in mental capacity; their intelligence has been likened to that of lower apes.
>Like humans, they are warm-blooded, omnivorous and breathe oxygen, yet they are eyeless and communicate and rationalize their surroundings through a form of natural sonar.
>They were the first sentient alien species encountered by mankind and humanity has since established interspecies trade with them.
This is worse than Star Wars EU shit.
>>
>>82982146
Looks so different, looks far more evolved than the ones in covenant.
>>
>>82976136
Why do the Engineers want to kill humanity again?
>>
>>82985508
The engineers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.
>>
>>82985508
They didn't, they would evolve them more with more black goo daily doses
The guy that woke up was disgusted with David because he know he can't trust (((synthetics)))
>>
>>82985508
Humans aren't baldlets
>>
>>82985715
mother fuckers just wanted some hairclub for men hahahhah
>>
>>82984444
but there were facehuggers too
>>
>>82975741

It's certainly not their homeworld because they only had one city there, surely it was a colony of Engineers.
>>
>>82975741
I understand anon but what the fuck are we supposed to think.

They stated they were going to the engineer home world at the end of Prometheus. They are big and white just like them.
>>
>>82976596
Noses vary between all members of populations, and so does skin color.
You change race when you get a tan, though, so I guess I'm the retard.
>>
>>82984569
we won't know in the sequel, they won't connect it with the first alien
>>
>>82975966
This. What the fuck man, if it won't respond with clearance codes you blow it out of the sky.
>>
>>82976136
Maybe Scott was displeased with their appearance in Prometheus and made changes.
>>
>>82975797

Holdengineer Caufield
>>
>>82979782
these movies were such garbage and these dumbfuck crossovers are capeshit-tier nonsense.
>>
>>82979782
That is some serious loony toons level filmmaking
>>
>>82986610

kek
>>
>>82979782
That is one badass motherfucker
>>
>>82981162
Its like the Professor made this with /tv in mind
>>
>>82982146
South Brazilian?
>>
File: hatisthekey.jpg (67KB, 708x646px) Image search: [Google]
hatisthekey.jpg
67KB, 708x646px
>>82985321
Wait a minute, that hat...
It's the same as the hat Fassbender is wearing on the Covenant...
That means, the Engineers are actually androids, made by man. But Engineers made man. It's all connected to the symbolism of the Ouroboros...
Fuck, Alien lore is too deep, I'm drowning
>>
File: Professor.png (2MB, 1337x880px) Image search: [Google]
Professor.png
2MB, 1337x880px
>>82981162
Funny review.
>>
>>82975966
Be Ridley Scott
>Make first movie in a new trilogy
>Make third movie in a new trilogy
>Wait for everyone to point out all the plot holes
>Make second movie connecting all the dots
>>
>>82985376
where are you receiving this from, senpai
>>
>>82979782
Anyone who supports AVP as a franchise needs to die in a fire. Predator is an overrated B-movie that never deserved a sequel, let alone dilute the work done by Scott and Cameron.
>>
>>82987498
>Predator is an overrated B-movie that never deserved a sequel
It's time to stop.
>>
>>82976783
Maybe they're not sexually dimorphic and all look like what we've seen.
>>
David mentions that he improved on the Engineer design by introducing a sub-species which had the female lay an egg inside the host to feed the offspring. But in the original Alien on a different planet in an Engineer ship with a dead pilot there's the exact species of ayy lmao David claims to take credit for.

So what gives? Did David fly back to this random Engineer ship and put the eggs there?
>>
>>82987498
Predator is better than Alien in every way
>>
>>82987744
David gets on ship
Crashes on the Alien planet for any reason
Sends message to Weyland and activates distress signal
Watch it happen
>>
>>82987811
You think he'll make another, he seems to be pretty in love with David.
>>
>>82980987
So they didn't have to write a more challenging script
>>
>>82985508
They read your post.
>>
>>82987890
He's confirmed 4 more movies after covenant that will lead into aliens anon.
>>
File: Hal.jpg (187KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Hal.jpg
187KB, 800x533px
>>82988397

Fuck
>>
File: hoodie.jpg (42KB, 672x387px) Image search: [Google]
hoodie.jpg
42KB, 672x387px
has anyone pointed out the discrepancies in the Engineer's hoodie game? Maybe they have many forms of sewing
>>
Hey guys, just watched this movie.

Why, at the end, was David able to override the ship with his own unique security code?
>>
File: 1262173232200.jpg (369KB, 700x902px) Image search: [Google]
1262173232200.jpg
369KB, 700x902px
>>82977618
You're dumb. The necropolis was gorgeous, and the art and specimens littering David's study areas were gorgeous. The fucking ship hangar with all the chains looked sick and acted as an homage to the first alien. If they went full fucking avatar on the planets surface it would've looked like shit. The whole planet was supposed to be "too good to be true", you ape, not another dysmal hellscape like in the old movies.
>>
>>82980671
>>82981866
Xenos shouldn't exist in AvP because David hadn't invented them yet.
>>
>>82975741
oh so it's already primed for a retcon is what you're saying?
>>
>>82988806
He was the personal android/son of Wayland.
>>
>>82988654
I don't know if you've considered this my friend, but, us humans don't even have spaceship visitors and shit but we have the capability to make theoretically an infinite amount of different textures in our clothing. So these guys can of course vary their textures a bit too since that's technology that comes a few thousand years before spaceships
>>
>>82988868
So they programmed an old ass android to have security clearance in absolutely every ship just because?
>>
File: alien3.gif (2MB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
alien3.gif
2MB, 500x211px
>>82988834
It's Scott's baby, he has the call on the franchise. The avp franchise shouldn't have crept away from comics and games. It's fan fiction tier
>>
>>82980443
>What covenant?
Why do you think that term was used? If you care to find out, research what covenants are spoken of in RL by various groups to claim to represent the tales of creation and the words of the creator. Ridley didn't create this in a vacuum.

> never contacting them other than people somehow having cave drawings to go to them
Google Ridley's remarks w.r.t to the meaning of Prometheus. He mentions that there were multiple contacts (17minutes into Prometheus they detail the various contact and stories woven into civi. across various points in time). These are real civilization and real records if you care to research them. Likely suppressed because (dumb human beings want to reign over each other, wage war, and conquer).

> so what part of the covenant did they break?
Google it. It shouldn't take long to find religious covenants.

> I can see he'd be annoyed that a human comes back and wants to live forever, but why go apeshit?

- Not knowing that facing your creator is that serious
- Showing that you have broken their covenant
- Pridefully and arrogantly declaring it
- Expecting there to be no consequences given what was sacrificed to make you

> and why did the black goo wreck the ship they find in prometheus to begin with?
The black goo wrecked the bio facility because it's decomposition Goo and it was seemingly mishandled. Note the biohazard suits prominently displayed. Also note who prometheus was and how this fits in with the engineers. There are two types of Good... One decomposes and another seems to be partially composed go that when digested morphs biological life. The decomposition goo decomposes biological life all the way down to DNA and begins recomposing new strands (likely the partial goop in the glass cylinders). So, the engineers were decomposing biological life and had a storehouse of partial recompositions. It was an engineering facility. The materials are powerful thus why it was a contained facility with hazmat suits.
>>
So is Ridley just taking the piss trying to anger the fanbase or is he really this dumb?
>>
Top grievances of the film, go
>>
>>82982367
Sound thinking.
They focused on harmony with nature's building blocks. Thus using sound waves (flute) for communication .. etc. I don't believe the planet in Covenant to be the engineer's home planet. It more clearly looks like another one of their engineered outpost planets. The people look as though they kept in harmony with the planet they lived on. They have a docking port and were excited for the engineers return. The dome building is similar to the temples found on the Prometheus planet if you look close enough. It's probably where they commune with their creations on visits. You can see reflections of them in the temples as they were reflected in Prometheus' temples.

The engineers had contact with Human beings across multiple civilizations (see 17minutes into Prometheus). However, it's obvious that a particular branch of civilization error'd and went away from contact that they made.
>>
>>82975741
The part that annoys me about these movies is that they touch on some interesting concepts and themes, then it just devolves into a bunch of retards who are top scientists exploring a planet, and DUDE XENOS LMAO
>>
>>82976596
Imagine if aliens watching us are amazed that different species can get along with each other as well as we can even despite the problems when they themselves annihilated all different species on their world.
>>
>>82984466
It's a cryo chamber.
>>
>>82979782
man this has the vibe of comedy godzilla kino
>>
>>82985508
because we killed engineer jesus
>>
>>82988993
>Showing that you have broken their covenant
What covenant? You keep saying the point was for us to advance and go meet them. But we did. And are being punished?
>>
>tfw ridley fucked it up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmTKsexYWzM
>>
>reach first alien planet
>only one structure on the entire planet

>reach second alien planet
>only one city on the entire planet

It's getting a bit ridiculous
>>
>>82975741
Why they look like cave people in this? They looked perfect in the movie.
>>
>>82989208

>the Covenant crew flew all over the entire planet to look for other cities and didn't find any
>>
>>82989069
My top grievance is

>The captain finds David staring at an alien eating his crewmate alive
>David clearly butthurt at him when he shoots the Xeno
>David shows him his creepy bestiary and experimented on dead Shaw
>David leads him into a basement with fucking live eggs
>Egg opens up
>David tells him it's perfectly safe
>For some reason, despite all of the above, he trusts David and walks over to the egg and gets face hugger'd

Literally 0 reason he should have trusted him at that point, quite the opposite

In fact most of my annoyances with the movie can be summed up with

>Supposedly some of the top scientists in the world act like a bunch of fucking retards for the sake of the plot yet again

Pretty much the same as Prometheus
>>
>>82989272

>David sat in one city all that time because there was nothing else on the entire planet to experiment on

>wiping out one city entirely made noone come in and check out what's going on
>>
File: 28zqVhjQMRM.jpg (43KB, 510x527px) Image search: [Google]
28zqVhjQMRM.jpg
43KB, 510x527px
>>82975966
They are not Engineers, they are the creations of Engineers just like humans. Engineers made not only us, but many different species.
>>
File: 1486643108502.gif (400KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1486643108502.gif
400KB, 500x367px
>>82988889
>I don't know if you've considered this my friend
>Maybe they have many forms of sewing
was it worth it? I hope it was
>>
>>82989197
score is incredible.
>>
>>82987463
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Arcturian
>>
>>82989290

Well bear in mind that the captain grew up in a society where these androids are to be trusted with your life and are completely benign and even helpful. They even had one on the ship that was a total bro.

Given that the captain should've opened fire on David the moment he felt something is out of place. The android may have spent too much time on the planet and went rampant.
>>
>>82989290

He wasn't familiar with the idea of an android that could lie, or that had any desires of its own. David was a prototype, Walter is the kind of android the captain was used to.
>>
>>82985508
This is an assumption. A bad one.
At the open of Prometheus, an engineer sacrifices himself and consumes the Black goo to spawn and create new varied life (Assume this is earth).

> Insert human history
> FFWD to humans arriving on the prometheus planet
> Discover the Engineer's bio engineering facility
> Like dumb humans assume its a military attack ship
> Discover ship had (been) to earth - See 17min into prometheus .. they came to earth several times
> Assume this ship was going to earth to destroy it
> Wake up engineer who retreated when there was an outbreak
> Show that they have broken their covenant
> Arrogantly display they they think they're god and want to live forever
> Engineer beats their ass.

Nothing reflects the engineers want to kill humanity. He rips David's head off (an android) - (((fuck your creation))). Slaps Wayland out the way for being a prick and was headed to initiate the ship and take off.. Everyone goes apeshit and starts harming him. They get BTFO.
>>
File: Prometheus-bluray-0776.png (118KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus-bluray-0776.png
118KB, 500x208px
Why is it that people hated Prometheus? I thought it was enjoyable
>>
>>82989428
they were told to
>>
>>82976070
One says they appeared to be giants & another says "or maybe just statues" or some shit close to that
>>
>>82989405
>>82989410
Walter said that they changed from the earlier models of androids because humans didn't like them thinking for themselves, so presumably it's fairly common knowledge that the early androids could create and question.

Alarm bells should have been ringing, especially after David showed he'd been trying to create alien species and he'd just watched one eat his friend
>>
>>82985932
Like idiots they misinterpreted the data.
Earth was in the system because they had been there and the Covenant planet was in the system because they had been there too. David was already acting like an asshole, so there's no reason to believe a word he said about what he found.
>>
File: tearsintherain.jpg (92KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
tearsintherain.jpg
92KB, 960x638px
>>82982377
>We'll never get an AvP story as cool as the arcade game.
>>
>>82975797

i dunno... you?
>>
>>82989428

Nice looking shots and production values do not make up for idiot characters, a plot that never delivered and a underwhelming way to add backstory to the alien franchise

It could've went a completely different way because there were a lot of interesting themes to explore but it just ended up a generic slasher movie in the end with the almight black goo used for whatever purposes the plot needed
>>
File: 1480675509093.png (26KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1480675509093.png
26KB, 750x750px
>>82989356
Since he had to make a post about it it was obviously needed, so, was it worth it to tell me this? I hope it was
>>
>>82986055
It wasn't a military vehicle.
It was an engineering research facility vehicle that likely shared new product with outposts.
The covenant planet was an outpost planet that the engineers hadn't be to for some time.
People ran out to greet it.
They only knew something was wrong when the decomposition vases were let out of the cargo bay as they were probably shown what that stuff was.
>>
>>82985407

Whoops, someone doesn't understand how evolution works
>>
Is it just me, or is the albino proto-xeno way more dangerous than the traditional Xeno? All you have to do is inhale a spore and an hour later a fully formed alien crawls out of you.
>>
>>82988935
Same code base which is why the ship AI is called mother. The Android David is likely the 'son' (humanized version of it).
>>
File: Barney sad.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Barney sad.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>Walter just wanted to help build a little shack
>Dead and buck naked in that shitty city
>>
>>82989602
Easier to infect and shorter gestation, but the adult you end up with is a lot more vulnerable.
>>
>>82989038
He had to dumb down prometheus so it wasn't to "on the nose". He went into detail about this. Even after having done so, people raged at what the film implied. Prometheus was an excellent film. People hated it because the subtitles challenged their world view. Based on the childish way people reacted, Ridley changed the follow up film from Alien : Promise Land to Alien : Covenent whereby he literally depicted dumbass brainlets getting BTFO and making the victor be david who says they aren't worthy of living. Bold as fuck if you ask me. I'm sure this went over the heads of normies.
>>
>>82989540
I added the caveat of "maybe diff. sewing" in an attempt to shut-down the knee-jerk autism posts that would surely point out that weaves and textiles differ. I think everyone realizes this, but what was implied in both films by the uniformity of clothing was an often-used trope of "we'll all stop worrying about variety of appearance long before we wuz spacefaring." Seems as though this was RS or whomever designed the robes intention, but you just had to be that guy
>>
>>82989716

and as a bio-weapon, maybe it's better to have the host not chestburst for a while, so they could get into a more populated area first.
>>
>>82978525
Didn't think of this until you mentioned it. It makes sense and holds that this was done to protect the local inhabitants from electronic technology that was searching them out. It's probably why their ships could see and human ships couldn't (aside from the beacon) transmission that got out.
>>
>>82989781
They have sculptures and architecture beyond what is only necessary. They care about aesthetics. So wanting to complement their features with minor variance in accessories, colour, textures, and silhouettes isn't farfetched at all. "waah waah no ur autismposting me no go away"
>>
>>82979540
ummmmmmmmmm sorry sweetie but it isn't
>>
File: CwDXPYlXYAEBHUn.jpg (72KB, 720x801px) Image search: [Google]
CwDXPYlXYAEBHUn.jpg
72KB, 720x801px
I... AM... SHODAN...
>>
>>82989933
What the f*ck is his problem?
>>
>>82989881
I'm sure once your favorite e-celeb film faggot posits the same theory it will take days to clean the cum off of your monitor
>>
>>82976066
you're telling me they didnt ask for verification while it entered their airspace like any other military power does?

immersion ruined
>>
>>82989964
lol at projecting this hard

just ask less stupid questions next time maybe youll spare yourself from getting mad, ok?
>>
File: enough.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
We gotta put him down boys

Before he goes full Lucas
>>
>>82977289

>tfw the "engineers" that wanted to bomb us were also like David and just getting back to the real engineers over some convoluted reason
>>
>>82989173
The whole point of life is to advance and come to understand creation. It's what science is focused on.

The issue is the mentality of the human beings even after they had technologically advanced. They're two separate things. The crews in all of the franchises are depicted as being idiots. The nature of the mentality of the crew is the same dumb shit you find in present day society. People picking on the theist... Behaving like children. Alien (1979) corrupt company that doesn't give a fuck about human beings plundering the universe for resources. Do you think that's what the engineers had in mind w.r.t to advancement.

We've advanced technologically but digressed spiritually and socially. The films depict this. This is what made the engineer slap people around. The point isn't technology. It's to advance in mentality which is why the Engineer's outpost planet in Covenant was more clearly in line with and more in touch w/ the engineers. They more clearly look like a harmonious society that hadn't lost touch with the roots and wishes of the Engineers.

What's the point of technological advance if you lose yourself in the process? Do you want me to point out Real ancient civilizations who outlined this?
>>
>>82985321
>Comfy Man

he just wanted to be comfy and go to a ball game
>>
>>82990007
kek
>>
An ideal modern sci fi movie would be an equal mix of Prometheus and Interstellar.
>>
>>82990012
Oh so just your shitty headcanon. Damn I thought you actually knew something.
>>
>>82989208
There were 5 temples if you go back and look closely. The prometheus planet was a bio-engineer outpost.

The second planet was an engineered colony that was living in harmony and within accordance with the engineers Covenant thus didn't create their own artificial technology beyond what was shared with them, lived in harmony with the land, and didn't bread to the point of destroying their planet.

I'm starting to believe one's perspective on this depends greatly on their world view and whether one do indeed believes there is something of merit at the heart of Real world ancient civilization. Funny that Ridley set up this divide and embedded it in the films
>>
>my dick when David lightly kisses Walter
>>
>>82989992
it is valid and will play a role. I have no doubt
>>
>>82990043
An ideal modern sci fi movie would have no similarities with Prometheus at all you shit eating retard
>>
>>82987498
Cameron shat on what made Alien great. Instead choosing to make a generic 80s action flick.
>>
>>82989955
You and your people.
>>
>>82990043
>"muh grounded-in-as-little-imagination-as-possible modern flicks"

off yourself
>>
>>82989428
Prometheus was an amazing film.
I am starting to believe that a good number of the people who didn't like it didn't like it because it suggested a creator and reflected theism. They didn't like it because they got a whiff of something that conflicted w/ their world view. Prometheus was an excellent foundation for the follow up films and actually was the first installment to shed light on the back story.
>>
This movie felt so fucking stupid and pretentious.
>that girl that kept fucking slipping and running bsck and forth screaming with the shaky cam
I heard people in the theatre laughing at that scene, and I had to stop myself from joining in.
>>
>>82990012

To keep it simple, all you need to know is given to you in Prometheus.

1. The engineer that seeds life on Earth is deliberately shown to us in a way that suggest ritual and ceremony, heavily implying that not only seeding live but HOW it is done is important to the engineers.

2. It is known they have visited before (cave paintings) and communicated with us in a satisfactory manner.

3. Something happened in the development of humanity that made them want to wipe us out, presumably because we didn't advance along a path they approve of

4. To drive that point home Weyland shows up in front of an awakened Engineer flanked with people with guns, with an artificial human and immediately demands immortality, even outright saying he is a "god" and the same as the engineers.

A pretty straightforward conclusion is that humanity became a selfish, petty and materialistic race that lacks spiritual purity and modesty that the Engineers require.
>>
>>82975741
It's not necessarily their homeworld, you have a point there. I don't think it matters that they a little look different, a lot of time has passed and these are obviously poorfags that jump off their porches whenever a fancy car rolls through town.
>>
File: 1489348011604.jpg (45KB, 630x686px) Image search: [Google]
1489348011604.jpg
45KB, 630x686px
>>82990098
Yes, you are completely right, the next four films will be lengthy documentaries about the craft and workmanship of the engineers subcivilizations. Ridley will delve into the topic of "creation" so literally and revolutionarily that people will have no choice but to give all the oscars to him for his ingenuity, and we will all relish in the artisan knowledge of make-believe alien clothmakers and tailors
>>
>>82990071
Proving no matter what is conveyed or detailed, people will chose to believe what they want. Glad to have entertained you I guess.
>>
>>82990267
you must have had the horrifying realization as you composed this that, given the nonanswer-having meandering we've seen thus far, this remains a distinct possibility
>>
>>82990380
A lot of people here are shitposters, they don't care for answers.
>>
>>82990249
1.) Agreed
2.) Agreed. Multiple times across multiple civilizations in instructional ways.
3.) Eh'.. Not sure about the wiping out part but yes I agree with the other part.
4.) Yes. Agree here. They showed us how to reach them once we had gotten to a certain point of understanding... We show up demonstrating how fucked up we've gotten. Maybe at that point they felt a certain way. It isn't shown that they even knew about us until then. We came to them.
The prometheus planet seems to be a bio research outpost. Nothing examples the goo is a weapon. It's just a powerful substance.

>A pretty straightforward conclusion is that humanity became a selfish, petty and materialistic race that lacks spiritual purity and modesty that the Engineers require.

Yes, glad I'm not alone in this interoperation.
A powerful film series and message.
Thanks for sharing anon.
>>
>>82990380
You conveyed nothing of substance. Your meandering post covered shit unrelated to and unsupported by what is presented in the films or their related materials. In terms of who is electing to believe what, you're here electing to believe in conjecture and word association over hard fucking evidence.
>>
>>82990550
Whatever you say. Managed to find someone who understood similar things :
>>82990249

You asked questions. I answered to the best of my ability. You felt my answers were bullshit that lacked substance. Whatever you say.
>>
Did anyone else think this movie felt horribly pretentious?
>>
>>82980429
Great to know that the character the director has decided to drop the ACTUAL main character in favour of is actually just a malfunctioning droid who's scheming is only allowed to proceed due to the idiocy of the humans he encounters
>>
>>82990550
>Whatever you say. Managed to find someone who understood similar things :
Understanding and accepting are two separate things. You are making assumptions based on connotative evidence which is fucking asinine.
>>
>>82990674
(you)
>>
>>82990674

not every movie you don't understand is "horribly pretentious"
>>
>>82990710
Fantastic response anon, thank you for the (you)
>>
>>82990735
(you)'re welcome
>>
>>82990674
Yes. Saw it yesterday, afterwards I discussed with my friends that I felt like it was overcompensating for its flaws by using "intellectual culture" like mythology, classical music, and art to pass off better.
>>
>>82990267
I was rather hoping that the differences in the fine weave indicated a caste system or just your garden variety class discrepancy and would identify this as indeed being the home planet. They are a ritualistic bunch. That usually extends to garments and sewing methods
>>
>everyone screaming about plot holes
>everything is actually explained in the movie
It's like Prometheus again.
>>
>>82990734
I understood the movie perfectly, but it started to feel like a self parody during the scene with the girl slipping and screaming all over the ship
>>82990787
Ye. David's constant quoting of Greek and shit got really irritating after a while.
>>
>>82990832
they will be screaming about how "underrated" it is when the sequel hits
>>
>kills off an entire civilization of innocent humanoids
>vivisects Doctor Shaw to create the proto-eggs
Was it autism?
>>
>>82990793
If that was what you meant, I think from my memory of the film as I saw it yesterday there were "wiser looking men" with a bit different style standing on what I think was the stairs to the temple or what it is there behind. Maybe three or five, as they happily gestured as their doom arrived. I'm not sure though, just my memory. They made me think a bit of our western philosophers with how they looked and gestured so I assumed they were like appreciated and learned men or something
>>
>>82989410
>captain is so used to androids not lying he ignores all the weird shit David is doing

>this somehow explains him not informing the remaining ground crew who he was in radio contact with anything about what's going on
>>
>>82990873
you're autist.
>>
>>82975741
>all of them are bald
>all of them are dressed the same
>all of them are dressed like iron age humans
Goddamn this is so unimaginative
>>
>>82990873
He was envious of both humans and engineers being creators and him just a creation.
>>
>>82975797

your mother
>>
>>82990991
they are dead, who cares?
>>
>>82990873
>vivisects Doctor Shaw to create the proto-eggs
was that what he did?
the drawings were both vague and were only shown briefly so all I could pick up was that he did something bad to her
>>
>>82990934
it's gonna be Eloi and Morlocks
>>
>>82990999

That's actually a great way of explaining everything David does in a very simple way.

In addition to that, Weyland had him custom made to be a all-purpose scientist of sorts so he can figure out how Engineers do things on Weyland's behalf. So the base programming he has is that of a investigative scientist type. After Weyland was dead David had to refocus his "research" on his own thing which leads to what we got in A:C.
>>
>>82991051
nah, he's joking, David just rape her.
>>
>>82990222
Nice try Lindelof
>>
>>82991051
Her body was on the table in a shot or two
>>
>>82990991
I hadn't considered this but you are completely right actually. It would be so fun to come up and trace through thousands of years of development how an entirely different culture would look like architecture and fashionwise (and all other 100s of ways), much like feudal japan to many is immensely culturally rich an alien civilization would be even even more. Beyond our dreams wild and fulfilling. But instead we get boring shit
>>
>>82990862
Nobody is saying that about Prometheus
>>
>>82991183
yes, I am.
>>
>>82991183
>Nobody is saying that about Prometheus
kek, first day online in months?
>>
>>82990147

to be fair, it was a pretty good generic 80s action flick.

>>82990862

isn't that every movie? it's total shit, director is a hack, writers should be shot, etc. and then the next one comes out and it's fine. the new one is a turd until the next movie comes out, then it becomes kino.
>>
http://www.strawpoll dot me/13009520
>>
File: c as in catwoman.jpg (55KB, 494x578px) Image search: [Google]
c as in catwoman.jpg
55KB, 494x578px
>the wheat is important
>wheat = grain
>the grain of the threads in the engineers robes
just solved it all for you ungrateful pricks, you're welcome!
>>
>>82975741

>no females

They desired to die anon.
>>
>>82989121
Agreed. The conversations between David and Walter were pure kino.
>>
Is there a cam-rip stream anywhere?
yes, I know it's disgusting, but its going to be forever before I can watch this
>>
>>82989290
i was able to forgive this part. the only thing that kind of bugged me was how they trusted "walter" coming back on the ship. She should've took the precaution that it could've been David and killed him while he wasnt looking. he was only a robot so it wouldnt have been bad to take the chance and kill him.

other than that though i loved the movie
>>
>>82990147
It was a perfect generic 80s action flick. But yes, there was no reason for it to be set in the Alien universe other than $$$
>>
>>82989121
They're 1950s sci fi plots crammed into 2010s """"""sci fi""""""" blockbuster format.

It's such a shame because these would make for fantastic space dramas with a pervasive horror element to propel them instead of these pseudo intellectual action flicks.
>>
>>82988978
source of that gif?
>>
>>82990249
The whole theme these movies seem to be going for are that creation is bad. Just like Prometheus stealing fire, humans developing the technology to create life leaves THEIR creators at a loss, as they have been usurped in the order of the universe. Just as David, a life form developed by man, was an abomination who killed a bunch of engineers, the xenonorphs, creations of David, kill a bunch of humans. One's children destroy one's creator.

The engineers' culture is a wholly alien set of concepts, with their ideas of colonization being to drop their colonists off and drink muta-goo to seed the planet with life that would create a species similar to engineers.

The incident that caused the facility to be abandoned in Prometheus, while unexplained, could easily be caused by more creations run amok, perhaps by more visitors who were lifeforms seeded by engineer hands.

The problem is this all falls short when the series is a bunch of slasher flicks. The narrative about creation means dick all when all anyone cares about dumb people getting killed by horrible creatures.
>>
File: 1421025285175.gif (2MB, 220x242px) Image search: [Google]
1421025285175.gif
2MB, 220x242px
>>82978598

A concert full of skinheads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDKRa8fJhig
>>
>>82979437
Didley will unironically do this. Fucking hack writing.
>>
>>82989428
People saw Alien and thought it was groundbreaking. Then they saw Aliens, then Alien3. Then 20 years later a new one comes out and they foolishly expected Alien when they should have known they were gonna get something far far less. Scott has been washed up for a good 10 years now. Their expectations were too high going into it, nothing could have sated them.

They should have tempered their expectations knowing Alien Resurrection exists.
>>
>>82990684
How to be wrong: the post.

Everything he is saying makes sense and fits. Especially when you realize the original plan for prometheus was for Jesus to be an Engineer, and we kill him. The movie takes place on christmas day even.

The entire idea with the Engineers is they are "godlike" but see it as normal life. In their own lives it isn't godlike, its normal. They have surpassed the need for a god, they look in the mirror and see a mortal equivalent. We as humans cannot even grasp that concept fully, we are still in the denial but secretly pray when shit hits the fan mode.

Look into a lot of sci-fi stuff involving the concept of "uplifting" and you will understand instantly what the Engineers are. They aren't going to be all roses and sunshine, they will uplift you but only if you play by their book, hence why they thought it was a good idea for THEM to uplift YOU.

fucking plebs.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.