[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: AD4S[1].jpg (645KB, 640x933px) Image search: [Google]
AD4S[1].jpg
645KB, 640x933px
What went wrong?
>>
>>82974445
>Not having the whole cast together
>Writing too ambitious but not funny enough
>>
>>82974569
Spot on

I read somewhere that the 5th season had been confirmed with the whole cast, more like the first 3 seasons. So I guess there's still hope.
>>
The 4th season of AD felt a lot like the 4th season of Community. it was as if new show runners were thrust into the roles and tried to re-create what made the original series so great.
>>
S4 is the thinking man's season
They're all good and I think it worked. 3 seasons was good enough for me, and it had a beginning and an ending and wasn't as abruptly cancelled as would otherwise be believed. S4 was a nice shake up, and I think they'd have to do something like it (but different) again for S5
>>
>>82974805
The characters don't work on their own as well as they do when they are together
>>
>>82974569
I've never even seen it, but I can tell that this is probably correct.
>>
>>82974445
Writing the first and last episode first and then writing everything in between by filling quotas.
Also letting Lindsay get plastic surgery.
>>
File: 220px-Ellen_DeGeneres_2011[1].jpg (20KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ellen_DeGeneres_2011[1].jpg
20KB, 220x330px
>>82975130
>Also letting Lindsay get plastic surgery
What did she do to her?
>>
>>82975375
Her name isn't Ellen Degenerate without reason
>>
File: ArrestedDevelopmentSeason4.jpg (26KB, 560x317px) Image search: [Google]
ArrestedDevelopmentSeason4.jpg
26KB, 560x317px
Netflix.

The characters aren't a family, everyone is off doing their own things. They're disconnected and

George-Michael's college plotline is just awful. It's not "funny-cringe", just cringe.

Feels incredibly mean-spirited, like what happened to The Simpsons over the years:

-The interactions between Gob and Michael; Michael is also inexplicably a narcissist liar.

-Tobias knowingly exploiting drug addicts, has lackluster motivation.

-Gob being a complete asshole to his son

-There's some incredibly distracting video effects, like prolonged scenes with "SHOWSTEALER PRO TRIAL VERSION" watermarks in the center of the screen (this shows up in Netflix, so meta XD)

Other scenes have color filters switching back and forth between "vibrant" and "muted", also distracting.

The weird, intrusive Salsa music that ALWAYS PLAYS whenever George and Lucielle 1 have a conversation.

And again, they simply aren't a family. No inexplicably comfy-kino in the model home/penthouse, no machinations and tenuous alliances.

Some parts are good (mainly George and Lucielle 1's eventual redemptions), it's probably worth a watch, but nowhere near the kino of the original seasons.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.