[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he ever good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
Was he ever good?
>>
>>82968852
no
>>
>>82968852
Nope.
I move it way back when, but in retrospect it's all terrible.
>>
He was the best
>>
>>82968852
Keep crying.
>>
He was original. But he spawned a horde of autism that hasn't been reached since MLP.
>you now remember Alexander4488
>>
HE'S GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAST
>>
>>82969927
>The videos about the time he got cucked in a nightclub are gone forever
>>
>>82969955
>tfw he made a video in the desert and ranted about killing his gf who cucked him
>>
>>82969951
TO TELL YOU 'BOUT HIS SPECIAL ED CLASS
>>
>>82970101
IT'S BACK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qySCEaT1Os
>>
File: 1483977686173.jpg (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1483977686173.jpg
13KB, 256x256px
>it's another internet reviewer becomes too arrogant and starts producing his own original content outside of reviews to expand his fictional universe in order for his cinematic debut episode
>>
No. Never got his appeal.
>>
>>82970241

I hope someday James or Doug will reveal that some producer told them to include a black guy and a chick in order to gain more money, and that they were contractually obligated to not mention it to anyone. What a fucking coincidence that the AVGN had to have a black guy instead of Mike or that other guy.
>>
His humor is laughably repetitive and juvenile, and his acting is incredibly wooden.

Say what you will about modern youtubers, but most of them at least have to have a certain level of stage presence and charisma to stay afloat when everyone and their dog is trying to become youtube famous. James wouldn't be able to make it if he was trying to get popular nowadays. He's lucky he was one of the first.

He does have some good technical filmmaking chops and a legitimate love of the medium, so I'll give him that.

>>82971024
Not memeing, it was most likely unironically James's wife who was responsible for that.

She made a blog post on cinemassacre years ago talking about how she wanted to introduce diversity into cinemassacre and apparently had a bigger role in the production of the movie, being credited as executive producer and production assistant.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 555x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 555x475px
>>82968852
Pay attention, because this isn't a shitpost:

The first video he did - Castlevania II - is the only funny one, and it's absolutely fucking hilarious because his rage is sincere. All the other ones are acted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4we8iFk-fY
>>
>>82968852
No, he was only enjoyable as as a sixteen year old, back when his shtick was a fresh concept. He singlhandedly spawned the 'gamers are so so angry! xD' meme, which eventually morphed into lets plays and various other cancerous off shoots.

His non AVGN content is often even worse, somehow.
>>
>>82969927
Does anyone know the name of that chubby guy with glasses (he usually wore a tanktop) who would make a response video with his webcam to EVERY video James uploaded, and then aggressively listed every point made in James' videos? James would upload "You Know What's Bullshit: Printers", and then the reply guy you now remember reply girls holy shit would make a video of him sitting in front of his webcam going "OH BOY PRINTERS ARE SUCH FUCKING BULLSHIT I REALLY HATE PRINTERS HOLY FUCKING SHIT FUCK PRINTERS"
>>
Take your damn clothes off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyaF_gCKWsI
>>
AVGN from 2006 to 2011 is top comfycore and I rewatch all of it every year.
>>
>>82971779
this review was pure kino
>>
>>82968852
he peaked with his Ghostbusters NES trilogy
>>
>>82971779

AVGN from 2007-2009 was pure review kino
>>
>>82971779

>John, are you gay

Gets me everytime
>>
>>82971779
To be fair the jokes for Plumbers Don't Wear Ties write themselves, I mean it's The Room tier
>>
>>82972865
That was a great episode
>>
File: ryan.jpg (118KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ryan.jpg
118KB, 1024x768px
I want to see more Ryan. He is amazing and so muscular.
>>
I never really watched AVGN besides the classics (superman, ninja turtles) but since they've been uploading the full "seasons" to YouTube I've been binge watching them. Interesting to see the quality arc go up and down. Season 5 was the renaissance where he temporarily got his shit back together and re-reviewed some old games with 90% focus on the actual game.

When he's playing old games and talking about comfy 70/80/90s culture his videos are comfy as fuck but when they become "le epic skit" they become arduous to sit through.

Personal favorite episode is the original Bible Games one. The scene where the animals knock themselves out is kino
>>
>>82973123
>He's even started invading other streams
Based Ryan
>>
>>82973123
Who is he anyway?
>>
>>82968852
Was he ever bad? I mean, besides the movie, all of his videos were okay at least.
>>
>>82973123

How can people settle for fat girls? I'd rather stay virgin
>>
>>82968852
Trying to watch AVGN without the benefit of nostalgia and low standards for internet video is a painful time.
>>
>>82968852
the halloween eps are top comfy. Next halloween when you are dodging trick r treaters in your living room watching AMC marathons; crack open the candy corn and put on some AVGN halloween eps in stead
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.