[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on this movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: It_1990_Promotional_Poster.jpg (35KB, 305x440px) Image search: [Google]
It_1990_Promotional_Poster.jpg
35KB, 305x440px
redpill me on this movie
>>
it should've been cinema and not tv with 2 separated movies and more like the book
but it still is great
>>
>>82968156
>it still is great
Redpill me nigger
>>
Probably the only film where the child actors didn't make me roll my eyes
>>
It's absolutely terrible. It's three hours of dull uninteresting characters talking and five minutes of actual horror.
>>
>>82968127
Interdimensional flying fear vampire shapeshifter turns into a big spider, allowing children to push him over and kick him to death,as he cannot get up.
>>
>>82968203
>five minutes of actual horror.
I didn't notice a minute of horror. I first saw this movie when I was under 10 years old and even then I hated it. I was a faggot that liked shit like Freddy vs Jason... even IT sucked ass in my eyes.
>>
It's pretty shit. The storm drain scene is kino.
>>
>>82968462
>Interdimensional flying fear vampire shapeshifter turns into a big spider, allowing children to push him over and kick him to death,as he cannot get up.

Now wait there a sec, to be fair they also sprayed the spider with an asthma inhaler (this is battery acid) & some other stupid shit too.

But yeah, it really built tensions up really nice only to end with a giant stinky fart at the end.
>>
>>82968572
>But yeah, it really built tensions up really nice only to end with a giant stinky fart at the end.

That's why it's such a great King adaptation.
>>
Watch it drunk with something open in another window. Only pay close attention during scenes with IT in them, because they are all priceless. The rest is only entertaining if you are amused by bad acting.
>>
>>82968615
>Only pay close attention during scenes with IT in them
I paid close attention to the entire movie. Why did they think making shower heads stretch our was scary? Freddy Kruger tier dogshit.
>>
>>82968604
>That's why it's such a great King adaptation.
Lol. Oh yeah, is that Under the Dome shit still going on? Never watched it cause I read the book / tome & that's another one that ends with a stinker.
>>
>>82968127
Tim Curry was based in it.
Everything else about it is pretty eh.
>>
>>82969774
>Tim Curry was based in it.
I agree but people who say he wasn't a creepy faggot in every scene he was in are fags. I hate the meme that "he was an approachable clown"
>>
Children section is fine. Adult part is fucking awful.

I feel like it's the sort of movie you HAVE to see as a kid for it to actually leave some sort of impact. I watched it recently with some friends, it was the first time any of us had seen it, and it was slow, bland, poorly acted (Adults) and not remotely scary in any way shape or form.
>>
>>82970819
>I feel like it's the sort of movie you HAVE to see as a kid for it to actually leave some sort of impact.
like all horror movies
>>
File: dddd.png (833KB, 892x720px) Image search: [Google]
dddd.png
833KB, 892x720px
Sucked nuts. Pretty much all of the adult scenes lacked the emotionality King wrote them with, and ended up being boring as shit. The kid sections are pretty good but they suffer from that weird TV campiness hangover from the 80's.

But the worst fucking part of that miniseries is It. I'm a Tim Curry fag and his weird, deformed face brings me huge joy, but I'll be damned if he wasn't shit in this. It is meant to be so frightening that even in the scenes it's not in, you're afraid it's going to turn up. It's this horrible, single-minded predator that can't be stopped or even understood. Curry turned him into this weirdly comic thing, and it felt less like he was hunting people and more that he was just kind of around, and sometimes got bored so he murdered kids. He didn't feel imminent or dangerous, he was just...some guy with some balloons. Fuck I hated the 1990's IT.
>>
>>82971843
>The kid sections are pretty good
Nope. I've never called an opinion a meme before but here it goes. You're a meme loving faggot. If you thought the kid scenes were passable you haven't read the book and you love shitty acting.
>>
>>82972031
I guess I'm just a sucker for shittier versions of The Goonies. Don't get me wrong, the whole damn series is a shitshow, but I thought they were at least watchable compared to Dennis Christopher mugging like he's got the palsy.

>then again I unironically liked Van Helsing so maybe I actually am a meme loving faggot
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.