[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No protection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_7300.jpg (56KB, 900x513px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7300.jpg
56KB, 900x513px
How come Rick Grimes and the other survivors don't fuck up their ears by blasting magnums and assault rifles without any protection?
>>
ey rick

letmetellyousumthin
>>
>>82966072
How many guys in nam You've read or heard about suffered deafness because of the ordnances they used?

You know, shooting a gun in a range with hills raised to avoid stray fire or inside a shooting range isn't the same as firing guns in mostly open areas?
>>
>>82966072
Because it's not really that loud

t. Armybro
>>
>>82966072
Because they're all walkers and thus immune to hearing damage.
>>
>>82966072
What makes you think they have perfect hearing?
>>
>>82966122
>How many guys in nam You've read or heard about suffered deafness because of the ordnances they used?
Quite a lot. My dad has hearing loss, and so did my uncle, and my high school history teacher also talked about how he had shit hearing after getting back from his tour.
>>
>>82966094
lemeturlusumin
>>
>>82966122
Hearing loss is one of the most common injuries in veterans you fucking goof.
>>
>>82966157
OH! Thanks for that bit of info. I've legitimately never heard or read anything about hearing loss. I've heard more about Post traumatic Stress. In fact I remember reading an article some years ago about a video that surfaced from Iraq of two blokes killing a dog and so many Americans were like, "They're subhuman scum and should be jailed for killing a dog." The blogger said that Humanity is literally the tippy top of what should be valued, and yet these guys were blowing people away probably as frequently as one or two a week, so you either get with it or you go crazy. I guess those two blokes ended somewhere in the middle, not exactly crazy, but not actually with it, either.
>>
>>82966229
Weird I've known many veterans and none have mentioned hearing loss even after they've talked about their tours. Kinda assholish of them.
>>
all those bullshit times walkers snuck up and ate survivors weren't bullshit cus they're all half-deaf from shooting without ear protection...
>>
>>82966072

IT'S JUST A SHOW, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUR
>>
>>82966229
But I've never read anything about it or heard anything about it and there was a time I consumed everything about the world wars, and nam.
>>
>>82966250
>killing a dog
Nothing inherently wrong with that. Depends on the context m8. Most of the dogs that were around my base were wild, and carriers of disease. They had civilian contractors running around base whose job was to put them down, there were so fucking many of them.
>>
>>82966072
How come none of them just tape some PVC pipe or something to their arms and legs when they go out? Not going to affect your movement if you leave the joints alone, and will easily stop a zombie bite. Shit, any good tough leather coat should be way too tough for a zombie to bite through. You could say it's fair enough that they don't do it if it were something like Australia or California or any other super hot place, but even in the fucking winter they're not doing it
>>
>>82966250
>"They're subhuman scum and should be jailed for killing a dog."
If you eat pork you have no right get bitchy about people killing dumber animals.
>>
>>82966072
More important question: Why aren't they all infected with all that zombie blood splattering all over their faces and arms/hands that have open wounds

If they really want to make this show good they should start killing off more characters
>>
>>82966343
No, No, they took this dog that came to them as dogs are known to do, and threw it off a cliff. It wasn't menacing. They called it to them and threw if off a cliff and then had a laugh afterward.
>>
>>82966136
>t. larper

sincerely,

t. the real thing, with tinnitus
>>
>>82966412
i never said that's how I felt, bruv, I said that's how Americans dubbed them, hence the quotations. You know American house holds (Redbook Reading Women), were home and saw the guys throw the dogs off of a cliff and went, "How ghastly, they should be arrested."
>>
>>82966347
Because all the important characters have plot armor anyway.

Seriously though, I remember at the start of S3 they were using riot gear to fuck up huge hordes when they were clearing the prison, and then never used it again. I guess that made too much sense or something.
>>
>>82966430
Yeah, that's why context is important.
>>
>>82966347
You can just wear 2-3 denim jackets too and be safe.
>>
>>82966429
They actually ARE all infected, but somehow being bitten seems to trigger a more severe, acute kind of infection that ultimately kills the person being bitten. It makes no sense to me.
>>
>>82966473
But you can't really blame them for that. They were in a stressful place were every day compatriots are being killed in some cases, at least a dozen a week, and you don't know who to trust and every day Taliban is killing dozens of innocent civilians. I remember they captured a bus loaded with men who were going to work and beheaded and shot them all. The men who ran was shot, those that didn't were beheaded. So imagine you're a soldier who has to go there. After all that death, dying and misery you're liable to become something else, probably a monster.
>>
>>82966506
When you die you turn into a zombie so the virus seems to reanimate you after death. As you say, they're all infected.
>>
>>82966072

isn't that his gun from his cop days? dumbass probably has kept his 5 lbs + trigger weight.
>>
>>82966532
>But you can't really blame them for that.
Sure I can. I'm not saying they should go to jail, like the people you were talking about, but it is not appropriate behavior at all.
>So imagine you're a soldier who has to go there
I don't have to imagine, I was there.
>>
>>82966467
Not my fault you have pussy ears

t. 11B combat veteran
>>
File: IMG_7301.jpg (128KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7301.jpg
128KB, 500x600px
>>82966072
>Blasting next to Beth's ears

>Wasn't affected by it at all
>>
>>82966609
So you're one of those people who saw impossible shit. Are you sure you don't have a few screws loose? Because not everyone is made the same, some people can endure the constant barrage of bombs, others develop shell shock. So really, you can't say they're at fault, maybe their screws and bolts weren't as tightened as yours is.
>>
>>82966847
Anon, don't give me that bullshit. Violence against innocents or animals, assuming the animal in your scenario was actually someone's property and not a disease ridden stray, is never acceptable. I don't care if you're a Korean war vet that fought at Chosin, you don't act that way, especially in uniform.

Hell, who's to say the people in your scenario are even suffering from ptsd? I've known plenty of fuckups and nutjobs that I met in Basic. PTSD is not an excuse and it never should be.
>>
File: Are_You_Fucking_Serious.png (182KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
Are_You_Fucking_Serious.png
182KB, 424x318px
>>82966072
>Why isn't there a perfectly logical explanation for an irrelevant problem in a Zombie show?
>>
>>82966847
What's your fucking deal man, you seen like you're on stimulants or something
>>
>>82966997
Uniform doesn't mean shit when compared to the human condition. You could be wired wrong your whole life and behave like everyone else until you're faced with the indescribable and then you're a psychopathic killer.
Just look at /b/, some people are genuinely edgy for the shits and giggles of it and others are truthfully damaged goods interested in the sicker aspects of humanity.

>>82967417
Not everyone's a straight shooter, anon. Some of us only stands aloft with the right intravenous mixture. Not even get high but just to function, if just barely.
>>
>>82967759
Whatcha on senpai
>>
File: mind blown.gif (596KB, 499x300px) Image search: [Google]
mind blown.gif
596KB, 499x300px
>>82966256
dude
>>
>>82967759
>Uniform doesn't mean shit when compared to the human condition.
It means something considering it represents the rest of the military. It's why there are rules associated with drinking in uniform and so on.

>You could be wired wrong your whole life
Yes, that was my point. There are people that are just pieces of shit before being faced with stressful situations. In any case, going through a tough situation is never an excuse for doing bad shit. Never. Does personal responsibility not exist for them or something?
>>
>>82966072
The funny thing is he actually did in episode 1 when he shot the zombie while inside the tank. I think they've just ignored that kind of shit since
>>
>>82969715
When he headbutts the claimer's leader it also disorients him momentarily.
>>
>mfw TWD has more kino moments than HBO shows
>>
Who says they arent
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.