[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xenomorph hive with 1 queen versus Arachnid nest with 1 brain bug

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 12

File: xenovsarachnid.png (284KB, 640x250px) Image search: [Google]
xenovsarachnid.png
284KB, 640x250px
Assume around 10,000 drones each to start with. Setting is a barren desert world with porous crust, many tunnels and caverns.

Some things to remember:

-Arachnids can lose a limb and remain 80% combat effective.

-Xeno queens and brain bugs are both powerful espers. Xeno queen intelligence unknown, but brain bug's grey matter much large by volume.

-Arachnids do not breathe through their mouths. They can be impregnated via facehugger through the openings to their book lungs, but must be restrained, making impregnation much more difficult than with humans.

-Brain bug cannot suck xeno brains due to acid blood

-Arachnids have two plasma bugs, but both hives are deep underground.
>>
Bug soldiers are melee so they would get fucked up by the acid blood.
>>
>>82963067
Arachnid can reproduce without hosts.
>>
arachnids can shoot fucking asteroids. xenos are doomed, they are only farmers against a military civilization like the bug one.
>>
The acid blood would literally be the only threat to the Arachnids. I would imagine the black goo or spores would be more effective against them.
>>
>>82963106

After killing how many xenos, though? If their k/d ration is greater than 1:1 they can still win.
>>
>>82963133

Is there canonical info about how quickly they reproduce anywhere
>>
>>82963157

This would also destroy the arachnids however.
>>
>>82963067
>Xeno queens and brain bugs are both powerful espers

gonna need a citation on the xenomorph queen being a psyker
>>
>>82963386
They are psychic but only with other Xenos
>>
>>82963386

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_Mother
http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Xenomorph

Ctrl+f "telepath"
>>
File: joTuXHO.gif (996KB, 500x231px) Image search: [Google]
joTuXHO.gif
996KB, 500x231px
Do the Arachnid have access to tankers?
>>
>>82963700

Yes, but remember the planet has substantial subterranean tunnels and caverns. The xenos could try to keep most of the fighting underground where they would have an advantage, due to being able to wall crawl.

The arachnids could use small meteorites as bunker busters but the two hives are less than 100 miles from each other, so they would suffer damage as well.
>>
File: arachnomorph.jpg (26KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
arachnomorph.jpg
26KB, 640x358px
If the xenos manage to impregnate an arachnid, this is the result.

I have no idea what a brain bug xeno would look like but if they got close enough to impregnate it, the battle would be over, so it would be of no strategic advantage.
>>
File: GO TEAMWORK.jpg (124KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
GO TEAMWORK.jpg
124KB, 1024x768px
Whoever wins, humanity prevails!
We put the fear of god to the Arachnids before, we'll be quick to render the Queen of her horde!
We must meet the threat with our valour, our blood, indeed with our very lives! To ensure that Human Civilization, not Xenomoprh, dominates this galaxy now, and always!
The only good bug is a dead bug!
Would you like to know more?
>>
>>82964179

I would like to know what their braps smell like
>>
>>82964519

Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>82964519
Degenerate filth! 12 years on a worker colony for you!
>>
>>82963739
We don't know how well a tanker performs underground but it is shown that is able to move underground so it might be able to fight.
>>
>>82965012

Hm, fair. We also don't know how the tanker acid compares to the xeno acid. Using it in confined quarters could make the tunnel unsafe to traverse until the reaction burns out, depending on whether the tanker's own acid can harm it. Enough xeno blood would have the same effect.
>>
>>82963106

Bug soldiers are still effective without limbs. One soldier could more than one before it died. Which means with equal numbers, they'd win.
>>
>>82963157
>arachnids can shoot fucking asteroids
actually believing this

arachnid war was a government set up so they could instil control over their population.
>>
>>82965965

Oh yeah? Well I'm from Buenos Aires and I say KILL 'EM ALL!
>>
>>82966217
Only good bug is a dead bug!

i love the delivery of this line, I'm pretty sure it's the Producer having a cameo as well
>>
>>82965012
at the very least they can crush all the xeno tunnels
>>
IIRC Arachnids have dedicated small-scale acid spitters, or was that just videogame fluff? Their tankers have flame-spitting breath though.
>>
Arachnids would destroy the living shit out of the xenos. They are huge as fuck, probably twice the size of a xeno and swarm like angry ants. Xenos are pussy as ambush hunters who might be able to capture and impregnate some foraging/scout drones. But once the Brain Bug realized there is an enemy hive they will just swarm the shit out of the xenos.
>>
>>82966518

What if most of the fighting was underground? Ambush hunters would have the advantage there. I agree arachnids would dominate out in the open though.
>>
what about the xeno's using stealth and hit and run tactics in tunnels how well can the bugs sense them?
they are smaller and could hide in hard to reach spots don't the xeno's also change their environment with goo and kind of mold everything?
the bugs are fucking big and bat shit crazy if caught alone or in open xeno would be fucked
but the xeno's can learn and adapt cant they ambush and stealth only way they could fight the bugs
>>
>>82966705

The arachnids would need to devise some way to force the xenos aboveground. Another anon had the idea of using the fire spitting tankers for this.
>>
>>82966768
it sounds like a game of cat and mouse the bugs need to draw them out the xenos have to be using aggressive defense to counter they cant just hold up and fucking camp
maybe initially the bugs would be dumb as fuck and charge in the tunnels
basically xenos must avoid open combat 1v1
also xenos should work on trapping a straggler and getting a face hugger on it then the game changes a little
>>
>>82966962

Yeah, if they could produce even a dozen of these motherfuckers >>82963906 that would for sure tip the balance.
>>
>>82967009

who is better at night stalking xenos? weren't the bugs able to be snuck up on even by the troopers?

hell you could go yolo face hugger in to enemy territory and get on a bug before it can be knocked off but then the face huggers need a bit of time to lay eggs and the bugs would give no fucks about stabbing a mate in the head to get the bastard off

to lay eggs you would need a disabled cut off bug from allys long enough to lay eggs even if it retreated and was saved after getting face hugged raped it could pop out later, but if back with the rest of the bugs they would kill it while chest bursting it would have to be isolated
>>
>>82966962
I'm doubting that the impregnation strategy could go far; since arachnids operate at a hivemind basis.
>>
>>82967170
hive mind? oh yeah they would sense something is up straight away then
>>
>>82967170

If the xenos can make even a couple of these >>82963906 they would have a big, strong unit capable of taking down the tankers. Definitely would lose them in the process, essentially disposable, but without them I can't see how xeno drones would take down the tankers.
>>
the bugs might end up winning then if they keep together don't get separated and dig during the day just dig up everything and blast fire into tunnels and stay back expose all tunnels to daylight proceed slow and steady

they could get a bug xeno hybrid if successfully cut off a bug from allys hell after the xeno hybrid may be able to communicate with the bugs or read their minds know their plans
>>
>>82967170
>>82967196
I was thinking about this. They'd probably kill their own units the moment the chestburster began to grow.

Also, are we aware which caste of arachnids are responsible for reproduction? I'm assuming brain bugs do a Queen/drone thing with the regular soldiers?
>>
>>82963067
I guess you're talking aliens xenos but if it were alien xenos, xenos by a long shot. God I hate cameron for what he did to alien
>>
>>82966636

>besting bugs
>underground
>their entire civ developed underground including tankers

Xenos are fucked.
>>
>>82967459

i dont know about the bugs reproduction i dont know if it was ever mentioned

i know this though if it was a thick jungle or an abandoned human city you just would almost never find the xenos they might end up losing because its a desert with only tunnel systems and almost no chance to multiply which in the end is their winning tactics against humans stay hidden gain numbers until you out number them then go kill in mass numbers yeah i dunno if they can win the bugs are just to tough

>>82967550
yeah they seem fucked just not tough enough i was partial to the xeno's too but unless they can pull off some wonders with hybrid chest bursters
>>
I think the Xenomorphs have the edge due to each one being intelligent enough to operate independent of a queen.

They're also ridiculously strong for their size comparatively, it's no stretch to say that a single Xenomorph could cripple if not outright kill a single Arachnid in combat.

Tanker acid might not even effect Xenomorphs due to their natural immunity to their own molecular acid.
>>
Wait here's a theory you know how xenos give no fucks and use acid well if they have equal numbers at the start and they engage in a frontal war just the sheer amount of body's and acid it would be a river also the limbs and fighting it would be very hard to see what the hell your stabbing at biting if shit is flying everywhere
the concentration of acid could be dangerous for the bugs because they walk on their stabby legs so sticking your foot in the acid burns off the ends they could also be used in the frenzy to just jam the burning attack limbs back into the xenos

or the bugs could just stampede cavalry style into the xeno ranks,
heres the thing bugs engage and wage war with armies more so than xenos bugs just seem built and function as shock troops
but also xeno are very good at launching themselves and being deadly with their tongue and i think xenos have superior speed and could just duck and weave amongst the bugs
>>
quick question im trying to find a download of the new alien movie and i cant find one i thought it was at theaters why can i find a hdcam of it?
>>
File: bug attack.jpg (284KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
bug attack.jpg
284KB, 1600x900px
actually after looking at them and getting over my bias for xeno's these things are mental and love a feeding frenzy xenos would be fucked
>>
>>82967311
The tricky part here is how to isolate and keep a bug isolated until a hybrid is produced.

Assuming that the bug hivemind at first doesn't have any idea about the whole xeno impregnation process:

>xenos isolate a bug, probably losing some drones in the process
>xenos disables and facehugs a bug, bug sends out distress
>rest of bug buddies follow
>assuming xenos also operate a similar hivemind set, would either send out more drones to keep said disabled bug within xeno control (assuming that the disabled bug can't broadcast that something fucky is growing inside it) or just withdraw and hope that the bug cavalry just ignore and not mercy-kill their comrade
>>
also was looking for an image of aliens and got this so face huggers and pussy huggers lol

>>82968009
yeah if they don't get a hybrid going its a gg but i think it could be growing for awhile without thm noticing hell if it chest bursts out and everyone is wondering what the fuck man i could slither slither to safety in darkness
>>
I think that the Zerg would win.
>>
>>82968149
No, Formics would.
>>
The bugs are hivemind based, stupid on there own but linked with the brain bug effective at the mass zerg.

Tunnels they can use but it is where numbers mean nothing.

Problem is they do not really sacrifice each other for the greater good as such, if one got facehugged would they kill it? Im not so sure.

Xenos are smart together and solo using stealth as the main advantage so underground is there area.

Depending how many facehuggers they have they could easily cause havoc because they are small and quick, if they manage to get a few hybrids it could be all over >>82963906

How are bugs at sensing enemies? This is the key area i think because the xenos could pick them off for a while without they realising.
because these are bigger and stronger than both i would think.
>>
>>82968230

also the concern of getting a face hugger onto a bug those jaws would be stronger and just eat it

curve ball are we talking about classic alien drone and human compatible face hugger? or something from Prometheus in regards to the thing that does the egg planting coz that chick spewed out one fucking huge face hugger wasn't that the first of its kind?
>>
>>82968319
Depends which hole the human facehugger could target desu.

Can barely remember Prometheus, only thing i remeber how it started was that david rigged the drink with it, or do you mean the spores from covenant?
>>
>>82968425
i was thinking of the worms that got mutated in the black liquid they sort of looked like dick/snakes
oh never mind they didn't impregnate anyone did they? it was only the girl through the fact the boyfriend was infected, there were no face huggers or anything like that not until the abomination she popped out got big

so yeah queens lay face huggers in eggs only things that continue the breeding i think so it has to be face huggers going after bugs
>>
>>82968663
If anything david mutated them to spores then experimented.

Spores really are the best form, bugs would lose but this is not covenant.

Even though xenos only have 1 queen that is thousands of eggs and facehuggers in which it only takes one to get through to get to the brain.
>>
>>82967995
yeah but that's exactly what the bugs coulndt do against the xenos because of the acid.
if it's like two big blobs of bugs and xenos charging at each other then the amount of fallen bodys and acid would let the xenos slowly push as the ground becomes too toxic for the bugs to hold
>>
>>82963906
who would control it though, the brain or the queen,
>>
>>82963906
I want that thing to penetrate my anus.
>>
>tfw after reading this thread some kind of hyper self-awareness washed over me and I realized it's full of retards seriously discussing this
God damn I need a hobby or something
>>
>>82965168
Doesn't seem like acid, but more like napalm.
>>
>>82967624

It's not acid. That shit is like napalm. It would fuck them up.
>>
File: Know_Your_Enemy.jpg (1MB, 1573x1594px) Image search: [Google]
Know_Your_Enemy.jpg
1MB, 1573x1594px
You're all small time.
>>
>>82971218
So tankers would just belch their napalm-acid over the xeno-acid pools. Then xenos would melt over those napalm-acid pools, forming the xeno-acid pool again. Ad nauseam.
>>
>Assume around 10,000 drones each to start with.

Xenos. Acid blood and the Arachnids mostly being melee would mean for every Xeno killed, the Bug would take some serious, if not fatal, damage. All the Xenos have to do is break even with kills and they'd be literally bleeding the Bugs to death.
>>
>>82970331
I think the queen, a host is only there to carry the xeno, it doesnt itself become a xeno
just my 2 cents though
>>
>>82971310
these are awful excuses for characters. seems like it was written by a 10 year old
>>
>>82971311

Where exactly are they going to get such a large quantities of acid without fucking themselves over?
Napalm on the other hand is produced in very large quantities with ease and can be shot a good distance.

Acid can be neutralized and I wonder how long it would take for the brain bug to figure out a viable solution.
>>
>>82971820
>Acid can be neutralized and I wonder how long it would take for the brain bug to figure out a viable solution
That's the point though. Tankers have the potential to dilute/cover up xeno acid with their own; not to mention bug workers simply burying acid pool sites if even the tankers can't contain it.
>but muh facehugger tactic
doubt if they can latch and lay onto an orifice where steaming-hot biochemicals come out, let alone approach it (well, Rico manage to splat one from its top, but facehuggies don't carry grenades, do they?)
>>
>>82971337

Arachnids have brain bugs which are much more intelligent than any Xenos, and they have a hive mentality which a Brain bug can direct.

So they have the strength to fight them 1v1, social cohesion, and human level intelligence leading their efforts. I wouldn't put it past them to develop a strategy to neutralize the acid since they have the terrain and the resources it provides.
>>
>>82972481

Arachnids are strong and resilient (they may get hurt or die, but it's not like they're soft humans), and in conjunction with Brain bugs leading them I don't see how they wouldn't eventually win.
>>
>>82970331
Xeno queen has control over it obviously, but it being part-arachnid means it could also be vulnerable to brain bug influence, at least when in close proximity of each other, so the hybrid's a no brain bug assassin, unfortunately.
>>
>>82967550
We don't know how strong the Bugmorphs would be.
>>
>>82963906
what if they impregnate one of these then? >>82963700
>>
kind of unrelated but what would happen if a flood spore from halo infected a xenomorph? could that even work?
>>
>>82963067
The Thing wins
>>
>>82964519
underage kid. get the fuck off 4chan
>>
>>82973424
Acid blood.
>>
>>82971218

Still not convinced it would be effective since the Xenos are pretty heat resistant. They can survive being blasted with a starship thruster and being submerged in boiling lead. I know lead has a low boiling point but nothing else on this planet could survive being submerged for two minutes.
>>
>>82974147

The thing could win against the bugs, not the Xenos
>>
>>82963386
Xeno Queens communicate with their subjects vis a hive mind.
>>
>>82963133
Arachnids are hosts.
>>
Money's on the Xeno's, they are a bio-weapon after all. Also, the queen and other Aliens wouldn't charge head first into a conflict with the bugs. They would analyze and test them and start capturing them until they had strong numbers.

I'm not sure a Tanker bug would do much against an Alien. Molten lead (600+ degrees) and the vacuum of space did nothing but make the Aliens angry. Also Aliens are extremely strong and have quick reflexes to outmaneuver Aracnids.
>>
>>82963739
Flamethrower+tunnel
>>
>>82963330
you say that, but aliens are smart and know how to use their blood as a weapon.
I know AVP isn't canon anymore but an alien loses it's spear tail and starts swinging blood at it's opponent
>>
>>82974535
are you sure it wasnt just swinging because his tail got cut off and it hurt
>>
Once the xenomorphs manage to capture a live arachnid and implant it, it's going to go rapidly downhill for the bugs.

A xeno-arachnid would likely be able to slaughter its way through dozens of regular bugs.
>>
>>82974526
Capture more than a few and the bugs will swarm
>>
Xenomorphs and Arachnids vs TYRANIDS
Who wins?
>>
>>82974828
Obviously nids. They have all the strengths of both combined and turned up to a higher power level and several more besides.
>>
>>82974680
It's shown the Aranids have no regard of their own. Why would they care 100 died or went missing when they have thousands?
>>
>>82963067
>80%

83% fucker. Do you math
>>
>>82972559
Hivemind does not mean 1v1 for every solider.

It means they can fight as a group very well but isolated they are weak.
>>
>>82963067

What the fuck, you faggots? Which Arachnid Bug? The ones from the movie that only use melee weapons, or the ones from the novel, that use laser beam weaponry that can cut through armor like a knife can cut through butter?
>>
>>82974593
In the same movie a group of xenos murder another one to get its blood all over the cage that is trapping their queen, so no I don't think it was an accident
>>
>>82974961
>what is context
OP clearly meant the movie version, bookfags pls go
>>
>>82974961
>Which one gaiz? The /lit/ bugs or the /tv/ bugs? XD
>>
File: 1494595276920.jpg (68KB, 1100x660px) Image search: [Google]
1494595276920.jpg
68KB, 1100x660px
>bugs get to have two tanks because reasons
>>
>>82975022
>>82975114

Fuck you, faggots.
>>
>>82975150
This is a xeno hive on an arachnid world. Why the fuck is everyone assuming human xenos?
>>
>>82975150
plasma bugs =/= tanker bugs
>>
If its a first contact scenario, xenos easily. If the bugs knew about the facehuggers/potential for arachnomorphs itd be different but initially without knowing to go all out the second an arachnid was captured the xenos' head start with infecting arachnids would net them victory in the end
>>
>>82975524
Might as well be, because of OP's >muh balance
>>
>>82963106
Thread/
>>
>>82975857
Also,
>big, tanky WMD units are capped
>no consensus if there's a limit on smol hugging ayys
>>
>>82975370
Then should the battle take place on a neutral world?

Drones and the queen/brain bug and that is it.
>>
File: hyrda.jpg (82KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
hyrda.jpg
82KB, 500x413px
They both get btfo.
>>
>>82976182
honestly thats just cheating
>>
>>82976182

The Thing>Tyranids>Zerg>Xenomorph>Arachnids
>>
>>82963067
Arachnids take a hell of a lot more firepower to kill and can still be a threat when they're hurt.

If we're talking Cameron's Xenos, they wouldn't stand a chance as they're so squishy and easily dealth with.

If it's Ridley's Xeno then probably the Xenos. Even the Neomorphs would be more dangerous than Arachnids I reckon.
>>
>>82977962
Necromorphs >Thing>Tyranids>Zerg>Xenomorph>Arachnids
>>
>>82963067
>xenos sneak into the brain bug
>kill it in 2 seconds
>game over
>>
>>82978716
nothing can beat the thing unless it takes place in the coldness of space
>>
>>82979639
Or the host organism has an immune system that counters The Thing's phagocytosis. Or has cells more robust than The Thing's. Or isn't made of cells.
>>
>>82979359
>arachnids burrow under the alien queen
>kill her in 2 seconds
>game over
>>
>>82979759
>Or the host organism has an immune system that counters The Thing's phagocytosis
that would just be a blatant marie sue, no organism does that just because

>Or has cells more robust than The Thing's.
it would just take longer for the thing to consume it

>Or isn't made of cells.
we're talking about organisms here
not gas creatures or sentient killer robots
>>
>>82963067
1.aliens are more deadly one to one

2. they reproduce muuch much quicker
with 10,000 versus 10,000 the aliens constantly receive fresh troops that each propagate more fresh troops.

3.all the fresh troops they receive are genetically modified to defeat said enemy

its not a battle, its over before it begins
>>
>>82979899
>sneaking anywhere close to an alien hive
literally living walls that will detect seismic activity and then the drones just create a meat shield of acid waiting to rain down the arachnid hole
>>
File: 1388188561310.jpg (68KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1388188561310.jpg
68KB, 600x375px
>>82971310
fuck the beta
fuck those faifu eating motherfuckers!
>>
File: 1494518466536.gif (282KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
1494518466536.gif
282KB, 400x296px
>>82974828
>>
>>82977962
Tyranids beat The Thing easily wtf are you on about.
>>
>>82976182
Shaw was supposed to be Kerrigan. They never even talked about the weird Shaw hologram, RIDLEY YOU FUCK
>>
Xenos can't use acid as a weapon you fucking morons, or are you saying the piece of shit that was Resurrection is canon?
>>
>>82974429
Napalm sticks and has significant mass to it.
>>
You're all forgetting that the xenos would have to drag one of the arachnids to the nest so that it can be facehugged. Facehuggers dont go to the battle.

My bet is that both hives get fucked in a long war of attrition. Xenos win because they can stealthily get to the arachnid brain and kill it, unless the brain can telepathically know that...
>>
File: Mother Bydo.png (17KB, 136x200px) Image search: [Google]
Mother Bydo.png
17KB, 136x200px
Leave all those puny bugs to me
>>
>>82979930
Brain bugs.
Soldiers strong and resilient enough not to be useless fodder which a Brain bug can direct. We don't even know if Arachnid physiology would permit being used as hosts or what their reaction would be individually or by the fellow Arachnids.
>>
>>82981271
I think everyone is underestimating the Arachnids superior ability to form stratrgems and cohesion along with their substantial robustness l, though admittedly they could face many issues 1v1, but are by no means fodder.
>>
What if a hugger did manage to impregnate a bug? Would the resulting hybrid respond to the Brain or the Queen? I would imagine a hybrid creature would be capable of communicating with both.
>>
>Verhoeven directed Aliens vs Arachnids never ever
>with well done power armor
>ever
>>
>>82982306

Becomes the ambassador and then they make peace.
>>
>>82982306
>Would the resulting hybrid respond to the Brain or the Queen?
The Queen, obviously. Whatever shit is in the xenomorph genetic code would override the host traits that make the other bugs respond to the brain bugs.
>>
Why do both kill humans but not eat them? At least xenos use them to reproduce but bugs simply kill and not do anything, what a fucking retarded concept
>>
>>82982760
Xenomorphs don't need to eat meat (neomorph arguably does, though, since we see it eating that one headless chick in Covenant), they can feed on basically anything I believe.

Arachnids were killing humans for defense because they were getting invaded.
>>
>>82982854
>>82982760
Xenos eat rocks because they are silicon based, that's why they have acid blood.
Insectoids like the bugs usually farm shrooms in their hives to eat.
>>
>>82963906
All it needs is wings and it's that monster from the new Godzilla movie.
>>
The Queen is a warrior herself, the Brain is a morbidly obese scared cuck, once the bugs see the queen they'd drop the Brain and probably kill it themselves
>>
>>82983043
The brain can mindcontrol intelligent beings.
It would probably mind control the drones to kill their own queen, or even mindcontrol the queen to turn it into his sex slave.
>>
>>82975232
Eat shit, bitch.
>>
>>82983168
It has to brainsuck you in order to mind control you. Acid blood would make that impossible.
>>
>>82975232
I doubt enough anons on /tv/ have read the book to have an opinion.
>>
>>82979359
I think this. The Xenos are stealthy and individually intelligent enough to sneak up on the brain bug. I also think that with the numbers we are talking about (10,000), it would seem likely that they Xenos would eventually impregnate a bug and adapt to kill them.
>>
>>82982306
Aren't the Xenomorphs basically bioweapons? It would seem likely that when they are adapting to the arachnids, they would adapt in such a way to effectively kill them and not be controlled by them.
>>
>>82979917
>it would just take longer for the thing to consume it
The xenomorph is silicon based rather than carbon. If The Thing's cells consume carbon based life, they absolutely cannot consume silicon based life.

It's not a matter of time. It's a matter of cellular composition. The Thing's cells are made of wood and the xenomorph is a sherman tank. Sure it's pointy wooden cells are great at giving us splinters but it's not a matter of fucking time before it develops wooden sticks sharp enough to take on the tank.

>we're talking about organisms here
>not gas creatures or sentient killer robots
Cellular life is not the only form of life. Cellulist scum.

And first for last:
>that would just be a blatant marie sue
Oh no pitting a Mary Sue concept alien against a Mary Sue concept alien the horror!
>>
>>82979988
Yeah? Is that what the alien queen did to Ripley? I missed it.
>>
>>82986579
movies=/=what this organisms would actually do or what they are capable of if they really existed
>>
>>82986632
No that is exactly what the movies are. They are representations of what their fictional people/creatures would do. Not what we feel is likely.

You don't say "JAMES BOND WOULD NEVER MAKE IT INSIDE THE PLANE FROM THE CLIFF IN REAL LIFE" you accept the fiction. You don't say "WTF THERE'S NO WAY A PALEONTOLOGIST AND TWO KIDS WOULD SURVIVE RAPTORS" you accept the canon of their world as we have been shown. You don't say "XENOMORPHS WOULD NEVER FALL FOR SUCH SHENANIGANS" you accept that the fiction has established that they would.
>>
Why is there no good starship troopers games? Seems so easy to make. Dumb shooter, nice graphics, lots of gore and the ability to remove limbs. Throw in some destruction like red faction .

Make it coop both split screen and multiplayer
>>
>>82987042
>He doesnt know that there is a starship troopers fps from years ago
>>
>>82987136
I said good starship troopers game
>>
>>82963157
>they are farmers
Wheat?
>>
No matter who loses, we win
>>
What are all the bug species?

>Arachnid warrior
>Mortar bugs
>Tanker
>Flying arachnid
>Brain Bug
>Brain bug chariot roaches
>Parasites
>Scorpion Tank
>Suicide rollers
>Planet Sized bug
>Queen

Are we assuming only the first movie to be cannon or are we talking about all of them?
>>
>>82974467

Xenos wouldn't stand a chance against the Thing though
>>
>>82963067

Xenomorph would take it. I don't know what would be produced from a Arachnid impregnated by a Xenomorph but it be bad ass and would wreck.

Keep in mine Xenomorph's take on the best and most powerful traits of the host they impregnate. For instance Xenomorphs who come from humans are mo intelligent and can use tools. From Dogs they are faster and are better hunters.

It is this ability of the Xenomorph to take the traits of the host they happen to fight that makes them extra dangerous to that host.
>>
>>82984498

Couldn't the bugs just drain the blood out and then suck the brain?
>>
>>82987534

Does SST 2 and 3 add more powerful shit? Then I guess

After all, people are accepting Alien Resurrection as canon
>>
>>82987856
Then my list is complete then.

There is the planet sized bug. That in itself is already a bad start for the Xenos. Next is the parasite which latches onto the nervous system of a being. That it also dangerous. But the main thing is the suicide rollers. Roll a couple of them down a hive and blow them up. They don't care about their lives and as long as the Arachnid hive exists, then there will always be rollers.
>>
>>82987042
Just play EDF you faggot
>>
>>82987949

Never watched 2 and 3 but it sounds like Xenos might be fukt
>>
>>82982006
Yes. Was there ever any clarification on how Xenomorph queens or Brain bugs communicate with their drones? Either way I think the Arachnids would win. Those plasma bugs know enough to direct their fire to ships in orbit and I bet they can hit targets on the ground. How many Xenos died against those sentry guns in Aliens before they tried something else?

It probably wouldn't be long before the Arachinds figured out not to hack up xenos and get the acid on themselves; just grab them and fling against walls or ground.
>>
>>82981549
Gradius > R=type
>>
>>82986279

Probably because it's shit
>>
>>82987949

Those other classes of arachnid are like their tech tree. Which ones they can produce depends how long the battle stretches on.

Xenos have their own biological tech tree, with units like praetorians, bull aliens, flying queens, empress aliens, queen facehuggers, etc.
>>
>>82987534
>Scorpion Tank
>Suicide rollers
>Planet Sized bug
>Queen

Were these all in 3? I remember everything but the Parasites were in 1 and the Parasites were the focus of 2, but I don't remember anything new in 3 other than Casper coming back with the Marauder Exosuits and that bitching song, A Good Day to Die.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.