[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Witcher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 35

File: WITCHER_NETFLIX-SERIES_[1].png (923KB, 922x504px) Image search: [Google]
WITCHER_NETFLIX-SERIES_[1].png
923KB, 922x504px
Redpill me on the Witcher franchise. I'm interested in the upcoming series but know pretty much nothing about it except for the fact that the main character is emotionless monster hunter and shouldn't be played by a black actor.
>>
>>82962027
also boobs
>>
This shit had every reason to be good.
If they actually put money and effort into it that is.
>>
>>82962027
Novel series that exploded in popularity due to the game series.

Novel author also hates video games and thinks they're stupid, and so does not think much of the game series. He is also a "consultant" on the netflix series.

I wonder if Netflix will try and trend towards the game series rather than the novels, much to the author's displeasure.

Apart from the monster hunting it has a very gritty/medieval vibe, doesn't often feel like fantasy. There's kingdoms and people being taken over and all that sort of stuff. It's nothing really new except for the Witchers themselves. Everyone hates Witchers as they're seen as soulless monsters and only use them when they're desperate to have a monster killed. Witchers also never work for free.
>>
>>82962027
Everyone is crying about Netflix turning it into SJW bullshit but it kind of always was exactly that. It has the strong independant women, it has the moral of "don't kill niggers in the street because they are people too" and it has a male protagonist that learns to overcome his badass monster slaying character to become the bitch of his strong independant girlfriend.

Don't get me wrong I like the books. My point is that a Netflix muh diversity interpretation of the source material is kind of what any adaptation would look like anyways.
>>
>>82962027

Mostly about mutants in a medieval/dark fantasy setting where monsters still exist and the mutants are the ones trianed in murdering them but everyone hates them but they have superhuman abilities and fuck good so everyone wants their dick but also hates them. Books focus more on the adventures of Geralt and his party and doing merry shit but theres a hefty amount of politicking going aroudn since everyone is racist.
>>
>>82962027
All this sitposting and we still dont know who will be the director.
I will decide based on that and the crew who will be handling the script if I will watch it or not.
>>
File: 1495154004744.jpg (32KB, 670x380px) Image search: [Google]
1495154004744.jpg
32KB, 670x380px
>>82962027
It lacks "diversity".
>>
>>82962027
It's just another dumb fantasy for edgy teens. But this time it's le ironic and humorous.
>>
The books are all over the place, some are short stories that are edgy versions of fairytales, some books try to be like Game of Thrones (but came out before Game of Thrones), some are high fantasy horseshit. What they have in common is the characters and their relationships

The games are actually a bit better in terms of narrative than the books, except the third game which is a giant pile of shit
>>
There is a hot lesbian rape scene. This is all you need to know.
>>
>>82962027
Geralt will be played by Idris Elba. Vesemir by Forest Whitaker.
>>
>>82962923
Actually the Witcher's world is full of diversity in terms of races: humans, elves, dwarves and Witchers themselves... Not to mention some sentient monsters.
Diversity is also the reason of Geralt's death
>>
Geralt is a mutant albino monster-hunter who doesn't seem to have any problems in bedding wenches. I kinda like his portrayal better in the games compared to the novels though. He does some funny shit when he gets drunk.
>>
>>82962941
Does it have bants?
>>
>>82962806
The Novel series was hugely popular in Poland and other countries where Polish is a common language

The game is even moreso - so much so that when they met Obama, the Polish leader gave him a copy of The Witcher 2
>>
Was watching GoT yesterday and thinking Rory McCann could play Geralt
>>
>>82962027
>emotionless
How can you know something to be what it isn't?
>>
>>82963090
Exactly, still not diverse enough.
>>
>>82962027
Your mother sucks dwarven cocks
>>
>>82963090
Not much room for black characters though, although the Nilfgaardians can easily be played by middle easterners.
>>
>>82963275
Pretty much the only reason the wenches want to fuck Geralt is because he's immune to disease and sterile. In the days with no forms of contraception and no means of preventing STDs with sex, the idea that you can fuck someone and have zero chance of catching anything or getting knocked up is very appealing to a select few
>>
>>82963469
A good elf is a dead elf.
>>
>>82963470
Nilfgaardians are not Zerrikanians
>>
>>82962806
>I wonder if Netflix will try and trend towards the game series rather than the novels

They won't. They don't have the rights to since CDPR isn't involved. It's strictly an adaptation of the books.
>>
>>82963480
Nah it's because he's famous, mysterious and dangerous. Nobody cares about fucking diseases lmao look at the current chlamydia epidemic. Yet kids still refuse to wear condoms.
>>
>>82963496
In the games the Nilfgaardians seem a mixture of eastern European, southern European and middle eastern.
>>
>>82962027
I don't know about the books, but in the games, nothing is really black and white. Some of the choices you make you have to choose between the lesser of two evils. Like allowing a great evil escape (and eventually kill a lot of people) in order to save a bunch of kids. Or kill the great evil and the kids get eaten.
>>
>>82963627
Nilfgaardians are actually Dutch people
>>
>>82963480
You are missing the whole sub plot of two guys experimenting on him and making him fertile.
That mutagen make many babies.

Moral of the story is dont take drugs from unknown people.
>>
File: 292030_20170517180524_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
292030_20170517180524_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'm not really sure I want a Geralt not voiced by Doug Cockle
>>
>>82963644
>to choose between the lesser of two evils
The Lesser Evil is the name of one of the short stories. Guess what Geralt chooses?
He kills everybody
>>
>>82963556
Nobody cares about chlamydia because you can cure it with a single fucking pill

Really the only STD you need to worry about these days is HIV/AIDS and the chances of getting that through heterosexual sex is literally 0.04% - IF THE CHICK ALREADY HAS AIDS. Yep, you stick your dick into a chick with AIDS and you only have a 0.04% chance of getting it. So not only do you need to find the chick with AIDS, you need to be THAT fucking unlucky

The reason it was thought of as a "gay disease" for so long is because if you get fucked in the ass by someone with AIDS you have a 1% chance of getting it - and gays have ridiculously large amounts of anonymous unprotected sex
>>
>>82963644
Except in that situation freeing the tree spirit is literally the wrong choice - as bad as the crones are, they're fucking saints compared to the tree spirit - which you'd know if you did your research in-game
>>
>>82963667
The guys who approach you in Flotsam in the second game? What ever happened with them?
>>
>>82963746
Geralt said something about the stuff they gave him making hair grow on his tongue when he meets them again in Loc Muinne.
>>
>>82963683
Wind's howling
>>
>>82963775
Hmh.
>>
>>82962027
Test
>>
>>82963769
I meant to reply to >>82963672. Are they the two guys he was referring to?
>>
>>82963683
I wonder how difficult it'd be to dub over an actual actor without it looking funky

surely it can't be that hard, based off the "bad lip reading" videos
>>
>>82963644
>nothing is really black and white.
Bullshit, This is only right about the previous games.
>>
File: Komiks_Geralt_okladka.jpg (64KB, 457x637px) Image search: [Google]
Komiks_Geralt_okladka.jpg
64KB, 457x637px
>Geralt of Rivia
Richard Armitage

>Vesemir
Viggo Mortensen

>Eskel
Pilou Asbæk

>Coen
Rupert Grint

>Lambert
Nicholas Hoult

>Shani
Katherine McNamara

>Cahir
Joe Dempsie

>Milva Barring
Emily Blunt

>Dandilion
Joseph Gordon Levitt

>Zoltan
Gerard Butler (camera perspective tricks like in LoTR)

>Regis
Wayne Pygram

>Neneke
Maggie Smith

>Villentretenmerth
Martin Freeman

>Djikstra
Rory McCann (in a fatsuit)

>Phillipa Eilhart
Lena Heady

>Yennifer of Vengerberg
Eva Green

>Triss Merigold
Ali Cobrin

>Avallac'h
Michael Fassbender

>Eredin
Luke Evans

>Foltest
Peter Serafinowicz

>Istredd
Mark Strong

>Calanthe
Michelle Fairley

>Pavetta
Sarah Gadon

>Cirilla
Varying unknowns from 6-18 years old.

>Duny/Urcheon of Erlenwald /Emhyr var Emries
Nikolaj Coster Waldau

>Vilgefortz
Clive Owen

>Reince
Eddie Marsan

>Leo Bonhart
Clancy Brown
>>
>>82963793
Yes.
>>
>>82963683
He was horrible in W3.
>>
>>82963793
You stumble upon a diary in the third game saying the experiment was a success and that they will continue to monitor your progress.
Apparently its cure for infertility that many people will pay a lot money to get it.
>>
>>82963796
In the Scooby Doo movie there's a scene where they swap bodies but retain their original voices and the dubbing is reasonably well done

https://youtu.be/Pf4RjsdJE0I
>>
>>82963797
Bullshit, you're a faggot
>>
Basically /tv/ will be disappointed because generally people here seem to think Geralt is some racist rightwing hero when in reality he's mostly neutral but tends to fight for the rights of different races and wants everyone to get along, makes fun of and beats up racists frequently
>>
i'd like Rollo from Vikings as Geralt. He's a big guy.
>>
>>82963956
Did you even play Witcher 2, nigger?
>>
>>82963981
Stop bulshiting he is in it for the money from day one.
The fact that society forced him to get involved in political games doesn't mean he will stop doing contracts for the highest bidder.
>>
>>82962870
>where monsters still exist
unlike the real world where vampires, ghouls and griffons went extinct around the 18th century
>>
>>82963872
Friendly reminder that Scooby Doo and Supernatural are having a crossover next season
>>
>>82963981
This. Also racism literally kills him.
>>
>>82964059
kek
>>
File: geralt and dandelion.jpg (153KB, 788x1024px) Image search: [Google]
geralt and dandelion.jpg
153KB, 788x1024px
Spinoff with Zoltan and Dandelion running The Chameleon (with recurring guest Geralt) when?
>>
>>82963627
>>82963470
nilfgaard is a germany analogue
>>
>>82964059
nah the Vampires still exist there's just not many of them anymore

source: my cousin is a producer with The Deb of Night and she's one
>>
>>82963556
And at least in the case of all the sorceresses, Geralt is a rare commodity, because on physical contact some magical reaction gives the ladies magical orgasms.

Also, he is a trophy. A token of influence, and most sorceresses in the series are possessive and want to nail him just to make the others get pissed.
>>
>>82964034
nigger he literally has morality which guides him, partly because he's an outcast himself so he sympathizes, and he won't do outright evil stuff no matter how high the bid. He TRIES to be neutral but it's literally the point that it's impossible. Have you fucking read the books? Can't wait for a scene where he kicks the shit out of some stereotypical racists with Dandelion and /tv/ loses their shit
>>
>>82964138
Which is why they should all be played by Turkish actors
>>
>>82964125
>previously in the local inn
>Geralt gets plastered
>Zoltan lost his house on dice poker
>Dandelion is accused of heresy
>>
>people on /tv/ actually think a medieval show will get by without at least 3 black guys
>>
Man of Glass is a Jew though, we can all agree in this?
>>
>>82964166
The first game IS the only game that is comparable to the books.
Please stop talking shit,Witcher 2 was effort on the studio to westernize the scrip as the lead writer of the books was FIRED.
Witcher 2 and 3 is non canon for me at least.
>>
>>82964227
The merchant that Triss was working for is also a Jew.
>>
>>82963347
“Listen, Geralt—"

"No. You won't win me over with your reasons nor convince me that Eltibad wasn't a murdering madman, so let's get back to the monster threatening you. You'd better understand that, after the introduction you've given me, I don't like the story. But I'll hear you out."

"Without interrupting with spiteful comments?"

"That I can't promise.”
>>
I dreamed the strangest dream...there were white people in middle ages europe....God it feels sily to even say such a thing now
>>
>>82962027
Netflix wants the game of thrones audience.
>>
File: 1495186068998.jpg (305KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495186068998.jpg
305KB, 900x900px
>>82963347
>>
>>82964307
Everyone knows that pre-evil-colonists Europe was black, it was when they started doing evil things like giving Africa roads, education, and healthcare that they became those devilish whiteys
>>
File: 1493548745961.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1493548745961.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>82962872
Not only that - we know literally NOTHING, just that it's happening - and yet /tv/'s first threads were: muh racial diversity, cuckoldery, women empowerment - you know, all these bullshit memes. Really activates your mutagens...
>>
>>82964197
Tbh I just don't want any character to be niggerfied. If Netflix wants to shoehorn black people because diversity quotas they should just make an orginal character for the adaptation who is also orginally black and just make up some bullshit about his/her existence in the lore.
>>
>>82963841
lol kys with ur shit b8
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFUsPfuwjpw

Wolves asleep amidst the trees
Bats all a swaying in the breeze
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
For your dolly Polly sleep has flown
Don't dare let her tremble alone
For the witcher, heartless, cold
Paid in coin of gold
He comes he'll go leave naught behind
But heartache and woe
Deep, deep woe
Birds are silent for the night
Cows turned in as daylight dies
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
My dear dolly Polly shut your eyes
Lie still, lie silent, utter no cries
As the witcher, brave and bold
Paid in coin of gold
He'll chop and slice you
Cut and dice you
Eat you up whole
Eat you whole
>>
>>82964308
Nah they actually want more shares in the eastern-european market
>>
>>82964197
They could cast all the elves as niggers. Who cares what color elves are. As long as they got pointy ears and a shitty attitude.
>>
>>82964227
It was pretty much outright stated that he is satan. So yes.
>>
>>82964408
That would be an excellent thing for the show if true.
Eastern Europeans are racist af.
They can't afford to displease them with SJW casting.
>>
>>82964364
We know it's a Netflix series so worrying about muh racial diversity and other "bullshit memes" is not exactly unwarranted
>>
>>82962027

It's garbage even by generic western fantasy standards. Avoid.
>>
>>82964390
So, the action scenes aren't going to be anywhere near as good as this are they

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM
>>
>>82964465
Nobody here cares about services like netflix especially not about series like this.
Dont get your hopes up,its sort of expected to be not correct for the region that is trying to represent because Americans are making it and not local people which louses a lot of nuances.
>>
>>82962027
Dark fantasy with boobs, mary sue protagonist. Fucking fantastic game. Started reading the novels and I like those too.
>>
>>82964390
A Night To Remember is the best witcher trailer tbf famalam and Platige Image / Baginski had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>82964475
I get that, but making literally every thread about that is stupid. That's how it's been since the announcement at least
>>
>>82964475
>We know it's a Netflix series so worrying about muh racial diversity and other "bullshit memes" is not exactly unwarranted

Caring so much about that is why /v/irgins should be purged.
>>
>>82964501
>louses
yeah that happened
>>
File: 1445060142793.jpg (199KB, 1620x911px) Image search: [Google]
1445060142793.jpg
199KB, 1620x911px
>>82964503
>mary sue protagonist

That only applies to the games though.
>>
>>82964524
They need new home,/v/ turned into indie game advertising board.
>>
>>82964544

You can try to fix it, but /v/ always turns into shit after any fixes are applies to it.
>>
>>82964540
I think he refers to Ciri. And she definitely is the mariest of sues.
>>
>>82964444
>They could cast all the elves as niggers. Who cares what color elves are.

People who care about the classic portrayal of Elves being attractive. You can't have attractive Elves if they're blacks.

Though if you have to cast blacks as Elves, then they should be the Aen Elle instead of the Aen Seidhe since the Aen Elle are the badguys.
>>
Geralt in a goofy mood is one of the funniest characters put to paper.
>>
>>82964540
>>82964318
>two different people did a playthrough
>two different people took screenshots at the same moment
>two different people both used the professor's glasses
>>
>>82963426
>other countries where Polish is a common language

....like what countries?
>>
>>82964571
They just need dedicated mods that clear the board every few hours of shit threads.
I assure you that the board will get 10 times better in a week.
>>
>>82964584

Mary sues are supposed to be without flaw and can maker no mistake. Ciri makes tons of mistakes. Geralt saves her a number of times and manages to fuck up and get her shit wrecked plenty without him around.
>>
>>82964444
We Da $koy-A-tel nigga. We out here killing humans and shit nigga. Fightin for freedom and shit nigga. We out here slangin dat fisstech nigga, word up.
>>
>>82964632
Lots of Eastern Europe speaks Polish, it's the second-most common slavic language behind Russian
>>
>>82964621
>Geralt in a goofy mood is one of the funniest characters put to paper.

He is way better suited for comedy than anything else.

So I fully expect Netflix to fuck that up and do a super-serious version of the character.
>>
>>82964503
>>82964540
>either Geralt or Ciri being mary-sues

I wish people would stop using terms they don't understand
>>
>>82964638

Paid mods would be too expensive.

Unpaid mods eventually go crazy and turn into literally Hitler.
>>
>>82964494
oh absolutely not, the poles made a witcher series once before, and I...I watched it. They love to pretend it doesn't exist these days, BUT I WATCHED IT. FUCK YOU POLAND
>>
>The potential for more Sigi-Geralt baner
B R U H S
>>
File: 1464022519409.jpg (224KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1464022519409.jpg
224KB, 1680x1050px
>>82964676

Geralt in the games is the textbook definition of a Mary Sue.
>>
>>82962027
Think of Game of Thrones(but written way before asoiaf) but from the perspective of a monster-fighting mutant with central European vibes everywhere.
>>
>>82964709
Djikstra is the top bro
>>
File: maxresdefault-2-1.jpg (34KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault-2-1.jpg
34KB, 1920x1080px
>/tv/ crying about how bad /v/ is
Pretty ironic specially coming from the worst board on 4chan.
>>
>redpill me

>ask TV about a VIDEOGAME

>>82964524
ah yes, is not /pol/ nor /tv/ itself, is /v/.
Is /v/ that makes blacked threads, is /v/ that makes bain threads, pedo threads, feet threads, waifuing threads.
>>
So why didn't Ciri just travel back in time at the end of the last book?
>>
>>82962027
Main character isn't emotionless.

He shouldn't be black because he is a medieval Slav, in a setting where Slav mythology is real. Making him black would be enough to sink the show in political drama the moment it was announced.

Regardless, the series is brilliant, just go fucking play the games, or read the books, cunt.
>>
So guys, who are you looking forward to the most?
> Villentretenmerth
> Regis
> More dwarven antics
>>
>>82964369
If they really want to shoehorn in minorities they could have a trader from Zerrikania or Ofieri and stuff

It's not that other ethnicities don't exist in The Witcher world, it's just that, much like in real medieval times, they are very far away and travelling such great distances is very perilious - even moreso in The Witcher world since they have fucking monsters and shit
>>
>>82963817

>People actually think everyone will be big names.

That will suck up the budget big time.
>>
File: 2015-10-24_00001.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-24_00001.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
>>82964625
>he doesnt have over 9000 Witcher3 game screenshots saved
>>
File: ueKHnDp.jpg (886KB, 2350x1754px) Image search: [Google]
ueKHnDp.jpg
886KB, 2350x1754px
>>82964729

Both A Song of Ice and Fire and The Witcher share influenced, with one of the most obvious ones being the Elric's saga.
>>
>>82964784
Regis and Vilgefortz

If the show is based on the books, I wonder if they'll give Detlaff a cameo after a certain fight happens
>>
>>82964739
>is /v/ that makes bain threads comrade
>>
>>82964739
>Is /v/ that makes blacked threads, is /v/ that makes bain threads, pedo threads, feet threads, waifuing threads.

Literally nothing wrong with any of that, at least compared with /v/ shit.
>>
>>82964247
have you actually read the books or just read about them on the internet?
>>
>>82964785
Well according to westerners specially Americans diversity means more black people.
>>
>>82964809
Well I think they will try to balance it out so games fans will get enough fanservice without tying to them that much.
>>
>>82964784
>s5
>ambush at the frozen lake
Would literally be kino.
Also Geralt's knighting.
>>
>>82963796
Multiple nations have been doing it for decades.
>>
>>82964797
Only 8931 unfortunately
>>
File: 292030_20170517222655_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
292030_20170517222655_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>82964797
>>
>>82964784
The whole Thaned thing really. The whole book nothing happens and then everything happens at once. It was great to read and if they get it right it should be fantastic tv too. Especially Geralt getting completely BTFO out of nowhere by Vilgefortz.
>>
>>82964632
Germany and England
>>
>>82964720
Geralt constantly fucks up, is hated by plenty of people, and usually has no idea what's going on

Just because he's a great fighter doesn't make him a mary sue
>>
>>82964720
as witchers are superior to humans, mages are superior to witchers. geralt says multiple times in the books his "powers" are just parlor tricks compared to real mages

he also has a weird smell fetish.
>>
File: 20160605124901_1.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160605124901_1.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>82964873
still not best redhead
>>
>>82964928
>mages are superior to witchers
Not exactly

That's like saying "a hammer is superior to a hacksaw" - they're different tools for different jobs
>>
>>82963872
>casting Linda Cardellini as Velma
>making her the hottest in the movie
>casting a has-been as Daphne
>>
>>82964966
But that's not Cerys

Also 10 bucks says the Netflix series will have Triss with bright red hair and green eyes, even though she's supposed to have auburn hair and blue eyes
>>
> all right time for some badass fantasy
>it's just warped versions of fairy tales...

i mean this was pre-hollywood, so at the time it was maybe original
>>
>>82964996
>warped versions of fairy tales
Protip: the "fairy tales" you know are the ones that are actually warped

Also it's Polish folklore, not a lot of it has gotten into Hollywood
>>
>>82964928
lilac and gooseberries is a perfectly legitimate phrase to repeat over and over
>>
File: FaceApp_1492268458158.jpg (240KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1492268458158.jpg
240KB, 1280x1280px
Best Redhead coming through!
>>
>>82964982
Yeah, Sarah Michelle Geller was a bad cast
>no tits
>no ass
>blonde
>>
>>82964809
>I wonder if they'll give Detlaff a cameo after a certain fight happens

They won't. Detlaff is a game original character and belongs to CDPR. CDPR not involved with the show's production.

Characters like Detlaff, Letho, Vernon Roache and Jacques de Aldersberg have zero chance of appearing in the show.
>>
This has the potential to be either fucking great or fucking terrible, I don't think there will be an inbetween.
>>
>>82962027
Not 100% emotionless, but pretty numb. I think Witchers just tell people that to make them fuck off or something.
>>
>>82964364
>racial diversity, cuckoldery, women empowerment

all this themes are present in source material tho
>>
>>82965034
come the fuck on, Beauty and the Beast? Little Mermaid?
>>
>>82965034
>it's a Beauty and the Beast episode
>>
File: 292030_20170517040934_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
292030_20170517040934_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>82965077
>>82965080
>>
>>82964661
>Lots of Eastern Europe speaks Polish

that's so fucking wrong, kek

>>82964919
i giggled
>>
File: 20160709125328_1.jpg (699KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160709125328_1.jpg
699KB, 2560x1440px
>>82964625
>not having a playthrough exclusively using glasses
pleb
>>
>>82964923
>Geralt constantly fucks up, is hated by plenty of people, and usually has no idea what's going on

Not in the games.
>>
File: 20160709124346_1.jpg (264KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160709124346_1.jpg
264KB, 2560x1440px
>>82964966
That still ain't it m8
>>
>>82965034
>Polish folklore

Aka generic European mythology shit.
>>
>>82965194
>Not in the games.
Well if you're spoiled about the choices you won't fuck up, but otherwise it happens a lot

also, he keeps geting involved and used in other peoples business, especiall in tw2
>>
>>82965063
They need to strike a deal with them soon.
>>
I only played through half of witcher 1 years ago and never touched the other 2 games, is it worth a spin? should I start over from witcher 1 or just jump to 2/3?
>>
>>82965217

Even if you "fuck up" it's other people that face the consequences. Geralt always ends well.
>>
>>82965224
Start over from the first Witcher. It'll be a cunt to get through but once you get use to the gameplay, it'll be worth it.

Also be ready to expect different gameplay with each game.
>>
>>82965063
They don't need to name Detlaff or anything. They could just have "a mysterious, unknown vampire" collect Regis's smear and walk off with it for unknown purposes
>>
>>82965224
w1 is slow at the beggining, but second half has one of best moments in my gaming record

most of the people say 2 and 3 are far better, but i liked them all

You should do whatever you want
>>
>>82965166
You really have to read it to get it, there's even a Snow White story
>>
File: 20160605143618_1.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160605143618_1.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>82965232
>Geralt always ends well.

bad ending in tw3 made me wish he stayed dead after books. And I only watched it on yt
>>
>>82965194
>not in the games
In Skellige and Touissant he's well-liked, sure, but that's because Skelligers love fighters and Touissant people are generally polite

In Novigrad and Velen Geralt constantly gets shat on and the only people who tolerate him are people who want something from him
>>
>>82965296
even many skelligers are hostile to him because

>muh foreigners
>muh freya garden

And in Touissant people probably talk shit behind his back
>>
File: 2015-07-21_00046.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-21_00046.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
>>82965171
glasses still not best choice for playthrough
>>
File: the city of the witcher 3.jpg (214KB, 1517x803px) Image search: [Google]
the city of the witcher 3.jpg
214KB, 1517x803px
>>82965284

The ending is shit either way.
>>
>>82963684
Heh didnt he get one of his titles from that little adventure?
>>
>>82965282
Seanna.

>OMG U NEVER LOOKED FOR ME
>wtf yes I did
>NO U DIDN'T LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Best ending is to let the bitch die, that way:
1. Regis doesn't have to kill his friend, and thus doesn't get exiled/hunted forever
2. Geralt gets a dope sketch for his villa
3. Touissant's ruler doesn't die, or share power with a murderer who doesn't deserve it
>>
File: 292030_20170402072749_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
292030_20170402072749_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
no Mads no watch
>>
File: 2015-06-24_00003.jpg (499KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-24_00003.jpg
499KB, 2560x1440px
>>82965329
So many possibilities.
>>
>>82965296
>only people who tolerate him are people who want something from him

Aka quest givers who are the only people worth interacting with. And quest givers suck your cock by design.
>>
>>82965330
shit meaning fairy tale unbelivable and crushing despair aren't the same. My point is if he fuck ups in tw3 he ends up as a broken wreck
>>
File: 292030_20170520003030_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
292030_20170520003030_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Where do you get glasses from?
>>82965329
>>
>>82964661
>>>82964632
>Lots of Eastern Europe speaks Polish, it's the second-most common slavic language behind Russian

What the fuck am i reading

Also the real answer is that the books vere translated to a lot of european languages OTHER than english and were mostly known in nerd circles
>>
>>82965334
Butcher of Blaviken

One of the few scenes in the Polish tv show that was good
>>
>>82965074
not the way /tv/ memes about them
>>
File: 20160709125029_1.jpg (718KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160709125029_1.jpg
718KB, 2560x1440px
>>82965361
Heart of Stone expansion.

There's a scene where you have to go to an auction house and the glasses among other items can be purchased.
>>
How are a bunch of poor Polish drunks able to create amazing facial animation and detail but a gigantic game company like bioware's latest offering looks like it's an autistic man's idea of emotion and facial expression?
>>
>>82965364
I shit you not, Polish is the second most common Slavic language, beaten only by Russian

Third place is Ukranian so it's not like there's a lot of competition though
>>
>>82962027
Essentially a mature fantasy with a spin on the traditional knight going out slaying things, it's more realistic in that you have to be a professional enhanced mutant to even stand a chance against supernatural beings.
>>
>>82965361
the auction in the first dlc
>>
>>82965407
But saying other countries speak polish is just wrong
>>
>>82965282
The retarded mages, the knights and the autistic monster.
>>
>>82965400
Even autists think Andromeda's facial animations are fucking atrocious

My face is tired
>>
>>82965400

Because they pay their employees nothing, in a country that's already pretty cheap.
>>
File: 20160605181657_1.jpg (335KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160605181657_1.jpg
335KB, 1920x1080px
>>82965348
but why is she so qt?
>>
>>82965400
western developers are autistic? Also slavs aren't afraid to make a game full of babes, the witcher 1 sex cards are legendary.
>>
>you wasted way too many hours on the Witcher 3 to admit to people
>>
>>82965348
Letting her die is like shutting the game off before the ending. Best ending for the narrative is they both die.
>>
>>82965407
That's because there's a lot of polaks not because other slavs speak polish
>>
>>82965367
Was that the one where he was protecting that mage in the not-tardis? or was that a different story?
The butcher bit was good anyway
>>
>>82963720

Why? Cause it kills the villagers who help the crones? The crones are evil as shit they sacrifice little kids and drink their blood.
>>
>>82965465
there are much worse games to waste time in, it's got a god tier soundtrack, great visuals and some really nice scenery.
>>
>>82965533
Compared to what the Tree Spirit does, "sacrificing little kids and drinking their blood" might as well be "handing out free food and water"

The crones imprisoned the spirit because it was too evil. EVEN THE CRONES THOUGHT IT WAS TOO FUCKING EVIL

You have to be a special kind of moron to go into a tree where the interior is covered in bones, then when the dark and evil-sounding voice tells you to kill a horse for it, go along with the plan anyway
>>
>>82965465
I've put 600 hours in it

I have zero regrets
>>
>>82965533
>Folk say they were four at first. The Mother, She-Who-Knows, the Lady of the Wood, came here from a faraway land and, since she suffered terribly from loneliness, she made three daughters out of dirt and water.

>A long, long time ago the Mother was sole ruler of all of Velen. Her daughters brought her the people's requests and served as her voice. Each spring, sacrifices of grain, animals, and men were made to the Lady of the Wood on her special night. Yet as the years passed, the Lady of the Wood slipped deeper and deeper into madness. Her madness eventually spread over the land - men took to abandoning their homes and setting out into the bog, where they became food for beasts. Before long, Velen was drowning in blood.

>The daughters saw their land nearing destruction and took it upon themselves to save it. When spring came once more, and with it the night sacrifices, they killed their mother and buried her in the bog. Her blood watered the oak atop Ard Cerbin, and from then on the tree grew wholesome and hearty fruit for the people. As for the Lady's immortal soul, it refused to leave its beloved land, and so the sisters imprisoned it. To this day it lies trapped beneath the Whispering Hillock, where it thrashes about in powerless rage.
>>
>>82964160

>friendly reminder that eskel emanates more magic than Geralt and if he wanted to could outshine Geralt like a bitch. Fortunately for Geralt, he isn't a whiny attention seeking faggot so let's the White cuck take all the glory
>>
>>82965599
>The crones imprisoned the spirit because it was too evil. EVEN THE CRONES THOUGHT IT WAS TOO FUCKING EVIL
>believing crones lies

you are the moron here. Not saing the spirit is good, but crones got rid of for totally different reasons
>>
>>82965534

Too bad the gameplay is shit.
>>
>>82965533
>>82965667
>freeing an evil spirit to do whatever it wants
>b-but the crones are just as bad!
>not killing the spirit and the crones
Are you stupid?
>>
>>82965658
Maybe it is less a question of "voltage" and more of flavour? Could very well be, that the same unique rection to the trial of grasses, that bleached Geralt's hair, made him absolutely irresistable to sorceresses.

I am not sure, it was ever shown that every witcher has the same reaction when touched by a sorceress.
>>
>>82965445
Compared to what? And don't say america where waiters HAVE to be tipped because otherwise they will not be able to pay their rent.
>>
>>82963720
>>82965645
Yeah, also the upshot of the two choices is either you lose 5 kids or an entire village (forget the name)
>>
>>82965702
I wanted to kill crones in my first run, and I hoped releasing spirit could lead to confrontation
also
>muh babbies
>>
>>82965667
There's a book ingame called She Who Knows, you can find it all around the place, and it's covered in leaves and shit. It's about the mother of the crones who was a benevolent force at first, who gradually went totally insane and starting inflicting death and madness on the land. Even the crones couldn't handle the sheer degree of fuckery, so they killed her and buried her in the swamp. The tree is the re-manifestation of the Mother, and it's returned because of the death and madness brought on by the war in Velen. The tree spirit isn't just evil, it's insane.
>>
>>82962806
>Novel author also hates video games and thinks they're stupid, and so does not think much of the game series. He is also a "consultant" on the netflix series.
That's not true at all. The author hates the game series because he made a stupid fucking deal when selling the rights. He opted for a large sum instead of royalties, not thinking it was going to do well. I'm pretty sure he hates himself for fucking up
>>
>>82962027
main character is a monster hunter who does every little monster hunting in the actual books, story introduces interesting elements like race relationships and political intrigue and ever does anything with it instead opting for a road trip kind of story where all the characters are constantly wrong. later introduces a very powerful new faction which ends up doing nothing and the entire series ends with a giant let down because of completely unrelated events
>>
File: 1494084371223.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494084371223.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>It's a "Little Radovid gets OWLED" episode
>>
>>82965745
You don't know beforehand if the village will be killed.

Also, I don't give a shit about some dirty peasants who sent their kids to the crones, im glad they died
>>
>>82965766
That too, but also he is salty that games made the series more popular than books even has and refuses to publicly acknowledge that.
>>
>>82965745
You also directly influence how the Baron's quest for his wife ends.
If you defy the crones and free the spirit, they curse Anna and turn her into a hag. If you can't break the curse, the Baron hangs himself.
>>
>>82965760
>acting against the crones' wishes will somehow lead to a confrontation
>not considering the severe consequences of unchaining an evil spirit
>not thinking it'd be easier to get to the crones if you pretend you're on their side
You're a terrible plotter.
>>
>>82965793
That's to be expected, but I imagine he wouldn't be as salty if he had taken the royalties
>>
>>82964735

so you're the damn todd thread poster!
>>
>>82965761
I read the book.

Thing is, it presents certain point of view, written down long time after the events took place. It could be a total lie. Playing tw should get you sceptical to oral and written testimonies...
>>
>>82965745
>tfw a glitch helped you save the baron, his wife, and the orphans
>>
>>82965808
Probably.
Sapkowski is generally an asshole, and an old one at that. Kind of embittered too. I just hope he won't be too difficult to work with for the staff.
>>
>>82965803
You might be right but hey, it could have worked in video game.

Especially in one where plot on Radovids life worked out!
>>
>>82965848
>Especially in one where plot on Radovids life worked out!
You mean the plot where you pretend to be on Radovid's side to lure him into a trap?
>>
>>82965816
The evidence is pretty overwhelming, dude. The crones are shown to be honorable, though twisted. The village ealdorman knows about the tree spirit, presumably through oral history. He also directly states that it's the bloodshed in the land that's awoken it, and now it's directly influencing the land with its madness. Then there's the book that says the same thing. The only contradictory piece of evidence is the testimony of the spirit itself, and it doesn't actually offer up much of a defence beyond 'it is the will of nature' when Geralt confronts it about killing the villagers.
>>
>>82963667
I thought they were based on the Polish-Lithuania Commonwealth?
>>
>>82965911
That's Redania, Nilfgaard is pretty much HRE
>>
>>82965816
This isn't some shitty elder scrolls bullshit where everything is intentionally unknowable.

Did you also take the girl's bones off the island?
>>
>>82965599

Well that's debatable isn't it really? Would you believe everything the crones told you? I wouldn't. Not saying you're wrong either way, but your certainty in this case indicates you didn't really get the game. Before you start I've had about 5 run throughs, and have explored everything from outcomes to books. The spirit ridding the village of its inhabitants could be seen as an essential purging so as to free the land from the grip of the crones. No worshippers = less power.
>>
>>82965714

It was shown that eskel is more magically resonant than Geralt you utter cretin
>>
Are the crones even in the books?

I didn't read all of them yet.
>>
>>82965972
No
>>
>>82965714
yeah all witchers make sorceresses tingle, Triss hugs Vesemir and gets all tingly. She also wonders what would happen if she touched the medallion.
>>
>>82965901
One book ain't evidence bro. For example look at the elf fairy tale you can pick up in Avalachs lab, it paints humans as the monsters. It really is just a matter of perspective. Remember when the tree spirit is freed the children survive, whereas when you kill it they die too.
>>
>>82965926
I thought Nilfgaard was more Roman Empire than HRE
>>
>>82965964
I am not talking about general aptitude or resonance for/to magic. It is clear from the very beginning, that Geralt is actually pretty bad with magic. He is not even talented at signs, eventhough they aren't even real magic, as the sorcerers are practicing.

I am talking about the sparks of orgasmic energy felt by sorceresses when they touch Geralt. Something that seems pretty unique to him.

I just was not sure if it was mentioned in regards to other witchers. Certainly not between sorceresses and sorcerers.

>>82965994
Thanks for clarifying, I did not remember that. But hearing about touching the amulet made the coin drop.
>>
>>82966029
I thought they were Ottomans
>>
>>82966033

Read the books fuck head. Eskel emanates more magic, Triss notices it when she touches him. Are you thick? I'm referring to the same tingly thing you are. Christ some people just don't wanna admit they're wrong.
>>
File: rozenek.jpg (83KB, 1278x747px) Image search: [Google]
rozenek.jpg
83KB, 1278x747px
>>82963683
Leave Geralt to me.
>>
>>82965945
>don't believe everything witches tell you
>do believe what a spirit driving all the forest animals mad tells you
The crones being bad as well is totally irrelevant. You don't let loose a violent psychopath just because some other violent psychopaths are already loose.
>>
>>82965063
That means we also won't see Olgierd and Gaunter O Dimm right ? I believe they're not in the books. Fuck, this show will miss god tier characters and stories.
>>
>>82966115

I'm not telling you to believe either one, dick splash. I'm telling you your certainty is indicative of stupidity in this case. Is saving a shit baron who sells out his own people and beat and raped his wife to the point that she went nuts (and don't get me started on that cheating bitch) worth the lives of those children? Is letting those children live worth it just for them to end up in poverty again? There's a reason it's such a memorable quest, it's extremely ambiguous.
>>
>>82966147
probably why Sapkowski hates CDPR, they've made better stories and characters than half the shit in his books.
>>
>>82966147
Yeah, that is very likely.
>>
>>82965999
You ignored the testimony of the villagers, who are not in direct contact with the crones, as well as the crones themselves, who are shown to keep their word and act generally straightforward. They do messed up shit, but they don't ever lie about it. On top of that, you've got the book. The book contains accurate details, such as the crones burying their mother in the swamp. If you do the spirit's quest, it directs you to where it was buried: in the swamp. The book has more credibility than the spirit, since it's backed up by testimony from an independent source in the form of the ealdorman, plus the word of the crones, who do not lie or go back on their word the entire time you see them.
>>
>>82966147

David beckham confirmed as olgierd
>>
>>82966219

My point is that taking the word of the villagers, is the same as taking the word of scientologists on their "beliefs". Make your own mind up but don't sit there and claim there is a right choice when neither one is overly positive for the world.
>>
>>82966192
It's not ambiguous at all. The spirit is evil. You don't free evil spirits. Whatever happens to the baron and the spirit's promise to help the children is a distraction. It has no bearing whatsoever on whether freeing a trapped evil spirit is a good idea.

Again, did you take the bones off of Fyke Island or did you come to the obvious conclusion that unshackling trapped spirits is probably a bad idea unless you are absolutely, 100 percent certain that there is no risk.
>>
>>82966245
The fuck are you talking about? How is not releasing an evil spirit objectively a more positive choice?
>>
>>82966219
And furthermore, the tree spirit keeps its word by saving the children. Your reasoning is bull shit. For the record I prefer to save the baron, I like how it plays out and I feel sorry for Anna even though I know she brought it on herself by being a mega whore. But I'm clever enough to know neither choice is right or wrong.
>>
>>82966071
Yes. I just read the passage in Blood of Elves.

My notion, that the pleasure effect could be related to Geralt's special case was wrong.

I wonder if the nature of the tingling and the intensity of it can change depending on which potions a witcher has imbibed.

I want some sorceress to keep her hand on a witcher, while I get him hammered, and see what changes.
>>
File: 1344976879238.jpg (26KB, 423x315px) Image search: [Google]
1344976879238.jpg
26KB, 423x315px
What happened to the Legend of Zelda Netflix show? It's been years since it was announced.
>>
>>82966277

Outcomes brother. Tree spirit could attack crones, tree spirit could be more evil. You save the children, a brainwashed village gets wiped out and the crones lose influence. You save baron but you know more and more kids are gonna get killed. It's literally whatever you'd rather go with is the right choice in this case, as there's no outcome that is more positive than another.
>>
>>82966247

No I didn't take the bones off fyke isle first time, though I did do it in one of run throughs for sake of completion. However it's a different situation, as we aren't talking about loads of morally grey characters and we are not talking about children being cooked.
>>
>>82964125
>>82964190
>laughtrack
>>
>>82966332
Your entire argument hinges on not knowing, and from this, you decide the best course of action is to free it. This is completely backwards. If you don't know, you don't fuck with it. You're just asking for unforeseen consequences otherwise.

>>82966373
Literally the only difference is that the Fyke Isle girl was an actual victim. Why the fuck would you be less likely to take her word than the tree spirit that's been driving the forest mad and murdering villagers?
>>
>>82966285
I didn't say the tree spirit lies, I said the crones don't. Even if it keeps its word, there is clear evidence that it's having a drastic effect on the land just by existing. It's not conjecture that the thing is having a horrible effect on the land either, it's driving the villagers insane and they're sleepwalking out to the tree to be killed by the wildlife the spirit uses to protect itself. The ground around the tree is fucking littered with the bones of children. Geralt makes a note of it. He uses this when he confronts the spirit, and it's dismissive of it. Children don't matter to it, neither do women. It used the children in the swamp as a bargaining tool for its freedom, nothing more.
>>
>>82966332
Are you retarded enough to actually think people care about what the best 'choice' is when you KNOW the outcome because its a videogame?
>>
>>82965766
No it is true. Thats the reason he told CD Projekt to essentially fuck off when they offered royaties. Because games are shit and not art according to him.

So he has double the salt in his veins
>>
>Redpill me on the Witcher franchise

The games are unplayable. I finished the first one then couldn't be bothered with the rest
>>
>>82966420

Nah I just said I prefer to save the baron. You're not reading what I'm saying clearly, so is there any point in arguing. I'm saying that I don't think freeing the tree spirit is the wrong choice to make, but that it's just another choice to make. Is that beyond your realm of comprehension?
>>
>>82966420

Fyke isle girl isn't something that could threaten the crones, who by the time we meet the spirit, it's pretty evident they're powerful and creepy as fuck.
>>
>>82966447

I didn't say there was a better choice to make. You guys are saying that. Well done for cornering yourself with your own logic there buddy.
>>
>>82966462
you're a fucking retard m8
>>
File: Witcher 2.png (2MB, 1662x1608px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 2.png
2MB, 1662x1608px
>>82966462
The first is the best you will in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>82966466
>I'm saying that I don't think freeing the tree spirit is the wrong choice to make
And I'm disagreeing with that. It absolutely is the wrong choice to make.

You don't know what the consequences of freeing it are. All you know is that it is killing villagers and turning the wildlife violent. The only correct decision is to kill it to calm the forest and stop the killings. Anything else is based on nothing, pure conjecture, and hoping that everything will magically sort itself out.

>>82966493
So the stakes are even higher as you're releasing an extremely powerful spirit with highly questionable motives. How again are you justifying such a reckless decision?
>>
>>82965828
wat glitch?
>>
>>82965911
> Polish-Lithuania Commonwealth?
You either know nothing about PLC or about Milfgaard
>>82965926
Northern kingdoms are based on XII-XIV c european kingdoms, PLC is XVI-XVIII c
>>
>>82962027
Many years ago there was a rift in space that connected all planets and the planet the witcher series takes place was invaded by beings from other planets who to them seem like monsters. Fast forward a few thousand years humans start mutating some kids in order to create supersoldiers to kill these creatures and name them witchers. Fast forward a fw thousand years more the world is basically on europe 13th century state with the exception of monsters and magic. Witchers are now a dying breed and really disdained by most, so they roam the world looking to make a buck by putting their lives in danger.
>>
File: ciri.jpg (184KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ciri.jpg
184KB, 1366x768px
>>82965934
>Did you also take the girl's bones off the island?
y-yes

at least Ciri didn't die,okay? ;_:
>>
>>82966727
Nigga didn't you see a single episode of Supernatural? Do not ever fuck with remains, unless it's to salt and burn them.
>>
>>82966219
Fucking villagers and their elder are crones bitches, they give them their own children to eat, they're unreliable as hell
>>
>>82966332
Don't save the tree because in the end Ciri kills the crones anyway.
>>
>>82966628
When I had to follow Johnny back after getting his voice, he glitched out and wouldn't move, so I thought to run around looking for a trigger or something, thinking he needed something else, and stumbled upon the spirit's tree. I thought, what the hell, maybe this will trigger something. I released the spirit, then, went back to Johnny. He still didn't move so I saved and reloaded and it finally forced him to move. When I returned to the Crones to meet them, the kids were gone, but Anna never got cursed.
>>
>>82966575
>All you know is that it is killing villagers and turning the wildlife violent.

You don't know that. Actually the only thing you know is that spirit is conflicted with crones, probably evil, and that it promises to save children that helped you.

Saving children from crones is legit reason to face the unknown and release it

especially for a moralfag like Gerrold
>>
>>82966751
in fact i didn't
>>
>>82966815
They sent the children away because there were too many mouths to feed in the food shortage due to the war. It's explicitly mentioned multiple times throughout the story, especially in the bit with Ciri and the kid she finds.
The villagers don't have direct contact with the crones, they speak of them with reverence, but never actually meet them. The closest thing to a medium is Thecla, who chooses who gets sacrificed at the Sabbath. The crones don't share information with the villagers, which is clear the moment Geralt speaks to the ealdorman and he doesn't realize that the crones sent Geralt.
>>
>>82966751
When I play I don't even take valuable loot, not even swords or armor off of cursed sites. These casuals make me sick.
>>
>>82966574
how fucking braindead are you? Witcher one is a fucking dance game.
>>
>>82967052
>justification
doesn't make me any more symathetic towards those dirty shits
>no direct contact
I never implied that. But they're clearly revering crones and they are under their influence, hence their opinions on whole situation don't count for shit
>>
>>82962806
>it has a very gritty/medieval vibe, doesn't often feel like fantasy
Did you even play the witcher games?
>>
>>82966963
Except he investigates the tree, and finds that everything he's been told is true. Villagers are being drawn to the tree and killed, children among them. There's violent wildlife around the tree. When Geralt confronts the tree spirit about these things, it doesn't deny it, only offers an excuse. You have all the evidence you need to realize the spirit is evil by the point you have the chaoice to release it, but the spirit uses the kids as a bargaining chip for its freedom and plays on your empathy for them. It's the most basic diversionary tactic, and it's effective, but it doesn't change the fact that the tree spirit is killing innocent people.
>>
>>82967127
And I finished witcher 2 on DARK difficulty with no damage taken for the final boss.
Really makes one think.
>>
File: lF0cAz.jpg (41KB, 600x552px) Image search: [Google]
lF0cAz.jpg
41KB, 600x552px
>tfw u fucked up every single choice in withcher 3

Im sorry friends i was just trying to do the right thing
>>
>>82967147
Would you rather that the entire family died of hunger than sending one kid to their death? In nature, when there's not enough food for the family and the mother doesn't abandon one or more of its young, they all die. It's absolutely the lesser of two evils, but it's a necessity.

If the crones aren't sharing information with the villagers, how would they blame the tree spirit without knowledge of it? They do know, because it's from the legend of the Mother and that local knowledge is passed down. They aren't siding with the crones if they aren't receiving information from them. They came to that conclusion by themselves, based on prior knowledge.
>>
>>82967198
If you fucked EVERYTHING Lambert would be lying next to Vesemir in funeral pyre.
>>
File: ddsd.jpg (161KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ddsd.jpg
161KB, 1366x768px
>>82967173
>it doesn't change the fact that the tree spirit is killing innocent people.

I never denied that. Do you even follow?

>>82967198
Say sorry to her, fucker
>>
>>82967286
>it's okay to give your children to monsters that eat them if you don't have enough food

okay, I'm talking either to a fucking crookbackbog crone, or some velen peasant

>trusting local superstition and legends that much

you probably also believe that nonhumans spread diseases?
>>
>>82967304
Yes, you did. Go back a few posts.

>All you know is that it is killing villagers and turning the wildlife violent.
>You don't know that. Actually the only thing you know is that spirit is conflicted with crones, probably evil, and that it promises to save children that helped you.

You do know that, because you fucking investigate it, find evidence of it, and then when you confront the spirit, it makes excuses for it without denying it.
>>
>>82966460
According to Sapkowski books and games (and movies for that matter) are separate and untranslatable mediums.

He opted for a lump sum because every other previous adaptation turned out to be utter shit, and he had no reason to think the game would be any different. Now hates himself for it. That's also the reason he is so willing to assist netflix in making this series.
>>
>>82967419
You ignored the alternative, which is that everyone dies. That's a worse outcome, no matter how you look at it. The 'trail of treats' is a convenient way of sending the kid off without them suspecting anything.
>>
>>82962968
>b8
>>
>>82967419
It's not local superstition when there's an ancient book available in many locations in the game backing up the story. In fact, the story is never told by anything but the book. Both the crones and the villagers refer to the spirit as a force of evil, with no mention of its origins. The book provides the answer.
>>
>>82966963
>You don't know that.
Are you retarded? The tree spirit itself tells you it's true.
>>
Is it a good time to collect rare witcherabilia like the cimic books from the 90's?
>>
>>82967502
No, Witcher 3 is a giant pile of shit, at least from a writing perspective

It would make a terrible book or a movie, at least the previous games were above average in the writing department and better than most of the books. Hell, Witcher 2 was better than all of the books, if we ignore the Iorveth branching path
>>
>>82965171

God bless Vlodimir. That wedding was an awesome sequence.
>>
>>82962027

the world is shit, life means nothing and moral grey lines

welcome to Witcherverse
>>
>>82964720
This isn't some pandering bullshit either. She actually does get pressured into lesbian sex as a young teen so it's a legit thing for her.
>>
File: Hexer Blood Splatter.gif (1003KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
Hexer Blood Splatter.gif
1003KB, 360x240px
>>82967443
I can understand why he would opt for a lump of cash, rather than royalties, since the original "Hexer" TV-series, is not very good - special effects and such - gif related... I do actually like that the silversword is curved like a katana, because the monsters are wearing armor, but their natual resilience is weakend by silver, so it makes sense to have blade that is designed to cleave meat when fighting them, although if they go this route now, then I fear it will be too weaboo...
>>
>>82967746
Lesbian sex is considered pandering bullshit now?
>>
>>82964928
witchers are stronger, faster and more durable than regular humans but from what ive seen it doesnt seem like that much. if it was geralt vs captain america, im pretty sure cap is both faster, stronger and more durable. but sometimes his depictions are inconsistent. i feel like the CGI trailer of the 3 nilfs was probably the most realistic depiction of his speed but in the in game cutscenes of witcher 2, he was cutting people apart like a motherfucker before they could even react.
>>
>>82963090
They just want to introduce ogres.
>>
>>82965330
i never understood why these elves were such fucking manbeasts but the elves on geralts world were all manletes
>>
>>82965625
Why would you? The game is great fun, incredibly immersive and shockingly beautiful.

Sometimes I didn't even do any missions, I just liked riding around on roach listening to the music. Fields of Ard Skellige was some of the best in the game.
>>
>>82965171
>Vlodimir
wtf, what's wrong with the name Witold? Why did they change it when Olgierd stayed the same
>>
>>82968406
Witold them to not change his name but they just didn't listen.
>>
>>82962806
Books also suck. First two, maybe three are decent. But then the writer goes off the rails with his pedo fetish.
>>
>>82963470
Nilfgaard are german+roman. Zerrikanians are blacks+arabs.
>>
>>82963684
>The Lesser Evil
Is that the Blaviken one?
>>
>>82965330

Epilogues were really well done, the only problem was with the heavily rushed climax.
>>
File: 20160601001716_1.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160601001716_1.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
why was she not more often without pants?
>>
>>82964501
Netlix is quite popular here in boland. Many people that I know have it.
>>
>>82962968
>except the third game which is a giant pile of shit

They're all shit. The gameplay is consistently awful and the story is typical fantasy garbage. Even neckbeard fans of the series have to admit that the gameplay is awful.
>>
>>82968923
That is quite possibly why this series is getting made,I think they are aware they opened new market and want dominance.
>>
>>82963685
And herpes, right?
>>
New thread?
>>
>>82965038
Nigger
>>
>>82964661
name one
>>
>>82965167
Belarus, ukraine, lithuania and some parts of russia. They have polish churches in moscow, not to mention descendants of poles that were in gulags on syberia or poles sent to kazakhstan.
>>
>>82965063
Except CDPR are smart. They'll weasel their way in if they can.
>>
>>82967947
>I do actually like that the silversword is curved like a katana

That was his steel sword. His silver sword pops up a few times. It's a typical arming sword.

Also, a thing Geralt goes to talk about in the books is that the silver sword isn't even necessary for most monsters as they're just as susceptible to any old conventional harm like Humans are.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.