[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>let's pander to the lowest common denominator the movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: art-of-alien-covenant.jpg (234KB, 1200x1084px) Image search: [Google]
art-of-alien-covenant.jpg
234KB, 1200x1084px
>let's pander to the lowest common denominator the movie
>>
>>82954728
so just like the first two then.
>>
File: hack.jpg (128KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
hack.jpg
128KB, 1000x562px
Yup.

Scott is a fucking hack, what do you expect?
>>
Best Villain arc.

Third movie will probably be a planet full of ayyliens that has to be nuked.
>>
>>82956220
Alien was completely original -- nothing about it was pandering.

Aliens turrned Alien into a shitty action movie which brought in the proto reddit crowd
>>
>>82957343
Aliens is just as good if not better than n
>>
>>82957356
t. proto reddit
>>
it was kinda weird how the engineers could farm and shit but all of that was outside in the open and that wheat was still growing after 10 years and that they have to travel out of their way to find any sign of civilization ie buildings and shit
>>
>>82957397
proto reddit is just 2005 4chan
>>
>>82954728
WHY DID DAVID'S HAIR GROW LONG
>>
>>82956522
Lol hack man meme.

It should be illegal to post here if you are under 18
>>
>>82957429
David isn't a standard Weyland Android. There's your answer.
>>
>>82954728

So the Prometheus audience, right?
>>
>>82954728
>lowest common denominator
>all the normies, Aliens fans and "lore"-fags hate it
KYS my dear friend.
>>
>>82954728
So aliens have eyes?
>>
>>82957495

They ditched all the depth for CGI aliens and its being praised for muh aliens
>>
>>82957473
I had so many theories as I was watching.
>He was going to somehow be genetically fused with Shaw
>He was somehow going to be a genetic replicant, as I was lead to believe that reincarnation or replicants were going to be there to explain Franco's character return, which I expected for some reason
>Somehow it was David's head grafted onto Shaw's fucking body
>He's just some sort of superalien
>>
>>82957495
Lowest common denominator in cinema is horror fans and this is what the movie was pandering to.
>>
>>82957476
Promtheus is only hated by reddit fags who can't pay attention for more than 10 seconds.
>>
>>82957580

>reddit trying to fit in

fucking cringeworthy tbqh
>>
>>82957612

>muh alien space bugs

how lowbrow can you be?
>>
>>82957635

Cringeworthy tbqh, seek help buddy.
>>
>>82957656
go back to crying about your "ruined" mystery
>>
>>82957667

Seek help in Reddit buddy, you really need it.
>>
>>82954728
>REEEEEEE THE ENGINEERS ARE 4 FEET SHORTER MYSTERY RUINED FOREVER BENT AXE I WOULDN'T HAVE TOUCHED THE SNAKE I AM LITERALLY A BETTER DIRECTOR THAN RIDLEY SCOTT
>>
>>82957575
I think that the black goo and his interactions with it are changing him but very little.

He must attributes a quote which an absurd would never do as demonstrated by Walter when he correctes him. He tries to initiate intimacy with Walter and kisses Daniel's too. He lies.
>>
>>82954728
WHY ARE THERE PICTURES OF XENO QUEENS IN THE HEADROOM IN PROMETHEUS

WHY DO THE FUCKING ENGINEERS WEAR ROBES

WHY DO THE DUMB FUCKING ENGINEERS HAVE STATUES OF THEIR FACES FUCKING EVERYWHERE FOR NO REASON

HOW THE FUCK DID SHAW PUT DAVID TOGETHER AGAIN

WHY THE FUCK DID SHAW PUT DAVID TOGETHER AGAIN

WHY DID DAVID'S HAIR GROW?

WHERE DID DAVID GET A FUCKING NEW SUIT AND A GRENADE LAUNCHER?

WHY DOES EVERY STUPID FAGGOT WHO SURVIVES A FACEHUGGER ATTACK NOT FEEL IT CUM STRAIGHT DOWN THEIR THROAT AND THINK SOMETHING IS UP?

WHY DID THE WHITE ALIENS EAT THAT ONE CHICK? I THOUGHT THEY DIDN'T EAT

WHY DOESN'T THE VIRUS ATTACK PLANTS?

WHY DOES AN INTERSTELLAR RACE NOT JUST USE NUKES TO EXTERMINATE FOES?

WHY DO THE VIRUS BOMBS FALL IN A PATTERN THAT RESEMBLES DNA?

WHY BOTHER BOMBING THE ENGINEERS?

WHY IS THERE WHEAT?
>>
>>82957689
This is exactly how I feel about these people BUT I still think this movie is bad. I hate that the bad guy wins and from first face hugger to death of first alien is a mess and entirely too fast. That captain could have found the egg room himself and gotten facehugged instead of David promting him after the incident with the neomorph
>>
>>82957726
The Walter kiss was an attempt to distract him so he could pull out his spine cord thing (it worked).

The Daniels kiss was an attempt to implant one of those facehugger embryos he was storing inside of his body into her.
>>
>>82957748
>Look mom I posted meme questions in all caps. Ridley is le hack man
>>
>>82957748
I mainly kept asking why would trained and prepared colonist go into a newly found planet without sealed fucking suits. Seriously, problem sovlved.
>>
>>82954728
people that actually go out to the movies in 2017 are the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>82957799
>He doesn't understand facetiousness
Jesus man, I enjoyed the thing, you need to chill the hell out
>>
>>82957784
Are you sure? I know he stabbed him with the flute but I don't remember it like that.

I think you are letting the last scene dictate what you think happened regarding Daniel's. Based on established universe you don't incubate a facehugged like that
>>
>>82954728
If they make a third movie that is yet again completely unrelated to the last 2 and resolves nothing, and then concluded the "trilogy" and didn't make any more, it would actually redeem my opinion of Scott since he is clearly just fucking around and trolling people.

As of right now I just think he's a dipshit.
>>
>>82957748
Don't waste your energy asking these questions. Ridley is a senile hack, and you will never, ever get answers.
>>
>>82957819
Because they don't. Their colony can sustain life. They would have not worn helmets to that colony planet too.

In space no one can here you

>Reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>82957819
Figured if they could perform some sort of crazy long range scan of the planet perfectly (that kind of threw me for a loop but whatever) they would know if the atmosphere is breathable. I mean, I would have worn hermetically sealed suits while I was dropping anyways because holy shit you stupid fucks your dropping through a space storm or whatever what if you depressurize, but I at least *sort of* get it.

Also, I remember one gripe my normie friends had with promethius was- no shit- that all the actors looked the same because they were in space suits the entire time and it depersonalized them.
>>
>>82957409
It was probably a colony and the wheat is space wheat, which is like magic wheat and shit.
>>
>>82957873
Le hack man meme
>>
>>82957908
They couldn't deploy probes and MP the surface due to ion storm.
>>
>>82957748
>WHY DOES AN INTERSTELLAR RACE NOT JUST USE NUKES TO EXTERMINATE FOES?
Realestate.
If you nuke a planet, it's worthless.
The goo will kill all fauna and keep the flora, thus making it suitable for recolonization.
>>
>>82957907
>>82957908
It has fuck all to do with supporting life or being breathable atmosphere, it has to do specifically with exactly what happened; unknown pathogens.

A planet being in the Goldilocks zone and having earth like features is one thing but, just like Europeans to the new world or drinking tap water in Mexico you cannot account for all the unknown pathogens without time on ground and extensive research and experimentation.
>>
>>82957748
>WHY IS THERE WHEAT?
The engineer colonists grew it.
>>
>>82957748
>QUEENS IN THE HEADROOM
we don't know the full story yet, they probably made something like it before
>ROBES
to hide their lack of junk
>STATUES
different culture
>HOW
with a box of scraps maybe
>WHY
boredom and/or loneliness
>HAIR
they made him too realistic
>NEW SUIT AND A GRENADE LAUNCHER
idk that's just bad writing
>CUM STRAIGHT DOWN THEIR THROAT
they dream of smothering, they don't know what happened
>WHITE ALIENS
that's just what they do, they're monsters
>PLANTS
it's engineered to do that, probably to cleanse planets
>NUKES
too messy or low tech for them
>DNA
symbolism
>BOMBING
because fuck those guys
>WHEAT
engies gotta eat too
>>
>>82957998
>Nuke the planet, it's useless
You could also gas it with something you can neutralize or wait out. Or launch a drone assault.
>Realestate
Clearly the engineers don't give a shit about that or else they would've colonized, say, earth. Also, they can clearly terraform shit, so they could go wherever they want. I could get into the "we need more planets" sci fi meme being dumb low-sci trash, but I don't even need to
>Keep the flora
But they can clearly just create whatever fucking plants they want, like they did with earth. Even if that takes a long time, they have crystasis that works WAAAAAAY better than ours as seen in Prom.

Its something I can ignore only if Alien stops pretending to be hard sci fi, but they're pushing it
>>
>>82958032
Yep.
An alien planet with life would be host to trillions upon trillions of unknown microbes, any one of which could absolutely fuck a human's biology.
>>
File: damon.jpg (58KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
damon.jpg
58KB, 612x380px
how do you think he feels, /tv/?
>>
>>82957774
I that the second run of deaths is weirdly handled. I think that they should have found David earlier and allowed more time to establish that something was wrong with their situation before the entire supporting cast got annihilated in the space of 2 minutes. I actually thought that Crudup's character was handled really well until he shot the Neomorph. The leadup to the facehuggers felt very awkward. Before that he was interesting as a decent man but overwhelmed leader. And his Christianity was handled very well I think. He reminded me of speaking to actual Christians.

I don't think that the movie's bad. As far as expedition gone wrong sci-fi action goes it's solid enough. Just it could have been much better. It and Prometheus are 6.5/10 pulp movies with scattered scraps of great science-fiction dispersed throughout.

>>82957784
I got the impression that David kissing Walter was intended as a sincere expression of love/sympathy/whatever before killing him. As for Daniels I think that that was just curiosity more than anything else.
>>
>>82958128
It's easier to recolonize an already hospitable planet with a biosphere than to terraform a barren rock.
>>
>>82957784
It's a classic kiss of death, robot mafia style.
>>
I actually liked the neomorphs or whatever the white aliens were called. Glad that concept art got used.
>>
>>82954728
that would explain why you watched it
>>
File: 1448175396454[1].png (316KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448175396454[1].png
316KB, 1000x720px
>>82957748
>WHY ARE THERE PICTURES OF XENO QUEENS IN THE HEADROOM IN PROMETHEUS
Duno

>WHY DO THE FUCKING ENGINEERS WEAR ROBES

What is the problem with that ?

>WHY DO THE DUMB FUCKING ENGINEERS HAVE STATUES OF THEIR FACES FUCKING EVERYWHERE FOR NO REASON
Why do we have?

>HOW THE FUCK DID SHAW PUT DAVID TOGETHER AGAIN
David said in Prometheus "I am the only one who can operate this spaceship. Without me you'll never leave this planet" Lurk moar

>WHY THE FUCK DID SHAW PUT DAVID TOGETHER AGAIN
Same as the above

>WHY DID DAVID'S HAIR GROW?
Plot device

>WHERE DID DAVID GET A FUCKING NEW SUIT AND A GRENADE LAUNCHER?
He made it

>WHY DOES EVERY STUPID FAGGOT WHO SURVIVES A FACEHUGGER ATTACK NOT FEEL IT CUM STRAIGHT DOWN THEIR THROAT AND THINK SOMETHING IS UP?
They wakeup several hours after

>WHY DID THE WHITE ALIENS EAT THAT ONE CHICK? I THOUGHT THEY DIDN'T EAT
Different species maybe?

>WHY DOESN'T THE VIRUS ATTACK PLANTS?
They say in it the movie. It only attacks flesh and maybe fungi. ie. Spore boobs

>WHY DOES AN INTERSTELLAR RACE NOT JUST USE NUKES TO EXTERMINATE FOES?
Nukes destroys other things you know, like the whole fucking planet.

>WHY DO THE VIRUS BOMBS FALL IN A PATTERN THAT RESEMBLES DNA?
Fractals

>WHY BOTHER BOMBING THE ENGINEERS?
Not engineers

>WHY IS THERE WHEAT?
What if it is a plant that resembles Wheat? Why is there trees? Clouds? Water?
>>
why
did
david's
ship
crash?
>>
>>82958391
Either he couldn't operate the landing mechanism (seemed to tie into some kind of floating dock thing he couldn't have anticipated) or he did it deliberately to confuse the next people who would arrive at the planet.
>>
>>82958391
He crashed it. With two survivors.
For us.
>>
>>82957577
God what a fucking awful and incorrect opinion you've got there sir.
Just tell me I took the bait and be done with it.
>>
>>82956522
Some directors were better off when CGI wasn't available, they had to actually use their brains. All the effort it would take to replicate an action scene like in Covenant in the Original Alien would have blown most of the budget on how many special effects would be wasted on botched takes. That and Scott doesn't really know whether or not he wants to make an action movie or a tense thriller. I still cannot fathom why they had to cut to the neomorph running around Pompeii part 2, as if they audience really needed to be shown that to connect the dots, this is an R rated movie you don't have to show those type of things. It would be like cutting to Golem in Fellowship following them into the fucking mines, you don't fucking need that.

Thank god he isn't directing the new Blade Runner, he'd probably make it into a political drama.
>>
>>82958428
>he crashed it on purpose

this is the most retarded thing i have ever fucking heard

is david an anime atagonist now?
>>
>>82957442
I think you're fucking underage
>>
>>82958511
It's the strongest evidence to support his story about everything dying by mistake. If the thing was just sitting intact and ready to take off again that would raise all kinds of questions.
>>
File: ripped ass engies.jpg (40KB, 768x470px) Image search: [Google]
ripped ass engies.jpg
40KB, 768x470px
BLEACHED
>>
File: stoklasa_not_pleased.jpg (38KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
stoklasa_not_pleased.jpg
38KB, 500x280px
>>82957748
>what was the black goo?
>>
>>82958590
Who are you quoting?
>>
why did david suddenly become emotive when he was completely stoic (like andorids are) in prometheus?
>>
File: 1489162517139.jpg (97KB, 911x678px) Image search: [Google]
1489162517139.jpg
97KB, 911x678px
>>82958604
Mike Stoklasa
This post essentially is the equivalent of the RLM Prometheus video from five years ago.
They're all justified questions though.
>>
Ridley is a hack
>>
>>82958666
Ten years of solitude.
Shaw fucked up his circuitry when trying to repair him.
Reading engineers lterature snd realizing they're as fucked up as humans.
Being unable to create biological life directly, he sees the aliens as his children.
>>
>>82958666
David was the most advanced android that humanity ever dared to build. I think that it's implied that he was always intelligent and driven enough to have his own ideas and goals and motivations in mind but was held in check by his loyalty to Weyland. With Weyland gone all of his simmering resentment for mankind was able to boil over and he could act on his feelings in any way he wanted to.

Even in Prometheus when Weyland was alive and he was technically carrying out his orders he seemed to try and find the most vindictive way possible to go about them.

>>82958687
Pauline Kael said that the surest sign of hackwork was consistently doing the same thing over and over again.
>>
>>82957343
I agree. Aliens cheesed it up.
Still good though.
>>
>>82958758
She calls it "hackwork," Hollywood calls it a franchise.
>>
>>82958666
The intro scene in AC explains it. He's been too human all along.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.