[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: eraserhead.jpg (269KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
eraserhead.jpg
269KB, 1200x848px
what?
>>
It's a "just go with it" type deal
>>
Dude anxiety lmao
>>
>>82948180
Yeah this meme can end any time
>>
i found this hard to sit through than cannibal holocaust

what was meant by the big cheeks woman?
>>
>>82948285
escapism or some shit idk
>>
It's about his horror at experiencing the social decay of the Philadelphia ghettos and his grief and guilt over subjecting a woman he lowed to that evil with him.
>>
>>82948150
is pretty easy to follow
>>
>>82948285
She's the embodiment of suicide.
>>
>>82948150
Not meming here, what did Lynch REALLY meme with it? I used to think I knew what this film was about or what it was trying to convey, but I only recently discovered that Lynch himself has rejected every interpretation of the film. What was the passage from the bible that gave him that "ah ha!" moment? What did it mean?
>>
The movie is about the fears associated with becoming/being a father.
>>
>>82950991
That's what I though! But apparently that's not what it's about, according to the Lynch himself.

I guess the better question is, should we even be concerning ourselves with what he deems the "right" interpretation of his work? Isn't it good enough that some people gain certain things when they watch his films?
>>
>>82948150
It's a metaphor for a couple who aren't prepared financially or emotionally for the child. So the child becomes their darkest fears, moral of the story don't cant kids if you can't handle it. Or abort it if you don't want it.
>>
>>82950955

I don't know the specific passage, but I think there's a few bibicial stories where God suggested a mother/father to kill their own son. Thematically, it is pretty obvious Eraserhead is about filicide, it's the details that are fuzzy as fuck.
>>
Ita basically the nightmare of being in a loveless relationship with a kid you dont want processed through 20 layers of fear and deep dreams
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.