[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Beauty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

Is this movie any decent?
>>
>>82947779
It's not bad. It sticks with you for a while
>>
yes stupid goy don't have a family it's a drag also anyone who is against the homosexual agenda is a repressed homosexual
>>
>>82947779
Cover up her face and tell me that isn't a man body
>>
>>82947779
I like it, spacey is like a mgtow in it.
>>
>>82947779
Yes if you are interested in the plight of the common middle class middle aged man from the suburbs.
>>
File: american-beauty-poster.jpg (952KB, 873x1200px) Image search: [Google]
american-beauty-poster.jpg
952KB, 873x1200px
>>82947779
Yes. Great performances from Spacey, Bening and Cooper.
>>
>>82947779
American beauty perfectly captures the late 90s. Everyone on here that hates it was 12 or younger when it was released. It is probably one of the 20 greatest movies of all time. The dance team scene alone is transcendant.
>>
>>82947779
>>82948197
This anon gets it. It the best way to explain 1995-2001 America in a movie.
>>
Absolute garbage. Cliches as all hell. If you want what American beauty is trying to be watch sex lies and video tape
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT-ui0hDTzg
>>
>>82947779
does she have qt toes
>>
>>82948197
Bullshit it does it's trying too hard to be deep like inception
>>
Two scenes that I will always remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u1ADgiz8W8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv8cDP9RNZs
>>
I know this is a meme to say, but it's unironically aged pretty badly

Just watch Kubrick's Lolita
>>
>>82947779
10/10
>>
>>82947779
10/10, captured growing up in the 1990s with perfection. Only one line feels off.
>>
File: 1334008504808.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1334008504808.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>tfw you miss the James Bond marathon on TNT
>>
>>82947779
It's what Hollywood imagines the "regular American family" is really like

Some nice performances but isn't as good as the reviews made it out to be
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6u1ADgiz8W8

And then the fact that his sexual object put on display at a basketball game is a virgin?

The movie has like 8 different levels, but most importantly no matter how much they hated each other, the burnams loved each other.

You may scoff today, in your world of blindly liking politicians based on their race or racistness. But 20 years ago people worried about making money and having sucessful children, not whether the pronoun they used was inoffensive enough.
>>
>>82947779
Seriously one of mt all time favourites
dare I say kino

>>82947957
If you thought that was the message you probably have problems.
>>
>>82948677
Be a dad
have daughter who goes into high school
one of her friends starts to flirt with you as girls do for giggles.

Lester I now understand.
>>
>>82947779
When I was growing up we lived in a Duplex!
>>
>>82948531
what line?
>>
AMERICAN WOMAN
>>
>>82947779
I really don't like movies like this. My 2 favorite films I've seen this year were John Wick 2 and Logan. Im a fucking pleb by /tv/ standards. But fuck me, American Beauty is a great film. Don't let the contrarians cloud your opinion on it. It's a movie I watched with 0 expectations and fell in love with. I watch it once in a few.

That drive thru scene literally changed my life.
>>
>>82948882
One of the lanes of Jane while she talking to her boyfriend, I would have to watch the movie again to get the exact line.

I just remember that it was the one line that sounded like a writer and not like one of the teens of my age (I was a teen when it came out) would say.
>>
>>82949126
But it helps me remember... I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
is it this classic?
>>
>>82949220
No, it one of her lines while she talking into his camera.

Okay, it right at the start -

On VIDEO: JANE BURNHAM lays in bed, wearing a tank top. She's sixteen, with dark, intense eyes.
JANE
I need a father who's a role model, not some horny geek-boy who's gonna spray his shorts whenever I bring a girlfriend home from school.
(snorts)
What a lame-o. Somebody really should put him out of his misery.

"What a lame-o."

No one my age would say Lame-o.
>>
>>82949220
As cheesy as that line is, it fits the character and the mood. Alot of people who hate the movie don't get the fact that the "bad ass drug dealer" is actually an abusued delusional dork that falls in love with his neighbor.

He is sort of deep. And the bag scene is in fact the crescendo of visual spectacles and feels. But creepy neighbor boy is a weirdo dork.
>>
>>82949490
oh yeah I love the line, it's just not something a real person would say.

>>82949455
really? lame-o? I said that in the 90's.
that's not even a line, it's a phrase lol. you had me all pondering for nothin
>>
>>82948991
american beauty is not a great film and you sound like a wannabe filmschool dropout.
>>
>>82949490
Yep, I knew a creepy dork like that (though he didn't sell drugs, he sold stolen shit) that was creepy but he would quote random stuff he felt was deep. At least he made sure I wasn't the weirdest kid in the school.
>>
>>82947779
pretty good movie.
>>
>>82949618
>american beauty is not a great film

lmao, what is your idea of a 'great film' my man
>>
>>82949600
>really? lame-o? I said that in the 90's.
>that's not even a line, it's a phrase lol. you had me all pondering for nothin
I know it sounds weird, at guess since it at the start it always gets my gears, since otherwise I could see myself or one of my peers saying the lines. Lame-o was out of fashion by the time I was that age.

I know, it might be autistic, but it the only thing I didn't like about the entire movie. it one of the few movies I call a 10/10.

The only people who didn't like it where the people creeped out by lester liking the high school girl, or people who where born after 1988.
>>
>>82949618
No, Im not I'm a spic who used to rob people and went to prison. I would literally put you into a coma if you spoke to the old like that in person. I didn't even start watching movies until I was in minimum security prison and at the halfway home.
>>
>>82949744
The jane "lame-o" scene was her pretending to pretend. You never did some bad acting on amateur camera? Thats the whole point. She says she wants her dad dead. Psycho dork boy hears it. Who kills her dad?
>>
>>82950005
fair enough.

10/10 movie
>>
7/10 film
Worth a watch if you want to be a 90s kid
>>
>>82949889
Not the guy you're replying to, but I feel like I got similar taste.

Check out Dredd (2012 I think),great action movie.
>>
>>82950513
I will I've heard great things about it before. Not sure why that guy thinks I'm a film school dropout, I'm a high school drop out that loves dumb action movies.
>>
>>82947779
>>82948197
>>82948230
Seriously drop dead
>>82948341
Correct

That bag sceen alone is the faggyest pseudo intelluctal emotional bullshit ive ever seen.
>>
>>82950866
Guessing you are under the age of 30?
>>
>>82950866
Its not supposed to be deep you fucking moron. Its supposed to be beautiful and expose the idiot as an idiot.

The whole movie, as a summation, is a beautiful idiot's dream.
>>
>>82951281
>>82951380
>Its not supposed to be deep you fucking moron. Its supposed to be beautiful and expose the idiot as an idiot.
>The whole movie, as a summation, is a beautiful idiot's dream.
Is that your interpretation? Or just your opinion?
Post a link showing thats what the director intended please.
>>
>>82947779
I thought it was great. Really shows how you horrible the American dream.dream can really be. Kevin Stacey deserved a best actor nod. He was great in it.
>>
>>82947779
Spicy film
>>
It's a great movie.
>>
>>82947779
I forget, she was willing to fuck the guy because of daddy issues but he didn't give into temptation right?
>>
>>82951944
He didn't because she was a virgin
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.