[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on The Other Side of Hope?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: poster01_en.jpg (108KB, 290x411px) Image search: [Google]
poster01_en.jpg
108KB, 290x411px
What are your thoughts on The Other Side of Hope?
>>
>DUDE ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST LMAO
>WE NEED TO LET IN ALL THE REFUGEES BECAUSE THEY ARE RUNNING FROM WARS CAUSE BY US LMAO
>DUDE WE NEED TO KILL THE RICH LMAO

TL;DR shit propaganda film made by a drunk millionaire who likes to pretend to be part of the proletariat

I'm ashamed that he's the most well known director of Finland.
>>
>>82944279
Is it actually propaganda? I read that it seems to deal with the 'rise of the far-right', but I was hoping it would be unbiased, and just be a good comedy.
I'm planning to see either that or My Life as a Courgette.
>>
>>82944681
I'm Finnish and I've read the interviews he did here. He went full retard claiming that the refugees dindu nuffin, that people dying in the sea is our fault, that we should take everyone here and not close our borders etc. He also said that the refugees are the solution to our future and will help make us Europeans less inbred.

I hope he dies from alcohol poisoning soon.
>>
>>82944808
>make us Europeans less inbred
I didn't realise this was a pressing issue.
>I hope he dies from alcohol poisoning soon.
Well on that note, are any of his films worth watching? I've never heard of the guy.
>>
>>82944887
>are any of his films worth watching?
Nope.
>>
steve buscemi has somewhat decent taste in film, saying he really liked cassavetes work. he said he enjoyed aki kaurismaki, but i've never seen any of kaurismaki's work.
is he really not worth checking out, politics aside?
>>
Non biased opinion here, I went in the cinema expecting an amazing movie since critics were praising it so hard but I didn't like it too much, the story is quite bland and the deadpan humour doesn't really fit in and feels mostly forced; a big example of this is the sushi restaurant scene, completely random and it gave me the impression it was there just to fill a void. But again, others liked it.
The ending too left me disappointed, it's like the director wanted to give a glimpse of hope but it felt it was cut when things were starting to become interesting.
>>
>>82944279
Recommend some Finnish kino Anon
>>
>>82945103
Have you seen all the important works of Altman, Angelopoulos, Antonioni, Ashby, Assayas, Bava, Bergman, Bertolucci, Bresson, Bunuel, Capra, Chabrol, Chaplin, Clair, Clouzot, Cocteau, Coens, Coppola, Cronenberg, Cukor, Dardennes, Davies, De Palma, De Sica, DeMille, Demme, Demy, Dreyer, Eisenstein, Fassbinder, Fellini, Fleming, Ford, Forman, Frankenheimer, Friedkin, Fuller, Gilliam, Godard, Griffith, Haneke, Hawks, Haynes, Herzog, Hitchcock, Huston, Imamura, Kazan, Keaton, Kiarostami, Kieslowski, Kitano, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Landis, Lean, Leigh, Leone, Lubitsch, Lumet, Lynch, Mackendrick, McCarey, Melville, Minnelli, Miyazaki, Mizoguchi, Murnau, Naruse, Nichols, Ophuls, Oshima, Ozu, Pasolini, Peckinpah, Polanski, Pollack, Powell & Pressburger, Preminger, Ray, Reed, Renoir, Resnais, Rivette, Roeg, Rohmer, Rossellini, Scorsese, Sirk, Stevens, Sturges x2, Tarantino, Tarkovsky, Tarr, Tati, Truffaut, Verhoeven, Vertov, Vigo, Visconti, von Sternberg, von Stroheim, von Trier, Weerasethakul, Welles, Wnder, Wiler, Woo, Wyler, Yimou and Zinnemann?

If yes, then watch their less important works, too.

After that, yeah, maybe check out Aki Cuckmäki and his more talented brother. Or maybe just watch capeshit instead.
>>
>>82945292
>Paha Maa
>Häjyt
>Levottomat
>Komisario Palmun erehdys
>Kahdeksan surmanluotia
>Jäniksen vuosi
>Äideistä parhain
>Napapiirin sankarit
>Miesten vuoro
>Musta jää
>any film made by Spede if you can find subs (and even if not)
>>
Didn't care for the refugee story, but the restaurant part was good.
>>
>>82944681
>My Life as a Courgette
Go see this in French if you get the chance
>>
File: portrait-petervonbagh (1).jpg (1MB, 2549x3196px) Image search: [Google]
portrait-petervonbagh (1).jpg
1MB, 2549x3196px
>>82945621
>including films by solar films
Disgusting desu
>>
File: valehtelija_1.jpg (53KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
valehtelija_1.jpg
53KB, 620x330px
Kauas Pilvet Karkaavat>Ota Huivista Kiinni Tatjana>Hired a Contract Killer>Boheemia Elämää
>>
Pretty interesting and I found the camera work to be quite peculiar as in we're given significant, structured frames quite often
Great attention to the sound editing too which is rare nowadays
The story itself was a nice mixture of very realistic and bizarre
The sushi scene was ridiculously funny
Finnish really doesn't sound like any other language I've ever heard
Also I'm old enough I can tolerate political opinions who diverge from mine, unlike the anons ITT it seems
>>
>>82947743
>Also I'm old enough I can tolerate political opinions who diverge from mine

So you wouldn't hold it against a film if it was /pol/ tier "gas the kikes, race war now, 1488"? Only the quality matters, right?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.