[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Criminally underrated movies How come no one talks about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Dragonheart poster.jpg (354KB, 1000x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonheart poster.jpg
354KB, 1000x1360px
ITT Criminally underrated movies

How come no one talks about this charming and fun but emotional fantasy movie? It's been one of my favorites since I was a kid and upon re watching it several times as an adult I find it holds up really well. Every time I re watch it I'm cautious that it might be shit and it's just nostalgia but I always end up really pleased and satisfied.
>>
>>82934627

We do every once in awhile and yeah it holds up really well, it's surprisingly dark looking back, not overly so but you have themes like extinction, honor, betrayal of values, and ultimately redemption.

Bowen had a hard fucking life.
>>
It's like the only good movie Dennis Quaid has ever been in.
>>
>>82934828

He was in the Right Stuff, don't be like that.
>>
>>82934721
Themes of extinction
>I AM THE LAST ONE
>do you delight in reminding me? yes, I do long for death, but fear it

Honor
>I serve the father only for the sake of the son. All my hopes rest on him. Forgive a doubting fool. Call when you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service, are yours

Betrayal of values
>THEY WERE YOUR BELIEFS
>Never, never mine
>You spoke the code from your heart!
>I only spoke them because I couldn't stomach them, and because I knew it was what you wanted to hear!

Redemption
>You will never win until Einon's evil is destroyed and to do that you must destroy me!
>You are my friend
>Then as my friend, STRIKE PLEASE

Agreed. This movie is very emotional in a real way.
>>
>>82934828
Funny enough I've never seen him in anything else, but I really enjoy his performance in this.

>A KNIGHT IS SWORN TO VALOR
>>
>>82934954
>>Then as my friend, STRIKE PLEASE

The will to live after this act has to be staggering, Bowen at the end of that movie has so much tragedy and guilt on his shoulders that lesser men would have killed themselves but he chooses to go on if not for himself but in penance to those he failed and wronged.
>>
>>82935733
It would hurt to have to do what he did, but he still had Cara, Gilbert, the townspeople, etc. to help him cope.
>>
File: dragonheart4.jpg (141KB, 977x429px) Image search: [Google]
dragonheart4.jpg
141KB, 977x429px
>>82934627
Still my favorite childhood movie. I actually watched it a few weeks ago, I cant believe the CGI for Draco is still holds up.

also until i rewatched it i didnt realize the actress who played Dizzy in starship troopers was even in it.
>>
I cri errytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_B3w186vLs
>>
>>82934828

Enemy Mine is his best movie though.
>>
>>82936193
The lighting for draco for the time was absolutely top notch
>>
>>82936148
>It would hurt to have to do what he did, but he still had Cara, Gilbert, the townspeople, etc. to help him cope.

Yeah that's true.

>>82936193

It helps that it's both CG and animatronics, even the daylight scenes look decent.
>>
>>82936193
The CGI for Draco varies really. Sometimes it's decent by 1996 standards (awful today), sometimes it's passable, sometimes it's pretty good, especially in nighttime shots and in shots where it's raining. There's one scene in the movie where Draco walks toward the camera at night when it's raining (when they're at Avalon) and he literally looks real.

Dina Meyer was good in the movie too, and hot as fuck with that fire red hair. Probably wasn't her real hair though.

>>82936236
>To the stars, Bowen. To the stars.
>>
how about a really criminally underrated movie?
>>
wanna talk about criminally underrated? Did you know theres a third one?
>>
>>82936434

Sorry man, I don't like any of those sequels/spinoffs whatever.
>>
>>82936434
I watched that once when I bought the combo dvd roughly 12 years ago. It did not leave a lasting impression. I even tried watching 3 when it came out on Netflix and didn't make it 15 minutes in.
>>
>>82936483
meant for
>>82936434
>>
>>82936483
Yes. Ben Kingsly voiced the dragon, but without the heart. see>>82936500
>>
>>82936421
that shot in the rain was pure kino
>>
File: dragonheartRT.jpg (131KB, 761x627px) Image search: [Google]
dragonheartRT.jpg
131KB, 761x627px
>>82936613
The movie had some great kino in it, like the alternate poster, which thankfully was a shot in the movie.
>>
>>82936657
damn im gonna go watch this again.
>>
>>82936434
Didnt the kid who played Francis in malcom in the middle play the protagonist in this one?
>>
>>82936749
Oh Christ he did...
>>
music was GOAT in this movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_B3w186vLs
>>
>>82936828
Best track on the score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaw9oONNF-A

The accompanying scene is wonderful and a tearjerker.
>>
>>82936799
>>82936749
Wow. I thought it was niel patrick harris this whole time.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.