[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck Ridley Scott

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 49

File: David.jpg (208KB, 941x1072px) Image search: [Google]
David.jpg
208KB, 941x1072px
Am I literally the only one who preferred the mystery of first Alien where it was just a coincidence humans happened to encounter these fucking things?

I didn't need to know they were created by an absolute madman robot who mucked about with chemical weapons made by the Space Jockeys (hurr Engineers) who also made and hate us and who really look like albino linebackers.

What was once a vast and incomprehensible universe just became a stupidly small and predictable stellar neighborhood where everyone meets or is somehow connected with everyone else.

How the FUCK did anyone think this was a good idea?
>>
>>82933768
>What was once a vast and incomprehensible universe...
...that was never the focus of those movies. Even Aliens, the fan favorite, doesn't introduce any 'lore' beside a bigger and angrier super-alien. I mean, Aliens was about rebuilding the family unit, and corporate ethics.
>>
>>82933768
I agree, but it's not like Ridley went back and changed the first movie. And you still have Aliens (fuck you it's canon, Ridley).

I'm just going to pretend none of this stupid shit exists.
>>
>>82933856
Lore is cancer in this case. Aliens may have been a favorite but it still departed from the mystery of the original. Everything since has been a fucking dumpster fire. The latest round is made worse by having Scott's official seal of canonical approval.
>>
File: neo.jpg (55KB, 905x438px) Image search: [Google]
neo.jpg
55KB, 905x438px
is this the final form of the neomorph>? or do they get larger spines?
>>
Am I the only one that likes this explanation?

Also if you liked Prometheus then you have literally no reason to thing Covenant's explanation is dumb.
>>
>>82933970
we will never know. That faggot crudup killed him
>>
>>82933946
What if all this time you've been mistaken and liked Alien for what you thought it was rather than what it really was?
>>
>>82933987
No one liked Prometheus.
>>
>>82933987
what explanation? that david created them? I still don't buy that he "created" them as much as he rediscovered them. It's like he had a ship full of brownie mix boxes without instructions and he slowly was figuring out how to make the perfect brownies. The brownies already existed before he learned how to make them.
>>
>>82934118
false, I liked it.
>>
>>82933768
>Am I literally the only one who preferred the mystery of first Alien where it was just a coincidence humans happened to encounter these fucking things?

You're definitely not alone, that's exactly how I feel. This new shit is an absolute joke, and yes we can personally ignore it, but it'll always be there, it'll always be mentioned alongside Alien. It's inextricably connected now.
>>
>americans had to wait until today to see Covenant
>>
>>82934136
I get that, I just like the idea that the xenomorphs are the ultimate organism because they were designed specifically for killing humans.
>>
>>82934118
stop being a humongous faggot I like Prometheus more than the original movies
>>
File: 1495197069432.png (90KB, 1105x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1495197069432.png
90KB, 1105x1053px
>>82933768
>Prometheus 3 will end with a horribly disfigured David climbing onto a chair and starting an emergency beacon
>He will be the space jockey from Alien 1979
>you all will defend it
>>
>>82934118
I liked it. I also have a feeling I might like Covenant more on a secondary watch, now that I know what to expect. !y feelings now are a bit mixed but I love talking about it.
>>
>>82933856
>doesn't introduce any 'lore' beside a bigger and angrier super-alien

In all fairness, it relegates what was once a totally mysterious and bizarre organism to just space bugs. That's the inherent problem of Aliens.
>>
At least the one good thing to come out of these movies is David.
>>
>>82933856
>Aliens, the fan favorite
The pleb favorite
>>
>>82934269
>a gay nazi robot
>>
>>82934237
david is a manlet how will he appear to be 15 feet tall in Alien 1979?
>ur retard
>>
>>82933856
Aliens and Alien is a case of the popular opinion being objectively wrong. Just like T2. Why are people so excited when kino gets turned into big dumb family popcorn movies.
>>
>>82933768
HAHAHAHAHAHA ALIEN ISNT ALIEN AFTER ALL TIME TO CHANGE THE TITLE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>82933768
I've never bothered with any Alien film past Alien, because turning it into an action movie seems like the most retarded thing you could possibly do.
>>
>>82934244
Exactly. That's why Aliens is the pleb favorite.
>>82934237
I can easily see this happening.
>>
>>82933768
Truth bomb

Alien is a bad movie. All tension and suspense disappears after the chestburster scene, after which it's just one badly executed jump scare after another. It coasts by on its aesthetics, without which it would be (and in fact is) just B-movie trash. The characters also one-note cardboard cut-outs who can be reduced to memes, such as Bonus Man, and Bonus Man's friend.
>>
File: 1445324241.jpg (27KB, 501x495px) Image search: [Google]
1445324241.jpg
27KB, 501x495px
>>82934343
its all going to plan brother
>>
>>82934352
Aliens is super solid action sci-fi turned into survival movie. Third one is pretty okay of you watch Fincher's original intention assembly cut and not the butchered theatrical one.
>>
>>82933768
its tailored to the US mass market were everything needs an explanation.
>>
Well, at least it's not an embarrassing quipfest. It's still dark as fuck sci-fi. It might be a betrayal but it could have been so much worse.
>>
>>82934401
But it doesnt explain shit
>>
>>82933768
XENOFAGS BTFO!!!!!
>>
File: 51660CreaturePack2.jpg (772KB, 1300x846px) Image search: [Google]
51660CreaturePack2.jpg
772KB, 1300x846px
>A-at least toys are good.
In all seriousness besides these little shits the full size toys look good
>>
>>82934380
Go back to /tv

Oh wait, you're already here, never mind.
>>
If you don't want new Alien movies to be made because it 'ruins' the old movie for you, then just don't watch them.
There's no way to keep the Alien franchise interesting with another story of humans visiting a place and getting killed by Aliens. The Xenomorphs are not scary anymore.
>>
>>82933768
I'LL DO THE FINGERING
>>
>>82934401
>It caters to US Mass market because everyone there is dumb.
>Lets release it everywhere else first
>>
>>82933768
it should have been taken away from Ripley Scott.
>>
>>82933768
i agree, the sense of mystery and unknown is what makes many stories appealing but some authors cant just leave it be and must explain it all thus rendering it bland.
>>
File: ash-alien.jpg (97KB, 1600x827px) Image search: [Google]
ash-alien.jpg
97KB, 1600x827px
>>82933768
>coincidence.
Then my rampage was for??
>>
File: 51659NeoMorph_2.jpg (707KB, 892x1300px) Image search: [Google]
51659NeoMorph_2.jpg
707KB, 892x1300px
>>
>>82934463
>>82934463
kek
>>
File: 01234.jpg (37KB, 481x604px) Image search: [Google]
01234.jpg
37KB, 481x604px
>>82934489
what an abomination
>>
>chestburster comes out and looks around
>David puts a hat on him
>it starts singing "Hello mah honey, Hello my ragtime gal" and dances out of the room

Kinda took me out of the scene to be honest
>>
>>82934489
>ridleyfags will defend this
>>
>>82934564
>the only good part desu
>>
I fucking hated the moment where it becomes Dark Seed and they just dump a few unrelated Giger drawings on you

Fuck you Ridley Scott
>>
>>82933987
Prometheus was a dumb persons smart film, god damn it was a mess. it if wasn't for the illogical science or the stupid so call "scientist".
i have a theory that all the real scientist got together and made up the whole cave wall drawing to get rid of the stupid scientist.
no scientist basis anything on faith not even ones that are religious.
also who signs up for a expedition with no knowledge off were they are going and what they are going to do there.
Prometheus was fucking stupid
>>
File: Xeno.png (1MB, 987x705px) Image search: [Google]
Xeno.png
1MB, 987x705px
>>82934489
>>
>>82933768
>What was once a vast and incomprehensible universe
It was really no such thing. For it to be a vast universe there needed to be some hints of it, some small pieces of lore here and there. There was no larger stakes in Alien. Only a ship, a murderous Alien and a crew. And it worked really well for one movie, but if you want to keep the franchise going you have to build something around it, otherwise you're just remaking the same movie.
Now you might say "Well I'd rather they left it at Alien+Aliens instead of building that lore because I hate it", which could be a valid complaint, but a subjective one.
Personally I enjoy the direction they're taking this in, although they made the details of the plot shitty and on the nose in Prometheus, but imo Covenant fixed most of the shortcomings of it.
tl;dr: You have your own reasons to dislike Covenant but not everyone has to agree with you.
>>
Yep, you're literally the only person to hold this opinion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PitTXwbhx5U&t=209s
>>
File: Tfw too smart Ridley Scott.jpg (405KB, 867x860px) Image search: [Google]
Tfw too smart Ridley Scott.jpg
405KB, 867x860px
>>82933768
Get on Ridley's level pleb.

https://variety.com/2017/film/features/ridley-scott-honored-with-hands-and-feet-ceremony-1202425184/
>>
>>82934214
>they were designed specifically for killing humans.
Alternatively, they were designed for the 1979 hit film Alien. The point of all the mysterious alien shit in Alien was that it's a dark mirror the humans. The derelict is Nostromo and the facehuggers hibernating in the eggs are the crew in their sleeping pods. Visiting the derelict is basically a vision or an awakening to the fact that the corporation is evil, and from that point onward the Nostromo becomes a dangerous, scary place that the crew feel trapped in. Kane's transformation into the alien is the idea of a 'better' worker, one without morals that blends into the ship's texture much like the jockey had become a physical extension of the derelict. The humans perceive the alien-Kane as a hostile monster because they don't like the idea of being mindless corporate drones.
>>
File: 1495211895524.jpg (6KB, 196x170px) Image search: [Google]
1495211895524.jpg
6KB, 196x170px
>>82934439
>muh aliens
>>
>>82934704
>thinking man's scary movie
That's Jacob's Ladder
>>
>>82934547
>>82934574
I don't know, I enjoyed them in the film
>>
>>82934636
sad!
>>
>>82934732
>i didnt sign up for this
>>
>>82933768
>What was once a vast and incomprehensible universe just became a stupidly small and predictable stellar neighborhood where everyone meets or is somehow connected with everyone else.

This is inevitable in any detailed mythology.

>1st season X-Files
"The truth is out there, Mr. Mulder!"

>Last season X-Files
"Lol I'm your father Mulder and I'm behind the alien invasion that will kill everyone but I still love you"
>>
File: neomorph.jpg (103KB, 1033x585px) Image search: [Google]
neomorph.jpg
103KB, 1033x585px
>>82934489
why did they give it a fukn goblin shark mouth
the prometheus concept art had it right
>>
>>82934923
because ridley is a fucking hack
>>
>>82934649
>For it to be a vast universe there needed to be some hints of it

Space Jockey ship was a pretty huge hint. It was great speculating if the eggs were cargo or weapons or experiments or something that has no equivalent human concept. It made humanity seem small and insignificant to all the weird and unknowable shit going on.
>>
Why did the pilot even let the sick man on the ship?
Why didn't she tell the others there is an alien in the other sick guy?
Why do they all trust David and give him sensitive information?
Why does nobody ask what the city is, and why there are people on an alien planet?
Why didn't christcuck just blow David's brain out when he was clearly coo-coo for the coco puffs?
Was that his mom? I mean they didnt kiss , just hug, and she looked 70
Why didn't Daniels throw the guy out when he was clearly infected? Why didn't David? He had all the embryos and a xeno on the ship just caused problems
Why didn't Daniels notice David's wounds aren't healing?
Why didn't black guy and coalburner commit mutiny when redneck risked 2000 people to save his wife?
Why did David crash the ship?
Why did Shaw record the song on the ship? Was she stupid?
How did David misremember the author of Ozymandias? Isn't he a robutt?
How were there eggs without a queen? Why wasn't there a chestburster? Why did he grow full sized in two minutes?
Why would David make eggs when the spores are a lot more effective?
How did David survive without weapons? Did he talk to the aliens? Did he talk to every single one of them?
Why did Daniels look like a fat jewish boy?

Whyyyyyyy
>>
>>82933768
Why were the whole race of engineers located in a single city on a single planet?
>>
>>82935017
>Was that his mom? I mean they didnt kiss , just hug, and she looked 70
wut?
>>
>>82935017
Half of these are legitimate questions and the other half are autism.
>>
>>82935017
>Why didn't Daniels throw the guy out when he was clearly infected?
because he wasn't clearly. He just had acid burns on his face.

and maybe she didn't know about walter's super healing.
Yes shaw was stupid
David is a robot, but him "misremembering" is to show that he's capable of being flawed, like humans
>>
>>82935017
why no helmet
>>
File: Prometheusposterfixed.jpg (113KB, 350x519px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheusposterfixed.jpg
113KB, 350x519px
If I want to rewatch Prometheus, should I watch the Agent 9 edit or the Weyland Investors edit?
>>
>>82934728
hahahaha this is a great example of overthinking something.
>>
Like most film makers, they think humans are more interesting than the monsters. The xeno and it's lifecycle is what we wanted from these films, how it came to be on the nostromo.

But in desperate attempts to do one better than fan and comic/game backstories (as well as kep pumping the franchise for sequel cash) were currently at a place where the few fragments we do know are a jumbled mess.

After Covenant, we now know that the Deacon alien and its squid mother means nothing. Its probably dead on that first planet now. Prometheus meant nothing, it was a snack stop to switch cars and pick up a macguffin of ooze.

This franchise is fucking done, and no amount of Fassbender pole smoking will save it.
>>
>>82935380
>overthinking
Only from the perspective of someone who doesn't think at all.
>>
i had to hold back like sustained, gutbusting laughter during the flute scene between walter and david. i've never seen something so fucking absurd and hilarious. scott should team up with tim and eric.
>>
>>82933768
Any stream of this shit?
>>
>>82935017
>How were there eggs without a queen?

Xenomorphs can potentially make eggs out of victims in the absence of a queen. It was a cute scene from the original 1979 film so I don't know how canon it is, but it did show the possibility being there with no queen.
>>
>>82935523
cut*
>>
File: CEv2EWTWoAEcFyo.jpg (27KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
CEv2EWTWoAEcFyo.jpg
27KB, 500x372px
>>82935455
>>
>>82935455
alien is a pretty straightforward movie, and in no way does it ever hint towards some larger allegory about corporate ethics. you can think whatever you want, but just know that you sound and look like a giant idiot.

the alien represents a scary alien
the evil corporation facilitates the scary alien getting on board the ship
the crew members represent crew members
there is no symbolism.

That's not to say it isn't one of the best films of the 20th century, but your analysis is just retarded.
>>
>>82935457
Honestly was that scene supposed to be funny? Sexual undertones have always been present in Alien so in thinking Ridley knew what he was doing.
>>
>>82933768
Aliens are best left as a natural insect species that threatens life in the universe. They don't need a convoluted back-story.

Prometheus would have been better if it was basically the same story, but wasn't hampered by cramming Aliens into the film. It was just a marketing ploy.
>>
>>82935457
I'll do the fingering
>>
>>82933768
>What was once a vast and incomprehensible universe just became a stupidly small and predictable stellar neighborhood where everyone meets or is somehow connected with everyone else.
This happens to everything and I think it's just the depressing inevitability of taking a story to its logical conclusion without having it be a different story. It's just the natural tendency of people to want to see "more" requiring that "more" to be identifiably the same. It's also the same reason why making theories about unrelated movies being set in the same universe is so fun.
>>
>>82935559
>one of the best films of the 20th century
Why is it, though? No film deserves to be called one of the best movies of a century based on vague merits like "cool monster design" or "atmosphere".
>>
File: 49474984.gif (497KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
49474984.gif
497KB, 500x240px
>contrarians who liked prometheus better than alien
>vs contrarians who liked prometheus better than this movie
>vs contrarians who just hate everything that's new
>vs aliens > alien faggots who wanted a blomkamp movie and just hate ridley scott

These fucking threads, man.
>>
>>82933768
>mystery of first Alien where it was just a coincidence humans happened to encounter these fucking things?

Literally a myth. The company deliberately rerouted the Nostromo's route to gather the specimen.
Literally a millenial myth. Most of Alien takes place in claustrophobic corridors and vents.

>>82933987
Nah. You can reasonably expect that most of those people who thought ancient aliens is a "deep" concept are also the ones making up all the "30 years of mythology" bullshit.
>>82934489
Neomorphs are literally fucking amazing. Ridley did the right thing by expanding on xenobiology while also denying the individual weakness portrayed in Aliens.
Neos and Xenos are literal killing machines now. Beautiful.
>>
>>82935457
What a manchild.
I guess you're not a thinking man.
>>
File: 1495211895524.jpg (247KB, 900x1385px) Image search: [Google]
1495211895524.jpg
247KB, 900x1385px
>>
>>82934078

David, please go.
>>
>>82935607
i can't tell. the whole movie was bad so i'm thinking more that scott is too old to care and is just trying to pad his bank account for his family before he dies.
>>
File: Giger3.jpg (146KB, 578x402px) Image search: [Google]
Giger3.jpg
146KB, 578x402px
>>82933768
Its the george lucas prequel effect, where suddenly everyone knew each other since before they were born and baby darth vader built c3p0 and all that shit.

Only somehow worse.

I think riddley scott has brain rott or something.

Either you make a spooky "boo here goes the alien" movie or you explain the origins of the xenomorphs and actually GO to the space jockey homeworld but make it some nighmareish world of hr giger biohorror.
>>
>>82936127
whats the difference between the two neomorphs in the movie?
>>
>>82935293
>Weyland Investors edit
Link?
>>
>>82934237
This is exactly what I fear is gonna happen.
>>
>>82934315
hes a robot, riddley will make it work>>82934380
>Alien is a bad movie. All tension and suspense disappears after the chestburster scene, after which it's just one badly executed jump scare after another. It coasts by on its aesthetics, without which it would be (and in fact is) just B-movie trash. The characters also one-note cardboard cut-outs who can be reduced to memes, such as Bonus Man, and Bonus Man's friend.
>>
>>82936372
I think part of the problem is that he outgrew giger. Not like in that he's better than him or whatever, but as in he's an old man now and doesn't really care about the giger aesthetic and probably even wants to separate himself from it to prove to himself that people liked alien because of his work and not giger's
>>
>>82936425

I think he's talking about this TedTalk scene.
>>
>>82934237
Nah, Ridley is going to reuse the original ending of Alien for the next movie, but with David instead.
>>
>>82934237
I expected this to happen since Prometheus and I've been okay with it since then.
>>
File: 18o69f9afc4i7jpg.jpg (21KB, 320x260px) Image search: [Google]
18o69f9afc4i7jpg.jpg
21KB, 320x260px
>>82934380
>Alien is a bad movie. All tension and suspense disappears after the chestburster scene, after which it's just one badly executed jump scare after another. It coasts by on its aesthetics, without which it would be (and in fact is) just B-movie trash. The characters also one-note cardboard cut-outs who can be reduced to memes, such as Bonus Man, and Bonus Man's friend.
It makes more sense when you realize that it's a medicore director carried by stellar art direction and photography.
Look at scott's own design for the alien for proof as to what a piece of b-movie schlok it would have been.
>>
>>82936604
Scott didn;t design that, it was the guy who designed the Nostromo.
>>
>>82934854
X-files went down the shitter hard.

The problem is when people overexplain things they dont understand.

Same thing happened with the matrix.

Oddly enough the only series where the lore wasnt the problem is terminator.
Its just that in terminator every director that isnt cameron cant do it justice.
>>
>>82936425
>>82936577

Sorry here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHUhjTo16i8
>>
>>82936604
>>82934380

If I remember correctly, the director is responsible for recruiting and utilizing talent on his crew.

So yes, Scott gets to take credit for recruiting good art directors and cinematographers and screen writers.

He's literally the executive in charge who gets the final say.

I'd rather have a hundred ridleys, ready to milk their crew for their best work, than a showboating wannabe auteur like Zack fucking Snyder.
>>
File: Giger-Image-12.jpg (173KB, 892x598px) Image search: [Google]
Giger-Image-12.jpg
173KB, 892x598px
>>82936574
That cant be the case, considering how hard he includes giger in covenant.
I think scott is just plain fucking uncreative.

Either you explain the origin of the alien and make it cosmic horror tier stomach-turning and go all the way or you just leave it be.
>>
File: 1444548700152.jpg (30KB, 542x416px) Image search: [Google]
1444548700152.jpg
30KB, 542x416px
What do you people want?
>>
>>82936725
Well so was lucas.
Scott is just fucking senile these days and he was never a very good storyteller.
I know people love to wax their pole over blade runner, but other than great visuals and atmosphere that movie is a total stinker.
>>
>>82936574
prove to himself that people liked alien because of his work and not giger's

what a fag, alien wouldnt be half of what it is today if it wasnt for gigers designs. the directing was good on alien, but it wouldnt have been shit if it was just some big green lizard type thing or some bullshit.

giger and alien go hand in hand
>>
>>82936762
a movie of shaw meeting the engineers and getting answers like prometheus implied would have been nice
>>
File: 1494036810873.jpg (8KB, 250x207px) Image search: [Google]
1494036810873.jpg
8KB, 250x207px
Wait, I am confused. Like really, really confused.

The synopsis says this:

>Walter loses hand
>David shuts Walter off
>Walter saves Daniels from David
>Walter was actually David

#1 - If Walter lost a hand, how did no one notice it was David? Can he regrow an entire god damn hand in what I presume is probably just a few hours?

#2 - If David shut off Walter, but it was actually Walter shutting off David - why would Walter attack Daniels?

#3 - Unrelated, but why did David kill Shaw? Is there any pictures I can see of it? I want to see what he did.
>>
File: H3kO0.jpg (71KB, 1029x561px) Image search: [Google]
H3kO0.jpg
71KB, 1029x561px
>>82936127
>Neos and Xenos are literal killing machines now. Beautiful.
They were before too you millennial cunt.
The first movie even spells it out for you via set design that the xenomorphs are a fucking biological weapon.
>>
File: alien-concept-cobb.jpg (22KB, 340x254px) Image search: [Google]
alien-concept-cobb.jpg
22KB, 340x254px
>>82936643
Had to look that up because cobb is usually amazing.
>>
>>82934237
But the Jockey had a chest wound, implying a buster.
>>
>>82936746
scott is such a bastard biting of a dead mans art. a dead man who didnt have anything nice to say about the alien sequels that used his art.
>>
>>82936805
he hid his hand up his sleeve and everyone believed it
>>
>>82936805
>Walter loses hand
>David pokes Walter with the flute and "shuts him off" but he regenerates
>Walter saves Daniels and fights David
>David tricks him during the fight and kills him and takes his clothes, and cuts off his own hand
>David disguised as Walter joins the crew
>>
>>82936805
>#1 - If Walter lost a hand, how did no one notice it was David? Can he regrow an entire god damn hand in what I presume is probably just a few hours?
david cuts his own hand off to match walter
>#2 - If David shut off Walter, but it was actually Walter shutting off David - why would Walter attack Daniels?
david stabs walter through the neck and assumed he had "killed" him. Walter is an improved david model that can self heal, which david didn't know. So when david attacks daniels, walter walks in and surprises him, saving daniels and allowing her to run away
>#3 - Unrelated, but why did David kill Shaw? Is there any pictures I can see of it? I want to see what he did.
he experimented on her. David hates humans and wants to destroy them. People have posted pics of her, she looks like some giger drawing. I wouldn;t know where to find it.
>>
File: 1404916339840.jpg (420KB, 752x376px) Image search: [Google]
1404916339840.jpg
420KB, 752x376px
As someone who grew up with the 90s comics. I'm kinda glad they replaced the jockes with the engineers.
>>
It's just part of the Alien re-imagining as not just a franchise but now a cinematic universe. Expect a new Alien flick every year so they don't have time to write or create something awesome like this >>82936372
>GO to the space jockey homeworld but make it some nighmareish world of hr giger biohorror.
Just find some fanfiction online and plagiarize it into an official script. Bad CG alien, 1 generic spaceship set, and shovel it out there.
>>
>>82936863
He died? Haha, he hated Prometheus, thought he had a change of heart, guess he just fucking died

Fuck this flick
>>
>>82936864

I don't believe you.

Primarily because Walter would have been missing his hand during the fight. So both would have been missing hands. Further, why the fuck would anyone let David wear the same outfit as Walter?

I haven't seen the movie by the way, but wouldn't this seem prudent? I don't get it.
>>
>>82936762
how bout some fucking answers for one?

this shit show didnt answer fuck from the last movie, nothing from the original movie and even laid out more questions that won't be touched on at all.

this crap tries to come off all "philosophical" but really its just lazy and trite.
>>
>>82936811
that's debatable. In alien and aliens they could have just been a really lethal species. They are officially now just killing machines. There's nothing about their existence beyond that.
>>
File: 3-3-2009104936AM.jpg (264KB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
3-3-2009104936AM.jpg
264KB, 1024x744px
90s comic version of prometheus/covenant comming in
>>
>>82936762
We want the alien franchise to fucking BURN
>>
Who gave the ok on the sequence on the flying crane?
That shit was awful.
>>
Why did the Christcuck character have any development at all

>im a man of faith/hes a man of faith
>...
>dies

Why even mention it if it literally means nothing?
>>
>>82936862
>implying david can't figure out how to turn his robotic life biological
>>
>>82936895
>>82936898

So no one saw the actual fucking fight?

Holy shit.
>>
>>82936413
I think one has longer dorsal spikes
>>82936811
I clearly meant that Ridley took them back and made them into killing machines again after decades of being buggified. You were probably looking for an excuse to get triggered though so I forgive you for insulting me.
>>
>>82936275
kek
>>
>>82936929
couple years back

apparently died from a fall down some stairs. kinda weird really
>>
>>82936976
To establish christcucks as beta males that need to be murdered
>>
>>82936932
david is a weaker model. One handed walter was beating him up but david got the upper hand ultimately. No one was around when david won, so david swapped clothes with dead walter, cut his hand off, and then passed himself off as walter.
>>
>>82936859
Scott once said that Cobb was a master of the human and rational aspect, like the ships and interior design, while Giger was the master of the inhuman and nightmarish.
I guess he was right.
>>
>>82936996
only two people were alive and they were busy trying to get the fuck away from xeno
>>
>>82933768
Prometheus and covenant are have Kojima tier writing
>>
File: 1495082352511.jpg (342KB, 1054x837px) Image search: [Google]
1495082352511.jpg
342KB, 1054x837px
>>82936762
>they explained too much now MUH MYSTERY is shatterd ridley is a hack!
>they didn't explain anything they set out to explain in brometheus, ridley is a hack!

when prometheus came out:
>jesus christ what a piece of shit, ridley is a hack!
when alien covenant came out:
>jesus christ what a piece of shit, prometheus was way better, why didn't they continue, ridley is a hack!

do you want the tl;dr?
4chan is full of autistic 12 year old with a bubbleboy complex, they want everything handed to them on a silver plater and it must be exactly as they invisioned it in their autistic minds. no one here can even dream of making anything better than what they see others make yet they constantly bitch, aka they're normalfags in denial.
>>
>>82936952
>that's debatable. In alien and aliens they could have just been a really lethal species.
They were sitting in a fucking bombing bay, finely lined up.
You must be mentally retarded if you need to have things spelled out for you this blunt like covenant did it.
>>
Im assuming the next movie(s) will explain how a Jockey got a hold of Davids new xenos?
>>
>>82937237
Brace your ass for david being the jockey.
>>
>>82937246
I never considered this possibility
>>
File: enough.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
>>82933768
>tfw the backstory of everything in Alien is absolutely ruined at this point
>Engineers aren't some creepy H.R. Giger bio-organic race, they're just bald tall people
>Xenomorphs are the creation of some edgelord robot

I trusted you Ridley. That's it boys. We have to put him down before he goes full Lucas
>>
So how did the second xeno hatch so fast and grow to full size? I think it was Lope's? Facehugger latched on but his buddy managed to get it off. The fuck.
>>
>>82937192
like I said, in alien and aliens, they could have just been a super lethal invasive species. The space jockey ship crash landed there and the xeno infested it. Nothing about alien ever said the xeno's were part of the ship. Aliens follows the same line, where it could have been that they lived on that planet originally.
>>
>>82933768

This is one of the most kino science fiction scene in cinema history.

The visuals of the genocide of a race was incredible.
>>
i just want more of the pseudo-corporate colonial marines being sent on clandestine errands for weyland yutani/united states corporate conglomerate.

seriously, the universe of aliens is one of the most realistic projections of the "future".
>marines are basically the military arm of the colonial industrial complex run by weyland and the US

why life
>>
>>82937290
breh, just go with it.
>>
>>82937320
probably the only cool part of the movie
>>
>>82937288
>I trusted you Ridley. That's it boys. We have to put him down before he goes full Lucas
Hes way past lucas.
>>
>>82936958
Fuck we sure dodged a fucking bullet with this.
>>
>>82937320
>>82937344
>((((THEY))))) are prepping you for white genocide
GOOD GOY
>>
>>82937305
then why are the eggs in the storage looking area being protected which obviously looks like a stassis field.
>>
Why did he forget the name of the poet?
>>
>>82933970
HOW THE FUCK
would that thing fit inside him
>>
The film was good.
>>
>>82937146
You got it.
>>
>>82937320
Why does David just want everyone but Xenomorphs dead?

I thought that scene was super cool when he talked about how he loved Prometheus chick and it looked like he was getting revenge on the Engineers for her. Now he's just robot Hitler.
>>
>>82937428
I dont know why you faggots get confused about this part

Walter says LITERALLY RIGHT AFTER HE GETS IT WRONG that when "one note is off the whole symphony is ruined" or something to that effect. He's basically saying that David is going crazy/malfunctioning.
>>
File: I must kek.jpg (63KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
I must kek.jpg
63KB, 250x323px
>>82937146
>MUH MYSTERY
kek'd, well post my friend
>>
>>82937374
Please kill yourself. Actually literally kill yourself, you are a worthless human being. I say this with 100% sincerity.

Don't reply to me with a snarky /pol/ quip. Go to your kitchen, get a knife. Go to your bathroom and run a cold bath. Get in the bath and slit your wrists, vertically. Do it. Now.
>>
>>82937374
>bunch of WHITE guys gather round
>genocided by mass of BLACK bio-bombs
oh shit you're right
that was not a coincidence
>>
>>82937398
breh, I haven't seen alien in a long time. From what I remember, nothing in Alien said
>these eggs are weapons we carry around
and it could have easily just as been
>these aliens attacked our ship, killed us all, and laid their eggs in here in their autistic insect brain lines
>>
>>82937440
I ask my wife the same, but they always find a way
>>
>>82937474
David's goal is to stop these arrogant, flawed species like the engineers and humanity from saving themselves from mortality. He calls humanity a "dying race" and tells Walter they aren't worthy of expanding and colonising new planets. It's the idea of the creation being made to be better than its own creator.
>>
File: 1425556158917.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1425556158917.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>82937440
>only 10% of posters ITT actually watched the fucking movie
>>
File: 1492051944653s.jpg (8KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1492051944653s.jpg
8KB, 250x187px
>tfw Walter still dies even after his cool hero scene
>tfw nothing in these movies is actually being accomplished other than David being a dick
>>
If David created the Engineers then how did the Predators have their eggs to infect humans with in Alien v Predator thousands of years prior?
>>
>>82937440
started off small like all the other ones.
>>
>>82937530
Does that imply that his Aliens are immortal?
>>
"I'll do the fingering."

>audience laughs hysterically
>>
>>82937440
I think you people go into the films so desperate to pick out inconsistencies and flaws, that you don't even allow yourself to actually watch them.
>>
>>82933768
Here is how we fix the alien franchise
>Make it so that the Engineer's did not made the Xenomorphs, they simlpe found a egg, found out that it's a very adaptable live form and simple made a weapon out of it
(the black goo)
>Make it so that not even the Engineer's knows where the Xenomorph homeworld is
>Have a Predator kill David
There, the franchise is fixed.
>>
>>82937428
He didn't forget, he never knew the right one at all and was convinced that Byron wrote Ozymandias. It just shows he's a hypocrite and far less perfect than he thinks.
>>
>>82937507
yes yes, GOOD GOY...denial is key.
>>
File: whatthefuckamireading.jpg (28KB, 284x290px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuckamireading.jpg
28KB, 284x290px
>>82937541
>>
>>82937541
Is there anything in the film that indicates it has been thousands of years?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>82937541
Ssshut uup
>>
>>82937541
In the old canon the engineers tried to wipe out species they didnt like with alien eggs.

In the new canon david is the architect of all your pain.
>>
>>82937541
>Alien v Predator
not canon
>>
>>82937584
for>>82937428

Although, it applies to both. The Aliens grow fast.
>>
>>82937648
Man, that film is literally Best of the Worst tier schlock. I cried with laughter when they slide down the tube at about 1000mph.
>>
>>82937568
Not sure about immortal but they certainly have more potential as a species than humans. David even runs little experiments in the movie by pitting Daniels against the black xeno on the Covenant, basically to see how far his creation has come. The aliens in Covenant are nowhere near as tough as the ones in Alien/Aliens, so I believe he keeps working on them.
>>
Could this all have been avoided if David was given a bonus?
>>
cam / telesync when?
>>
>>82937724
All he wanted was an underage boy robot

For fingering
>>
Why didn't Weyland just pour his own cup of tea?
The pot was right next to him for fucks sake.
>>
Ozymandias is one of the poem I know by heart. I recited the rest of it.

My mom was impressed.
>>
>>82937814
Dominance. David probably thought the same thing, which strokes Weyland's ego.
>>
File: 473981124.jpg (5KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
473981124.jpg
5KB, 200x192px
How many more of these movies are coming out exactly?

How many of these movies will have humans exploring new planets without helmets?
>>
>>82937814
because Weyland is a gigantic faggot who inevitably causes the end of mankind and other species.
this is the alegory of the film. this is what Elon Musk will do in your life time.
>>
>>82937855
I CLAPPED

I CLAPPED BECAUSE WATCHMEN
>>
>>82937858
he's said that he has at least 2 or 3 before he reaches back around to alien (assuming they let him do it). He's even stated that he wants to just keep pumping them out and will do 6 if he wants.
>>
>>82937858
At least two more. Maybe more beyond that. Someone needs to euthenize Ridley Scott with pillow therapy.
>>
>>82937855
It's a pretty great poem. I don't understand why some people complain that it is overused in films or TV shows. Most people these days can't recite a single line from any poem, what's so bad about picking a good poem to connect with a movie's themes.
>>
>>82937964
nah, fuck that man. I like these comfy movies. If anything the set pieces, space suits, all that shit look good.
>>
>>82937858
>How many more of these movies are coming out exactly?
Minimum 10 between now and 2027

>How many of these movies will have humans exploring new planets without helmets?
In the next one they will all be attractive 20 somethings (black male / white female) who don't wear any suits or clothing at all. For sex appeal.
>>
>>82937995
the set pieces were all fucking stupid though
>>
File: Blade Runner.jpg (191KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
Blade Runner.jpg
191KB, 825x464px
Where will this take place in the inevitable cinematic universe?
>>
How does Scott go from critically acclaimed and Oscar-winning Alien to divisive Prometheus/Covenant? What went wrong?
>>
>>82937858
the man literally said and I quote:
>I'm making as many as I fucking want lmao, I'm turning this shit into war of the worlds, but the studio doesn't know it yet
>you want more? I'll make a million, fuck you.
>>
I liked the part where the highly intelligent perfect organism tried to fight the crane arm
>>
>>82938024
Can you go 10 minutes without thinking of interracial couples? Fuck off retard.
>>
File: 25436.jpg (120KB, 656x383px) Image search: [Google]
25436.jpg
120KB, 656x383px
>>82933768

You're not the only one. Even Aliens knew not to reveal the origin or kill major characters offscreen.
>>
>>82937146
>HURRR DURR ALL OF 4CHIN IS ONE PERSON
>>
>>82938058
*stares at camera*
I robot
>>
>>82938130
It's meant to be the perfect killing organism. And David isn't done with them yet.
>>
>>82936811
>TFW only believe Alien to be canon
Feels so much better to think of it this way.
>>
was the plot predicable to anyone else immediately after David cuts his hair to look just like Walter?
>>
>>82938189
Aliens is great, stop being such a fucking faggot

You're embarrassing
>>
>>82938208
The entire plot was a predictable joke
>>
>>82936796
That was the implied INTENTION - doesn't mean that it would go her way.

It didn't the first time, so...
>>
>>82938253
I wanted so badly for it to actually be Walter at the end

Now that would have been a twist
>>
File: 1490543372443.gif (3MB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
1490543372443.gif
3MB, 320x272px
>>82938175
kek
>>
>>82938130
The Aliens aren't intelligent.
>>
>>82938238

Let them wallow in their stupidity.

On a random rewatch they will eventually realize that Aliens dindu nothin.
>>
>>82938208
I didn't see it as much of a twist. In all the Alien movies the audience knows more than the characters, it's meant to be suspenseful and tense, not shocking and outrageous.
>>
>>82938298
Have we been watching the same movie franchise?
>>
>>82938208
Only after they showed him nuking the britbongs

Until then I assumed he'll be more subtle
>>
>>82938343
Yes, not once are they demonstrated as particularly intelligent. They are killing machines, nothing more. Dogs are intelligent and even they will attack something that isn't alive.
>>
as much as were tearing this thing into the shit it actually is,

I gotta say the acting was pretty good and the visuals werent god awful. Watterson, Mcrbride and Crudup did their respective characters well. they certainly laid way too hard on the CGI for the xeno though

but the plot is just so fucking terrible Its hard to notice anything else
>>
>>82938327
It just would have been a nice twist to not do the predictable thing. All the tension in the last scene comes from not knowing if it actually was David or not and if he was gonna fuck with them.

I guess he couldn't allow an adult Xeno on the ship to probably kill him as well, so it sorta makes sense that he helped them kill it

I dunno, I wanted to like this movie but a lot of it felt really stupid and predictable
>>
>>82938399
I thought it was pretty decent foreshadowing. I think they shouldn't have had the reveal though, just leave it ambiguous.
>>
File: 54678.jpg (53KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
54678.jpg
53KB, 620x413px
>>82938400
>Yes, not once are they demonstrated as particularly intelligent.

In Aliens they cut the power intentionally to stage an ambush immediately afterwards. Later the Queen operates an elevator after seeing it used only once.

>tfw millennials think prometheus and covenant are good

Damn shame.
>>
>>82938400
>CUT THE POWER? WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY CUT THE POWER? THEY'RE FUCKING ANIMALS MAN
>Queen tries to negotiate not burning all her eggs to death with a flamethrower
>>
>>82934489
If you look at all the pics, it's really bad. Ribs? It was smooth. The mouth wasn't at all visible until it attacked, and arms were aligned more so behind the shoulders instead of in front of.
>>
>>82938420
I disagree, it's a competent film. It just isn't as good as it should be.

I always remind myself that we're in the post-transformers era and every decent film feels amazing by comparison.
>>
I hated the white aliens, they looked too fake.
>>
>>82938545
they defeated the purpose of having H.R. Giger influences in the movies at all
>>
>>82938255
yes, I get that. I would still have liked to seen a movie about her making it there and it not going her way, not a movie about other people not having it go their way and oh yeah, shaw died off screen.
>>
>>82935293
Derelict

please trust me on this
>>
Ranking from best to worst (In descending order)
Alien
Alien 3
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Resurrection
Prometheus
Aliens
>>
>>82938069
a fanbase was formed
>>
>>82938605

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>82933768
kys yourself
>>
>>82938605
(You)
>>
>>82938633
James Cameron has never made a good film.
>>
>>82938594
Seems interesting, have you seen the other edits before?
>>
>>82938454
Nu-males were a mistake
>>
>>82934636
>xeno.png
*Proto*
>>
>>82938605
Alien
Aliens
prometheus/Alien 3
Resurrection
covenant
>>
>>82938605
this can't actually be the state of /tv/ these days can it?

This is bait right?
>>
>>82934636
thats not even how it looks in the movie, the tubes on the back go way out almost sideways
>>
File: file.png (15KB, 660x91px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
15KB, 660x91px
JUST
>>
>>82936898
>Walter is an improved david model that can self heal,

Where is this stated? Because emergency override in coding to turn back on when shut off after x amount of time =/= healing
>>
>>82934136
Exactly. He didn't create wheat, either. He agricultured the shit out of what was available to him.
>>
>>82938835
Aliens is overrated trash for manbabies.
>>
so are we to assume david did those experiments on shaw while she was alive?
>>
>>82935017
>Why did the pilot even let the sick man on the ship?
legit plot hole
>Why didn't she tell the others there is an alien in the other sick guy?
because she was fighting the alien
>Why do they all trust David and give him sensitive information?
because he saved them from the neomorphs
>Why does nobody ask what the city is, and why there are people on an alien planet?
because they are relieved to be alive and are already aware of alien life on the planet due to the crashed ship, however this is a reasonable plot hole
>Why didn't christcuck just blow David's brain out when he was clearly coo-coo for the coco puffs?
legit plot hole
what the fuck are you talking about?
>Why didn't Daniels throw the guy out when he was clearly infected? Why didn't David? He had all the embryos and a xeno on the ship just caused problems
??
>Why didn't Daniels notice David's wounds aren't healing?
only David and the audience find out throughout the whole movie that Walter can heal his wounds. In other Alien movies the crews aren't even told who's an android, it's safe to assume that they aren't told anything about what they can do
>Why didn't black guy and coalburner commit mutiny when redneck risked 2000 people to save his wife?
because he's an idiot, but yes plothole
>Why did David crash the ship?
any number of reasons, if he did it intentionally then this will be explained, either that or he did it to create his perfect organism while the aliens carved up the planet
>>
>>82936762
For there to be no more Alien movies? If Prometheus was a smoking gun the size of the marlboro man billboard I don't know what is.

But now I guess we're full McDonalds 24/7. Don't miss out next year, 2 Fast 2 Alien followed by A7ien in 2019, Ali8ns in 2020, A Good Day to Alien Hard in 2021 and Prometheus Covenant: The Dolphin Years in 2022.
>>
>>82934118
I liked it. The gross out horror is really great. To me it's overrated simply because it's my best friend's favorite movie for some fucking reason.
>>
File: comedy.jpg (92KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
comedy.jpg
92KB, 360x240px
>>82934623
>>
>>82938941
>The gross out horror is really great.
Like he said, literally no one.
>>
>>82938940
you need to chill out.
>>
>>82938727
Weyland Investor's edit was made by someone who probably hated Prometheus; included most, if not, all of the deleted scenes, replaced the Fiefield scene with the CG one and omitted the final Deacon birthing scene. It honestly pissed me off a bit.

Haven't seen agent 9

Derelict was really the best of both worlds, combining the best parts of Alien and Prometheus made into a coherent almost seperate entitity which kept me engaged through most of it
>>
>>82938924
incompetence isn't a plothole unless it was establish that they weren't incompetent.
>>
>>82934622
>unrelated

One of the drawings was literally a post chest burst portrait of Elizabeth. Pretty relevant and super dark of you ask me.
>>
>>82938887
too high, it's a 4/10
>>
>>82939012
Shit I forgot Alien Gynesis where a time-travelling David goes forward to 2369 to find Ripley to then travel backwards to 2001 so they can steal Hal 9000 to plant in the Engineer homeworld so they can stop the nuclear apocalypse that will end with the creation of the Predator. And then Arnie shows up. AS THE COMMANDO!
>>
>>82935017
>Why did Shaw record the song on the ship? Was she stupid?
the recording of the engineers in Prometheus is of them running away, they have no reason to record this, so you can assume that it records at random, or everything
>How did David misremember the author of Ozymandias? Isn't he a robutt?
preumably to put walter off guard before he beat the shit out of him with a flute
>How were there eggs without a queen? Why wasn't there a chestburster? Why did he grow full sized in two minutes?
you don't see a queen, but that doesn't mean there was one, plus I'm not entirely sure of whether Ridley agrees with the lifecycle put forward in Aliens. If David wants to create the perfect organism then this can't include a dependence on a queen to lay eggs
there was we just don't see it
idk plot hole ((movie magic))
>Why would David make eggs when the spores are a lot more effective?
this one puzzled me as well because you can't really argue that the eggs are a superior organism than the spores
>How did David survive without weapons? Did he talk to the aliens? Did he talk to every single one of them?
He's a robot so the spores don't affect him, plus the spores just outright kill the Engineers in the citadel so if he stayed there the neomorphs tearing up the rest of the planet
>Why did Daniels look like a fat jewish boy?
She's an appallingly written female character, so she has to look like a tumblr/reddit bint to reflect this
>>
>>82939204
>COMMANDO!
Underrated movie. Could do with a remake.
>>
>>82933768
>Am I literally the only one
No, faggots like you are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>82939054
I completely agree with you now that I think about it because by including the Gay couple (neither of whom seem to have an important role) the crew must have been picked on experience at doing their job, so by extension the rest of the crew can't be incompetent
>>
>>82939398

>Commando
>Underrated

No, that's like saying Die Hard is underrated. Raw Deal or on a bad day Red Heat but Commando? No.
>>
>>82938941
>I like shit
>>
>>82937855
I see a lot of "my mom" comments in here.
Not sure if jokes because there were lots of 16 year old kids with their parents where I went.
>>
>>82938069
Alien didn't win that much acclaim, nor did the Oscars acknowledge it in any way. It's considered a classic now because hindsight.

Prometheus and Covenant aren't bad movies. They're just dumb in a way people fuss over these days, whereas no one cared back then why there was a harpoon on the shuttle or how Ripley drove the batmobile down three flights of stairs. Lighten up with the autism, guys. Most of you haven't even seen the movie yet.

>>82938141
Covenant hardly has any major characters. That's probably its biggest problem.

>>82938327
This is a good point.

>>82938433
Pretty sure the multiple shots of him staring at the monitor like a psycho were supposed to communicate that. Why do you think they spent so much time putting homegirl in the cryo chamber?

>>82938480
Remember though that these creatures absorb facets of their hosts. If the host is a dog (or a buffalo) the alien is going to behave more like an animal, as in Alien 3.

>>82938605
>not grouping resurrection with avp and avp2
>>
>>82939398
>Could do with a remake.

how about a big bag of go fuck yourself
>>
>>82939631
>>82938069
>Alien won the 1979 Academy Award for Visual Effects and was also nominated for Best Art Direction
>>
>>82939631
Try replying to fewer posts and keep multiple discussion going.
Not complainging about the quality however.
>>
>>82937604
>>
File: 3a0e32283a491924601ff043e5899d96.jpg (170KB, 900x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3a0e32283a491924601ff043e5899d96.jpg
170KB, 900x1024px
>>82936859
>>
>>82939631
>there was a harpoon on the shuttle
Uhhh it's an escape pod with vacuum suits dummy, so if you are doing a spacewalk outside the craft (for repairs or whatnot), and you for some reason become untethered, you have the grapple as an emergency.

even more likely is that you just hook the grapple onto a clamp on the exterior of the ship and just hold onto the thing and use it as the tether itself.

What people need to realize about the alien series is that space faring is pretty normal at this point, thus the industrial look of most of the tech. this isn't NASA, its basically DeWalt brand tools in space.

hell the orange zero-G suits they were using in covenant even looked like dewalt brand.
>>
>>82936932
>I haven't seen the movie

Oh really? Because if you had, your dumb question would've been answered, and you wouldn't be getting trolled so hard.
>>
File: grinch computer.jpg (45KB, 452x363px) Image search: [Google]
grinch computer.jpg
45KB, 452x363px
>>82938024
>2027
We're going to get to the point where the movies are still coming out yet butting up to the decades that the movies are actually set in.
>>
Anyone saying Covenant is worse than Prometheus must have a bad memory.
>>
>>82935017
They do every movie.
The other group didn't say they were bringing their own sick guy.
Their captain is an idiot and David was just a robot.
>Why does nobody ask what the city is, and why there are people on an alien planet?
They were distracted by the mortal danger, then David gave them a blanket explanation.
>Why didn't christcuck just blow David's brain out when he was clearly coo-coo for the coco puffs?
He was jewish, and also had no clue what he was doing.
>Why didn't Daniels throw the guy out when he was clearly infected?
He's not programmed to.
>Why didn't David? He had all the embryos and a xeno on the ship just caused problems
David liked causing problems.
Because he's an android.
>Why didn't black guy and coalburner commit mutiny when redneck risked 2000 people to save his wife?
Before there was some doubt about what was going on down there, now they had a real distress call.
>Why did David crash the ship?
His attack left the automatic landing system impractical.
>Why did Shaw record the song on the ship?
Probably just goofing around and the surveillance system picked it up.
>Was she stupid?
Yes.
>How did David misremember the author of Ozymandias?
He was fooling.
See Alien deleted scenes.
>Why wasn't there a chestburster?
It just got retconned. Maybe Ridley always wanted a true miniature alien and the effects originalists love were always a letdown to him.
>Why did he grow full sized in two minutes?
We never saw how long it took the original Alien to grow.
They do different things.
>How did David survive without weapons?
Stealth.
>Did he talk to the aliens?
The way you talk to your cat.
>>
FUCK THIS WHOLE THREAD. WHY DO PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IT TRY TO DISCUSS IT?

Also, Walter is probably still functional on the planet, and now that he can play the flute, he can drive the engineer ship.
>>
>>82940405
Nah, David wouldn't leave him operational if he didn't turn him to his point of view.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8fK2-p6XSQ
>the scene at 0:08 was left in the movie, unchanged from this video
just
why
I dont ccare if you made it the night before release this kind of clipping and 90s cg is unnaceptable
>>
>>82940567
I honestly thought that was the only good CGI part

it just moves so weird it actually makes it creepy
>>
>>82933856
The whole point of the the Alien was that you could not understand it.
>>
>>82940619
the back vents clip through the fucking floor nigger
and it moves without any weight at all, even though in alien it was slow and deliberate until it striked like a fuckign snake because it had to be sneaky to get the big black tail into the tight girl(male) asspussy
really just the cg for the xeno on the ship was abominable, at least when it was in the truck cabin it looked good
>>
>>82940528
He thought he killed him with that flute neck-stab that healed. Crushing his head may be the only way to be sure. But since we didn't see, I guess we'll find out in 3 or 4 years.

The derelict full of eggs on LV-426 is GOING to be explained, whether we want it to be, or not.

Unless Ridley croaks.
>>
>>82940738
It's a fucking predator in an enclosed space, there's nothing to understand if you're not projecting more than that onto it.
>>
>>82940801
Yes, but it's hunting and killing for the sake of hunting and killing. The only species we know who does that is humans but at least you can bargain with humans.
>>
Alien = Jaws in Space combined with Ridley's nightmares

Aliens = fun action movie/cash cow

Aliens 3 = failed cash cow

Alien Resurrection = Josh Whedon has no idea what the meaning is, another cash cow

AvP = fan pandering

AvP2 = cash cow

Prometheus = the mystery of our creators

Alien Covenant = The evolution of potential
>>
File: walter.jpg (38KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
walter.jpg
38KB, 500x382px
It was a lot more disappointing than Prometheus, mainly because I tricked myself into thinking that it will be different.
Predictable as fuck, terrible CGI, absolutely unlikable cast (minus Fassbender and Guy Pearce of course). So other than David and Walter scenes, the movie a shit.
>most exciting scene is two dudes brawling
>in Alien movie
Fucking wow.
And the only mystery left for me is was David lying when he was talking about Shaw? You don't do shit like that to someone you love. And you don't make a nice grave for her just to trick random strangers (too much keikaku, especially considering he is fishing in uncharted waters with a very weak bait). Plus he had a picture of her on his desk. Or maybe he just went full schizo.

>>82940405
One can only hope.
>Walter infected with queen (because fuck everything, it's alien cum I ain't gonna explain shit) crashed engineer ship on LV-426
I don't want this, I dread it, but I can see it.

>>82940528
He don't know how more advanced Walter is. And now he's got a spare arm.
>>
>>82939659
That was sarcasm. But thanks. I can sympathize.
>>
>>82940851
>it's hunting and killing for the sake of hunting and killing.
We don't know that from Alien. Ridley had an answer in mind for what it was doing with the victims being turned into eggs. On a plain viewing of the original cut it's not showing any behavior foreign to an aggressive animal.
>>
File: MURAL1.jpg (760KB, 1434x1920px) Image search: [Google]
MURAL1.jpg
760KB, 1434x1920px
>>82933768
But it wasn't coincidence. Weyland Yutani sent the Nostromo there to get infected.

Hell look at the mural from Prometheus. It shows the Engineers knew not only about the Xenomorph, but about Facehuggers too. David is only reverse engineering what they had already created. Space Jockeys created humans in their own image purely as a means of carrying the embryo implanted by facehuggers. Facehuggers are created using black goo and human female eggs. We're basically just the processing material in order to create Xenomorph.

Now, I personally much prefer Cameron's explanation and that there's an Alien Queen that lays eggs which can be used to infect any kind of lifeform. I think that is much more stream lined and believable.

That said, I get what Ridley is doing. He has the Android question his creator why he was created. It turns out he's just made to serve. So what happens when the Android's creator finds THEIR creator and asks them why they were created? We turn out to be just as disposable and we're only made as livestock to birth a completely different species altogether.
>>
File: idiot plot.png (75KB, 674x352px) Image search: [Google]
idiot plot.png
75KB, 674x352px
>>82935017
>>82940388
>why
>why
>why
>>
>>82938924
>legit plot hole

logical errors by characters caused by error aren't plotholes. A plothole would be if the cahracters said they weren't on the ship then suddenly appeared there with no explanation
>>
>>82934380
>Bonus Man, and Bonus Man's friend.

Truth
>>
File: Shame she crazy liberal.webm (2MB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
Shame she crazy liberal.webm
2MB, 1200x500px
>>82934118
I really liked it, and no, it not a perfect movie.
>>
File: 1424970023215.jpg (87KB, 689x708px) Image search: [Google]
1424970023215.jpg
87KB, 689x708px
Is he /ourguy/?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmI2z1vZeCM&feature=push-u&attr_tag=tFHA8pmN0EdwZZYW-6
>>
>>82940752
>the back vents clip through the fucking floor nigger

fuck i didnt notice that without slowing it down

is there ANYTHING redeemable about this movie ?
>>
>>82941125
>Ms. Vickers will never bully you

>Ms. Vickers will never say "my room...10 minutes" after bullying you
>>
>>82941125
I don't care what "canon" answer there is out there, if any, I'm convinced she was a synthetic. Everything in the movie points that way. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>82941225
The music is nice but it's literally half and half good shit from alien and bad shit from prometheus

reminder that hte newborn is actually a really good design and would have only been better if it actually had the vagina it was supposed to
I really want to see the french version with proper ripley and newborn incest and shit
at least they kept the tiddies on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4_-rVenLVs
>>
>>82938924
you don't even know what plot-hole is retard
>>
>>82933856
But that's literally the point. You don't know where the alien comes from, you don't know who created it, you don't know anything. It makes the universe feel big.
>>
>>82941313
A synthetic wouldn't have run in a straight a line.
>>
>>82941363
ONLY a synthetic or a cartoon coyote would've run in a straight line.
>>
>>82933768
>How the FUCK did anyone think this was a good idea?

A lot of stupid aspies love shit like that. See also Vader creating C3P0 and Harry Osborn dating Gwen Stacy. People are fucking retarded.
>>
>>82941440
Then how do you know she wasn't a cartoon coyote?
>>
>>82941053
OK wise one

so why do the Engineers want to make xenos?
>>
>>82940867
but Engineers are more interesting than Xenos and we learned almost nothing about them in Covenant (disappointment)

David is an interesting enough character to have made the film watchable, but there should have been scenes with him and Shaw to explain exactly what happened
>>
>>82937858
Well we need the movie where an Engineer that had to have survived David's genocide restores the ship from Alien 1 but gets chest bursted and crashes on LV-426. I don't know how they'll explain how the eggs got from David's jungle fortress to the ship, but i'm sure the hack will think of something.
>>
>>82937192
You mean a reused set depicting a pyramid temple away in walking distance distance from the Derelict, that got cut because the budget was strained enough without another enormous prop.

Ridley was always the one always pushing for the bioweapon and "it's just suit lol" angles. Neither O'Bannon nor Shusett intended for any of that.

Scott, who got carried by their story and Giger's and Cobb's design work, simply hijacked their work and is relentlessly pushing his fanfic tier shit upon it.

That's all there is to it.
>>
>>82937814
Because David is a tool that was created specifically to SERVE him. It's foreshadowing of how David has now that Weyland's dead assumed his father's role as a master and creator playing god by creating new artificial life of his own.
>>
>>82933768
>How the FUCK did anyone think this was a good idea?

The last movie made money despite being retarded. So they made another one, knowing retards would see it.
>>
>>82938069
>What went wrong?
His career post Thelma & Louise

No you cucks, Gladiator was shit.
>>
is it even explicably stated that David created Xenomorphs? Maybe he used engineers' technologies or something. Maybe xenomorphs existed before and then went extinct or something. I mean I get the whole evolution theme but this movie was pretty vague about details. David is also mortal but can somehow control neomorphs and xenomorphs (the newborn one copied David's movements, pretty retarded btw), and you can't exactly get this level of knowledge without getting seriously injured by ayy lmaos.
>>
>>82937192
>fucking bombing bay

There's nothing to suggest it's a bomb bay. Retconning it doesn't make it a bomb bay.
>>
>>82940087
F U C K

Y
E
A
R

Decompose was the motherfucking coolest shit.
>>
>>82941528
You know the answer will be bioweapons.

You just know.
>>
>>82935017
she was freaking out and couldn't establish what was actually wrong, all she heard was he was bleeding which is what she tells T
didn't know he was sick
he is basically seen as company property, why would they hide anything
by the time they get there all they want to do is gtfo, no one really sits down and talks about anything but leaving or their crew dying
wasnt thinking rationally, muh faith
i dont even
>Why didn't Daniels throw the guy out when he was clearly infected? Why didn't David? He had all the embryos and a xeno on the ship just caused problems
he wasnt clearly infected, and David wanted to observe his creation. he didnt have time to imprint on this one so he was curios how it would behave, the xeno seems more aggressive than he would have liked, it attacks the screen he's watching from and David is clearly bothered by it
why would David and Walter be any different
humans are silly emotional things
>Why did Shaw record the song on the ship? Was she stupid?
the ship seemed to record everything, it how they saw how it worked in Prometheus, David probably left it as a way to lure ships. she trusted David so yea she was stupid.
>How did David misremember the author of Ozymandias? Isn't he a robutt?
he's not actually perfect
>>
>>82941836
I've read somewhere about an unused Alien concept. Alien in Alien 1 movie was supposed to be a young alien in a state of rage/killing machinge. This state is natural for xenomorphs for the first few months or so, and then they evolve into very smart creatures that are capable of culture, communication etc. This concept was later ditched or not utilized enough/forgotten i dont know guys.
>>
>>82939354
>>82935017

The trouble with the spores is that it's completely random process with no control over where the infection penetrates and where it chooses to gestate into a neomorph. One had to break through a spine, the other just came out when the host puked out his insides.

The facehugger is able to seek out and directly insert the egg into a host when it or the egg detects movement close by, and the point of gestation and entrance is predetermined.
>>
>>82934489
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>82935017
David said he made them
>Why wasn't there a chestburster?
retconned
>Why did he grow full sized in two minutes?
why not
he's been evolving them, the eggs were the next step
>How did David survive without weapons?
why would he need them? neos targeted flesh, it didnt fuck up walter til he got in the way
>Did he talk to the aliens? Did he talk to every single one of them? he could mimic sounds, but i don't think full conversation was possible. not likely he interacted with every single one, but im sure he did when he could
>Why did Daniels look like a fat jewish boy?
short dark hair is the go to for these movies is it not, made the roundness of her face stand out
>Whyyyyyyy
why not
>>
>>82941670
scott straight up confirms it in interviews
>>
I got into this movie thinking it takes place after Alien/Aliens (I didn't get to see Prometheus) and liked it, but now after getting the full picture that kinda ruined the movie for me.
>>
>>82941313
I also think she a well built synth, most likely in the bladerunner "Didn't know she was one" type.
>>
>>82941504
FUCK
>>
>>82934439
what the shit?
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>82941745
They seriously need to remake this fucking cartoon so I can buy new toys.
>>
>>82941053
Why does Ridley bother making these things if they're only on screen for a split second? it's fucking poiintless
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.