[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Split

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4486.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4486.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
Holy shit so Bruce willis and Split man are all in ONE M. night Shayalamadingdong cinematic universe?

what a Twiiiiiiist
Didn't see that coming
>>
I didnt get this ending. Why was such a prestigious actor in the film for 2 seconds?
>>
Am I the only one who found this ending totally ham fisted? It kinda ruined it for me
>>
>>82925783
There was literally no point to this. Neither film had anything to do with each other whatsoever.
>>
>>82925783
>>82925792
>>82927011
>>82927124
Are you all just baiting?

Split is essentially a superhero (villain) origin story.
The character of Unbreakable is the complete antithesis of the character from Split, one cannot be harmed or broken in any way while the other thinks that only the broken have the right to live (The broken are the more evolved), a perfect arch enemy. And remember that scene in Split where he put's the flowers in the subway station for his dad that dies in the train accident? And Bruce Willis was in the same train accident in Unbreakable.
Originally, Shyamalan wanted to put the character from Split in Unbreakable, but thought it would be too much complex characters for a single film.

Yes you can view them as standalone films, but they are both made completely considering one another, it wasn't just some 30 second post credits shove in just because.
Also third film "Glass" is already announced.
>>
>>82927011
what ruined it was the description of the Beast versus what appeared, which is just a regular sized guy who could scamper up walls. he was supposed to be huge and look like a fucking beast. i was disappointed
>>
>>82925783
>didn't see that coming
I didn't see it at all, because his movie was so shit I shut it off after about 20 minutes.
>>
>>82927745
Same here. Big black hairy animal with fingers twice as long as humans...basically some sort of monster. What we got was just another personality although he was a big nutter just not a monster
>>
>>82928008
Yep. And it really seemed to undermine the doctor's research that different personalities could actually alter a person's body. It just seemed like a giant oversight. Who knows, maybe the actual beast will show up in the sequel if there is one
>>
It's not really a tweest though, a tweest is when you're led to believe something is the case when in fact something else is the case, this is just new unexpected information.
>>
>>82927803
underrated comment. fucking lolled, so true. It was the worst twist ever, I had to fucking google it and I've seen Unbreakable. I like Unbreakable too, it was just so fucking random. BRUCE WILLIS OUT OF NOWHERE.
>>
>>82927446
Tbh, I thought all that stuff was subtle enough by itself to elude to Split being an origin story in the Unbreakable universe - I'm referring specifically to the BW cameo, it just didn't fit for me
>>
>>82928008
what if he looked like the monster from The Village...
>>
>>82928267
could be a nice tie-in. what if all his movies exist in the same universe and the people in the village grew up hearing stories about people like the dude from split?
>>
>>82928137
agree, the train accident was the most obvious link (although i didnt catch on to it until the previous comment) the cameo would have been better if you saw BW in the news footage checking out the crime scene for instance

friendly reminder: elude is to escape or avoid, allude is to hint
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.