[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We R Animals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Have you heard about this project? Have you backed it?

Some Swedish movie director has decided to make his dream project through Kickstarter; a dark comedy film in the same style as Meet the Feebles or Gremlins using real puppets and only minimal CGI to enhance details.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/860572208/we-r-animals
>>
This is true kino.
>>
>>82925220
I've backed it, though mostly because I want to support movies that primarily use practical effects. They seem to have almost an over abundance of ideas, and I don't know if they'll be able to make a cohesive story with all the things they've talked about including.
>>
>>82925220
good luck to him but I hope he steers well clear of meet the feebles territory. That shit did not hold up well.
>>
>>82926438
I liked Meet the Feebles.
>>
>>82926438
How? Meet the feebles is awesome.
>>
>>82925220
This and that Dark Crystal prequel yesterday. 2018 is going to be the year of puppets.
>>
>>82926828
Who doesn't?
>>
>>82926898
Not me. JK, Awesome movie.
>>
>>82926828
I loved when I first saw it 20 years ago. I re watched it recently and didn't get a single laugh but a lot of cringes. It was creative but as far as peter jackson comedies, braindead and bad taste shit on it
>>
Jesus fucking christ are they going to use any of the old footage from 7 years back? I thought this movie came out and disappeared.
>>
>>82927068
Hard to say, but presumably no. He says that he sold the rights to a studio in 2010 but that the project got shelved because he didn't want to lose the r-rating, but that he got the rights back in 2015.

That is likely where the leaked footage originated from, so it would depend on who owns that material.
>>
kek, it must be soul crushing when you REALLY want a project to succeed and no one cares.
>>
>>82927763
>work on this for years
>very little to no animatronic puppet movies/tv around
>spend loadsemone on a kickstarter
>release it
>2 days later jim henson company and netflix drop a dark crystal trailer

suicide watch
>>
>>82925220
This shit is still coming out?
>>
>>82928726
>So in 2010 I ended up selling it to a big production company. However since I kept on wanting to do this as an r-rated film with animatronic puppets it was really hard to convince regular film financiers to invest in the project.

>I moved on to work on other projects, but in 2015 I got the rights back and I then took my own money and shot the pitch you can see at the top of this page, and thanks to that one I managed to get a small amount of money to create the conceptual teaser-trailer (which you can see above).
>>
just donated 25 bucks
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.