[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no hype for this film? Two years ago there were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 21

File: sw-the-last-jedi-tall-B.jpg (115KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
sw-the-last-jedi-tall-B.jpg
115KB, 1536x864px
Why is there no hype for this film?

Two years ago there were discussions and speculation threads for TFA every day, but nobody seems to give a shit about the fact we're getting a new Star Wars movie in 6 months.
>>
Because anytime someone does, it becomes MUH REY SUE and JAR JAR ABRAMS for 300 posts
>>
Because nobody gives a shit about the fact we're getting a new Star Wars movie in 6 months.
>>
File: Chicken Nuggets.gif (1MB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken Nuggets.gif
1MB, 250x167px
>>82913426
Wow, I never thought I'd see the day where anons complain about there being 'too few' Star Wars threads...
>>
>>82913426
two years ago we also didnt have a star wars movie every year and hadnt had one since revenge of the sith.
>>
>>82913426

TFA was the first SW film in like 15 years and it was done seemingly competent as opposed to the prequels.

now there is a SW film every year
its like getting excited about a new bourne film
>>
>>82913426
Probably because we know fuckall about it at this point.
We have a 2 minute long video which is just a montage of vague images slowly zoomed in on. Wait till the official trailers come out & this place will look as autistic as a GOT season premiere night... for months on end
>>
>>82913695
this.
its not like we had to wait another 10 years OP
>>
>>82913426
>over saturation
>new movie every year
>questionable plot choices
>15 year gap between Lucas trilogies
>SJW morality
>3 threads a day on /tv/

some of the mystique is gone
>>
File: wut ahh ok m8.webm (194KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
wut ahh ok m8.webm
194KB, 600x366px
>>82913739
>Revenge of the Sith (2005)
>15 years
>>
>>82913426
Because we know nothing about it.
>>
TFA was shit, and they're saturating the market with SW movies.
>>
File: 1492584556413.jpg (10KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1492584556413.jpg
10KB, 200x195px
>>82913802
>revenge of the clones was 30 years ago
>>
>>82913426
Are you kidding me? There is tons of hype. Every fucking week there's some faggot talking about little details. The less hype the better.

Hype culture is degenerate. You should never go around "hyping up" shit.
>>
>>82916645
there really isn't. this already doesn't feel like an "event" movie like TFA was, if you know what i mean
>>
>>82917685
It's not the first Star Wars movie in forever the way TFA was and we know nothing about it. What is there to discuss? Plus we just got another Star Wars movie. The unicorn quality of it is gone.

I get that people in this thread are probably trying to make some kind of statement on the quality but don't be disingenuous.
>>
>>82913739
>seemingly competent
>>
>>82913426
Rey's the chosen one and Luke will be insignificant. Also there's force trees.
>>
>>82917685
Who cares about the "event" all those faggots just turned around and talked shit about TFA anyway
>>
>>82913426

They're coming out too close to each other. We don't have 3-4 years of cum buildup like we did the previous episodes.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 336x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 336x364px
>>82914025
>Because we know nothing about it.
More like less than nothing.
>>
>>82913426

TFA and RO happened
>>
>>82913426
We've been having threads about this at least once a day, what else you want?
>>
Because Star Wars is creatively bankrupt and there is nothing fun to speculate about
>>
TFA didnt give us any interesting myth or lore. It was one of the creepiest, deadest movies i have ever seen
>>
File: IMG_1885.jpg (337KB, 1468x2096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1885.jpg
337KB, 1468x2096px
That last trailer killed everything for me. I couldn't believe they were literally marketing it the same way they did with TFA.

Plus it's apparent that the franchise is now a chick flick series, so there's that.
>>
>>82920369
> chick flick series, so there's that.

The merchant sells, but the goyim buys
>>
File: vagi-chlorians.jpg (372KB, 959x999px) Image search: [Google]
vagi-chlorians.jpg
372KB, 959x999px
>>82913426
>Why is there no hype for this film?
because SW is SJW now, so the series has been dropped by anyone but autists and toddlers
>>
File: star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png (1021KB, 1115x1380px) Image search: [Google]
star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png
1021KB, 1115x1380px
>>82920369
>>
>>82913426

BECAUSE TFA RUINED STAR WARS THEY KILLED HAN SOLO
>>
>>82913426
There's no hype because everyone knows that after making A Newer Hope, they're making The First Order Strikes Back. Just look at the trailer, it's obvious they're copying Empire now.
>>
>>82920483
Rey is the Chosen One now. All that stuff with Vader and Luke and Anakin's mother having a virgin birth are meaningless. We have a Force Tree now with light side girl and a dark side boy connected to it.
>>
>>82920483
>nitpicking this hard
>>
Because 2 bad Star Wars films killed any future hype.

I literally couldn't care less about Episode VIII (whereas I was hyped for Episodes II and III even though that trilogy sucked as well).
>>
>>82913426
>A fucking tree
>>
>>82913426
Because we should be pleased that 1 sequel managed to be a classic in its own right as the original. Yet, we asked for more and got drivel.
>>
>>82921322
>We have a Force Tree now with light side girl and a dark side boy connected to it.

If that's true, it pretty much seals the deal. The prequels are better. George probably did this whole thing on purpose to make them look relatively good in comparison to disneys shit fest.
>>
>>82922093
>1 sequel managed to be a classic in its own right
>classic
It wasn't the worst modern blockbuster by any means, but classic? You have poor taste anon. That entire thing was more like a decent thrill ride at an over hyped amusement park.
>>
>>82913426

Because it's sunk in that Star Wars is now on a yearly release grind and it dosen't feel special anymore.
>>
>>82913426
Because we already know it's going to suck.
>>
>>82922186
This. Also, my fears have been confirmed about the direction Disney is taking the franchise and I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same way.
>>
>>82913426
Because in the last movie, Luke didn't do a fucking thing, Han Solo died, and the only character from the original trio that actually had a real part (and managed to survive the movie) got fucked hard when the actress portraying her decided to take the long sleep.

In place of the three that we all loved, we got a comatose man, a pilot who is just too cool for school, and the galaxy's biggest Mary Sue. Yay!
>>
>>82922219

If the tree leaks are true, and at this point I'm 80% sure they are, it's going to cause a schism and generation gap for Star Wars fans that makes the prequel debates look small time. It's going change the nature of the whole series.
>>
because the second movie doesnt fucking matter, the only ones open to discussion any one cares about is before we know anything and when the end is coming
>>
Sar wars stars war star here come de dum dadum da dum de star war stairwells
>>
Rey is shit>>82913426
>>
>>82918122
>all those faggots just turned around and talked shit about TFA anyway

Maybe because it wasn't good?
>>
>>82922275
Hmm... this is actually the first I've heard of the tree thing. I just looked it up, but I'm not sure what's really at stake here. Care to share what you think it all means?
>>
File: 13.png (4MB, 1600x2196px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
4MB, 1600x2196px
>>82913426
cuz its, like, whatever

we already had the "big new one" (for the second time), and now its just "the next one"
>>
>>82922137
One of the articles on the Force Tree. The light side girl and dark side boy are supposedly part of the chosen one prophecy. And Rey is supposedly the re-incarnation of the light side girl who has to bring balence to the force.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/798309/Star-Wars-8-Kylo-Ren-The-Last-Jedi-Force-tree-Journal-of-Whills-Luke-Rey-Ahch-To
>>
>>82922369
>I just looked it up, but I'm not sure what's really at stake here. Care to share what you think it all means?

The Force now has a definitive origin, which Rey is directly tied to. Basically the Skywalker saga is now just a prelude to Rey.
>>
Easy, because TFA sucked. Probably this one will suck too.
>>
File: 1491444877700.jpg (80KB, 637x513px) Image search: [Google]
1491444877700.jpg
80KB, 637x513px
>Prequels (1999-2005)
>"HOLY SHIT, WE'RE GONNA GET TO SEE OBI-WAN AND ANAKIN WHEN THEY WERE YOUNGER!!!!"
>"WE GET TO SEE THE GALAXY BEFORE THE EMPIRE TOOK OVER!!! WE'RE GONNA GET TO SEE THE CLONE WARS!!!!"
>"FUCK YEAH, NOW WE'LL FINALLY SEE WHO ANAKIN WAS BEFORE BECOMING VADER AND WHAT MADE HIM TURN TO THE DARK SIDE!!!"
>"JESUS CHRIST ALL THESE FIGHTS AND SPACE BATTLES ARE AMAZING!!! I COULD WATCH THESE FOR HOURS!!!"
>"AWW YEAH, THEY JUST RELEASED ANOTHER GREAT STAR WARS VIDYA!!! THAT'LL TIDE ME OVER UNTIL THE NEXT FILM!!! AND LOOK AT ALL THIS MARKETING KEEPING ME HYPED UP FOR THE NEXT FILM!!!"

>Sequels (2015-The literal end of time)
>HOLY FUCK, WE'RE GETTING SEQUELS TO THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY!!! AND DISNEY IS MAKING THEM!!!"
>"AWW YEAH, THEY GOT THE ORIGINAL CAST BA-"
>"Wait, this seems familiar. Isn't this just the same plot as A New Hope?"
>"...Oh, they have a bigger death star. T-that's cool, I guess. But why should I care about these characters, again?"
>"Another trench run? A-alright, I guess. Wait, how did Rey learn to use the force within the span of 3 hours?"
>"What's that? A new Star Wars film every year? O-okay, nobody asked for this, b-but..."
>"Oh look, the trailer for Episode 8. It looks good...I guess? But why so soon? And where's my Star Wars vidya? And my expanded lore? And the marketing?"
>"...Are you fucking kidding me? AT-AT's again? Fuck this, I'm done. Maybe I'll torrent it or something..."
>>
>>82922448
I wonder how bad the salt will be when everyone learns that Luke and Anakin are nobodies who don't matter?
>>
>>82922580

It's going to become the Catholic vs Protestant, Shia vs Sunni of Star Wars fandom.
>>
Fun fact, Josh Trank came very close to directingva Boba Fett movie, and Disney made a teaser for it. Trank was also going to change Fett's race and make him black. The film would have been written by the same guy who penned the recent Fantastic Four.
>>
>>82920529
>anon took the time to write all of that on christmas day
>>
>>82922536
Jaws and Star Wars started the machine, now the machine is just faster and more efficient
>>
>Force Tree
Give me my midichlorians back.
>>
For me personally
>excited for new star wars
>TFA comes out
>disappointed so much that I never get excited for star wars movies again
same thing happened with battlefront
>>
>>82922536
>marketing

what are you talking about? There was plenty of marketing for Nissan Presents: Star Wars Rogue One

I was offended by the toy quality personally. I had alot of them as a kid when the original trilogy came out, then got more when 1-3 happened and even got those Shadow of the Empire figures. The ones now just look like ass. You cant even compare TFA figures to the originals they're so bad.
>>
>>82913426
I remember a time when previews and trailers didn't come out until a month before theatrical release, and no one gave a shit about a movie until a few weeks before it hit theaters.

Now we have faggot sycophantic fanbois like you, who salivate over a movie from the day it's production is anounced.

How's it feel being a slave to the marketing machine?
>>
Because these new Star Wars films don't even bother to try and tell a fresh story. I've no idea if kids connect with them the same way we did with the originals when we were kids. I doubt it though. They seem to exist to remind us of the original trilogy. Last one was a total rip off of a new hope and this is just going to be a beat for beat remake of Empire.

I'll watch it but I have zero enthusiasm for it.
>>
>>82922787
Very cool
>>
>past 4 star wars movies have been shit
>why is nobody hyped for the next one?
Lol. I've yet to see evidence disney can capture the magic of the original series, so far they've only done a pale imitation with bland characters bad actors and a dull script.
>>
File: StarWarsRiseOfTheJedi.jpg (401KB, 1566x652px) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsRiseOfTheJedi.jpg
401KB, 1566x652px
Among patricians? Because it's such a fucking tired, predictible, safe, soulless, merchandised, aggressively marketed, nostalgia-baiting, formulaic, pretentious insult to the OT and human intelligence that everyone with half a brainknows that it offers NOTHING new and NOTHING compelling.

Women, however, either hail it as the greatest story ever told (besides Twilight) and/or feel socially pressured into watching it because "it's an important, culturally significant film" that will solidify their nerd cred and ensure they "aren't like those OTHER girls" (and get TONS of attention/gifts from betas). And market-wise, women make the majority of purchase decisions for pretty much everything, from groceries to medical care and automobiles. Women are basically the sole decider of what children will watch, and have tremendous influence over men.

So TLJ will make $800million global easily, and countless more through merchandising; cheap plastic toys, toilet paper, toothpaste, vidya gams, soda, potato chips, clothing, costumes, comic books, novels, consumer electronics, credit cards, high-interest loans- not a goddamn thing is left untouched.

And this works. You know it works. Disney knows it works. Why would anyone ever take a risk or try to make a movie that holds up on its own without relying on its lineage for automatic quality assurance when you can CTRL-C/CTRL-V Empire, Find&Replace a few keywords and bomb instant fame and fortune?

Women will watch it, their boyfriends/husbands will watch it, their children will watch it, and diehard fanboys will watch it. They'll all spend $100's, $1000s, $10,000s etc on merchandise, always preferring the product that has Chewbacca's face slapped on the label.

Disney's got an oil well and have no intention of abandoning it.
>>
>>82920529
well..I mean...he's not wrong.
>>
People have started to turn on TFW. It's not prequel bad, but its something almost worse. It's just there, unremarkable, unmemorable.

The movie will do 1.5 billion dollars just because it's a touch stone in our culture, but how can you be excited when you know it's never going to end.

What did TFW even set up? What do we have to look forward too? Luke training Rey? To do what? Beat up a guy she already beat up? To fight some hologram we know nothing about?

I
>>
because episode VII was bad and left us with nothing to talk about. The trailers have also given us nothing to talk about.
>>
The prequels were kino
>>
>>82913426
the new characters are lame
>>
>>82922536
thats comfy as fuck desu
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>82913426
>>
>>82917984
>Plus we just got another Star Wars movie. The unicorn quality of it is gone.
Fucking this.
Disney fucked up with releasing a new star wars movie every year to sate their incessant greed.
Part of the magic of star wars was waiting 2 years for a new movie to come out.
>>
TFA was just such a let down.

We all thought we were going to get something new and a good continuation of what happened after the end of OT.

But we got a fucking rehash. And now we everyone sees the new trilogy for what it is.

Nostalgia bait.
>>
>>82913426
Because it's a franchise for literal 12 year olds you dull cunt. Go back to /co/mblr or reddit
>>
Because people have seen Force Awakens. It was supposed to be a sequel but it turned out to be a reboot with a feminist lead who can do aaaaaaaaaanything, a mumbling idiot sidekick who was instructed by JJ Abrams to "just be black", full of plot holes and inconsistencies although it ripped the OT story.
Who is hyped for a dumbed down version of ESB with shit charcaters and shit actors?
>>
>>82924020
2 years was a minimum.
When Bob Iger bought Lucasfilm, he said to George there will be a Star Wars movie every 2 to 3 years. Once George gave away his babies, Bob Iger said they will make a SW every fucking year FOREVER
>>
>>82913426
There wasn't a lot of discussion about TFA until November 2015 at the earliest, the big trailer is what kicked it off. There will be such a trailer for TLJ around the same time. Expect the threads to start firing off then.
>>
>>82913426

After TFA you'd have to be an absolute retard to have hype.
>>
because they already fucked up the plot of entire trilogy with tfa

i don't give a shit anymore, the only movie with star wars slapped on it it's watch now would be obi wan stand alone
>>
>>82924902
>they will make a SW every fucking year FOREVER

Only as long as it makes money. Which may be a long time.. or not.

Marvel is milking capeshit but they have different spins on all their movies. From gritty "realistic" with Cap and Iron Man, to outright fantasy magic Thor and Dr Strange. And fun sci fi adventure buddy movie with Guardians. A bit of everything.

Star Wars is just doing the same shit over and over. It's an entire galaxy of stories and all they're doing is going over the same little plot of shit we've seen.

Why does it have to be about the Skywalkers? Why does there have to be a Yoda and Han prequel movie? Go back to the jedi founding or do a Sith story or smuggler movie.. there was so much potential stories to tell.
>>
Cause 7 wound up not really being anything special and everyone has learned to expect the same from 8.
>>
>>82925510
I want a Sheev prequel
>>
>>82923207
I think the plan is that they're going to do them annually until IX, and then mothball the series for another decade or so. At least the main episodes, anyway.
>>
>>82925654
Apparently they still have no idea whether they want to continue the main series at all after IX, I can't remember where but they said they liked the idea of sticking to the nine-part saga plan. My guess is they'll take a break after these six and then just do a spinoff every 2/3 years, maybe a spinoff trilogy or something.
>>
>>82913426
Because TFA was atrociously bad.
>>
>>82913426
Because nobody gives a shit about star wars anymore. The only people still obsessed about it are the newcomers who latched on and the really obsessive nerds who have nothing else in their lives.
>>
>>82920483
Being SJW is one of the least of TFA's problems, and only /pol/-tier dunces focus on that aspect of it as if it was the main problem with the film. Even if you removed every single SJW aspect of TFA, it would still be a shit movie. The screenplay sucks. The pacing sucks. The acting sucks. The editing sucks.
>>
>>82913426
because they refuse to show anything of it

maybe that will change when the release gets closer
>>
File: 1481647996444s.jpg (2KB, 115x125px) Image search: [Google]
1481647996444s.jpg
2KB, 115x125px
>>82922406
>1600x2196
>3.97 MB
>>
File: a00001.jpg (5KB, 188x224px) Image search: [Google]
a00001.jpg
5KB, 188x224px
>>82913426
>no young and handsome guys in main cast
>instead we get tranny mary sue, ugly guy and maybe-handsome-when-younger-but-now-not-handsome-anymore

not interested
>>
>>82925654
>>82926085

They changed their minds after Rogue one made only half the overall gross of TFA. It was still over a billion, but you know...
>>
>>82922536
You're almost making it seem like you think the prequels don't suck. But they do. The only thing they do better than TFA is that they're a bit more original and that they suck in a funny way rather than a boring way. But the undisputable fact is that both the prequels and the new movies suck.
>>
>>82923599
>The prequels were kino
You've gotta be kiddin me...
>>
>>82913426
Because Han is dead but Harrison ford is still alive. Leia is alive but Carrie Fisher is dead. Everything is all fucked up.
>>
>>82913426
Because the last two were bland shits you goddamn retard holy shit.
>>
>>82922892
most people I know who watched were men. Why do you think its mainly aimed at women? Because of rey? Other movies have female leads to, like Alien.
>>
File: yoda.jpg (50KB, 757x426px) Image search: [Google]
yoda.jpg
50KB, 757x426px
Whenever I hear about a new Star Wars project, I just get a dull feeling of loathing and regret. In the past it would have made me angry but I feel so divorced from the entire thing at this point that it's hard to get worked up anymore, even negatively.
>>
>>82913426
Because people finally realised Star Wars is overhyped garbage. At least the Disney films were.
Also, why would you even care about a character like Rey?
>>
>>82916645
Nobody is talking about the movie though.

Retarded assholes with their stupid "jar jar is snoke" theories is not talking about this movie.
>>
>>82920483
Someone was mad enough to make this image
>>
>>82924873
How the fuck is rey a feminist? Gender is literally never touched in this movie.
>>
>>82926502
>Also, why would you even care about a character like Rey?
....I wana fug her
>>
>>82922536
I collected all those cans and put them in my closet, and after a year they started leaking all over and turning the floor green.
>>
>>82926265
this 2bh. Its just a bad movie without inspiration
>>
>>82926543
You should feel ashamed of yourself. She isn't even cute.
>>
>>82926579
i know....
>>
File: 1475388865158.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475388865158.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
>>82913426
Every single person bitching and complaining about star wars is going to see this movie.

If you had no interest in the movie, you would just skip over the thread like you would a star trek thread. Plus peer pressure of missing out on memes will ensure that you see it.
>>
>>82926535
Yeah, and it doesn't touch on race either, does it? Uh huh.
>>
>>82921322
>light side girl and a dark side boy connected to it.
But it's obvious Kylo isn't entirely in the dark side, and by now the only direction his character will take is that of returning to the light with Rey's help. Reylo or not, is going to happen.
>>
File: R2D2-x640.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
R2D2-x640.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
Beep bleep Boop peep REEEEEEEEEEEE!

Was he autistic?
>>
Star Wars Fandom is slowly imploding and young people dont care for it and neither does China (at least not as much as Disney hoped)
>>
>>82926607
I will see it so that at least I can talk shit about it. But will I see it in the theater? I saw TFA in the theater, but at the moment I don't think I'll see TLJ in the theater.
>>
>>82926499
Killing off the EU and trying to reinvent the Lore is whats killing it.

Its obvious that Disney didnt know how to tackle Star Wars and that Lucas selling it came out of nowhere
>>
>>82913426

Have you seen the last 5 ones?
>>
File: 1489816026710.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
1489816026710.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
FUCK YOU DISNEY FUCK YOU MAY EARTHQUAKES, FLOODS, PLAGUES AND ZOMBIE SQUIRRELS INFEST DISNEYLAND, DISNEYWORLD AND ALL OTHER DISNEYDRECK YOU OWN FUCK YOU DISNEY FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>82913426
>nobody seems to give a shit about the fact we're getting a new Star Wars movie in 6 months.
Because i dont, i gave the first one (TFA) a chance, but quickly saw what Disney Wars was going to be, and i got out completly, not even seen Rogue One, im just going to ignore Star Wars from this point on
>>
File: tfw sand.jpg (31KB, 509x625px) Image search: [Google]
tfw sand.jpg
31KB, 509x625px
>>82926398
In my opinion, laughing about the sand hate speech and the bad dialogue made the prequels more worthy of a watch than TFA. Simply because they can be so-bad-its-good kind of bad, you can laugh at them if you watch it without taking it seriously.

TFA is just plain bad and boring. I can't think of a single time I thought "well, this may be bad but I still can have fun" while watching it. I laughed 10 more times about the whole "I am haunted by the kiss you should have never given me, my heart is beating hoping that that kiss won't become a scar" of Anakin than any of the comedic scenes with Finn in TFA.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C14VUvZGx4Y

THE LAST JEDI!!!

HYPE!!!

>it's time to Jedi TO END !!!
>>
>>82913426
There is plenty of hype for Episode VIII. But we know few details so there's little to conjecture about.

See, here's the thing about the Disney material. They did a good job REHASHING the old plots with new characters and modern cinematic techniques..... but eventually they're going to have to tread new ground with new worlds and lorebuilding and that's far more difficult than just reskinning A New Hope or Empire with new characters.

Say what you will about the prequels they were phenomenal about adding new lore and world building. Something Disney has yet to do.

And when they do, I suspect it will fall flat. If that shit about the Force Tree siblings is true, it will be received worse than the fucking midichlorians.

I don't know how Disney will do with Star Wars because their first 2 movies were basically reboots rather than new episodes. When they start making some new fresh content, we will know.... it probably will be episode 8....
>>
>>82926878
I actually think with better actor choices for both kid and teenage Anakin, it could be a perfectly good-ish triology.

Though all the prequel love scenes need a rewrite too. You can blame those scenes on bad acting, but really they weren't given much to work with. That dialogue would be clunky and awkward in Daniel Day Lewis's hands.

I suspect George Lucas never had many women before Star Wars and after they threw themselves at him, so he never really understood how lovers typically talk. That's the only way you can explain love scenes that poorly written..... and a lot of that same shit dialogue was even in the originals between Han and Leia, but Harrison Ford has such a larger-than-life swagger that he can still pull of corny dialogue with a lot of charm. Half the shit Han or Indiana Jones says would be a groaner when said by anyone else.
>>
>>82926981
phantom edit has proven that episode one was not beyond repair
>>
File: 892748935.jpg (29KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
892748935.jpg
29KB, 550x412px
>>82926903
I think the idea with the new trilogy was first of all: pander to the politically correct.

Female lead, interracial romance (they were smart enough to take it back because Rey and Finn had absolutely no chemistry, but you can still see it was the original idea) and a more diverse cast.

It's obvious they aren't putting any effort into world building or characterization. They put so much effort into making Rey a Strong Female Character that she not only makes the movie boring and uncompelling, but also makes everyone else look idiotic by comparison to make herself look better.

They tried to do the whole diversity thing with Finn, and it was working perfectly fine the first minutes of the movie, specially when he was with Poe. Then he meets Rey and is automatically degraded to incompetent sidekick because clearly, the only way a female protagonist can be strong is by making all the other male characters incompetent in comparison.

Most of TFA's problems stems in that it's unoriginal, forcing the whole Finn/Rey for the sake of diversity, and Rey being a mary sue. They were wise enough to drop Finn/Rey now but whether they'll finally have the balls to make something original and, at the same time, consistent with the previous episodes, and properly develop Rey... we'll have to wait and see.

But so far? Nope. Nothing good.
>>
>>82925647
>ywn watch a House of Cards series following sheev
>>
>>82913426
Because the trailer was boring, neither of the two previous movies did anything except ride the coattails of the original trilogy and sci-fi is making a comeback so there's not a shortage of original kino to watch.
>>
>>82920483
what they did to Luke was unforgivable. Essentially they said he's just a pussy fuck that ran away to hide on some rock, failed at reviving the jedi and failed to bring balance back to the force.
>>
>>82926892
This shit is so embarrassing to watch.
>>
File: goldyodadpepsifb.jpg (14KB, 225x206px) Image search: [Google]
goldyodadpepsifb.jpg
14KB, 225x206px
>>82922536
muh nostalgia
>>
>>82913426
We know exactly what to expect of the next one.
>>
>>82913426
Because Disney and JJ are creatively and morally bankrupt. People are now expecting yearly rehashes of 'le nerdy movie' shit, instead of epic movies.
>>
>>82920483
>because SW is SJW now, so the series has been dropped by anyone but autists and toddlers
This can also apply to capeshit, especially Marvel.
>>
>>82913426
Because Star Wars is mainstream again and contrarians need a new film series to autistically nit pick to death
>>
>>82913426
Is just that Disney hasn't rev up the Stealth Marketing Dep. yet.
Wait for September and half of the catalog will be full of shitty SW threads.
>>
>>82926398
the prequels sucked but at least the lore around didn't.
The clone wars was great. All the jedi and the siths shit, etc.
And every one wanted to know how the empire will happen, and who the emperor is, and how anakin will become darth vader, etc.
>>
Before TFA was released some poor naive souls actually had hopes that it might be a good film. Now that childish optimism is dead
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.