[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: Capture.png (196KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
196KB, 500x323px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGzVYyV_Jsg

Predictions?
>>
prequel series will have young augra and she will, like the movie have half exposed breasts with giant protruding nipples
>>
File: 1494717168559.jpg (17KB, 416x308px) Image search: [Google]
1494717168559.jpg
17KB, 416x308px
>>82908292
>>
Netflix remakes/reboots of nostalgia crap is ALWAYS bad.
>>
>>82908570

you like what you see?
>>
The subtitle is terrible, but I'm all for it if they use actual puppets.
>>
File: no sir I don't like it.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
no sir I don't like it.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>82908768
>>
>>82908768
she looks like if my mother and my cat went into the seth brundle machine
>>
Never expected this to happen, damn
>>
that CGI looked awful
>>
damn, i had a crush on the female gelfling

cant wait to see if they pull it off. it's supposed to be dark, gritty, kind of surreal, fun, and anti-CGI
>>
>>82909594
that's no cgi
>>
>>82908236
Wait I thought it was supposed to be a movie set after the original?
>>
Apparently it will only be 10 episodes, so not holding too much hope. I predict that again, the Skeksis will probably be more interesting than most of the other characters.
>>
File: TheDarkCrystal-SkeksisRivalry.jpg (703KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
TheDarkCrystal-SkeksisRivalry.jpg
703KB, 1920x816px
well i loved the original dark crystal, if they go practical itll probably be good
>>
>>82909755
its a prequel so the skeksis are probably not in it
>>
File: HowardtheDuck.jpg (156KB, 900x484px) Image search: [Google]
HowardtheDuck.jpg
156KB, 900x484px
we are living 80's revival boys. Hopefully it won't be too forced. Enjoy the age of new kinowave. What will they revive next?
>>
>>82909858
Anon, did you even watch the trailer?
>>
>>82909858
There's a Skesis in the trailer
also
>he Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance returns to the world of Thra with an all new adventure. When three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis' power, they set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.
>>
>>82909926
that was all footage of an old making of documentary from the dvd special features. did you not realize JIM HENSON IS DEAD???
>>
>>82909858

The Skeksis were not evil in their youth. They have decayed and corroded themselves for over a thousand years.
>>
>>82909995
Watch it again, because you very clearly missed something
>>
>>82909916
Howard the Duck was in both Guardians of the Galaxy movies
>>
>>82910151
Haven't watched GotG v.2 yet. But yeah that just proves my point that they will make a Netflix series with him hopefully.
>>
>>82910012
Skesis were always evil. Just not as corrupt. Given that they were the negative and power hungry halves of the urSkeks divided during the previous Great Conjunction.
>>
>>82911676
Were they evil? I always assumed they were just incredibly hedonistic and carefree to a wild degree.
>>
>>82911807
You need to go deeper into the crystal lore.
>>
Yeah I just seen this on Reddit OP you are slow.

Go post in some cunny thread or something.
>>
>>82912241
Yeah I definitely should. I've only ever gone as far to read up on the characters in all the side stories.
>>
>>82912241
>that theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPdowP_aBXY
>>
>>82908236
Didn't Jim create the puppets for TMNT?
>>
>>82908236
>age of resistance
What're the chances the villain's going to be an orange dude and a black muslim's going to save the day the world?
>>
"Age of Resistance"?

Dammit, The Dark Crystal isn't supposed to be some political story of like some "good" rebellion vs the empire or whatever.

It was more about a holistic New Age idea that the problem is in the binary opposition itself, which is resolved at the end when the complementary aspects are reunited. It was more of an Alchemy parable.
>>
>>82913790
humans are nonexistence in the universe m8
>>
>>82914031
>black muslim
>human
m8
>>
>>82914108
/pol/ please keep it down
>>
>>82908236
Is this real? Netflix really is the place for second chances.
>>
>>82912241
I only watched the Dark Crystal as a kid.

I would like to know, Lord Anon, please direct me to the treasure trove of forgotten lore of this franchise.
>>
File: Legend of the Dark Crystal.jpg (248KB, 1044x773px) Image search: [Google]
Legend of the Dark Crystal.jpg
248KB, 1044x773px
>>82913946
Gelflings didn't go down without a fight, that's what half of the prequel spinoff material has been about.
>>
>>82915240
>gelfling girls get wings but boys don't
Even as a kid, I thought that was bullshit.
>>
>>82908236
Seems a shame the announce this after they lose the original from the service.
>>
File: DarkCrystalTimeline.png (348KB, 736x631px) Image search: [Google]
DarkCrystalTimeline.png
348KB, 736x631px
>>82915132
Henson actually put up their own comprehensive Dark Crystal site as a resource for writers for a contest they held to find a writer for a new novel series

http://www.darkcrystal.com/encyclopedia.php

Creation Myths is a trilogy focusing on the origins of Aughra, the UrSkeks, and the Great Conjunction that cracked the Crystal.

Legends is a two-part Manga series focused on the Garthim raids and how a Gelfling shepherd helped a village organize a successful defense and rescue.

Power is a comic series based on the unfilmed sequel that Genndy Tartakovsky was going to direct back in the day and is currently running. Set about a century later with Jen and Kira having rebuilt Gelfling society with more survivors, it focuses on a fire girl that seeks a piece of the Dark Crystal to heal a world inside Thra's core only to split the UrSkeks up again.
>>
>>82914672
>the truth is /pol/

i guess im from /pol/ because i dont think there is 21345 different genders and pronouns you fucking kike
>>
>>82913790
Christ, /pol/beards are so perpetually triggered it's pathetic
>>
>the age of resistance

... is that when they start realizing all the other kid's daddies don't love the way you do?
>>
>>82916658
Do you have something you need to get off your chest?
>>
File: enc_skeksil_rightcolumn.jpg (73KB, 280x391px) Image search: [Google]
enc_skeksil_rightcolumn.jpg
73KB, 280x391px
>>82908236
>HMMMMMMS your path
>>
>>82917405
QUIT YOUR WHINING
>>
>>82916712
I quite like whats regularly resting on my chest.
>>
>>82908236
Will they speak in english or speak in that fantasy language that they had to remove in the final cut?
>>
>>82908236
>star wars ripoff
>>
>>82917972
>star wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFrHOCwrMYQ
>>
>>82915410

Yeah, I thought it was gay. I wanted the guys to get some kind of cool tradeoff for not having wings.

But I guess they are like bugs or something.
>>
>>82908236
Chamberlain will be best character AGAIN.
>>
The Dark Crystal really had a weird aesthetic, very unique.

I think it should be appreciated more as a notable weird fiction world. Obvoiusly very much drawn from Brian and Wendy Froud's art, which actually does connect it to weird fiction because Lovecraft based his work and its eerie vibe largely on the influence of Arthur Machen, whose stories were Wyrd in the occult sense and often about faeries or the creepy quality Froud's has and all the old stories described.
>>
>>82920404
faeries *of that creepy quality that Froud's faeries had and old faerie stories described
>>
>>82918856
i don't get it
>>
>>82909916

Name an 80s franchise that has been sequelled, prequelled, remade or rebooted that wasnt shit。
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.