[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trailer-only scenes, why is this allowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: trailer scene not in the movie.jpg (17KB, 528x464px) Image search: [Google]
trailer scene not in the movie.jpg
17KB, 528x464px
Why is it okay that trailers show scenes that aren't even in the movie? What's the point of watching trailers if they show stuff that was just made up for the trailer?
Isn't it fake advertising? Isn't the trailer supposed to show pieces of scenes that make you want to watch the whole movie to see what the context is or what happens right afterwards?
I don't mean "teaser" trailers of course but the ones that come out around the time of the movie's release and still have scenes that appear to be in the movie but aren't.
>>
>>82902906
Yeah I agree. I work in the trailer business and I have some insider info on exactly how this happens:

BRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPTPTPTPTFFFFFFF PRRRRRRRRRRRTPRPPRPTPT BBBBRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP BRAAAAAAAAPPPP
>>
Isnt that the question of the day
>>
>>82902906

Trailers are cut by different editors, typically at different editing houses, than the finished movie, and generally don't know what scenes will be in the final cut as they're working off a work print/rough cut. The scenes weren't "just made up for the trailer", they were simply excised from the movie as it was put together.
>>
>>82902906
>2017
>Still watching trailers of movies you are going to watch
Everyone knows you should watch trailers of flicks you don't plan watching ever, so you can form an opinion and hate it without even watching it
>>
File: IMG_9119.jpg (78KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9119.jpg
78KB, 500x627px
>Directors who cut their own trailers
>>
>>82903316
not op, I know that, but why do they do that? can't be that expensive to not do that, saving money with the production of trailers and posters is okay, I guess. hollywood accounting or whatever those retards are doing.
>>
>>82903385
And that's exactly what I do. But I watch the trailers after I've seen the movie, out of curiosity, and stuff like these made-for-the-trailer scenes upsets me.
I don't watch trailers of movies I plan to see before I see them.
>>
>>82903316
Unless, of course, you're talking about Rogue One.

Much as I enjoyed it that pissed me off. Would have loved to see the scale of an AT-AT in it's full and mortifying glory.
>>
>>82904682
Yeah I was thinking about Rogue One.
>>
>>82902906
All trailers are just advertising hoping to get butts into the theatre no matter what. Even if it means spoiling the movie, showing every interesting scene, or flat out lying, if you pay to see it than it did its job.
>>
>>82903438
Because trailers have to be made to coincide with release with movies under the same studio or major event. So they give scenes out to the marketing team (director with high enough clout can choose to limit which scenes are given) who will find a trailer making company to whip something up. It frees up the actual production team to continue on filming and post-production.
>>
>>82902906
In one word - Jews.
>>
>>82902906
Some directors hate this too. Robert Rodriguez says in the commentary for From Dusk Till Dawn that he reinserted a line that was in all the trailers just because it annoys him when that happens.
>>
>>82902985
Holy shit, that's so strange... But why?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.