[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Rian Johnson mean by this The Last Jedi poster?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

What did Rian Johnson mean by this The Last Jedi poster?
>>
great question to be sent to Collider MailBag
>>
daily reminder that "jedi" in "last jedi" is plural, as confirmed in the posters from other languages
>>
>>82899418
I wish I could tell you anon but it's a secret! You will be AMAZED by the huge REVEAL that will come SOON! When THE LAST JEDI is released STAR WARS will NEVER be the SAME again!!!
>>
>>82899418
Why couldn't that make Kylo's head as large as Luke's? I hate this whole asymmetrical thing.
>>
>>82899527
Most likely something to do with
>muh cheap symbolism
>>
File: StarWars-actors.png (960KB, 632x1764px) Image search: [Google]
StarWars-actors.png
960KB, 632x1764px
>>82899418
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
File: Pickle Rick.jpg (71KB, 1948x976px) Image search: [Google]
Pickle Rick.jpg
71KB, 1948x976px
>>82899496
>huge REVEAL
>>
>>82899473
No, it's singular and referring to Luke. As confirmed by Rian Johnson himself.
>>
>>82899527
The villain is usually the biggest figure on the poster.
>>
>>82899896
It literally says "Пocлeдниe Джeдaи" on the russian poster
>>
>>82900100
That's incorrect translation, then. According to the literal director of the movie, who would know.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/17/star-wars-filmmaker-rian-johnson-says-the-last-jedi-is-singular-and-refers-to-luke-skywalker
>>
>>82900233
The studio double checks everything, Star Wars is too important to make mistakes like that.
>>
>>82900309
What part of the actual director of the movie saying it's singular do you not understand? There isn't an argument here. I think someone even asked him about the other translations and he said they must have gotten it wrong.
>>
>>82900413
Regardless of what the director is saying, it literally mentions plural jedi on the poster of every language where it can be specified.
>>
>>82900451
I believe the director over translations. As would most sane people. He wrote the movie with the idea that it's singular.
>>
>>82899418
It means Kylo isn't going to be presented as evil and Luke is an antagonist to some degree. And that part of Rey's purpose will be mending the rift between them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.