[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Predator thought exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Contra.jpg (294KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Contra.jpg
294KB, 1000x1500px
Was there a predator? How did Dutch's team really die? The movie goes to great lenghts to suggest that there was no alien at all.
>>
Are you literally retarded?

Delete this shit.
>>
>>82898615
I have a point
>>
File: 1410828758654.jpg (208KB, 795x801px) Image search: [Google]
1410828758654.jpg
208KB, 795x801px
>>82898361
Shit meme you're trying to start. I suggest we bring back a classic instead.
>>
>>82898666
no you do not
>>
somehow they got DMT from some south american plant into their systems and then hallucinated the whole ordeal while the girl picked them off one by one.
>>
File: 1478295920.jpg (169KB, 742x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1478295920.jpg
169KB, 742x1050px
>>82898361
they were just trying to cover their asses because they got beat by a girl
>>
The movie goes to no lengths to actually show the alien does exist.

You can tell by the bit where you see it and it does stuff in plain view.

Worst meme of 2017
>>
>>82898615
Anon, my reasoning is simple: the movie repeatedly makes it ambiguous whether there really was an outsider hunting them or not. The predator spends most of the movie invisible or simply out of frame, and when it finally reveals itself to Arnold, Arnold becomes invisible and starts acting like the predator. No one ever sees the predator kill one of the squad members, except for Anna who gives a bullshit testimony about demons because one of the people standing next to her is the real killer. The only other time a death has witnesses is when Hawkins is killed by a log trap. At the end of the movie no material evidence of the predator remains.
>>
>>82898361
So what everyone collectively imagined a nuke at the end?
>>
>>82898361
>How did Dutch's team really die?
THEY WERE TAKEN BY THE JUNGLE.
LA SELVA SE LOS LLEVĂ“
>>
What's with the daily Predator threads? Is that some studio gathering information for a remake/reboot?
>>
>>82898867
How do you explain the enormous explosion at the end?
>>
>>82898854
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsFYPVxHKdc
If it was a female, she came from this alpha-male power.
>>
>>82898901
>>82898977
I don't deny that there is an explosion, it's observed by multiple characters. But Arnold is the only one who sees the predator cause it. Explosives aren't alien technology.
>>
Jesus Christ what a shit thread

If OP had postulated that there was no giant rat monster in Split Second, and Rutger Hauer was actually the killer, then there could've been a worthwhile discussion. - except nobody has seen Split Second, unfortunately
>>
Are you saying that it's all in Dutch mind? That he's the one killing them all and then fighint his inner predator?
You know not every movie have to be deep, it can just be an alien hunter aficionado.
>>
>>82898361
God damn you suck.
>>
89IQ as fuck
>>
>>82900507
I really enjoy this perspective on the movie, to be honest. Never thought about it that way before.
>>
>>82898947
There's a Predator remake coming out in 2018, probably the studio trying to get ideas
>>
>>82900507
That's actually a very interesting perspective on the movie
And at the end, he redeems himself by overcoming his inner predator
It sounds a lot like Fight Club, the protagonist was really the antagonist the entire time
>>
>>82900507
Some of the deaths are quite ambiguous. When Billy stops and starts slicing himself, is there anyone there or does he snap and kill himself? He's been paranoid of something 'out there' the whole time. It's also possible that Mac kills Dillon.
>>
>>82899531
I love split second. Watched for the first time when I was seven.
>>
>>82901744
>>82901602
>>82901189
so like happy tree friends?
>>
>>82898867
You stole this theory from The Descent. Absolute garbage tier thread.
>>
File: IMG_1901.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1901.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
What was Blain shooting at? Was it God?
>>
>>82899531
Just saw Split Second a couple weeks ago. What a gem.
>>
>>82902333
It's an interpretation, not a theory. And I reserve it for movies where the presentation allows it.
>>
>>82902578
So your explanation for the mini nuclear explosion at the end is what exactly?
>>
what about the green blood
>>
Maybe Dillon's team also wasn't real and represented something else?

Although there isn't much there to support the idea
>>
Adding this to the list of shitty /tv/ "interpretations" along with:

Signs aliens = demons
There was no Blair Witch
The Prestige cloning machine didn't actually work
There was no time travel in 12 Monkeys
>>
>>82901542
>Predator remake
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>82899531
1. That's a great movie
2. You're theory only works for like the first 30 min of it
3. Not a giant rat monster
>>
>>82903055
how the fuck could anyone try to back that prestige one up
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.