[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to see it tonight for the first time. As being a bigger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: alien-covenant-1.jpg (57KB, 526x755px) Image search: [Google]
alien-covenant-1.jpg
57KB, 526x755px
Going to see it tonight for the first time.

As being a bigger fan of the older Alien films what can I expect out of this one /tv/?
>>
it's basically prometheus but all of the obnoxious plotholes/shitty character development/pretty much everything that was bad about that film is somehow even worse and even more obnoxious now
have fun
>>
A pattern I'm noticing is that everyone is a fan of the franchise, but no one is a fan of Scott's filmmaking. The franchise is a series of movies, and it wouldn't exist without Scott's filmmaking. Why are people fans of Alien?
>>
>>82897639
>A pattern I'm noticing is that everyone is a fan of the franchise, but no one is a fan of Scott's filmmaking.

More like everyone like Scott filmmaking from his early beginings to Thelma & Louise. Scott become more and more shit with the years, until the hack he become now.
>>
>>82897639
i love ridley scott but he's borderline senile at this point in his life and it shows in his filmmaking
>>
>>82897399
You can expect a movie that has some of the problems that Prometheus had, ie. dumb characters. It sort of borders on (intentional) dark comedy at times, a fact which is clearly lost upon most of the shitposting millenial Alien "fans".
Some of the CGI looks kinda shitty, but overall it's a pretty magical experience.
Would rank it over Aliens desu.
>>
>>82897825
I'm thinking this is bullshit and you adopted the pop cultural consensus as your personal opinion because you're not interested in filmmaking.
>>
>>82898030
>Some of the CGI looks kinda shitty

I really liked AC, but some of the close shots (e.g. headbashing through the medbay door window) had me wondering what Ridley was going for, or if maybe MPC/Framstore turned up this shit and Ridley felt pressured to say, "Yeah, that's fine".
>>
>>82897639
Ridley was on a hot streak when he made alien. Now he hasn't made a good film since Gladiator (which is admittedly pretty fucking great). It's why I'm glad Blade Runner is in somebody else's hands.

That said most Alien fans are actually Aliens fans and wanted the neil blomkamp nostalgia bait film instead.
>>
>>82898073

I´m 40 YO. I watched Alien cinemas when I was a kid. I watched Blade Runner when I was a kid. I loved Black Rain and Legend when I was kid, he was that kind of uncle, like spielber or lucas that tell you not only awesome stories but dark ones. Thema & Louise was awesome since he shifted and bring another king of dark story.

What happended since then? this thematical and visual shift make him weaker and weaker as storyteller. Is a concensus because is a sad truth. Scott is still capable of make beautiful images, but as storyteller he become more and more stale and dull. Gladiator is the only "hit" in a sea of mediocrity. Prometheus is even lower.

Your theory prove you use too much /tv/ as reference. I grow up with Scott filmmography and is sad how his habilities as artist degenerate in the current state.
>>
>>82897399
Not a lot of Aliens. Like very few. This is the Xenomorphs' incredibly stupid origin story.
>>
>>82898368
Ah it's the tired old
>Scott's excellent at creating visuals but he sucks as a storyteller in a visual medium where the visuals are literally everything and convey more information than dialogue and music combined
>>
>>82898368
>he was that kind of uncle, like spielber or lucas
Lol'd. Sounds like you're the senile one here, grandpa.
>>
>>82898030

>Some of the CGI looks kinda shitty

Sounds like a tribute to Alien 3
>>
>>82897639
Ridley was pretty good during Alien, but it was O'Bannon's story and ideas, and Giger's design work that actually carried that movie.
>>
>>82899782
>Giger's design work

cant stress this enough
>>
>>82898441
Nop, he used to be a great storyteller, is not a good one anymore
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.