[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched Fight Club for the first time, is it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6370.jpg (67KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6370.jpg
67KB, 1200x500px
Just watched Fight Club for the first time, is it good?
>>
>>82897270
KYS
>>
>watched a movie
>needs validation to know if good

day of the rope when
>>
>>82897270
yeah, but /tv/ pretends to hate it to be cool
>>
>GIVE A HOOT

READ A BOOK
>>
You sound like a dumbass
>>
>>82897609
/thread
>>82897727
The movie is better than the book in this case.
>>
>>82897270
It's an entertaining movie. Meaning it is meant to be watched purely on entertainment terms.
>>
No, but the movie was better
>>
>>82897270
No, is it memes.
>>
>>82897270
Just don't re-watch, It only gets worst every time you watch it again
>>
File: 1465632012249.jpg (94KB, 797x719px) Image search: [Google]
1465632012249.jpg
94KB, 797x719px
>>82897609
>this meme again
no reddit, we don't have upvotes and downvotes here, so no point in pretending really
>>
>>82897270
I don't know. You just saw it: you tell me.

But DESU: I love this film as a guilty pleasure. The nihilistic ideas presented in the film run true with my interpretation of the philosophy.

The twist at the end is fine, but was annoying for me bc I was told before I saw it and it sort of fucks up the film to see that coming.

My biggest problem with the film is the clear contradiction: money doesn't matter, society doesn't matter, possessions don't matter, celebrities don't matter. Anyway, we're just going to pay a bunch of millionaires and execs hundreds of thousands of dollars to tell you this.

Ther's a reason critics give it a 79% and audiences give it a 96%.

but I'm obviously part of the 96% (though I will never say it's the greatest film of all time or even one of the best cases for nihilism in film history)
>>
>>82897993
We love the haters We love we love the haters We love the haters We love we love the haters Haters are hot, haters are amazing, they make us feel good, in front of our monitors We love the haters We love we love the haters They trynna make us feel good and make us stop But we never stop 'cause they're cooler than us They just love us because they don't... They... Love us So we keep on doing our thing We love the haters Weedle weedle weedle We love the haters We love we love the haters We love the haters! We love the haters! So many haters on my videos Love, hater hater hater hater hater HATER HATER HATER HATER We love the haters We love we love the haters People say I'm hot People say I'm amazing We love the haters We love we love the haters HATER HATER HATER HATER HATER!!!! HATER!!!! HATERRR!!!!!!!!! We love the haters We love we love the haters We love the haters We love we love the haters We.Love. The. Haters!
>>
>>82897270
You don't talk about it you faggot
>>
>>82897270
It's for younger folk
>>
File: 157683.jpg (51KB, 320x175px) Image search: [Google]
157683.jpg
51KB, 320x175px
>>82897270
I saw it for the first time maybe 10 years ago. It isn't exactly a bad movie but it definitely didn't age as well as my teenage self thought it would.

Here is an excerpt from a cracked article (from before it turned into an ultra-liberal shithole) that I like.

>... and the point is that the difference in those two attitudes -- bitter vs. motivated -- largely determines whether or not you'll succeed in the world. For instance, some people want to respond to that speech with Tyler Durden's line fromFight Club: "You are not your job."

>But, well, actually, you totally are. Granted, your "job" and your means of employment might not be the same thing, but in both cases you are nothing more than the sum total of your useful skills. For instance, being a good mother is a job that requires a skill. It's something a person can do that is useful to other members of society. But make no mistake: Your "job" -- the useful thing you do for other people --is all you are.

>There is a reason why surgeons get more respect than comedy writers. There is a reason mechanics get more respect than unemployed hipsters. There is a reason your job will become your label if your death makes the news ("NFL Linebacker Dies in Murder/Suicide"). Tyler said, "You are not your job," but he also founded and ran a successful soap company and became the head of an international social and political movement. He wastotallyhis job.

>It was the irony that many people missed from that movie
>>
File: helena-bonham-carter.png (303KB, 344x802px) Image search: [Google]
helena-bonham-carter.png
303KB, 344x802px
>>82897270
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.