[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: evil deadd.jpg (518KB, 600x889px) Image search: [Google]
evil deadd.jpg
518KB, 600x889px
Was this any good?
>>
>>82891566
It's worth watching for the commentary, probably not advisable to record your director's commentary immediately after the movie flops.
>>
>>82891566
Nowhere near as good as the original trilogy or the series.
>>
File: Jane-Levy-Feet-1704482[1].jpg (791KB, 2852x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Jane-Levy-Feet-1704482[1].jpg
791KB, 2852x3000px
>>82891566
yes. jane levy is natural at horror. the gore is top shelf. i feel like this movie is what evil dead would have been if it didnt come off cheesy. as someone who felt burned by the 3 stooges humor of ash vs evil dead season 2, this movie definitely has its place.

also, check out dont breathe
>>
>>82891585
>Implying it fucking flopped

It was a huge success considering it was made with what's basically an indie budget
>>
I really enjoyed it. Especially the ebin tweest and last few scenes. It was fun and psyched me up.

But then again I've never really been autistically invested in the Evil Dead franchise.
>>
>>82892294
The final demon was the worst thing ever. What a fuck up.
>>
>>82892294

I have and I also enjoyed it a lot.

The old movies aren't going anywhere.
>>
It managed to be good enough to not insult the original, but not good enough to overshadow it. So pretty much no one was upset. No one was overjoyed either, but whatever
>>
File: ash vs evil dead.jpg (366KB, 1200x1788px) Image search: [Google]
ash vs evil dead.jpg
366KB, 1200x1788px
>>82892358
As much as I like this show, I find it more damaging to the original films by establishing that Ash was always an arsehole when his arc in the films is he only becomes like that because of what he goes through in the cabin
>>
>>82891566
I thought it was pretty good. It won't be considered a classic in the future like the original, but it's certainly worth a watch.
>>
>>82891566
It was complete shit.
>terrible characters
>no scary moments, just gore

The first two movies still creep me out at times. This one was meh.
>>
File: 1493561004271.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493561004271.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Is there a person in this thread that didn't wince at the tongue slicing scene?
>>
>>82892705
>tfw body modder
>clove someone's tongue last month
I think it looks like absolute shit and think people who do it are fucking stupid but hey it pays
>>
>those fucking awful hot topic contact lenses

What was wrong with all white like the original? Did they really feel the need to change this?

>Awful final "ultimate evil" demon is s Barbie doll dipped in white paint

Not even a nice pair of tits. I could MAYBE give it a pass if it had nice tits flopping out but no it was a Barbie.
>>
>>82892741
Is it reversible?
>>
>>82892705
it was bad, but the hand being hit by the axe was worse for me
>>
>>82891566
I liked it
>>
>>82892705
The bit that got me was the blade cutting the knee, jeeeez.
>>
File: cellar.jpg (54KB, 698x355px) Image search: [Google]
cellar.jpg
54KB, 698x355px
Maybe it was down to the performance but this Deadite was really creepy while the rest just weren't.
Does this take place in the same continuity as the rest of the Evil Dead movies? Is it the same demon?
>>
it's better than all the Bruce Wayne movies
>>
best remake Ive seen in a long time, maybe ever.

it was just so groovy
>>
>>82891566
Surprisingly yes and i went in planning to hate it
>>
>>82892120
delicious footpussy desu
>>
File: david.jpg (14KB, 450x295px) Image search: [Google]
david.jpg
14KB, 450x295px
It was great, except this guy
He was terrible
>>
>>82894308
How so?
>>
File: evildeadchainsaw.jpg (44KB, 400x352px) Image search: [Google]
evildeadchainsaw.jpg
44KB, 400x352px
>>82891566
just watch Evil Dead II again anon
>>
>>82894541
Diminishing returns
>>
>>82891566
yeah wtf you been living under a rock
>>
>>82891585
>probably not advisable to record your director's commentary immediately after the movie flops.

...?

Budget: $17 million
Box Office: $97.5 million

In what universe is making more than five times your budget back a "flop"? Even if we go to /tv/'s old standby boogeyman of "marketing budget is equal to production budget!" (so a total of $34 million), that would still mean the movie turned a profit of more than $63 million.

Man, /tv/ is thoroughly disconnected from reality.
>>
>>82891566
yes
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.