[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HE IS CONAN SUMERIAN HE WON'T CRY SO I CRY FOR HIM.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: SO I CRY FOR HIM.jpg (65KB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
SO I CRY FOR HIM.jpg
65KB, 1280x546px
HE IS CONAN
SUMERIAN
HE WON'T CRY

SO I CRY FOR HIM.
>>
>>82890369
>SUMERIAN
It's Cimmerian, OP
>>
>>82890443
Oh right
>>
I wonder what Robert Howard and Lovecraft talked about?

Anyone have any info on Conan's story taking place in Lovecraft's mythos? Did they ever discuss this or trace this out? Is it noticeable in any Conan stories?
>>
>>82890495
>I wonder what Robert Howard and Lovecraft talked about?
You can read their letters, they corresponded frequently
>>
>>82890533
Oh cool.

Are there any books that compile this you'd recommend?

Although I will search google.
>>
File: 19260108-wtdec35b.jpg (461KB, 1073x1600px) Image search: [Google]
19260108-wtdec35b.jpg
461KB, 1073x1600px
>>82890599
Have a read of this article
http://lovecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_E._Howard
And this is the book you want
http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/sources/mf.aspx
Although there is an old collection of HPL's letters you might like to check out as well
Also pic related is the first artistic depiction of Conan, by Margaret Brundage, who illustrated a lot of Weird Tales mags.
>>
>>82890693
Thanks man!! Very helpful.

Hey, btw, do you recommend any Conan books in particular? Haven't read any since I was in jr high and barely remember them.
>>
>>82890773
Grab the Conan Chronicles, published by Gollancz.
>>
>>82890910
Much appreciated.
>>
It's amusing to me when disingenuous leftists claim there are no leftist creatives when the entirety of Weird Fiction writers were hardcore reactionaries of the type leftists today would decry as alt right or even fascist.
>>
>>82890599
Yes. Most of the Lovecraft letters have been compiled in 5 volumes (I think it's 5).

You can read him going from full racist to almost total liberal in them. It's pretty good character development for something irl.
>>
>>82890599
Collections of Lovecraft’s Letters
•Essential Solitude: The Letters of H.P. Lovecraft and August Derleth (Hippocampus Press)
•Fritz Leiber and H.P. Lovecraft: Writers of the Dark (Wildside Press)
•H.P. Lovecraft in the Argosy: Collected Correspondence from the Munsey Magazines (Necronomicon Press)
•H.P. Lovecraft: Letters to Alfred Galpin (Hippocampus Press)
•H.P. Lovecraft: Letters to Elizabeth Toldridge & Anne Tillery Renshaw (Hippocampus Press)
•H.P. Lovecraft: Letters to F. Lee Baldwin, Duane W. Rimel, and Nils Frome (Hippocampus Press)
•H.P. Lovecraft: Letters to Henry Kuttner (Necronomicon Press)
•H.P. Lovecraft: Letters to J. Vernon Shea, Carl F. Strauch, and Lee McBride White (Hippocampus Press)
•H.P. Lovecraft: Letters to James F. Morton (Hippocampus Press)
•H.P. Lovecraft: Letters to Rheinhart Kleiner (Hippocampus Press)
•H.P. Lovecraft: Letters to Robert Bloch and Others (Hippocampus Press)
•H.P. Lovecraft: Letters to Samuel Loveman and Vincent Starrett (Necronomicon Press)
•H.P. Lovecraft: Letters to Richard F. Searight (Necronomicon Press)
•Lovecraft Letters Volume 2: Letters from New York (Night Shade Books)
•A Means to Freedom: The Letters of H. P. Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard (Hippocampus Press)
•Mysteries of Time and Spirit: The Letters of H.P. Lovecraft and Donald Wandrei (Night Shade Books)
•O Fortunate Floridian: H.P. Lovecraft’s Letters to R.H. Barlow (University of Tampa Press)
•Selected Letters I (1911-1924) (Arkham House)
•Selected Letters II (1925-1929) (Arkham House)
•Selected Letters III (1929-1931) (Arkham House)
•Selected Letters IV (1932-1934) (Arkham House)
•Selected Letters V (1934-1937) (Arkham House)
•The Spirit of Revision: Lovecraft’s Letters to Zealia Brown Reed Bishop (The H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society)
Sample Letters
•Letter to the Gallomo (Alfred Galpin, Samuel Loveman, and Maurice W. Moe), 11 December 1919
•Letter to Clark Ashton Smith, 27 November 1927
>>
>>82890369
will watch now
>>
>>82890495
>Anyone have any info on Conan's story taking place in Lovecraft's mythos?
What, the like that one time he killed a monster that he said he came from space? I remember that happening. Tower of the Elephant had an extraterrestrial in it too.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.