[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: picture-1.png (448KB, 848x358px) Image search: [Google]
picture-1.png
448KB, 848x358px
what the fuck was his problem?
>>
Greed isn't a problem OP.
Greed is good.
Greed is survival.
One must be greedier than the Jews,
to beat the Jews.
>>
Oil!
>>
He hated everything because he was incapable of producing offspring, and all he ever wanted was family, and so he got the next best thing: money.
>>
>>82889923
He was just paranoid about someone taking over his position. He even explained it to DiCaprio in the movie.
>>
>>82890094
When you get past a certain point when it comes to income, and the agreed average is upwards of 500k, you start to get shit happening such as maids "slipping on banana peels" and trying to sue you for it. Let alone competition and lobbying becoming your enemies once you are "too big to ignore".

In those times, people were even crazier.
So paranoia is not only rational, it's a mandatory survival tool.
>>
>>82889972
>greed is good
capitalism turns people's individual greed into a tool for mutual benefit, in other words: borrowing, lending, insuring, and investing. None of that is possible in a command or trade/simple contract society.

However, corporatism is not capitalism. I heard an analogy once that made it clear to me: imagine you have a hammer (a corporation) and it's job is to pull nails (deconstruct - the first step to repairing something and making it valuable again) and hammer nails (build something that has value) but ever since the Chrysler Brothers sued Ford in a famous case and made sure a corporation always has a legal fiduciary duty to the shareholders, corporations no longer provide value: they succeed ONLY in pulling and hammering nails, they can literally hammer a nail, pull the nail, hammer again and then claim they made 3x value when all they did was pointlessly construct and deconstruct the same financial vehicle (like a mortgage, for example: cutting up, re-bundling, re-branding, re-selling, cutting it up again, forever) or capital (literally leasing a machine in a factory over and over and over to themselves forever for tax breaks or to pass around among other corporations to artificially increase it's value in perceived importance. A traditional company can no longer compete because of these shenanigans where building something, creating something, making an actual investment vehicle, is infinitely less profitable than the PLAN to create these values. Corporations make promises, plan, lay off employees, restructure, call shares and issue shares, find a way to buy less paperclips and then pat themselves on the back. More importantly: by law they MUST do this mindless shit. It's a gigantic ponzi scheme but thanks to US law and international corporations avoiding all regulation and responsibility, it 'works' in the short run and then the disease moves on to subsidiaries that go under. They hide their absolute unsustainability.
>>
>>82890186
>corporatism
What you're referring to is corporatocracy, or crony capitalism. Corporatism is something different. Your post is otherwise correct.
>>
>>82890186
>However, corporatism is not capitalism.
No True Scotsman.
Corporatism is Capitalism, when taken to the extreme.
Al-Qaeda is Islam, when taken to the extreme.
Westboro Baptist Church is Christianity, when taken to the extreme.
Feminism is Egalitarianism, when taken to the extreme.

To argue the opposite is to act like your preferred ideology is infallible and pure just so you can avoid having to:
a. Regulate the negative byproducts of your ideology.
b. Act with infallibility. And infallibility is the most cancerous and retarded phenomena that exists in society which is the source of everything and anything wrong in existence.
>>
>>82890240
>just so you can avoid having to:

>Act with infallibility.
*Admit that your ideology is not perfect and far from it, because it is a social product.
>>
>>82890240
>No True Scotsman.
How is what he said a No True Scotsman logical fallacy?
>>
>>82890293
Because corporations are an invention of capitalism and the notion was invented by it, you idiot.
>>
>>82890240

I'm cringing so hard right now
>>
>>82890319
I am cringing at your lack of education,
so we have something in common now.
>>
>>82890229
it used to be, but now there is no such thing as an honest/traditional corporation. Even if there is a single shareholder the other relevant shareholders COULD sue in order to make a 'good' corporation obey the fiduciary duty clause. As soon as such mega corporations (disney, time warner) lose enough money the shareholders can force them to behave like monsanto or any of the other more obvious corrupt corporations. It's in US legal structure, the only reason shareholders don't sue and bring the issue to federal court is that some of the dying 'less than evil' corporations still make some money and/or a single family controls all the relevant shares. Some corporations also only issue non-voting shares for this reason but they are more like family owned or single proprietorship that you can happen to use as a gambling vehicle on wall street.

I did oversimplify it but how corporations are favored in the "free market" and by the government (which is run by representatives that are controlled by these corporations) but in THEORY banks could be out-competed by credit unions and corporations COULD be out-competed by cooperatives but in practice and in reality there are always regulations and snares that stop it from happening engineered by a legal system controlled by corporate political reps.

We haven't practiced any form of capitalism by any definition for fifty fucking years.
>>
>>82889923
Did he really have a problem? He was ambitious and smart and did what ambitious smart people do. Also, he most likely was in crippling pain for the rest of his life after the accident which made him a party pooper.
>>
>>82889923
>I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

>There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. I want to earn enough money I can get away from everyone.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.